• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keikaku

Ashhong said:
How the fuck did Nada hold that?

He traded all his Vikings to snipe the Colossi and, once the initial Zealots were dead, the Marauders cleaned house. Couldn't get enough breathing room until when the next set of Zealots came through though.

MrKnives

Q8D3vil said:
i wasn't expecting a lot from him but losing against a no name eu player made it way way worse.
maybe he's jet extremely lagged, who knows.

Would be my guess. From what I know they like just got there and it can take a lot of time to recover from a jet lag. He just played bad.

Corran Horn said:
I'm always scared when I make up in the middle of the night and hear panda and Holden .... need to remember to turn off my speakers....

I always forget I have mumble on/not muted, then suddenly while watching a show late at night Holden will make some loud random statement followed by Panda's smooth retort. For the previous 3 hours there was no talk, then suddenly it's 4AM and they want to have a discussion.

Tacitus_

Zzoram said:
so the different streams don't show different games?

At least the TB stream didn't show the Huk game while Khaldors did. Here's the stream list:
SETT TV #1 (TotalBiscuit and Apollo)
SETT TV #2 (Tonttu, Zyrk, shAsur)
GameCreds.com (ZeratoR)
Millenium TV
Khaldor
GoogGame.ru

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wow. This is so embarrassing. What the fuck are they playing on? Windows Vista?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
People need to learn how to deal with disconnects.

Plug network cable out. Plug it back in.
It works every god-damn time. If it doesn't work, your internet connection is at fault and every computer on the network would be affected.

Yoshichan

mescalineeyes said:

It works every god-damn time. If it doesn't work, your internet connection is at fault and every computer on the network would be affected.
Wow... really?

BigAT

mescalineeyes said:

It wasn't a connectivity issue, the power for both computers died.

Yoshichan

gg. Even when the opponent knew what he was doing.

Yoshichan

TheThunder said:
Haypro... how you still get invited to tournaments puzzles me.
A little bit too early to say, right? I have hopes for this match!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
time to correct a maour misconception.

pandas lesson of the day: why you shouldn't spread creep in zvz

IfUG0.jpg

notes: zerg units gain advantage from all creep regardless of the source, ergo enemy units on your creep gain everything you do from all the work you spent spreading it. in a match with few viabe options for mobile anti air, the need for creep vision is fairly limited.

by not spreading your creep you guaruntee yoursef a concave advantage in a fight because you will always be fighting at the edge of your creep. your units will form concaves faster, your units will reposition faster, your units will naturally unball faster. all of this ultimately results in more of your units firing before his units are in position to fire and this initial damage will be fairly focused on the front of the slower ball.

the further your creep is spread, the less likely you will be in equivalent position as your incoming opponent. by spreading creep you are surrendering a natural zerg advantage! you better have a good [map related] reason to do it because you arent just behind on larvae.

Yoshichan

Wow o.o. Did you come up with that yourself?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Yoshichan said:
Wow. Did you come up with this yourself?
i just threw it together because i thought everyone just knew it by default [its so obvious if you play zerg how speed affects your engagements], but every time someone obs one of my zvz's they bring up creep spread. >_>

Yoshichan

Pandaman said:
i just threw it together because i thought everyone just knew it by default [its so obvious if you play zerg how speed affects your engagements], but every time someone obs one of my zvz's they bring up creep spread. >_>
Definitely interesting facts, even as a terran :)

clav

Pandaman said:
My zerg friend says the same thing for ZvZ.

Only spread as much creep to connect bases. Use zerglings and ovs for vision away from the hatcheries.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Yoshichan said:
Definitely interesting facts, even as a terran :)
i should note this only applies in zvz all else being equal because units will have the same speed unless only one group is on creep at the initial engagement.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Some people were asking for a larger version of my avatar, here ya go.

(clicky)

Yoshichan

That was me, Pancakes. Thanks!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ShallNoiseUpon said:
Has he ever done anything impressive? Other than being a hacker in BW?
zero tolerance for stream cheaters; employ known hacker, invite other hackers to events.

typical day at teamliquid

Yoshichan

Nada ♥ upgrades

MrKnives

ShallNoiseUpon said:
Has he ever done anything impressive? Other than being a hacker in BW?

He has won one or more dreamhacks in bw. His greatest SC2 achievement is talking his way into Team Liquid.

Zzoram

The +2 building armor and +1turrent/planetary range upgrades are actually good. They make your planetary that much harder to take down.

HayprO is most likely to not get resigned by Teamliquid if they ever drop a player, especially now that they have Sheth, the superior in every way Zerg. The community loves Sheth and doesn't like HayprO because he never talks.

Tacitus_

Zzoram said:
The +2 building armor and +1turrent/planetary range upgrades are actually good. They make your planetary that much harder to take down.

Agreed, but the bunker upgrade?

E: remaining schedule with the time being 22:56 currently.

23:20 HuK vs MaNa

00:30 HuK vs DarKFoRcE

MrKnives

PhoenixDark said:
I don't get why so many people constantly defend Haypro and say he's really good. Artosis, Tyler, etc...

Tyler and he is on the same team. What do you expect? Artosis probably just for some bw nostalgia and just doesn't want to seem like an asshole

MrKnives said:
He has won one or more dreamhacks in bw. His greatest SC2 achievement is talking his way into Team Liquid.

So he was king of a bunch of random foreigners in BW? Meh. Was Dreamhack even a notable event when he won, or was it just a bunch of dudes LANing?

Edit: His TLPD BW stats are ass too:

wmWPA.png

SC2 stats are even worse:

VAMSX.png

HayprO is awful.

Zzoram

MrKnives said:
Tyler and he is on the same team. What do you expect? Artosis probably just for some bw nostalgia and just doesn't want to seem like an asshole

Tyler has put up better results than HayprO. During the first MLG that all of Teamliquid was at, Jinro won and Tyler was in the top 8 or something wasn't he? HayprO was all the way down in the 20s even back then. Also, Tyler was more accomplished than HayprO even back in Broodwar.

HayprO is definitely the worst player on Teamliquid, he performs the worst and he has almost no fans and no community interaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom