• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
PhoenixDark said:
Why are people excited about the Boxer/Yellow showmatch? Yellow probably sucks at SC2 and will be swept. Not because he's a bad player, I just doubt he has practiced much at SC2...
Cant people be excited when 2 old school BW pros play in SC2? Doesnt matter if its high quality games, stop shitting in people's breakfast dawg.

Dooraven

Q8D3vil said:
jimrp is a terran.
why should grubby make it through ? he is a bad sc2 player.
i need to see Sarens vs Sen.

Yes I know Jimpo is a terran, but he lost to Mana as well who is a protoss which is what I was referring to.

I didn't expect Grubby to loose to Welmu to be honest.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Corran Horn said:
Cant people be excited when 2 old school BW pros play in SC2? Doesnt matter if its high quality games, stop shitting in people's breakfast dawg.
Don't worry. Matches starts way after lunch.

Haunted

PhoenixDark said:
Why are people excited about the Boxer/Yellow showmatch? Yellow probably sucks at SC2 and will be swept. Not because he's a bad player, I just doubt he has practiced much at SC2...
It's like a Michael Jordan vs Kobe Bryant Baseball showmatch!

StarCraft II: Starter Edition

SC2 has a new "demo" version. First 4 missions, first 2 challenges.

You can play custom games using the following 4 custom maps:

Xel’Naga Caverns
Shattered Temple
Discord IV
High Orbit

But you are limited to the Terran race. Pretty cool way to get people who haven't yet tried SC2 onboard.

We’ve replaced the previously available StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty demo with the recently launched StarCraft II: Starter Edition. StarCraft II: Starter Edition allows anyone to play the following content for free (all you need is a Battle.net account and Internet connection):

The first four missions of the StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty single-player campaign, including Mar Sara 1-3 and the choice to embark on Tychus’s first mission or Dr. Hansen’s first mission.
The first two Challenges: Tactical Command and Covert Ops.
Access to the terran race in Custom Games and Single-Player vs. AI.
Access to the following custom maps (map selection may rotate over time):
Xel’Naga Caverns
Shattered Temple
Discord IV
High Orbit

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Mr.Awesome said:
I was watching live. The convo continued after the game. Also, the terran was right.

Terrans whining about a single unit countering everything.

Irony at its finest.

Corran Horn

Pancakes said:
Terrans whining about a single unit countering everything.

Irony at its finest.
Zerg whining before, same with protoss. Everyone whines as metagames shift! HOLY SHIT

ijmir.gif

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Thought I'd post this here to get hte ball rolling on what's already rolling on the AUSGAF thread,

impromptu ausgaf sc2 night tonight!

we dont have a time yet... but loiter in the steam chat and you'll see when it's time!

Corran Horn

HolyCheck said:
Thought I'd post this here to get hte ball rolling on what's already rolling on the AUSGAF thread,

impromptu ausgaf sc2 night tonight!

we dont have a time yet... but loiter in the steam chat and you'll see when it's time!
get me an account. I want to be a GM aussie player

HolyCheck

Corran Horn said:
Pfft buy me an account and maybe ill grace you all with my presence and stream.

:p

last ausgaf night Legionnaire showed up ;) (ok so this was in like.. november... but still! paz <3)

HolyCheck

hamchan said:
This AusGAF night will probably be just 3 dudes btw, 2 of them being me and HolyCheck.

sif, i'm sure pie and bbyybb will join if theyre not too busy watching sc2 lol (CHALLENGE THROWN)

hamchan said:
This AusGAF night will probably be just 3 dudes btw, 2 of them being me and HolyCheck.

There is me and striek as well. Only problem for me is tonight is footy/GSL +yellow/boxer showmatch.

Corran Horn said:
get me an account. I want to be a GM aussie player

I'm plat on SEA and diamond on US. SEA > US :D.

SteveWinwood said:
Is Destiny back to Master? Wasn't he GM for a while?

GM isn't decided yet, he will be in it.

HolyCheck

hamchan said:
Oh whoops, I totally forgot GSTL and BoxeR vs Yellow showmatch is tonight...

pfft!

we don't need you!

we have jambo, legend and VOOK!

AdventureRacing said:
There is me and striek as well. Only problem for me is tonight is footy/GSL +yellow/boxer showmatch.

I'm plat on SEA and diamond on US. SEA > US :D.

>_> you two would be too good for us. lolol jk, but yes true... perhaps after GSTL and for a while before boxer yellow starts!?

I'm Bronze on SEA and Gold on US, so you are correct SEA > US!

HolyCheck said:
>_> you two would be too good for us. lolol jk, but yes true... perhaps after GSTL and for a while before boxer yellow starts!?

I'm Bronze on SEA and Gold on US, so you are correct SEA > US!

Are you going to start a channel on the SEA servers?

HolyCheck

AdventureRacing said:
Are you going to start a channel on the SEA servers?

good idea, i'll lurk in both neogaf and ausgaf on the sea server as different crowds will join different ones!

Also I'm thinking of making a WCG thread soon? I'm talking an overall everything, because the chinese qualies are soon, the korean qualies are soon, american ones are ongoing, australian ones are ongoing, anyone else think it might be nice? (just WCG SC2)

Jeff-DSA

That's one way to deal with Brood Lords...

NukeBroods.png

This was actually glorious. In 2v2s, I had just EMP'd the Infestors and cleaned those up while while my Ghost laid down the nuke. The Zerg didn't see where it was coming down, and flew a ton of Brood Lords right into the blast. GG.

Q8D3vil said:
what is the terran unit that counter everything ?
enlighten me please.

They claim it's the Marine, but Marines are garbage against Brood Lords, Banelings (unless you have insane micro and are off creep), Roaches, and Infestors.

HolyCheck said:
good idea, i'll lurk in both neogaf and ausgaf on the sea server as different crowds will join different ones!

Ok i might be on there later.

HolyCheck said:
Also I'm thinking of making a WCG thread soon? I'm talking an overall everything, because the chinese qualies are soon, the korean qualies are soon, american ones are ongoing, australian ones are ongoing, anyone else think it might be nice? (just WCG SC2)

Sounds good. Is there likely to be many good players there?

HolyCheck

AdventureRacing said:
Ok i might be on there later.

Sounds good. Is there likely to be many good players there?

The korean ones are the most insane tournament

"24 players will qualify out of 24 groups of 6/7 people (Single Elimination Bo3).

WCG Korea National Finals will be 32 people, with 8 seeds coming from the GSL Top 8 ranking (as of the LG 3D Super Tournament) + the 24 qualified players. The national finals will be broadcasted on OnGameNet, hosted at the famous iPark ESPORTS Stadium in Yongsan.

Out of the national finals, 3 players will qualify for the Grand Finals in Busan in November.

Seeded Players: MVP, NesTea. MC, MarineKing, Polt, July, NaDa, San."

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=250912#5 <-- the groups.

Haunted

Stephano just beat Sen at Assembly and advances to the Ro8, so gosu.

Elfi advances over Jinpo and Seiplo over Kas (wat).

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Q8D3vil said:
what is the terran unit that counter everything ?
enlighten me please.
even that dumbass terran didnt think infestors actually counter everything, hence the "... and BLORD HANDLES EVERYTHING ELSE!"

but to answer your question, the only zerg unit that's cost efficient vs micro'd marines is the infestor.

Haunted

Mana playing so well, Nada is being dismantled in a standard, straight-up macro game.

Mana eliminates two front-runners for the tournament with Huk and Nada, but his PvZ is too weak to take it all with Stephano and Dimaga still in the tournament.

Q8D3vil

Pandaman said:
even that dumbass terran didnt think infestors actually counter everything, hence the "... and BLORD HANDLES EVERYTHING ELSE!"

but to answer your question, the only zerg unit that's cost efficient vs 'microd marines is the infestor.
so every terran can micro like mkp now.
i understand.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Micro against infestors... yeah, when their fungal range gets nerfed to 2. Maybe at that point I'll be able to aggressively split towards them...

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Q8D3vil said:
so every terran can micro like mkp now.
i understand.
lol.

stutterstepping banes too hard for you?
stim run in vs broods?

cause thats the only micro involved. I was laughing my ass off at the guy who said roaches counter marines because marines can just 1a vs equal cost or supply roach and utterly annihilate the roaches.

Yoshichan said:
Micro against infestors... yeah, when their fungal range gets nerfed to 2. Maybe at that point I'll be able to aggressively split towards them...
you're not supposed to beat infestors with marines, dummy.

the idea that marines should be able to overcome their only hardcounter with 'aggressive splitting' is fucking retarded. only a terran would think that would be good for the game...

Yoshichan

edit: you know what, FORGET IT.

edit 2: by the Gods, READ next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom