• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
zlatko said:
I've always wanted to be a Terran player, but even now that I'd say I'm a solid gold player as Zerg, I just can't for the life of me keep my money low and constantly produce units as Terran. Their macro just doesn't click with my small brain.

:(

I am in the same boat :(

Holden

mescalineeyes said:
Holden is also P (Hugoboss21)

if u read a couple post above, i just switch to zerg :p

and zerg, is hella fun compared to toss, and when i lose, i know what i did wrong t.t

zoukka said:
Terran is the hardest race. Seriously.

Just because it doesn't suit your play style doesn't mean it's the hardest. I'm not saying which i think is the hardest race to play either (not that i think there is a right answer).

Protoss is obviously the easiest when it comes down to pure mechanics.

Even iNcontroL with his fat as fuck hands can play it... it beats me how he was good at Brood War.

zoukka

I used to think Terran is easy. But that was just for early pushes and pressure. Macroing with Terran is so much harder than Zerg or Toss.

And everyone knows Toss is the easiest race. Simple macro mechanics, great and varied offensive tools and easy expanding.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
mescalineeyes said:

Even iNcontroL with his fat as fuck hands can play it... it beats me how he was good at Brood War.
I dont think the pool of players were that large after 10 years lol.

Aylinato

En Taro Adun Protoss commanders. Do not lose faith! Do not let Tassadar's sacrifice beforgot! Do not forsake Fenix's memory! We fight to survive! We shall march forth through the clouds! With honor and faith we fight alongside each other to survive! Let not the last hope for our universe be in vein! Do not forget what they did to our matriarch! In the shadows we shall come and shine our blades as we engage our enemies head on for we do not fear death! EN TARO TASSADAR! EN TARO FENIX! EN TARO ADUN! MY LIFE FOR AIUR!

MrKnives

mescalineeyes said:

And he played Zerg.

Holden

mescalineeyes said:

PROTOSS IS OBVIOUSLY THE HARDEST RACE.

Even JulyZerg as zerg with his fat as fuck hands can play it.
Even Pokebunny as terran // Leenock as zerg with their 16 year old can play it
Even Slayers_eve as terran by being a chick can play it

oh and that terran handicap dude who was winning against masters players t.t dunno his name

zoukka said:
I used to think Terran is easy. But that was just for early pushes and pressure. Macroing with Terran is so much harder than Zerg or Toss.

And everyone knows Toss is the easiest race. Simple macro mechanics, great and varied offensive tools and easy expanding.

HAGHAGHAGHAGHH

terran macro is hard? LOL gtfo is that hard to time mules right? even if you miss one you can use 2 at the same time w/ 1 OB

great and varied offensive tools? Wow gonna send some dts!!! oh wait he's a terrible terran who can't macro his orbital commands so he has like 4 scans.

easy expanding? LOL terran has the easiest expanding of the game, you can build your CC in your goddamn main, it can lift, and BE A FUCKING PF

ok you can balme toss for being ez, but hey get some better arguments plz

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Way too much rage going on here, I can't even spot the sarcasm anymore.

Chill out.

Q8D3vil

Yoshichan said:

Chill out.
yeah holden is just trying to justify his switch to zerg.
just say "infestors" holden, i don't think any body here will sympathize with a protoss.

Holden

Yoshichan said:

Chill out.
1tQvL.png

Keikaku

nilbog21 said:
u kno its bad when its yoshi telling people to calm down

You would think he would be OK with people raging "intelligently" :p

I threw a ton of matches today and I've been "reclassified" into Silver. Now to work my way back up (or down D:)

zoukka

Hugoboss21 said:
terran macro is hard? LOL gtfo is that hard to time mules right? even if you miss one you can use 2 at the same time w/ 1 OB

great and varied offensive tools? Wow gonna send some dts!!! oh wait he's a terrible terran who can't macro his orbital commands so he has like 4 scans.

easy expanding? LOL terran has the easiest expanding of the game, you can build your CC in your goddamn main, it can lift, and BE A FUCKING PF

Someone is mad.

Mules are easy to use. So are chrono boosts. But with Toss you have all your warpgates on one key and can make them in any location you want. Hence the easy expanding (throw a bunch of cannons there too if you want it even more easier) and great offensive warping to your proxy pylons... did I say pylons, I meant a flying pylon that doesn't even cost gas.

At least with terran you need to watch your rally points and manage add-ons.

twofold

zoukka said:

I disagree. I find macro easiest as Terran. I can easily keep my minerals below 500 as Terran but struggle to do so as Zerg or Protoss. Low APM players such as Sjow and Goody are also proof that you don't need crazy good mechanics to succeed as Terran. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any low APM Protoss/Zerg players that have had success.

twofold said:
Low APM players such as Sjow and Goody are also proof that you don't need crazy good mechanics to succeed as Terran

The only thing that proves is that Goody is a genius. Once he gets his Macro up to speed, he will be the Flash of our generation.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I was 100% sure this would happen.

YellOw joins SlayerS

YellOw signed a contract with Kim Ga-Yeon [Jessica], making her his personal agent. Jessica revealed on the 6th at the WCG qualifiers at the Intel eStadium in the Shindorim Technomart that she was "active as YellOw's personal agent", revealing the special relationship with Hong Jinho for the first time.
Hopefully he can help level up Min and Yugioh and teach them to look badass.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
good idea. i understand why boxer wanted yellow to do his own thing and start his own clan, but thats just not realistic when you're a year late to the party.

Keikaku

Hazaro said:
I was 100% sure this would happen.

YellOw joins SlayerS

Hopefully he can help level up Min and Yugioh and teach them to look badass.

It's important to quote the following:

However, YellOw is not entering SlayerS as an official team player. In addition, YellOw is only taking his baby steps in Starcraft 2 and due to his past legendary status in Starcraft, it was not right to take him as a trainee as in the case of Kim Siyoon [Eve]. Thus, it was decided that he would be an honorary team member.

Striek

Q8D3vil said:
yeah holden is just trying to justify his switch to zerg.
just say "infestors" holden, i don't think any body here will sympathize with a protoss.
I will. I still <3 Aiur, even if I'm kinda swapping to the swarm. Protoss is fucking hard (ed: not to play, but to win, trololo).

Q8D3vil

I disagree. I find macro easiest as Terran. I can easily keep my minerals below 500 as Terran but struggle to do so as Zerg or Protoss. Low APM players such as Sjow and Goody are also proof that you don't need crazy good mechanics to succeed as Terran. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any low APM Protoss/Zerg players that have had success.
putting multiple units on que does not equal easy macro.
goody increased his apm and its 130 apm right now (getting closer to becoming flash).

if you want really low apm player check axlav.

Did Yell0w look like a credible player, or potentially like one, in his showmatch with Boxer? I've read about his BW past (though I never did have and still don't have any knowledge of that game) but is he committed to being a full-time SC2 pro?

Keikaku

slidewinder said:
Did Yell0w look like a credible player, or potentially like one, in his showmatch with Boxer? I've read about his BW past (though I never did have and still don't have any knowledge of that game) but is he committed to being a full-time SC2 pro?

There were definitely flashes of potential. He played the game like it was BW though and he lost because of it. In a lot of ways it was like watching Nestea is Season 1 of GSL in terms of his macro.

More news from that link:
On this, Jessica said, "While I have been acting as BoxeR's agent, being his girlfriend meant that this was not a a big issue. However, acting as YellOw's agent has made me realise that eSports professionals need agents just like sports professionals for their own advancement. I hope that after myself as a starting point, at there will be an influx of agents from professional sports.

Unlike other ordinary teams before, SlayerS will allow personal agent contracts for team members that have great skill and professional mindset. And it will be the aim of SlayerS to support them so that they can find good teams. I hope that this is the way that SlayerS be a team where all members will receive the greatest respect. The first player to have a personal agent was BoxeR and the second YellOw, and the third may be Moon Seongwon [MMA].

Henceforth, Jessica will be in charge of YellOw's professional life with team relations/establishment, broadcast participation and all other activities under her management. YellOw will be concentrating on improving his Starcraft 2 skills with Jessica and SlayerS to the level of current professionals.

Zzoram

Yellow had the mechanics, he just had no idea about build orders, timings, and strategies. He can learn those things.

twofold said:

I'm similar. I find it easier to macro with both zerg and terran because i don't need to look at my base to do so. I find it harder with protoss but i wouldn't mind learning as i do like protoss.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Zzoram said:
Yellow had the mechanics, he just had no idea about build orders, timings, and strategies. He can learn those things.
Give him 2 weeks with Min and Yugioh.
BAM
Code A

Hazaro said:
Boxer got Code S in two weeks, but that was when no one else was any good.

Yeah and now they are hence why boxer is in code B. I'm not expecting to see yellow in code A anytime soon if ever. We don't even know for sure how serious he is about it.

I would like to see them both perform but i'm not sure there is any reason to assume it.

AdventureRacing said:
Yeah and now they are hence why boxer is in code B. I'm not expecting to see yellow in code A anytime soon if ever. We don't even know for sure how serious he is about it.

I would like to see them both perform but i'm not sure there is any reason to assume it.

Isn't Boxer code A now?

WTF happened in this thread?! I think the |OT| should begin keeping track of players, SC name, and race, since apparently switching is now the thing to do.

V_Arnold

Q8D3vil said:
can't wait for tomorrow sotg and artosis bitching about terran.

Lulz :D Be more positive, man.
Also, I am dedicated now to only play mech in all matchups. I Rike it, but masses of ZLING/BLING/MUTA decimates this for some reason (or maybe being a base low does :p)

V_Arnold

To be honest, Boxer seems like he has all he needs to be a strong code S-material, but for some reason, he refused to adapt with the current metagame-flow.

He was weak against Zerg even when he was considered good in SCII (so he never really learned that matchup in the first place), and ever since then, he did not adapt, so that is whe he was out. Was quite strong in MLG though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom