• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

AtomHeart said:
Every time I play this game it feels like I play worse and worse. I'm still doing my placement matches and my first one when using protoss was a disaster so I thought I'd try zerg, turns out that was a bad idea. I ended up with 5000 minerals stocked up, barely no gas and hardly any units, got destroyed. The entire match I was just doing appalling.

Figured I'd go back to protoss, kept up with the guys economy yet I had less than half of his units and he had colossus before I could even pump out anything good. Lost 10 minutes in.

Looks like I'm heading to the bronze league baby!

Edit: Nevermind, just had a couple more games and placed in the silver league! Better than I was expecting! Had a good game against a terran, managed to destroy each other bases but I won in the end. :D
Just keep playing, if you focus on improving your macro and just practice basic build orders you'll be in Plat very soon.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
fanboi said:
So... we need to do a cross region battle... reawaken the discussion we had earlier Panda.
well, pretty much everyone in eu has an na accout now save arnold, so it'd mostly just be picking players and deciding who is available to whom.
ie: holden lives in europe but has never had a europe account, whose side is he on?

wedge7, vautrin, elcheris, twosocks, vaporak, holden, xenien

Holden

Pandaman said:
well, pretty much everyone in eu has an na accout now save arnold, so it'd mostly just be picking players and deciding who is available to whom.
ie: holden lives in europe but has never had a europe account, whose side is he on?

i only play on NA, i never played on EU t.t

count me as NA
the best

anyway, im relly bad atm since i just switched

fanboi

Banned
Pandaman said:

Well he can borrow mine!

Knives, Greyjoy, Mescaline, MOTHER FUCKING YOSHI, meomeland, Devil, Sykra

anyway, im relly bad atm since i just switched

I smell damage controll...

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
it doesn't matter holden, any of our team could all-kill them with moemo being the only threat, but we have more zergs to get better zvz practice in.

most telling is that team NA doesn't even need me to actually play.

fanboi

Banned
Pandaman said:
it doesn't matter holden, any of our team could all-kill them with moemo being the only threat, but we have more zergs to get better zvz practice in.

Not without 100% knowledge.... but I belive Greyjoy or Sykra is the best... ? Who isn't in this thread even...

But what do I know...

V_Arnold

Do not worry guys.

1) With the free SCII, I can play with you on Xel'naga/Shattered. Will do the account soon.
2) If I have the money, around october I might buy an NA account also. Not if they announce an early dec date for D3 obviously, but if they announce a 2012.01.12 date, then I'll bite.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
fanboi said:
Not without 100% knowledge.... but I belive Greyjoy or Sykra is the best... ? Which isn't in this thread even...

But what do I know...
sykra's a plat, greyjoy is either a plat, a midrange masters or you've just failed to mention a top 500 eu toss this entire time. inwhich case, lol zvp. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

fanboi

Banned
Pandaman said:
sykra's a plat, greyjoy is either a plat, a midrange masters or you've just failed to mention a top 500 eu toss this entire time. inwhich case, lol zvp. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Top 500 toss? ^^

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Awesome Animals said:
I'm glad I'm not even included. Fair play and all. We don't need me team killing EU. :p
you and pankaks are my head coaches while i crunch numbers and macro manage and stuff.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
No All Kill format please. Set the matches prior for each player then have an ace match if needed :D

So then all selected people play.

ultron87

Corran Horn said:
No All Kill format please. Set the matches prior for each player then have an ace match if needed :D

So then all selected people play.

I like this. We should have representatives play from all skill levels of the regions.

I will proudly be the U.S Team's representative from the "Teetering on the edge between diamond and platinum that hasn't played in 2 weeks" section of the community.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Turns on white-ra's stream.

*Sees a mothership, carriers, and colossus battling Broodlords/etc and sees the mothership get neuraled*

ginasmile2.gif

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Corran Horn said:
Turns on white-ra's stream.

*Sees a mothership, carriers, and colossus battling Broodlords/etc and sees the mothership get neuraled*
mothership
Sight range 14
vortex range 9
vortex radius 2.5
249bd.jpg

Tacitus_

Just did 2v2 placements with a friend of mine who has been bugging me to play with him. The amount of cheese is surreal.

4-1 in the placements and in diamond. Won the first match after placement after holding off an early pool w/ zealot spam (of course).
damn I'm rusty

Jeff-DSA

Tacitus_ said:
Just did 2v2 placements with a friend of mine who has been bugging me to play with him. The amount of cheese is surreal.

4-1 in the placements and in diamond. Won the first match after placement after holding off an early pool w/ zealot spam (of course).
damn I'm rusty

You pretty much have to common wall on the big ramps or each do a good job of walling your bases on the normal ramps. Early rushes are standard in 2v2. You can either turtle and counter or you can try to make your rush hit first. Games that go to macro games are dang fun in 2v2 though.

Proc

I just did my random 2v2 placement. My partner decides to do a proxy base with cybe core, forge, and gateway.....he loses it with no units produced...

Then he proceeds to build a stargate and flight beacon and contribute 2 void rays to the game. At that time I had a bout 130 food. Fucking random ladder 2v2 :( I just like getting some map practice before my buddy gets online but fuck is this brutal.

Apparently some people are still learning how to use their unit producing structures.

Tacitus_

Jeff-DSA said:
You pretty much have to common wall on the big ramps or each do a good job of walling your bases on the normal ramps. Early rushes are standard in 2v2. You can either turtle and counter or you can try to make your rush hit first. Games that go to macro games are dang fun in 2v2 though.

My partner's Zerg :|

I'm pretty much going for 2rax and trying not to die into early pressure and then going into marine/tank with him going into ling/muta.

Jeff-DSA

Tacitus_ said:
My partner's Zerg :|

I'm pretty much going for 2rax and trying not to die into early pressure and then going into marine/tank with him going into ling/muta.

Be happy about having a Zerg partner. They're probably the best race for 2v2s if you don't die from the first push. You usually are the ones putting the others on their back foot early unless there's another Zerg or two on the other side.

Tacitus_

Jeff-DSA said:
Be happy about having a Zerg partner. They're probably the best race for 2v2s if you don't die from the first push. You usually are the ones putting the others on their back foot early unless there's another Zerg or two on the other side.

Yeah, that's what I've heard. Will have to conquer the "not dying in the start" first. He likes to do economical openings so we've gotten caught our pants down most of the games.

jasonng

lOAXv.png

Another week, another Gaf Night! This week's theme? Well since we're all having an identity crisis with a lot of us switching races, why not we try an all off-race night? May not be a good idea since we'll probably end up with a lot of ZvZ. We'll see. So grab some grub, chill those beers and pop one later night because it's gaf night (with Awesome Animals returning us once again!) and there's nothing better to do tonight because Project Runway is tomorrow night
(wait, what?)
. Everyone is welcomed!* Also, have you guys seen Keikaku's terran shirt design yet?
The Weekly NeoGAF Starcraft II Nights
-Wednesdays starting @ 6pm PDT (9pm EST)
-Game types:
<1v1>
<1v1 obs>
<1v1 coaching>
<2v2>
<3v3>
<4v4>
<FFA>
<Custom Maps>
<Nuclear Arcade>
<Megaton Team Monobattles>
<MorroW's Micro Tournament>