• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tntnnbltn

Awesome Animals said:
I will be there
fashionably late
and will be nursing a six pack
six-packs.jpg

AAnimals? Is that you?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
AdventureRacing said:
Whats with all the SEA hate? We have striek and holycheck, we would own this shit.
We're on GAF. It's not hard to "own shit" if you have five thousand people to choose from, unlike EU which has how many? 2? Maybe 3? Truly some great odds there!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
i'm drunk, forget everything I say today. I'm just gonna keep on watching random scii streams

Tntnnbltn

Yoshichan said:
We're on GAF. It's not hard to "own shit" if you have five thousand people to choose from, unlike EU which has how many? 2? Maybe 3? Truly some great odds there!
Seriously, what?

SEA userbase: 22,003 players
EU userbase: 194,275 players

Yoshichan

Tntnnbltn said:
Seriously, what?

SEA userbase: 22,003 players
EU userbase: 194,275 players
gaf

Yoshichan said:

Again what? Gaf has barely any SEA players and even less good ones. I was only joking that's why i listed a bronze player when pretty much everyone else being discussed is diamond/masters.

I doubt we could even field a team of 7 for SEA GAF
not that we would need to ;)

Yoshichan

this only shows that i don't know what i'm talking about (again)

i thought we were talking about NA

bleeeeh

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
AdventureRacing said:
Again what? Gaf has barely any SEA players and even less good ones. I was only joking that's why i listed a bronze player when pretty much everyone else being discussed is diamond/masters.

I doubt we could even field a team of 7 for SEA GAF
not that we would need to ;)

FYI we could easily field a team of 7 SEA Gaffers, they just wouldnt be very good

off the top of my head, striek, yourself, me, aon, hamchan, paz, vook, remz, vook, evlcookie, even pie and bbyybb when they're not watching i'm sure would be happy to wave the flag.

sure the majority would be bronze to silver.. but hey, 6pool time.

HolyCheck said:
FYI we could easily field a team of 7 SEA Gaffers, they just wouldnt be very good

off the top of my head, striek, yourself, me, aon, hamchan, paz, vook, remz, vook, evlcookie, even pie and bbyybb when they're not watching i'm sure would be happy to wave the flag.

sure the majority would be bronze to silver.. but hey, 6pool time.

Awesome. Also 6 pool? Drone rush is the new thing :p.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
AdventureRacing said:
Awesome. Also 6 pool? Drone rush is the new thing :p.

damn, havent had the net for 2 months.. still paying for GSL because I'm a fan when I can't even watch it ;_;

so behind on the metagame.

zoukka

Hmm I had my probe cliffjump in one game too some days ago. I think it was abyssal caverns and there was no buildings close to it.

jersoc

on such a horrible losing streak lately :|

won like 1 game against someone who built like shit for units and the rest I just got destroyed on. 1-5 fucking hell.

zoukka

jersoc said:
on such a horrible losing streak lately :|

won like 1 game against someone who built like shit for units and the rest I just got destroyed on. 1-5 fucking hell.

I almost dropped from Diamond when I first started playing random on ladder >_>

jersoc

zoukka said:
I almost dropped from Diamond when I first started playing random on ladder >_>

well i'm silver. so I don't really worry too much lol. I know where I went everyone game. I suck so bad at macro. I can't grasp how to spend fast enough. Maybe i'm playing too ret drone greedy style, I don't know. I try to make a macro hatch before taking a 3rd, but usually it's GG by then :|

and at my level scouting is almost useless because people just do crazy shit. so i basically just roach/infestor against T and P. I haven't played against a zerg in forever.

zoukka

jersoc said:
well i'm silver. so I don't really worry too much lol. I know where I went everyone game. I suck so bad at macro. I can't grasp how to spend fast enough. Maybe i'm playing too ret drone greedy style, I don't know. I try to make a macro hatch before taking a 3rd, but usually it's GG by then :|

and at my level scouting is almost useless because people just do crazy shit. so i basically just roach/infestor against T and P. I haven't played against a zerg in forever.

Any games I lose, it's probably because I'm lazy to scout. I just drone and expand like crazy and keep losing to 2 base all-ins. So I think the two most important things you can practice is injecting and scouting. Those will get you a long way in your league.

Hello Starcraft GAF,

I've tried to get back into the swing of things, but my graphics card was holding me back. Apparently it would overheat and shut down the computer. This did not happen a year ago when I completed half the campaign and stopped somewhere in silver league. So I was stuck to watching my favorite commentator, Psystarcraft, instead. Then I hit on the bright idea this morning to look at the technical forums on b.net. Rolled back my drivers like they suggested, stupid Nvidia, and put a lock on my framerate in the variables text file. And presto chango I can now play again. Did a placement match this morning. Still in silver, but looking to go up. Might also change from zerg to toss. I'll try each out. Just saying hello. Is there a place where I can look up toss build timings?

I'll look into joining in on GAF night. Usually I play Team Fortress 2, and they update the item server that night. But I think I can pass on getting a new hat to relearn the ropes. Plus Borgnine and Yeef deserve a break in their constant killing of my sentry nests. Also, HD recommended these guys on his lastest stream: LAG TV: When Cheese Fails Watched some of their videos which are pretty funny. Especially like their Canadian accents with about and out and anything with an ou in it. Fair warning some cussing involved.

Probably won't make it for the next 2 weeks though. Away from home next Wednesday. Then Wednesday after that I have the GRE test.

Zen

Banned
LiquidJinro:

[2011/08/10][06:09:48] Back to where I was 1 year ago. Dont feel bad tho Reminds me of a line from Fight Club: "You must lose everything in order to gain anything"

Seems like he has a good attitude about it.

-----------------------

FYI is anyone with Nvidia cards having a problem with the altest driver updates? Basicaly It crashes SC2 every other game now and I had to rollback my drivers. The underside to that it that the old drivers play some of my other games like ass.

Speaking of which, has Blizzard said anything about putting in support for SLI?

Yoshichan

Blizzard SCII MMR
Shitty since 1974

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Yoshichan said:
Blizzard SCII MMR
Shitty since 1974
i dont wanna sully my queen portrait by getting it in diamond. ;_;

thats almost as embarrassing as being grandmasters
in SEA

Yoshichan

ooh queen portrait, what's the requirement for that?
Awesome Animals said:
What league are you in now?
Diamond, which is weird because if someone in here should be in masters, it' panda.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
250 league 1v1 wins with zerg.

its not that impressive, but i pretty much didn't ladder through season 2. >_>

i also get 10 achievablement points! yay!

Dr. Pangloss said:
Hello Starcraft GAF,

I've tried to get back into the swing of things, but my graphics card was holding me back. Apparently it would overheat and shut down the computer. This did not happen a year ago when I completed half the campaign and stopped somewhere in silver league. So I was stuck to watching my favorite commentator, Psystarcraft, instead. Then I hit on the bright idea this morning to look at the technical forums on b.net. Rolled back my drivers like they suggested, stupid Nvidia, and put a lock on my framerate in the variables text file. And presto chango I can now play again. Did a placement match this morning. Still in silver, but looking to go up. Might also change from zerg to toss. I'll try each out. Just saying hello. Is there a place where I can look up toss build timings?

I had the exact same problem with my card and the framerate glitch. Thought I was going to have to spend a shit ton of money until I fixed the problem.

I've given up basically, seems like I'm stuck in plat this time. I think I got here because my placement match was a ZvZ cheese fest. I won and despite being diamond for two seasons, they put my ass in plat. I dominated for the first few weeks and am still in the top 10, but I'm losing lots of stupid games.

It's to the point where I'll lose my first two games, then barely win one and log out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom