• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
PhoenixDark said:
So which, if any, foreigners do you guys think will win tonight? I think Naniwa can definitely beat Check. ThorZain has a chance too. So many zerg matches, hell Jinro might even win.
Jinro and Naniwa most likely imo, Thorzain next and then Sase. Hope at least one makes it to Up/downs.

zlatko

Banned
pieatorium said:
Jinro and Naniwa most likely imo, Thorzain next and then Sase. Hope at least one makes it to Up/downs.

JINRO GET OUT! We need to put a R.I.P on this bum. His ship has come and gone long ago.

zlatko said:
JINRO GET OUT! We need to put a R.I.P on this bum. His ship has come and gone long ago.
He wasn't that terrible last code A, he has enough skill to get back up there he just needs to learn a new way to apply it.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Deadman said:
  • ghosts are overpowered
  • all protoss players are retarded
  • zerg late game needs a buff
  • protoss death ball is invincible
  • huk is good but dumb
  • infestors are fine

Idra.
to be fair, a similar list could be made for incontrol.

Jeff-DSA

zlatko said:

Didn't he make like 2-3 final 4 Code S spots in a row? I wonder if he just stopped innovating or something. I remember he was a heavy mech player against Zerg before anybody else. It's too bad he didn't stay ahead of the meta game.

Ultrabum

Hmmm, anyone having trouble watching justin.tv streams in firefox?

I just updated a bunch of shit, flash, windows updates, latest version of firefox, deleted all cookies, and local files. Restarted computer. Nothing.

Day[9] for example works in IE, but in firefox its just a blank box. I also noticed the the URL has additional characters in IE, but if I copy and paste this extended URL into firefox, it just shortens it after I hit enter...

i.e.

http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/Day[9] in Internet explorer

vs.

http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/Day[9]

WTF?

haha, ok I've edited this post like 5 times. If anyone else is having this problem, just uninstall flash, and reinstall an archived version.

The Mod in Day[9]'s chat recomended version 10.3.181.14. And this is working for me.

Deadman said:
djwheat not going to mlg raleigh, he just said on itg.
That was obvious for a while now since it was taking place the same weekend as PAX Prime.

I guess JP will be on caster duty that weekend.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Keikaku said:
Replace "alter" with "not look at all and make a vastly superior design" for the true version of events :p
Cant change perfection
teamgafbronze3.jpg

Keikaku

Jeff-DSA said:
I'm literally wearing a shirt that orange right now.
That's why you'll be forever Gold, Jeff!
<3

jasonng said:
But it's no sc2gaf shirt. Your point is moot.
You loved the design, mofo, don't lie! You even said on Mumble that it was a good SC2 GAF shirt >.>

Keikaku

Jason, I have wronged you this day.

Corran Horn said:
He also loves my little pony. His opinion is not valid.
It's no worse than being a 49ers fan. At least MLP has a recent record of consistency and success.
I say this as a 49ers fan

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
After the pic jasonng showed us, I shall not say anything against him.

Corran Horn

Keikaku said:
It's no worse than being a 49ers fan. At least MLP has a recent record of consistency and success.
I say this as a 49ers fan
I would pick Alex Smith over MLP. You know what that means.

Keikaku

Corran Horn said:
I would pick Alex Smith over MLP. You know what that means.

Yes. Your common sense, decency and compassion towards your fellow man have all been buried beneath a layer of despair so deep that you have no choice but to become a Raiders fan. Perhaps Jamarcus Russell can show you what true hell looks like.

Corran Horn

Keikaku said:
Yes. Your common sense, decency and compassion towards your fellow man have all been buried beneath a layer of despair so deep that you have no choice but to become a Raiders fan. Perhaps Jamarcus Russell can show you what true hell looks like.
Purple-Drank.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Long time no see bro, where you been?

Yoshichan

Jeff-DSA said:
A page or two back...

But yeah, we need more Protoss voices more often around here.
Wow, just saw his post hahaha. God daaaaaaaamn, and I thought I was the most dedicated race-lover in here.

fanboi

Banned
jasonng said:
Q0qGkl.jpg

Come at me, bros.

Edit: Also, Laughing Out Loud at fanboi for taking the NA v EU conversation to Off Topic.

Someone had to do it!

Panda:
Lets discuss how we can advance with our over the pond battles! Charter an airplane and rent a mansion in italy maybe... ?

cdyhybrid

I think the GSL is settling the debate pretty clearly. GSL SPOILERS AHEAD!
Both the NA guys (Idra, Huk) who were in the GSL were in Code S, all the Euros are going to Code B :p

I still haven't finished MLP. I'll need to do that.

And tonight is GAF night, and I can finally log on again! I'm moved in, the gf is gone (although I had her watching Day[9] with me a bit last night ^_^) and I have a six pack on ice. Party Rock is in the house tonight. Everybody's gonna have a good time.

Liquid Hero

Nice grab

This however,
HerO joining Liquid is so much more than just picking up an emerging talent, or globalization for its own sake. At the heart of every Liquid recruitment is my search for people I can believe in. I chose HerO because he was the one Korean out of many who truly matched the Liquid ideal. As much as I appreciate the deals between Complexity - MVP and SK-Gaming - oGs for being very beneficial to both the players and teams involved, they just don't match my personal philosophy for Liquid. I want all my players to really feel like they are a part of something bigger, to be people who will proudly carry the responsibility of upholding the Liquid name.

Sounds pretentious as fuck

TheThunder said:
Liquid Hero

Nice grab

This however,
HerO joining Liquid is so much more than just picking up an emerging talent, or globalization for its own sake. At the heart of every Liquid recruitment is my search for people I can believe in. I chose HerO because he was the one Korean out of many who truly matched the Liquid ideal. As much as I appreciate the deals between Complexity - MVP and SK-Gaming - oGs for being very beneficial to both the players and teams involved, they just don't match my personal philosophy for Liquid. I want all my players to really feel like they are a part of something bigger, to be people who will proudly carry the responsibility of upholding the Liquid name.

Sounds pretentious as fuck

I feel like HuK and maybe Ret and Sheth are the only ones who fill that right now. Although I guess they have plenty of fan favorites.

hamchan

To be honest, when I was first told to consider joining Liquid, the first thing that came to mind was that I would feel so sorry to Manager Park Sang Ik (oGs.TheWind) and Coach Kim Sung Gon (oGs.Gon). But both of them told me that this would be a great opportunity, and that even though it would be a loss from the team's perspective, it could be a turning point in my life. Because they thought about it from my point of view and respected my feelings about it, I was able to decide with a lighter heart.

The people running oGs are awesome.

AtomHeart

Neo Member
Every time I play this game it feels like I play worse and worse. I'm still doing my placement matches and my first one when using protoss was a disaster so I thought I'd try zerg, turns out that was a bad idea. I ended up with 5000 minerals stocked up, barely no gas and hardly any units, got destroyed. The entire match I was just doing appalling.

Figured I'd go back to protoss, kept up with the guys economy yet I had less than half of his units and he had colossus before I could even pump out anything good. Lost 10 minutes in.

Looks like I'm heading to the bronze league baby!

Edit: Nevermind, just had a couple more games and placed in the silver league! Better than I was expecting! Had a good game against a terran, managed to destroy each other bases but I won in the end. :D

fanboi

Banned
So... we need to do a cross region battle... reawaken the discussion we had earlier Panda.

EDIT: Actually, we would do is as a team game aswell BO7 or something, with team captains that choose the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom