• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mairu

ShallNoiseUpon said:
This isn't really laughable considering ZvT is his worst matchup and MMA beat him in Ro32. Not to downplay his achievements so far at all, but he played only one ZvT in his undefeated season in GSL July and that was against probably the worst player still in Code S who only survived due to Rain withdrawing from GSL (oGsEnsnare)

Mairu said:
This isn't really laughable considering ZvT is his worst matchup and MMA beat him in Ro32. Not to downplay his achievements so far at all, but he played only one ZvT in his undefeated season in GSL July and that was against probably the worst player still in Code S who only survived due to Rain withdrawing from GSL (oGsEnsnare)

The last time he played a full set against a Terran (that according to you isn't "the worst player still in Code S") was the beginning of June against Top in the Super Tournament. Nestea is the kind of guy who will keep technology hidden until he needs it and will pick apart every facet of someone's play if he has the opportunity.

Zzoram

MLG Dallas + Columbus + Anaheim

1 NaNiwa
2 MMA
3 IdrA
4 SLush
5 KiWiKaKi
6 Ret
7 SeleCT
8 Mvp
8 Sjow
10 HuK
10 iNcontroL
12 HayprO
13 LosirA
14 TLO
15 Socke
16 MC
16 BoxeR
18 Sheth
19 mOoNan
20 GanZi
21 DongRaeGu
22 Rain
22 Machine
24 Drewbie
25 Tyler

Ridiculous that iNcontroL manages to retain 10th place just because he shows up and keeps getting points despite going 0-5 in his group.

MMA is guaranteed a seed into the $100,000 prize pool MLG Providence Top 16 in November. MVP is probably safe too, with only Raleigh and Orlando left for 8 people to surpass him in points, and that's assuming he doesn't show up for Orlando.

Deadman

Zzoram said:

Ridiculous that iNcontroL manages to retain 10th place just because he shows up and keeps getting points despite going 0-5 in his group.

Hes gonna go 0-5 this time too and i dont think it will knock him out of the top 16 lol. They really need their system changed.

Deadly

Zzoram said:
I wonder if MMA and MVP will have enough MLG points to get seeded into MLG Providence for the $100,000 prize pool tournament.
Considering DRG has been seeded and he placed 5th, MMA should probably be seeded. Not sure about MVP though

Mairu

Incontrol is probably going to be one of the 16 ranked players at Providence unless all the Koreans who rank through the league exchange come back. But at least he probably won't be pooled for next year!

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Deadman said:
Hes gonna go 0-5 this time too and i dont think it will knock him out of the top 16 lol. They really need their system changed.
I believe Sundance said they will be changing the system after the season is over.

Deadman said:

Which, at least according to Sundance, it will be. It would be stupid and unfair to change it mid-season.

Zzoram

Deadly said:
Considering DRG has been seeded and he placed 5th, MMA should probably be seeded. Not sure about MVP though

I'm talking about Providence. All the MLGs before it are just entry tournaments for the real big MLG Providence event.

DRG doesn't have enough points to be seeded into Providence yet, he needs to place highly at Raleigh to have a seed.

Zzoram

The 6 Koreans in Pool play and 2 in Open Bracket aren't all of them.

LiquidHero is apparently going to Open Bracket, and other Koreans might end up in Open Bracket as well.

syllogism

Zzoram said:

1 NaNiwa
2 MMA
3 IdrA
4 SLush
5 KiWiKaKi
6 Ret
7 SeleCT
8 Mvp
8 Sjow
10 HuK
10 iNcontroL
12 HayprO
13 LosirA
14 TLO
15 Socke
16 MC
16 BoxeR
18 Sheth
19 mOoNan
20 GanZi
21 DongRaeGu
22 Rain
22 Machine
24 Drewbie
25 Tyler

MMA is guaranteed a seed into the $100,000 prize pool MLG Providence Top 16 in November. MVP is probably safe too, with only Raleigh and Orlando left for 8 people to surpass him in points, and that's assuming he doesn't show up for Orlando.
Incontrol has gone 0-5 only once, so you are just a tad biased here. SelecT for instance went 1-4 and 0-5 in his last two appearances and is ranked higher

Mairu

We know at the very least LiquidHero, FXOTheBest, and FXOChoya will be heading to MLG Raleigh. We'll see who else ends up going when they announce the open bracket players.

Zzoram

Corran Horn said:
Surprised MC isnt going since him and Nada have that deal with SK gaming for traveling.

Especially since MC got knocked out of Code S already.

He's apparently just training hard because he feels he travelled too much and it put him behind in training.

Corran Horn said:
Surprised MC isnt going since him and Nada have that deal with SK gaming for traveling.

MLG covers expenses for the exchange program players. According to MLGLee, Nada will be flying oGs colors. At least that is how I understand it.

Zen

Banned
Zzoram said:

To be fair, even Incontrol agrees with you and wants the system changed.

Zzoram

ShallNoiseUpon said:
MLG covers expenses for the exchange program players. According to MLGLee, Nada will be flying oGs colors. At least that is how I understand it.

Ya, the 4 MLG invites always get expenses paid by MLG. Everyone else has to get sponsor money or pay out of pocket.

Corran Horn

ShallNoiseUpon said:
Im talking about MC though, he would qualify for pool so SK could send him without the need of MLG.

But it didnt really matter before as MC used his own money to go to some of the events prior (besides the mlg invite).

syllogism

A lot of code S koreans participating this time, so there's a better chance for a foreigner to get the seed, the main obstacle being DRG and perhaps some of the open bracket players.

Birdman02

Mairu said:
We know at the very least LiquidHero, FXOTheBest, and FXOChoya will be heading to MLG Raleigh. We'll see who else ends up going when they announce the open bracket players.

I'm pretty sure I've heard SirScoots say that Puma will be there too.

Corran Horn

Zzoram said:
It would be hilarious if the Top 10 were all Korean. Hilarious and embarassing.
At least the games will be interesting then and not just one sided :)

Unless its all tvtvtvtvt....

Zzoram

Corran Horn said:
At least the games will be interesting then and not just one sided :)

Unless its all tvtvtvtvt....

There are many more Z and P Koreans coming this time so it shouldn't be all TvT.

Despite that, TvT is still the best mirror.

Corran Horn

Zzoram said:
There are many more Z and P Koreans coming this time so it shouldn't be all TvT.

Despite that, TvT is still the best mirror.
Without question its the best mirror. Just can run dry when its alot of it back to back.

One can hope this helps mixes it up. I kinda hoped they would have invited a Code A protoss (lol) for code s status. But this gives DRG another good chance to get into Code S

MrKnives

Corran Horn said:
you leech!
Surprised people bookmark my gifs lol

:p

Also MVP beating Nestea is a good bet actually. MVP is solid in TvZ and Nestea is struggling. So if someone can beat Nestea, it will be MVP

BigAT

Does anyone happen to know if MLG Providence will have an open bracket like normal or is it just going to be the championship based on seeding? I was thinking of going and competing in it.

Deadman

So im waiting for weapon of choice to come on and it suggests i watch combatex's stream. When i click on it hes doing a 1 base 5 gate all in except when all his gates are finished he realises he never started warpgate research :lol

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Deadman said:
So im waiting for weapon of choice to come on and it suggests i watch combatex's stream. When i click on it hes doing a 1 base 5 gate all in except when all his gates are finished he realises he never started warpgate research :lol
combatex's stream is the best.

its a shame the chat always asks him to cheese because he's pretty damn good.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=253750

Korean Teams Withdraw from NASL

After many hours spent working with our sponsors and writing proposals, it is with our great displeasure to announce that Koreans from oGs, Startale, WeMadeFox, TSL, and Prime will not participate in the NASL.

At the very beginning of the first season, all players and team managers were sent a rule set and contract that outlined exactly how the league would work and what the NASL would provide to its players. The NASL agreed to provide a $500 travel stipend to each player who advanced to the Grand Finals, in addition to shuttle service to and from the airport and venue. This contract was signed by all players and team managers.

We made the offer to all teams and players that we could handle hotel booking and travel (to and from the airport) for the Grand Finals and subtract those prices from player travel stipends. Almost every player took us up on this offer. The week before the Grand Finals, Koreans expressed difficulty paying for their travel, and asked us to buy their plane tickets. We solved this problem by offering to buy their tickets and subtract the cost from prize winnings and whatever was left of the stipend.

In preparation for Season 2, it was made known to us by Mr.Chae of the GSL that the Korean teams threatened to withdraw from the NASL unless several demands were made: 1) pay for 100% of travel and accommodation cost for the Grand Finals and 2) remove the security deposit. The concerns of the Korean teams, as expressed to us by Mr.Chae were that it is difficult for Koreans to travel to the USA given their generally lower level of sponsorship, and secondly that they don’t think Koreans should have to pay to enter the event [despite the fact that we refund all security deposits, making the league free to play barring any penalties].

In an effort to try to ease the difficulty of travel, we managed to double our travel budget to $1,000 per player in addition to the minimum prize of $500. Unfortunately, we were notified August 9th (our 2nd day of filming) that this offer was unacceptable, and that Koreans were withdrawing from the league.

We presented a final offer, one which redistributed our prize pool to guarantee each player $2,000 (a $1,000 minimum prize in addition to the $1,000 travel stipend). We feel that, for a 1/16 chance at winning up to $40,000, $2,000 is more than fair accommodation expense to get players to come. Despite our best efforts, the Korean teams still have declined participation.

We are disappointed that the Korean Committee waited until the final hour, not only to make these demands but also to notify us of their withdrawal. We would like to apologize to our fans who wanted to see these players participate in the NASL and to the Korean players who hoped to participate. While we do respect the Committee’s decision, we wish it had been made in a more timely manner that did not interrupt the start of our season.

While this does mean that NASL Season 2 will be slightly delayed, we remain steadfast in our commitment to eSports – we will broadcast high quality games every day and bring you some of the very best play the world has to offer.

-- North American Star League

On a more light hearted note:

tAi5D.jpg

Google vs Zynga AHGL.

Ahahahahhahahahaha.

Keikaku

ezrarh said:
Sucks for NASL. I believe Puma, Rain, and maybe the FXO guys might still be in it?

Puma, Rain, Hero and possibly sC are still in.

If it went down like NASL is telling it, it's a shady move by the Korean team association. If they were clear on the rules prior to the start of filming, withdrawing once the games are underway is not cool.

Mairu

We presented a final offer, one which redistributed our prize pool to guarantee each player $2,000 (a $1,000 minimum prize in addition to the $1,000 travel stipend). We feel that, for a 1/16 chance at winning up to $40,000, $2,000 is more than fair accommodation expense to get players to come. Despite our best efforts, the Korean teams still have declined participation.
2000 per player wasn't enough? What the hell Koreans! As much as I dislike the NASL, it seems like they were being more than accommodating.

NASL is just going to be another mildly ignored NA/EU league just like IPL is except with even worse production value.

Mairu said:
2000 per player wasn't enough? What the hell Koreans! As much as I dislike the NASL, it seems like they were being more than accommodating.

NASL is just going to be another mildly ignored NA/EU league just like IPL is except with even worse production value.

Yeh, I didn't read into it too deeply but it sounded like NASL were being extremely flexible and fair.

Mairu

Chinese Electric Batman said:
Yeh, I didn't read into it too deeply but it sounded like NASL were being extremely flexible and fair.
Seriously, this is coming off pretty lame out of the Korean scene, especially considering Chae (of GSL/GOMTV) seems to be representing the Korean teams to NASL? Why did they put them through the qualifiers, the open tournament, have them confirm their involvement in S2 only to then pull out at the last second?

ezrarh

From the announcement, NASL seems to be quite accommodating to the Koreans. Maybe MrChae sees the NASL as direct competition to the GSL, taking away paid subscribers. That would make withdrawing the Koreans make sense since it lowers to value of NASL.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I hate my life sometimes.

Birdman02

Won said:
Makes me wonder what exactly MLG pays the Koreans.

MLG pays there entire travel, right? Or at least the plane tickets? I could be a wrong, but I think a round trip from Korea is at least $4-5K.

Mairu

ezrarh said:
From the announcement, NASL seems to be quite accommodating to the Koreans. Maybe MrChae sees the NASL as direct competition to the GSL, taking away paid subscribers. That would make withdrawing the Koreans make sense since it lowers to value of NASL.
Well, I can understand that the Korean teams can't really afford to send their own players across to participate as the Korean sponsorships are actually much worse than EU/NA teams are getting considering what has been reported. BUT, that doesn't excuse allowing them all to participate in the qualifiers, the open tournaments, and then confirm their spot in the league only to then pull out at the last minute citing costs. BoxeR withdrew from NASL S1, for who knows whatever reasons, but he withdrew before it actually would screw over the league and gave them ample time to make room.
Birdman02 said:
MLG pays there entire travel, right? Or at least the plane tickets? I could be a wrong, but I think a round trip from Korea is at least $4-5K.
MLG pays for the travel costs for Koreans coming to USA, GOM pays for the travel costs for the foreigners going to Korea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom