• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried toss tonight and it went horribly. Loss 5 games straight. Switch back to zerg and picked up two wins. I really like to nydus mains. I guess I should stick to what I know.

cdyhybrid

Dr. Pangloss said:
I tried toss tonight and it went horribly. Loss 5 games straight. Switch back to zerg and picked up two wins. I really like to nydus mains. I guess I should stick to what I know.

What? You gotta catch at least one person if you 4Gate five times in a row :p

Edit: Can anyone help me find a build order for the typical Marine/Tank timing attack vs. Zerg?

cdyhybrid said:

Edit: Can anyone help me find a build order for the typical Marine/Tank timing attack vs. Zerg?
Well I just came back after a year and fixing my graphics issues. And I'm not that familiar with toss. I guess you can blame Psystarcraft since I've been watching him from release. Also, I don't think I was aggressive enough as toss.

nitric0

cdyhybrid said:

3 Tank Marine Hellion Push
10 Supply Depot
12 Barrax
13 Gas
15 Marine
15 Orbital
16 Supply Depot
16 Marine
17 Gas
17 Factory
17 SCV
18 Marine
19 SCV
20 Factory
20 SCV
21 Marine
22 scv
23 Hellion
25 Supply depot
25 Hellion
27 Tech Lab on 2nd Factory
27 SCV
28 Marine
29 Supply Depot
29 SCV
30 Tech Lab on 1st Factory
30 Tank
33 SCV
34 Tank
37 Marine
38 Supply Depot
38 Tank
41 SCV
42 Marine
42 Siege Tech
Hellion
Hellion
Command Center

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
-

Here is the reason why Korean players will not join the NASL. First NASL require deposit(250bucks) to join the tournament.

-

They told that they will pay back it but still players who join the tournament didn't get it. NASL also require more deposit($500) in the next season

-

There were some amateur tournament in Korea before the e-sport grew big. But they didn't require any deposit. However NASL is contest that pro players joining but they can't understand how they could do that

-

Second there were no care about Korean players who join the NASL. Korean top player like Boxer, moon, mc, Nada but they should overcome the parallax and they had terrible condiction to play game and schedule was changed and it made things worse.

-

Also player disapointed NASL compare the TSL3 and their some lacks that made hard to play on the online

-

The Grand Finall was even worse. Players had to pay all of the bill for transportation, lodging, and meal. NASL gave $500 to each player who join the Grand Final but it just half of tickets and lodging. Some players can slove it to deduction in their prize. Then they can get the ticket and lodging

-

Also we checked NASL get $80 for pickup fees to drive LA airport through the convention center.

-

Even they get huge benifits to their online bordcasting but they didn't treated well who play in the NASL.

-

So Korean teams and player require to NASL to remove the deposit and solve the problem about airplane tickets and lodging but they didn't accecpted it

-

They told us they will give $1000 who join the Grand Final but it's not enough to get ticket and they finally said they will give $2000 but they also they remove $1000 into the prize.
[/QUOTE]

Some translations. I dont blame them for leaving NASL but it was still a shitty time.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=253928

MrKnives

Lets reveal the real mastermind behind this.

221388-catz_original.jpg

V_Arnold

mescalineeyes said:
10-0 on ladder in gold as Terran so far. Very happy with my progress.

P.S.: knives, been following your TvZ advice. Won me both. :)

Gold Terran? Welcome in the group!
I picked up heavy mech style in every matchup, It gave me a lot of improvements in TVZ, but is kind of a dicey move in TVP.

V_Arnold said:
Gold Terran? Welcome in the group!
I picked up heavy mech style in every matchup, It gave me a lot of improvements in TVZ, but is kind of a dicey move in TVP.
I am pretty much doing whatever the slayers guys are doing except for TvZ. I am too clumsy for Helliions, still.
So yes, heavy mech in TvT all the way :)

And yeah, I think I'll be platinum before today ends.

Edit: I'll be in the gaf channel on EU, my id is roughhands.

V_Arnold

In TVT, once a guy dropped his whole army into my main.
Destroyed EVERYTHING.

Then I killed him.
Why? Because I had 8+ sieges and 7-10 vikings, and floating buildings.
What you gonna do about it?

Yeah, ANY terran who does not go mech against me would better hope to perfect his all-in because otherwise, he gets destroyed :p
obviously, not applicable to diamond+ level players, yet!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
so basically koreans don't understand that the deposit is there to enforce them into playing their games instead of dodging?

Mairu

I don't really care if the Koreans didn't like the rules of NASL or not but the rules were there in Season 1. If they wanted to negotiate different terms they should have done so before entering the qualifiers, not right before the league was supposed to start season 2.

At this point I don't even give a shit about the NA scene anymore. A bunch of loud mouths with no real results to back it up.

However, if I did, if be glad they have a league of their own so I could see more of them... And Incontrol lose and lose hard. A lot.

As it stands, I'll just ignore the NASL. God only knows how terrible season 2 is going to be. Gtetorp, amirite?

zoukka

Mescaline did you change your name or bought a second EU SCII or what? I'm confused.

Also I think that if I'm still going to play this game, I need to learn some build orders... I play so little, that they could help tremendously.

Let's post our favourite BO's here for each race! I'll start:

15 hatch/14 pool against all races.

-fast warren if I scout toss fe for some pressure.
-fast warren if I scout only a few marines against Terran.
-I usually don't all-in (maybe I should?) with the roaches, but drone behind them.

-against Z I should just pump lings and put down a banelings nest, but I'm a stubborn fuck and try to play with defensive roaches. I usually lose to mass lings.

>_>

Mairu

mescalineeyes said:
At this point I don't even give a shit about the NA scene anymore. A bunch of loud mouths with no real results to back it up.

However, if I did, if be glad they have a league of their own so I could see more of them... And Incontrol lose and lose hard. A lot.

As it stands, I'll just ignore the NASL. God only knows how terrible season 2 is going to be. Gtetorp, amirite?
We already have this almost with IPL, even though they've said they plan to eventually add Koreans in future seasons.

I didn't have any intention of watching NASL S2 closely after S1, but what happened to them was very unfortunate. I hope with the time they'll have to take to rebuild their roster they take a hard look at the format of the league and make some changes.

edit: MKP is apparently not going to IEM so he can concentrate on on GSL. I wonder who will take his spot.

Ultrabum

MrKnives said:
For some reason your Terran name always reminds me of

1218038601starshiptroopza6-1-1-1.jpg

Rico is that you?

50415_2225659046_3362_n.jpg

what are you talking about? This movie has nothing to do with starcraft, its not like its space marines fighting against some kind of weird bug people....

BigAT

Ultrabum said:
what are you talking about? This movie has nothing to do with starcraft, its not like its space marines fighting against some kind of weird bug people....
Would you like to know more?

I have no sympathy for the Korean teams. They knew the terms that NASL laid out, and if they wanted to negotiate different ones then they should have. If they couldn't afford it, then they don't go; don't agree to the terms, and then complain and back out. I don't understand why they feel that NASL, MLG, etc should be required to pay for them to play in their tournament.

I think it is generous of NASL and MLG to offer to cover or help with expenses, because they know how much the Korean players enjoy playing to the NA crowds, and they understand how much we enjoy watching the Korean players. Regardless, it shouldn't be an expectation for the organizations to cover expenses.

I think it makes the Korean teams look bad, and it makes me hope the NA/EU scene starts to step their game up in training, and I hope the NA/EU teams begin to inject some Korean players in their teams. I like seeing EGpuma, LiquidHero, FXOChoya, etc.

Q8D3vil

Acullis said:
Is IM a part of SC2Con? I didn't see them mentioned.
yeah one of their players is the president of sc2con but they didn't mentioned because they didn't have any player in the nasl (as far as i know).

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Chinese Electric Batman said:
Ffs

I lose maybe 2 every page of games and it's been like that for weeks now and I haven't got promoted.
:(

whats your account name?
im surprised it promoted me given that im 9-1 over my last 10 games, you'd think it would have waited for me to stabilize.

Pandaman said:
:(

whats your account name?
im surprised it promoted me given that im 9-1 over my last 10 games, you'd think it would have waited for me to stabilize.

maybe your MMR barely missed masters in your season 3 placement match.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
mescalineeyes said:
maybe your MMR barely missed masters in your season 3 placement match.
probably. i had just started laddering again during the lock and i was free in zvz.
edit: promotion puts me at the top of the gaf division. :p

MrKnives

Dr. Pangloss said:
Starship Troopers was written in 1959. Book was better than the movie. Well, maybe except for
szrKT.jpg
I enjoyed the film when I was 12 years old.

Starship troopers is actually surprisingly good, even now. The cgi are great for the time. Damn, they are good even for this time.

Gratz Panda ^^
Don't know about my winratio but I think it's pretty ok. Most of the time I go 3-4 wins for one loss. But then again it's been like that for a while.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
MrKnives said:
Gratz Panda ^^
Don't know about my winratio but I think it's pretty ok. Most of the time I go 3-4 wins for one loss. But then again it's been like that for a while.
yours is 37% actually. >_>

Jeff-DSA

Well, I'm going to have plenty of StarCraft time soon. I have to have surgery on my ankle injury and it's a 5 month recovery. I'll probably wait until after the fall to have it, but it's going to be lots of laddering for me.

Deadman

The north american bnet invitational starts in 9 minutes, day9 and jp casting

Jonathan “KiWiKaKi” Garneau (p)
KyeongHyun “SeleCT” Ryoo (t)
Greg “IdrA” Fields (z)
Dongyeon “DDE” Lee (t)
Chris “HuK” Loranger (p)
Shawn “Sheth” Simon (z)
Payam “TT1” Alasvandi-Toghyan (p)
Chris “ostojiy” Ostojic (z)

Brackets http://us.battle.net/blizzcon/en/tournaments/us-regionals/matches/sc2/

Stream http://us.battle.net/blizzcon/en/tournaments/us-regionals/

Seems you have to log in with your battle.net account, like the latin american one.

Q8D3vil

Deadman said:
The north american bnet invitational starts in 9 minutes, day9 and jp casting

Jonathan “KiWiKaKi” Garneau (p)
KyeongHyun “SeleCT” Ryoo (t)
Greg “IdrA” Fields (z)
Dongyeon “DDE” Lee (t)
Chris “HuK” Loranger (p)
Shawn “Sheth” Simon (z)
Payam “TT1” Alasvandi-Toghyan (p)
Chris “ostojiy” Ostojic (z)

Brackets http://us.battle.net/blizzcon/en/tournaments/us-regionals/matches/sc2/

Stream http://us.battle.net/blizzcon/en/tournaments/us-regionals/

Seems you have to log in with your battle.net account, like the latin american one.
the real question remains, why did they invite ostojiy ? it should've been destiny or even someone like vibe will do.

drewbie vs whitera
drewbie 2-0 so far wtf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom