• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
As more Koreans get sponsored by foreign teams and corporations, I'd expect Koreans to return to NASL; until then they'll be content with flying to MLG and EU tournaments, and playing in TSL4 later.

This is another sign of just how poorly SC2 is doing in Korea. They don't have enough sponsors or tournaments, and are being left behind by the foreign scenes. Blizzard isn't helping either by not fixing the lag issues between regions. The Korean scene would be a lot better off if they could participate in more foreign online tournaments with less lag; and on the flip side, foreigners would benefit from being able to play on the Korean ladder with less lag. Blizzard is dropping the ball here.

Q8D3vil

PhoenixDark said:
As more Koreans get sponsored by foreign teams and corporations, I'd expect Koreans to return to NASL; until then they'll be content with flying to MLG and EU tournaments, and playing in TSL4 later.

This is another sign of just how poorly SC2 is doing in Korea. They don't have enough sponsors or tournaments, and are being left behind by the foreign scenes. Blizzard isn't helping either by not fixing the lag issues between regions. The Korean scene would be a lot better off if they could participate in more foreign online tournaments with less lag; and on the flip side, foreigners would benefit from being able to play on the Korean ladder with less lag. Blizzard is dropping the ball here.
except this time the foreigners will be the one getting the invites.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hmm, just a quick idea I got... wouldn't it be cool if the dedicated GAF SCII Community would add a GAF-league-symbol on their avatar? Terrible chop but something like:

cIUAg.jpg

next to my Yoshi or something?

fanboi

Banned
Yoshichan said:
Hmm, just a quick idea I got... wouldn't it be cool if the dedicated GAF SCII Community would add a GAF-league-symbol on their avatar? Terrible chop but something like:

cIUAg.jpg

next to my Yoshi or something?

God damn youngsters

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
fanboi, we gotta meet up or sumthn' so I cud prove to you that I'ma different! You be mad at me all time bro, you be mad!!!

Hook me up wi' yo address or sumthin' !

fanboi

Banned
Yoshichan said:
fanboi, we gotta meet up or sumthn' so I cud prove to you that I'ma different! You be mad at me all time bro, you be mad!!!

hahaha, you live in stockholm?

Yoshichan

FINE! I be keep bein' confuzzzed who I shud trust and who I shud keep away from here on GAFah! btw not sayin' i trust all yo communy GAFers, just so yo ass be knowin' dat shi
fanboi said:
hahaha, you live in stockholm?
no but damn boyah, i be livin' not that far away from dat capital city!

Yoshichan said:

to catch a predator...

edit: why is yoshi talking like a token ghetto black guy?

what the fuck GOM ?!!

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=254069

There's a post on reddit that suggests that GOMTV has been compromised. I have independently verified that at least some usernames, passwords and email addresses have been compromised.

There appears to be zero security on the passwords as they were stored in plain text (really GOM?). This means if you use your GomTV password anywhere else, you should change it and consider it compromised. To clarify, your GomTV.net username, email address, PayPal real name and your GomTV.net password are likely compromised. Personal information such as your address may be compromised too if it was stored. You should also change your GomTV password to prevent unauthorized account access, although the exploit through which the information was compromised may still exist.

Since payments are processed through PayPal, there is no risk of your financial information being compromised, unless you used your PayPal password when signing up for GomTV (don't do this). Users who logged in via SNS should be safe as Twitter / Facebook authentication is token based, not password based.

If you aren't already, you should really use unique passwords for each website since this happens more often than you think (ever hear someone say they were "hacked"? this is likely how it happens) and not all websites will disclose if they get compromised. Use http://keepass.info/ for password management.

ezrarh

I think I'm just going to have to get a KeePass or something because the amount of sites being compromised lately has been ridiculous.

Awesome Animals said:
Well, fuck. Looks like I know how I'm spending my Friday night. I have like four or five passwords on rotation, am I really going to have to figure out which pass I have for GOM, and then figure out which sites I use have that password, and replace them?
For Firefox (and I think Chrome) you can see which passwords you use for which site

Tools> Options> Security> Saved passwords

Volodja

What a pain.
I don't remember if I've used that particular password for other sites, all the ones I can think about have different ones.
I hope I'm not forgetting anything important.

Mairu

Awesome Animals said:
I'm not the only one who doesn't have an individual password for every site...right?
Considering the amount of security breaches/leaks lately it's pretty fucking stupid. The amount of tools available to randomize or keep track of passwords for internet sites are pretty vast. LastPass, KeePass, 1Password... Any of these make it easy to have a different password for every site.

Mairu said:
Considering the amount of security breaches/leaks lately it's pretty fucking stupid. The amount of tools available to randomize or keep track of passwords for internet sites are pretty vast. LastPass, KeePass, 1Password... Any of these make it easy to have a different password for every site.

I'm not sure about the others, but I use LastPass and it is amazing.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Out of curiosity, would there be any interest in an SC2-GAF IRC channel?

Watching the live reactions from Evo was a ton of fun so I figured we could probably use it for events like MLG or GSL (Or even just a place to shoot the shit I guess).

cdyhybrid

My only two wins as Terran so far have been 1/1/1 vs. Toss who 4Gate and try to expand when I hold it off. My macro is getting better but my micro is suffering while I get that down. I thought I had my SCVs at my bunker on auto-repair but the 4Gate killed the bunker while the SCVs just sat there -.-;; Luckily I had enough stuff to hold it off. Sieged up outside his nat and slow pushed inside while expanding when I had money. Killed the expo and eventually pushed up the ramp. Feels good, man. He even was manner and GGed!

Trickster

this battle.net invitational stream is awful. It'll be very good for a few minutes after i refresh the site. Then all of a sudden it goes to hell, with constant freezing/loading. doesn't matter what bitrate I choose either :|

Mairu

Trickster said:
this battle.net invitational stream is awful. It'll be very good for a few minutes after i refresh the site. Then all of a sudden it goes to hell, with constant freezing/loading. doesn't matter what bitrate I choose either :|
If you select the bitrate immediately after refreshing the stream it'll stay at that bitrate.
Pancakes said:
Out of curiosity, would there be any interest in an SC2-GAF IRC channel?

Watching the live reactions from Evo was a ton of fun so I figured we could probably use it for events like MLG or GSL (Or even just a place to shoot the shit I guess).
There used to be one on quakenet (might even still be there!) but it was pretty inactive most of the time.

Yoshichan

What... happened to Shakuras?

S7I9b.jpg

jasonng

Jeff-DSA said:
Well, I'm going to have plenty of StarCraft time soon. I have to have surgery on my ankle injury and it's a 5 month recovery. I'll probably wait until after the fall to have it, but it's going to be lots of laddering for me.
Hope everything goes swimmingly. We certainly don't mind keeping you company.

Vaporak

So, does anyone know what's going on with Sase? He got a code A invite but doesn't seem to be part of F.United so he doesn't seem to be playing in the GSTL.

Q8D3vil

Vaporak said:
So, does anyone know what's going on with Sase? He got a code A invite but doesn't seem to be part of F.United so he doesn't seem to be playing in the GSTL.
yeah, its strange but maybe he want to concenterate on improving himself first. keep in mind that he is teamless right now which make it harder since he don't have the financial support thorzain and naniwa have.
shame, he would've been a better choice than soccer in last week gstl.

Yoshichan

SCII is so boring on weekends...

Yoshichan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom