• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
V_Arnold said:
Oh, just noticed Yoshi's words lack gg :D
I almost always gg in real games, I'm manner, trust me :)
Forgotten_Taco said:
'Wow, fuck forcefields' ?
Seems about right, yeah.
mescalineeyes said:
Yoshichan is almost like a joke character.
I am what you want me to be.
MrKnives said:
What ever happened to ChronicleX? I miss the guy :( He was always nice to me.
Is it just a coincidence that you mention ChronicleX right after my post? I'm not a troll, I'm just the only one in here that has the balls to say what I truly feel. I'm impulsive!
V_Arnold said:
He is here, with his next incarnation, just watch carefully :D
No way he got perma right?

fanboi

Banned
MrKnives said:
What ever happened to ChronicleX? I miss the guy :( He was always nice to me.

HOLY SHIT

I say

HOLY SHIT

you are really here!?

*pours a glass of wine*

Elvis has entered the building

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
trigun.png

So I'm playing Terran and then Protoss so I can play random(main Zerg), but I can't pressure zerg at all as T.

What's the best way to approach that?

Besides 3 rax, what the best general opening for those learning T, keeping in mind I don't like all ins? I'm also not scared to FE.

I think my main problem is I'm stuck in Gold. The first season/Beta I was high Diamond/Plat, which I guess would put me in Masters today, but I stopped playing for a few months and got rusty, only starting back up in the last month or so.

Gold everyone just tries to win the game quickly so it seems like I might have to just 3 rax to get out.

Dooraven

2 rax bunker pressure is the best, you can expand easily off it even if doesn't do any damage; If the Zerg isn't prepared then you can just kill him.

Reactored Helions/ Blue Flame is also quite good.

Edit: This is for Zerg

vs Protoss it compleltley depends on what the protoss does, you will generally be defensive before stim completes.

Keikaku

Horsemama1956 said:
So I'm playing Terran and then Protoss so I can play random(main Zerg), but I can't pressure zerg at all as T.

Besides 3 rax, what the best general opening for those learning T, keeping in mind I don't like all ins? I'm also not scared to FE.

I think my main problem is I'm stuck in Gold. The first season/Beta I was high Diamond/Plat, which I guess would put me in Masters today, but I stopped playing for a few months and got rusty, only starting back up in the last month or so.

Gold everyone just tries to win the game quickly so it seems like I might have to just 3 rax to get out.

2-rax expand is pretty good all around, I believe.

jasonng

Horsemama1956 said:

2rax pressure is a great opening, especially when the zerg goes for a fast expand.
6rax, surprisingly not at an all in
blue flame hellion/drop harass
banshee harass

It might be obvious to say but the point of harassing the zerg is to force him to overproduce attack units early game and/or kill his drones so that he has to remake them. Wasting those larvae early does dramatically affect the zerg mid to late game. In regards to going for a macro game, it's pretty unsafe to fast expand against a zerg because he can easily do zergling runbys. Again, it's about keeping his drone count low while you macro up. So your best battle plan is to do either of the above harass while you expand.

WedgeX

Banned
Horsemama1956 said:

There is a mmm drop timing push into marine tank or thors that I've had success again Zerg with. Drops into their main usually taking it out, and expanding behind it. My game against the fake idra wasn't my best showing of it, but was decent.

clav

Horsemama1956 said:

There's a weird timing if a Zerg is going ling/bling/muta build in the 9 to 11 minute mark that the Zerg is most vulnerable as usually that's when the third expansion is going up.

If you push a Zerg then, you are guaranteed to win given that your micro is good.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
claviertekky said:
There's a weird timing if a Zerg is going ling/bling/muta build in the 9 to 11 minute mark that the Zerg is most vulnerable as usually that's when the third expansion is going up.

If you push a Zerg then, you are guaranteed to win given that your micro is good.
9 to 11 minutes? thats a pretty late third.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Nice Artosis pylon right there by Cruncher.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Deadman said:
Morrow so good

But he didn't kill the pylon >:|.

(Those were some amazing overlord drops)

Dooraven

Col, Morrow does this nearly every single game, stop going colossus stalker, chargelot archon storm destroys morrows build.

Dooraven

Mana can't do this build properly :/

Tassadar did it with superb micro, Mana doesn't really have that impeccable micro.

Pancakes

Mana is already dead.

Edit: Great no game 2 >_>.

Horsemama1956 said:

This isn't exclusive to gold at all. In fact the only thing that changes in masters/diamond is that the players are just much better at ending the game quickly.

BigAT

Is this live or being cast off replays?

Edit: Never mind, looks like it is replays. That was great Ghost use by Thorzain, fantastic job sniping the observers as well.

Dooraven

Mouz has go so lucky in these match ups lol

Morrow's ZvP is his best MU
Mana's PvT is his best MU
Thorzains TvP is his best MU (although it's Miniguns too).

Dooraven said:
Mouz has go so lucky in these match ups lol

Morrow's ZvP is his best MU
Mana's PvT is his best MU
Thorzains TvP is his best MU (although it's Miniguns too).
Crunchers PvZ is his best and like you said Miniguns best is PvT

Tntnnbltn

You know you've been playing too much SC2 when you are marking papers, and whenever the paper scrapes against the desk it makes a sound which reminds you of the spire spawning noise.

Q8D3vil

11-12 raxes and pressure if the zerg went hatchery first by putting bunkers then put a cc in 22.

MrKnives

Deadly said:
So it seems Day9 is getting DDOS'ed too. This shit needs to stop =/

I don't think there is any confirmation it's DDOS is there? Day9 has lagged severely in the past too and after Destiny's incident nowadays every connection problem is DDOS related.

But if it is true
May the wrath of a thousand internets rain down upon them.
Our internets will block out the sun.

Holden

Q8D3vil said:
just saw bomber vs destiny
infestors can't be countered by mass ghost and tanks.
nerf incoming.

wat. bomber must be terrible then

can i have a link of the vod/replay ;o

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Season 3 also means a big patch is coming, right?

Holden

Q8D3vil said:
yeah, i can see that :/
but if you saw the game then what is the counter against investors ?

protoss can feedback investors and one shot them but what is the answer from terran ?

feedback is a smaller range, and doesn't aoe.

but ya fungle does rape terran ;o

Dooraven

Q8D3vil said:
yeah, i can see that :/
but if you saw the game then what is the counter against investors ?

protoss can feedback investors and one shot them but what is the answer from terran ?

Oh I agree, the Current Infestor wouldn't be too bad if it was countered by large units or by air but since it does I do agree it is slightly broken.

Removing Fungal's air would be an option so Protoss/Terran can go Banshee/Pheonix but that would turn ZvZ into Mutalisk wars again

But then again, that might not be too bad , I'm so sick of Roach infestor in my ZvZs

Q8D3vil

Dooraven said:
Oh I agree, the Current Infestor wouldn't be too bad if it was countered by large units or by air but since it does I do agree it is slightly broken.

Removing Fungal's air would be an option so Protoss/Terran can go Banshee/Pheonix but that would turn ZvZ into Mutalisk wars again
well, mescaline says that zvz right now is a random fungal war, whoever fungal first win.
even morrow thinks its random that's why he play terran against zerg.

but yeah, something need to be done to infestors.

Yoshichan

All right guys, GAF "convinced" me. I'm buying a monitor for experimental reasons. What's a good amount of inch (24" seems too much) and is 5ms fine?

Heck, just link the monitor if you can.

edit: and fuck infestors. Stupid unit from start. Starcraft 2, more like Spellcasters 2.

Tntnnbltn

Dooraven said:
What if air units were immune to ensnare? e.g. you land the damage on them with fungal but they can still fly away.

MrKnives

Yoshichan said:
All right guys, GAF "convinced" me. I'm buying a monitor for experimental reasons. What's a good amount of inch (24" seems too much) and is 5ms fine?

Heck, just link the monitor if you can.

edit: and fuck infestors. Stupid unit from start. Starcraft 2, more like Spellcasters 2.

I have BenQ 24" and it isn't too big at all.
5ms BtB is ok. They usually advertise monitors as 2ms but that's usually GtG and not BtB. My BenQ is 2ms GtG and I feel comfortable playing FPS games with it. For a long time I didn't want to buy a flat screen because the ms was too poor to play fps properly. At least for me because I played Q3 and CS quite seriously.

For good monitors Samsung T240 is good but it's 16:10 and I prefer 16:9 so I didn't get it.
I don't really have time to browse the web for best monitors but just google some. Pay attention to contrast ratio's for one. Notice that Dynamic contrast ratio and contrast ratio isn't the same thing. Many monitors can have huge dynamic contrast ratio's but a poor contrast ratio and they usually advertise them by the bigger number (dynamic contrast)

Another good monitor is 24" NEC LCD2490WUXi. It is also 16:10 but uses H-IPS panels rather than the TN panels that most use. T240 included.

I'll try to help more if needed when I have more time. I left some things out but I hope someone can fill in the gaps.

Edit: Infestor is pretty much the only spellcaster for zerg so why "spellcaster 2" :eek: BW had lots of spellcasters and every race has at least one. Why shouldn't zerg have a good spellcaster.
Edit 2: I wasn't implying you are a troll like ChronicleX, your words just reminded me of him. Doesn't really mean anything.

Dooraven

Tntnnbltn said:
What if air units were immune to ensnare? e.g. you land the damage on them with fungal but they can still fly away.

in ZvZ though, they are meant to lockdown mutas so they can die to hydras. So I'm not quite sure on how that would work

Yoshichan

Thanks a bunch for the tips everyone, especially MrKnives :)!

Will read up after work.

Yoshichan

God damn it... I'm at work, standing right infront of the LG E2360V-PN... 23" is fucking HUGE. How the hell am I supposed to play SC2 on it? Any good recommendations for 21" screens or something?

I mean... fuck me, it's way too big, let alone the 24" I've been checking out too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom