• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q8D3vil

Yoshichan said:
God damn it... I'm at work, standing right infront of the LG E2360V-PN... 23" is fucking HUGE. How the hell am I supposed to play SC2 on it? Any good recommendations for 21" screens or something?

I mean... fuck me, it's way too big, let alone the 24" I've been checking out too.
its funny, i think my 23 inch is really small and i really want to upgrade to 27 inch.

Did pretty well on the ladder today. I beat a terran for the first time (only faced one today) and i actually won 50% of my zvz's.

I still haven't lost to a protoss yet. Most matches have been close positions and i have just made short work of them with ling/roach aggression.

Also unlike my first few days i haven't been getting insulted every match :D.

Dooraven said:
in ZvZ though, they are meant to lockdown mutas so they can die to hydras. So I'm not quite sure on how that would work

Except right now you don't even need hydras. Infestors alone can make short work of mutas.

Raelson said:
Close positions makes my brain hurt... Time to downvote all those maps.

I've noticed that this seems to be really common so my friend and i have been counting. So far on 4 player maps we have been close position over 80% of the time. We also have not had cross position even once in over 20 matches.

Haunted

Raelson said:
Close positions makes my brain hurt... Time to downvote all those maps.
NxrEN.jpg

Slasher

mlglive_4th_1_545.jpg

LIVE STREAM: http://www.Justin.tv/Singlecoil

Join us today for a sneak preview of MLG Live as we knock Independence Day out of the park with ten straight hours of live streamed content featuring the best of the world of eSports/competitive gaming.

Many of you in the US will be out with friends and family for the evening, which is great! If you have some time throughout the day, check it out. If not, VOD's will provided shortly after. For everyone who can't get enough eSports, and those outside the US where it'll just be another Monday, this will be a treat.

It’s an extravaganza of gaming with all your favorite players, commentators, and community members - all streamed to you live in HD. Starcraft 2, Quake Live, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Halo: Reach and maybe even some Mortal Kombat 9/SSF4AE. JP, Slasher, Puckett, Nexy and more will team up with special guest casters and pro players for a day of FUN. SC Center returns with JP and chobopeon, and what everyone has been waiting for, the return of State of The Game. New hosts co-hosts will be announced. Can you guess who they are?

Below is the tentative schedule of events for the day. Because matches are live, there is no knowing how long games will go, along with all other apects of running a live event such as this. While not listed, it is also possible we do a Mortal Kombat 9 showmatch between Tom Brady and Perfect Legend.

3:00 PM EST/21:00 CET: MLG Live Launch with JP McDaniel w/ special guests, tour of studio
3:30 PM EST/21:30 CET: Starcraft 2 1v1 Showmatch -
ua.png
White-Ra vs TLAF`Ret
nl.png
- Best of 5
4:15 PM EST/22:15 CET: Starcraft 2 2v2 Showmatch -
pe.png
coL.CatZ & coL.Drewbie
ca.png
vs
us.png
EG.Axslav & EG.StrifeCro
us.png
- Best of 3
5:00 PM EST/23:00 CET: Quake Live 1v1 Showmatch -
se.png
Toxic vs
pl.png
srs.av3k, winner vs
by.png
srs.Cypher - Best of 3/5
6:00 PM EST/24:00 CET: Special Edition of SC Center with JP McDaniel and Chobopeon
6:30 PM EST/00:30 CET: Call of Duty: BlackOps Showmatch -
us.png
OpTic Gaming vs
us.png
Force - Best of 3
7:15 PM EST/01:15 CET: Halo: Reach Showmatch -
us.png
Status Quo vs
us.png
Dynasty - Best of 5
8:00 PM EST/02:00 CET: Quake Live 1v1 Showmatch -
us.png
ZeRo4 vs
us.png
EG.DaHanG, winner vs http://www.teamliquid.net/images/flags2/us.png[/img[b]SK.Rapha[/b] - Best of 3/5
9:00 PM EST/03:00 CET: [b]Quake Live[/b] CTF Showmatch - [b]Evil Geniuses[/b] (DaHanG, id, viju, kgb) vs [b]Cloud 9[/b] (ZeRo4, Rapha, br1ck, FienD)
9:30 PM EST/03:30 CET: [b]Starcraft 2[/b] 1v1 Showmatch - [img]http://www.teamliquid.net/images/flags2/us.png FXO.qxc vs FXO.Twilight
kr.png

10:00 PM EST/04:00 CET: All-new State of The Game with new co-hosts

MrKnives

Yoshichan said:
w...wat?

EDIT: Wait a sec... it says that the monitor has 1000:1 contrast
http://shop.onoff.com/Produkter/Dat...prisjakt&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=prisjakt

Is that right? Is that a big flaw?

1000:1 is what you could call standard I guess. It's not bad but it's definately not the best you can get.
It all depends on how you prioritize these things. If you haven't even been concerned about these smaller details I doubt it will affect you in any way. One of my monitors have 1000:1 static contrast with 50000:1 dc and the colors are great.
The brightness is only 250 cd/m2 which is lower than in some more newer monitors but it should be sufficient enough. Flat monitors are usually way to bright to begin with.
The biggest plus I would give to that monitor is that it's LED based and that alone should make it good enough. I have no idea how that price translates to euros or dollars but if it's not too expencive it's a good buy.

PS: 24" really isn't too big. I first thought the same thing because I transferred from my old fat 17" > 24" but now I wouldn't even mind a bigger one.

Haunted

Slasher said:
mlglive_4th_1_545.jpg

LIVE STREAM: http://www.Justin.tv/Singlecoil

Join us today for a sneak preview of MLG Live as we knock Independence Day out of the park with ten straight hours of live streamed content featuring the best of the world of eSports/competitive gaming.

Many of you in the US will be out with friends and family for the evening, which is great! If you have some time throughout the day, check it out. If not, VOD's will provided shortly after. For everyone who can't get enough eSports, and those outside the US where it'll just be another Monday, this will be a treat.

It’s an extravaganza of gaming with all your favorite players, commentators, and community members - all streamed to you live in HD. Starcraft 2, Quake Live, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Halo: Reach and maybe even some Mortal Kombat 9/SSF4AE. JP, Slasher, Puckett, Nexy and more will team up with special guest casters and pro players for a day of FUN. SC Center returns with JP and chobopeon, and what everyone has been waiting for, the return of State of The Game. New hosts co-hosts will be announced. Can you guess who they are?

Below is the tentative schedule of events for the day. Because matches are live, there is no knowing how long games will go, along with all other apects of running a live event such as this. While not listed, it is also possible we do a Mortal Kombat 9 showmatch between Tom Brady and Perfect Legend.

3:00 PM EST/21:00 CET: MLG Live Launch with JP McDaniel w/ special guests, tour of studio
3:30 PM EST/21:30 CET: Starcraft 2 1v1 Showmatch -
ua.png
White-Ra vs TLAF`Ret
nl.png
- Best of 5
4:15 PM EST/22:15 CET: Starcraft 2 2v2 Showmatch -
pe.png
coL.CatZ & coL.Drewbie
ca.png
vs
us.png
EG.Axslav & EG.StrifeCro
us.png
- Best of 3
5:00 PM EST/23:00 CET: Quake Live 1v1 Showmatch -
se.png
Toxic vs
pl.png
srs.av3k, winner vs
by.png
srs.Cypher - Best of 3/5
6:00 PM EST/24:00 CET: Special Edition of SC Center with JP McDaniel and Chobopeon
6:30 PM EST/00:30 CET: Call of Duty: BlackOps Showmatch -
us.png
OpTic Gaming vs
us.png
Force - Best of 3
7:15 PM EST/01:15 CET: Halo: Reach Showmatch -
us.png
Status Quo vs
us.png
Dynasty - Best of 5
8:00 PM EST/02:00 CET: Quake Live 1v1 Showmatch -
us.png
ZeRo4 vs
us.png
EG.DaHanG, winner vs http://www.teamliquid.net/images/flags2/us.png[/img[b]SK.Rapha[/b] - Best of 3/5
9:00 PM EST/03:00 CET: [b]Quake Live[/b] CTF Showmatch - [b]Evil Geniuses[/b] (DaHanG, id, viju, kgb) vs [b]Cloud 9[/b] (ZeRo4, Rapha, br1ck, FienD)
9:30 PM EST/03:30 CET: [b]Starcraft 2[/b] 1v1 Showmatch - [img]http://www.teamliquid.net/images/flags2/us.png FXO.qxc vs FXO.Twilight
kr.png

10:00 PM EST/04:00 CET: All-new State of The Game with new co-hosts
Big day for JP, eh. Return of SC Centre and SotG.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Q8D3vil said:
just saw bomber vs destiny
infestors can't be countered by mass ghost and tanks.
nerf incoming.
6 base vs 6 base, stalemate, game decided by the person who secures the last two mining bases.
INFESTORS IMBA.

I fucking hate terrans.

MrKnives

Zergs hatred has always gone from Terran to Protoss back to Terran etc. I'm wondernig who is now generally considered the "most hated race"?
Of course Zergs are loved by all and embraced as the supreme master race so it's always been interesting that who of the two has the title.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
MrKnives said:
Zergs hatred has always gone from Terran to Protoss back to Terran etc. I'm wondernig who is now generally considered the "most hated race"?
Of course Zergs are loved by all and embraced as the supreme master race so it's always been interesting that who of the two has the title.

As of right now, I think it's cool to hate on toss players since HuK and other protoss players seem to be winning everything. In a couple months it will go back to Terran and perhaps even to Zerg if HoTS buffs are sufficient.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
MrKnives said:
it depends, neither race is nearly as bad as they used to be, so i personally reserve my hatred for p's and t's stuck in the week one mindset where a counter must win them the game instantly and decisively like marauders vs supply depots and they still randomly wander accross the map without a care for scouting, bleeding entire armies the whole time and then whining that they cant play a macro game vs zerg.

Q8D3vil

6 base vs 6 base, stalemate, game decided by the person who secures the last two mining bases.
INFESTORS IMBA.
its not about the bases, ghost/ are the ultimate infestor counter but they didn't work.

its bullshit and you know it :p

Holden

Q8D3vil said:
its not about the bases, ghost/ are the ultimate infestor counter but they didn't work.

i wonder how blizzard would balance it ;o

remove +25 mana upgrade? lololol

my poor hightemps :(

V_Arnold

Hugoboss21 said:
i wonder how blizzard would balance it ;o

remove +25 mana upgrade? lololol

my poor hightemps :(

Chroniclex, you cant remove +25 upgrade on infestors as you instantly summon HT's while one infestor takes 50+ seconds to hatch. Not quite the same, isnt it? ;)

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Q8D3vil said:

see what i mean?

some of these terrans want the most expensive and high tech unit composition zerg is capable of doing to just utterly melt to one unit. and they think that would be okay. they want starcraft to be a game of 'just make X' until you've won a long enough series of rock paper scissors to take the game, but ofcourse they still want to have the final trump card. none of these terrans stop to wonder what zergs supposed to do after ghosts 'ultimate counter' infestor/brood/ultra.

Holden

V_Arnold said:
Chroniclex, you cant remove +25 upgrade on infestors as you instantly summon HT's while one infestor takes 50+ seconds to hatch. Not quite the same, isnt it? ;)

1) why the fuck did u call me chroniclex ;(

2) after i summon them instantly, i gotta wait for like 50 sec.

MrKnives

One thing I don't get. Someone in this page said Ghosts don't work against infestors but in the same sentence said "well, protoss has feedback"

EMP is a better feedback with the drawback of removing only 100 energy but the tech is easier if needed faster and aren't they even cheaper now. Also you can get cloack.
I understand it's not as simple as cloack > insta awesome emp's but isn't that the micro part. Zerg tries to fungal the army, Terran want's to land the EMP's

Terran's have practiced this EMP stuff against Protoss from the beta days already, just do to zerg what you do to protoss.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Hugoboss21 said:
1) why the fuck did u call me chroniclex ;(

2) after i summon them instantly, i gotta wait for like 50 sec.
so you're saying if i build an infestor and you build a templar, they'd have their ability at the same time and thats imbalanced.

Holden

i wouldn't be surprised if they put back emp at removing all mana.

Pandaman said:
so you're saying if i build an infestor and you build a templar, they'd have their ability at the same time and thats imbalanced.

i never said infestors are imba with +25 eng, what i meant is that why did blizzard remove that spell instead of putting the brood war upgrade ( +12.5 mana, +50 max mana )

Q8D3vil

Hugoboss21 said:
i wouldn't be surprised if they put back emp at removing all mana.
that could solve the mass infestor problem.
blizzard said that they are already looking into it so we will wait and see.

V_Arnold

Q8D3vil said:
that could solve the mass infestor problem.
blizzard said that they are already looking into it so we will wait and see.

Because it would be so awesome to have ONE caster obliterate 10 casters usefulness, right?
I am all for this if they give feedback to Zerg also.

ultron87

V_Arnold said:
Because it would be so awesome to have ONE caster obliterate 10 casters usefulness, right?

Obviously you just need to neural parasite the ghost and then EMP all their Ghosts. Cmon Zerg, it ain't that hard. :p

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
interesting fact, a neural'd battlecruiser attacking another battlecruiser has the dps of a single marine.

i never said infestors are imba with +25 eng, what i meant is that why did blizzard remove that spell instead of putting the brood war upgrade ( +12.5 mana, +50 max mana )
because then templar would still be getting their ability faster than infestors and ghosts?

give overseers spawn broodling.

Holden

V_Arnold said:

thats what the science vessel was back in broodwar, and im pretty sure that the aoe was bigger. and protoss didn't have feedback from hightemps.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Hugoboss21 said:
thats what the science vessel was back in broodwar, and im pretty sure that the aoe was bigger. and protoss didn't have feedback from hightemps.
the science vessel was much later in the tier though, you had to make much heavier sacrifices to have them out.

it wasn't a "spend 100/50 after barracks" unit.

Q8D3vil said:
see bomber vs destiny game 1.
he did everything u said.
and was outspent and out played.

so destiny wins.
problem?

MrKnives

Hugoboss21 said:

And the units weren't nearly as clumped up as now and it was 10x harder to execute.

Also since when losing one game to infestors (Bomber vs Destiny) makes it instantly prove of being imbalanced.

AND at least protoss is actually finding ways to hide their templars. Don't remember if it was Whitera vs Tarson or who but he kept some of his HT's in the Warp prism and right after he landed those EMP's he dropped them and instantly stormed the bio ball.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
MrKnives said:
AND at least protoss is actually finding ways to hide their templars. Don't remember if it was Whitera vs Tarson or who but he kept some of his HT's in the Warp prism and right after he landed those EMP's he dropped them and instantly stormed the bio ball.
i've seen incontrol do this vs zerg too. storm drops on expansions.

Q8D3vil said:
see bomber vs destiny game 1.
he did everything u said.

that was a terrible, terrible game and should not be used to base arguments on.
seriously, that game was so embarassing on both sides that me and my brother both just turned it off and went on to do better things with our time, and I don't say that lightly.

Deadman

Bomber is 50 food ahead and has a bigger army yet for some reason sits in his base for 10 minutes and lets destiny only make infestors until he has over 30.

Its like saying carriers are imbalanced because you let the guy turtle until he had 20 of them and then rolls you.

Q8D3vil

Hugoboss21 said:
and it used to be the counter to mass muta too.
well, zerg can't have their lurker and we can't have our science vessel :p

zoukka

Destinys lol infestor build works if the opponent turtles and doesn't siege his tanks.

I recently saw games where this terran (don't remember his name) raped the mass infestor with just basic tank + infantry and good micro.

All said, infestor might be a little too good with the new fungal and it's huge size. AOE doesn't hurt them much from tanks nor EMP's.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Hugoboss21 said:
woah when did they did they get nerfed to 80 hp =O
90, whatever, no functional difference.

2 direct tank shells, 3 splashes in both cases.

also apparently a chinese modder has gotten lan working, GG battle.net. :p

Haunted

MrKnives said:
Protoss are the most hated race for sure.

Zerg has the most hated players though! Whiny sons of bitches.

MrKnives

I think it's 90hp but still. I think zoukka meant that because they are so fat and yea I do kinda agree but like panda said. They do pop to tanks pretty fast and tanks do outrange them by a lot.
Destiny is pretty much only one I have seen winning with going straight for infestors and that's mostly because he is allowed to get like 30 of them and then the opponents are lost for what to do.
Only other times I see infestors winning games is that Zerg "deathball" Infestor + Broodlord. Has anyone have any other good games with good players where just going infestor wins you the game? Everytime I see someone going straight for Infestors (Dimaga) they seem to lose.

Maybe I'm just ignorant but I would just like to see some other games (evidence) of this imbalanced.

Haunted:

I do kinda agree about Zergs being what they are. Not sure why though. I rarely whine and most Zerg players I know don't whine either. Naniwa and Incontrol made the statement that they think all Zergs are just sad and depressed about their lives. Is that true? :(

zlatko

Banned
Haunted said:
Protoss are the most hated race for sure.

Zerg has the most hated players though! Whiny sons of bitches.

Yeah, but it's a proven fact that Zerg players are the sexiest people in real life. Gaf is a testament to that.

Haunted

MrKnives said:
Haunted:

I do kinda agree about Zergs being what they are. Not sure why though. I rarely whine and most Zerg players I know don't whine either. Naniwa and Incontrol made the statement that they think all Zergs are just sad and depressed about their lives. Is that true? :(
As a Terran player, I have little to no empathy for whiny Zerg players. If you're not a whiner, you're cool, you can hang. But there are clearly more annoying/bitchy Zerg players in the community compared to the other races (despite having a balanced win rate, and great success in tournaments both major and minor).

Sad and depressed sounds about right!

zlatko said:
Yeah, but it's a proven fact that Zerg players are the sexiest people in real life. Gaf is a testament to that.
GAFers are a bad example group though. It's a well-documented fact that we're far sexier than average human beings.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
as a zerg player, i have yet to meet a terran who isn't whiny.
protoss and zerg, its different from person to person, but terrans have entitlement complexes.
serious ones.

jasonng

The way I see it is that the reason why Zerg has the most whiners compared to the other two is due to how fragile we are. We're meant to be harassed so that we don't overwhelm our opponents so easily. At the same time we have to take that fast expand and that third. We have to get that macro hatch to keep a healthy amount of larvae. A smart player knows that by preventing the Zerg to do any of those dramatically affects his performance. The whining comes in where we can't react to the harass properly and ultimately loss because of it. Other factors come into play but the whining comes from all the bevy amounts of harassment we receive.

My two cents. And I know I QQ a lot too. At least I'm sexy.

V_Arnold

Pandaman said:
protoss and zerg, its different from person to person, but terrans have entitlement complexes.
serious ones.

Yeah, I never quite understood all the flame that zergs (sometimes including me ofc) get when they talk about potential imbalances. I have stopped even thinking about "imba" in terms of individual games, except for FREAKING BROKEN insanity like close spawn Meta against a terran, or something like that, but still, any terran or prot who thinks any of their main units need any kind of buff is MORE than laughable.

zoukka

Pandaman said:
wat.

they have 80 health and are armoured so they take bonus damage.

They have fat asses. They are also quite nimble. Resilient bastards.

Pandaman said:
serious ones.

I cannot relate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom