• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holden

Pandaman said:
90, whatever, no functional difference.

2 direct tank shells, 3 splashes in both cases.

also apparently a chinese modder has gotten lan working, GG battle.net. :p

when did tanks get nerfed to 90 hp? They have 160hp lol.

jasonng

zoukka said:
I cannot relate.
Oddly enough I had more whiny terrans when they were OP (no depot before rax) than I do now. I would assume at master's level Terrans finally have to learn to actually earn their wins. I kid, I don't know why there are problems with TvZ at that level.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Hugoboss21 said:
i care about how much hp tanks have, cause 2 immortal hit is better then 3 =p
no one was ever talking about tanks health though.
also, it'd be 2 hits instead of 4.

Won

V_Arnold said:
Yeah, I never quite understood all the flame that zergs (sometimes including me ofc) get when they talk about potential imbalances. I have stopped even thinking about "imba" in terms of individual games, except for FREAKING BROKEN insanity like close spawn Meta against a terran, or something like that, but still, any terran or prot who thinks any of their main units need any kind of buff is MORE than laughable.

"Potential imbalances" are the problem. You don't talk about "potential imbalances". Either there is something clearly broken or you are whiny, no matter the race.

V_Arnold

Won said:
"Potential imbalances" are the problem. You don't talk about "potential imbalances". Either there is something clearly broken or you are whiny, no matter the race.

Not really. If "balance" would be so easily detectable, you would not even need human designers, you could just roll every single game in the universe (including Magic the Gathering, Street Fighter, BlazBlue, every RTS and every RPG) through your deciding script, and it would come out "balanced". It is not how this works though. But whatever helps you out to call people arguing over that 'whiny'.

Almost broke my monitor in rage. I was playing some toss who went 4 gate into 6 gate; I held the 4 gate, then he used to 6 gate to contain me in my natural as he took the gold on Xel Naga Caverns. After I crushed the contain he started lagging horribly, and I couldn't control shit. Then my grandma calls so I'm talking to her with one hand, trying to micro with the other all while he's lagging the fuck out. At one point I had the chance to drop him, but decided not to. Anyway I get to the gold and start destroying his units, but more and more keep warping in, I can't control anything due to lag, all of a sudden my army is dead, etc.

I ragequit only to see I was quite ahead

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
PhoenixDark said:
XelNaga Caverns is like my favorite map!
really?

I mean, back in the day of basin and kulas, sure it was a godsend but nowadays i would never want to give up the scouting advantage zerg gets off 3+ player maps unless it gave up alot of other adantages like belshir/junk.

Raelson

Pandaman said:
really?

I mean, back in the day of basin and kulas, sure it was a godsend but nowadays i would never want to give up the scouting advantage zerg gets off 3+ player maps unless it gave up alot of other adantages like belshir/junk.
There's a reason it's still being used in GSL.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Xelnaga is fucking amazing. Deal with it.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Raelson said:
There's a reason it's still being used in GSL.
what the hell are you talking about?

im trying to figure out whats more wrong, "its on the GSL, so its balanced" or "if someone doesn't like a map, it must be because he thinks its imbalanced".

raphier

Banned
The king of the suck is back! I just reached 22nd place from below fifties, without playing ladder for two months.

How does this happen?

Raelson

Pandaman said:
what the hell are you talking about?

im trying to figure out whats more wrong, "its on the GSL, so its balanced" or "if someone doesn't like a map, it must be because he thinks its imbalanced".
im sorry panda

Deadly

With TLO not being to play much, I can see him being a permanent host on SotG. He seems like much more of the calm/nice/funny type though so it would kinda be like a second Day9.

Really wondering who the new hosts are...

I just love the map and find it challenging. Especially against toss. Few maps encapsulate the "don't let them get a third" philosophy more than Xel Naga Caverns imo. I've played it countless of times and watched helplessly as a toss blows up the rocks and takes his third. Sometimes I'm able to stop it, other times I find myself stuck on my side awaiting the death ball. It just feels like a challenge, dunno it's hard to explain.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
PhoenixDark said:
I just love the map and find it challenging. Especially against toss. Few maps encapsulate the "don't let them get a third" philosophy more than Xel Naga Caverns imo. I've played it countless of times and watched helplessly as a toss blows up the rocks and takes his third. Sometimes I'm able to stop it, other times I find myself stuck on my side awaiting the death ball. It just feels like a challenge, dunno it's hard to explain.
i understand what you mean entirely, its a map that heavily favours zerg aggression and i personally feel bad decisions from an aggressive zerg can set you behind in midgame alot more than a sequence of midgame mistakes. there's also that weird should i on the two player maps where zerg can get alot of strentgh off a 2 base timing, but the nature of 1v1 maps makes exploitive builds much stronger.

i feel your priority on xel should be eliminating the possibility of a 4gate and then checking for star. if no star, roach/ling the expansion and get your win by crushing the nexus early on. its a very rigid map i feel and i dont have strong responses to star or dt beyond taking the gold and going for a timing against the late toss third. IMO, I'd rather put up with some finicky backwater spawns and have more options and threats against a player the slower scouting.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Okay so the screen I'm about to buy doesn't have HDMI... it has DVI-I and VGA. Which one is better for 1080p? And are there "good" cables and "bad" cables or can I buy any sort?

Holden

Yoshichan said:
Okay so the screen I'm about to buy doesn't have HDMI... it has DVI-I and VGA. Which one is better for 1080p? And are there "good" cables and "bad" cables or can I buy any sort?

i think DVI-I is the same as HDMI but without audio, i might be wrong thow ;o

edit: ya i think im wrong ;o

Haunted

2DG got removed from the MLG cast because he made a technical difficulties/Dreamhack joke.

>_>

<Dragonfly`> 2gd here
<Dragonfly`> i wont be casting the second map
<Dragonfly`> cus mlg removed me from the convo
<Batcha> i bet my rail isnt far off from this avekkk :D
<Dragonfly`> [23:30:43] MLG - JP McDaniel: mlg asked me to after the dreamhack comment
<Dragonfly`> [23:30:43] MLG - JP McDaniel:
<Dragonfly`> [23:30:45] MLG - JP McDaniel: not my call
<Dragonfly`> [23:30:46] MLG - JP McDaniel: sorry
<Dragonfly`> i think i made a dreamhack / mlg joke
<Dragonfly`> and it upset them
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZfIDs2e-PQ

Haunted

Corran Horn said:
It was talked about in the mlg thread. THIS ISNT QUAKE! :p
:eek:

I wasn't aware there was a thread for this event, my bad!

Also, 2DG is amazing and part of the SC2 scene and I'm going to post about him always. ^_^

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
FIP2c.jpg

a gift from shanadeus and ponygaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom