• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holden

Pandaman said:
yes? thats petty much why you do most things in starcraft.

its not actually gambling, he ll just move his drop a bit further and and flip a way to slip in.

Keikaku said:
Drop tech requires 2 upgrades to be viable and I'm not counting going to Lair since Zerg has to do that anyway.

I'd say that if you let them spend 300/300 and 3 minutes upgrading drop tech without pressuring them even a little bit or not getting a hint of what's happening you might be the one at fault.

thats just like saying, hey i got range on my collosus, its deffinently you're fault.

Keikaku

Shit, I forgot my own advice earlier!

Uhhhhhh . . . Here have some SC2 related images.

RHdNj.jpg

Good Guy Greg
jo8dm.jpg

How I imagined Panda to be before I got to know him:
rnqpP.gif

BigAT

If only there were some way to get units wherever you wanted them on the map almost instantly. But it would have to be quick, like you shouldn't even have to build them. Like if you could warp them in, but something not as crazy as that.

ksan

BigAT said:
If only there were some way to get units wherever you wanted them on the map almost instantly. But it would have to be quick, like you shouldn't even have to build them. Like if you could warp them in, but something not as crazy as that.
Motherships can recall

Holden

BigAT said:

tbh thats not worth it AT ALL, 32 marines with automacly +2 if you have no uprs. rape units relly fast :O so 12 units ( if he's on 3 bases or so ) sounds like a retarded idea to warp that.

would be nice if it was hightemps w/ kaldurim amulet but...

i've found dts pretty nice to defend infested terran drops. but if you don't have the tech you're pretty much fucked

edit : lol@mothership

arbiters could make it nice to defend those drops t.t

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Hugoboss21 said:
its not actually gambling, he ll just move his drop a bit further and and flip a way to slip in.
okay?

nobody wants to give protoss a way to stop drops entirely and cheaply.

Holden

Pandaman said:
okay?

nobody wants to give protoss a way to stop drops entirely and cheaply.

its not the fact that i want to stop drops entirely and cheaply
its the fact that i dont want to built 1500minerals of cannon for nothing and get drops by units that dont cost mineral nor gas

Just watched a TvT and I have a question...

Why do you use Thor in TvT ? I can only imagine using Thor against Viking in a TvT because Marauders or Siege Tanks (or both) would eat Thors

Holden

UnluckyKate said:

Why do you use Thor in TvT ? I can only imagine using Thor against Viking in a TvT because Marauders or Siege Tanks (or both) would eat Thors

cause they tank alot of damage and they 3 shot tanks ( i think )

BigAT

UnluckyKate said:

They're fantastic against mech play. Siege Tanks can't splash on them and they blow tanks up ridiculously quick.

Ecto311

UnluckyKate said:

That is the main reason I never use thor and stray from mech all together. They take a shitload of supply/time and a few marauders take them down so fast I never feel comfortable using them. I have been using more mech recently but maybe I should switch to zerg because I like to have lots of units that I can replenish quickly and be quick with the units I do have.

fanboi

Banned
Wish-lost HotS:

1) Make Nydus more viable
2) Make the motherfucking mothership a valuble and feared unit (aka a AoE attack spell).
3) Fuck cheesers

Hugoboss21 said:
you can't slash thors? damn :eek:

same with ultras baby!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Hugoboss21 said:
its not the fact that i want to stop drops entirely and cheaply
its the fact that i dont want to built 1500minerals of cannon for nothing and get drops by units that dont cost mineral nor gas
the units that are getting dropped and shot at by your cannons cost a ton of gas.

Hugoboss21 said:
arbiters could make it nice to defend those drops t.t

I like how over the beta the mothership just became the Arbiter and now they have identical powers except the Mothership is stupid expensive and slow and one of a kind.

Just give us the fucking arbiter already then. I remember when people discovered the arbiter was actually amazing in BW, it was like 6 years into the game and the unit was so sweet.

I feel that all some of you want is BW HD remix

I hope non of the BW units return in HoTS and we get all new units instead + re-figuring the Hydra and the Corrupter (the first needs to be more viable in all MUs while the second needs a better active spell and corruption is not it)

Also, I hope they remove the Colossus and put a new AOE unit that needs more micro and control (kinda like storms or EMPs), the 1a and watch everything burns is anti-hype.

MrKnives

TheThunder said:

I hope non of the BW units return in HoTS and we get all new units instead + re-figuring the Hydra and the Corrupter (the first needs to be more viable in all MUs while the second needs a better active spell and corruption is not it)

Also, I hope they remove the Colossus and put a new AOE unit that needs more micro and control (kinda like storms or EMPs), the 1a and watch everything burns is anti-hype.

That unit is called Reaver. Shuttle micro the shit outta him.

Q8D3vil

MrKnives said:
That unit is called Reaver. Shuttle micro the shit outta him.
doesn't the reaver have an insane damage and splash ?
if they want to put it then need to adjust the damage and splash (like tanks from bw to sc2).

MrKnives

Q8D3vil said:
if they want to put it then need to adjust the damage and splash (like tanks from bw to sc2).

Yes and of course they need to make tweaks. It would be insanely powerful. Pretty much a better version of colossus and which is more protected. Needs good shuttle micro though to carry it with you, it's slow as fuck. Still more fun too see that Colossus, needs micro.

ksan

Q8D3vil said:
Would be hilarious to see them if they had improved ai and old stats...

cdyhybrid

TheThunder said:
Well BW is the gold standard for RTS so I don't see that as a bad thing. There are certain units/roles that are clearly lacking in SC2 that BW had covered, so it's not necessarily the case that people want BW, they just want that sort of balance. The coming expansions could still provide that, but the legions of whiners will make it impossible if Blizzard caves. Much of BW's balance is because players figured out how to use what they have differently instead of hoping for Blizzard to change something.

Why would the zerg go for your main's nexus? You would be close to mined out by the time your on your third. Only thing you have to lose is probably your infrastructure. You should just go kill him if he's going to split up his army like that. Save the third and then go beat him up.

Holden

Dr. Pangloss said:
Why would the zerg go for your main's nexus? You would be close to mined out by the time your on your third. Only thing you have to lose is probably your infrastructure. You should just go kill him if he's going to split up his army like that. Save the third and then go beat him up.

you'll uselly have the gas still, and his army will uselly be sitting out of ur expo, and if he walled off only one unit will come at a time, which delays it even more. And trust me losing 2 gas' is relly painfull as protoss. I never have enough gas, never

V_Arnold

Hugoboss21 said:
you'll uselly have the gas still, and his army will uselly be sitting out of ur expo, and if he walled off only one unit will come at a time, which delays it even more. And trust me losing 2 gas' is relly painfull as protoss. I never have enough gas, never

...but if he kills 3rd, gas there goes out also, in addition to potential mineral mining loss :p

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
V_Arnold said:
...but if he kills 3rd, gas there goes out also, in addition to potential mineral mining loss :p
he'll rebuild the third tho, its not as easy to decide to rebuild the main

Holden

Pandaman said:
he'll rebuild the third tho, its not as easy to decide to rebuild the main

ya, but most the time it is, if there still is a good amout of gas ;/, oh and most tech building are in the main ( the core is like 90% of the time in the main )

MrKnives

Just played a 50min game on Xelnaga against a Terran that ended up coming to me having destroyed all of his scv's / mining bases, I had one mining base left. It was an epic battle of tank marauder medivac vs ling ultra infestor.
In our last battle I decided to tech switch to mutas and so we were, what's left of his army against my mutas and I felt great chasing his units down waiting for GG but then remembered he has one CC spamming mules. With that one CC he created more marines that my one base income could handle. That's what I get for not building bling nest I guess.
FML

cdyhybrid said:
Well BW is the gold standard for RTS so I don't see that as a bad thing. There are certain units/roles that are clearly lacking in SC2 that BW had covered, so it's not necessarily the case that people want BW, they just want that sort of balance. The coming expansions could still provide that, but the legions of whiners will make it impossible if Blizzard caves. Much of BW's balance is because players figured out how to use what they have differently instead of hoping for Blizzard to change something.
I'm so far pleasantly surprised by how little Blizzard has see-sawed on the balance (lol, WoW balancing).

Those salad days of "fuck you, we're done patching this, now go balance it yourselves" are gone though. That is in some ways actually a bad thing, yeah. To be fair, they did the perfect amount of patching for BW. BW would be shit without 1.08.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
FieryBalrog said:
I'm so far pleasantly surprised by how little Blizzard has see-sawed on the balance (lol, WoW balancing).

Those salad days of "fuck you, we're done patching this, now go balance it yourselves" are gone though. That is in some ways actually a bad thing, yeah. To be fair, they did the perfect amount of patching for BW. BW would be shit without 1.08.
100gas defilers, 150mineral spawning pools.
those were the days.

I was on about an 8 game winning streak yesterday. I then got put against 4 or 5 masters, i beat 1 then lost to 4 in a row. In every match i had a massive lead and somehow managed to throw it away (i don't want to post replays because it's just so damn bad).

Anyway i'm still thinking about trying out a bit of protoss. I'm not sure where to start as i don't really know how to effectively FFE or 3 gate expand. Once i practice them a bit i will give it a try.

Keikaku

Just won a long-ass TvT on Xel'naga. It was the first game where:
  • I was siege contained
  • I broke the siege contain
  • I used the Tank, Viking combo effectively
  • My macro ceased to be completely hopeless and went to just awful

Lotta firsts for a Silver league Terran :p

Ecto311

Keikaku said:
Just won a long-ass TvT on Xel'naga. It was the first game where:
  • I was siege contained
  • I broke the siege contain
  • I used the Tank, Viking combo effectively
  • My macro ceased to be completely hopeless and went to just awful

Lotta firsts for a Silver league Terran :p

I had a similar game today - for me banshee works awesome against a tanking terran. Being in gold means never having to worry about a raven. Poke and wait for the scan then move away. I Also take an SCV out early and wait for them to pull that shit then expand across the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom