• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

fanboi

Banned
Hugoboss21 said:
get rid of those fucking infested terran, i dont wanna play pvz and pvt at the same f-ing time

Dont agree with removing, increase mana cost maybe.

Anorld:

Make it 50% slow instead of stuck, agreed.

Holden

fanboi said:
Dont agree with removing, increase mana cost maybe.

Anorld:

Make it 50% slow instead of stuck, agreed.

incease mana cost, would be the same. 50 mana for 1 infested terran wont be worth it

fanboi

Banned
Hugoboss21 said:
incease mana cost, would be the same. 50 mana for 1 infested terran wont be worth it

Well, not 50, fuck no, but 25 maybe.

Also, they can't nerf them with both increasing mana AND make it 50% slow instead of stuck, one, not both

Holden

fanboi said:
Well, not 50, fuck no, but 25 maybe.

its allrdy 25 mana...

mescalineeyes said:
fun fact: infested terrans have been there since day 1.

fun fact: collosus hasn't be nerfed in a LONG TIME, neural didn't get buffed, and ever since infested fungal patch, i don't see much whining about collosus anymore

I am going to resort to the same argument that toss used to defend their death ball:

if you let zerg reach that critical number of infestors, you deserve to die.

fanboi

Banned
mescalineeyes said:
I am going to resort to the same argument that toss used to defend their death ball:

Actually this is true.

Infestors make so that P and T can't get to greedy

Holden

mescalineeyes said:

ya but when you reach 80 supply as toss, the zerg is allrdy at 150 (nani vs ret)

I wonder why...

if Terran can keep Zerg in check so that their macro doesn't get out of hand, then toss should be able, too.
not to mention, how much of that supply is in drones and how cost inefficient the actual units are, save for the infestor... that being said, greedy Zerg play does delay tech.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Make infestors able to burrow and fungal.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
V_Arnold said:
Yeah. And make them free.
Let's not get excessive here!

At least make them cost 50/50.

MrKnives

V_Arnold said:
Fungal is just as broken as Force Field. Except that with Force Field, you need to have units to kill the trapped units. With fungal, you do not.
Talking like a true terran already I see :)

V_Arnold

MrKnives said:
Talking like a true terran already I see :)

No, that is actually the Zerg talking, cause I for some dumb reason, refused to mass up Infestors like everyone else did in ZVZ :( That made me switch.

zoukka

mescalineeyes said:

ATM against Terran the critical amount is about 4 fungals to kill every infantry unit the opponent has :b

Against Toss it's a bit more, but what the fuck can you do against a turtling zerg in maps like Shakuras? 4gate? 2 base all in? You deserve to lose if you want to reach lategame?

fanboi

Banned
zoukka said:
ATM against Terran the critical amount is about 4 fungals to kill every infantry unit the opponent has :b

Against Toss it's a bit more, but what the fuck can you do against a turtling zerg in maps like Shakuras? 4gate? 2 base all in? You deserve to lose if you want to reach lategame?

Well, I agree that you should be able to move while FG, but dmg is nothing that needs to be changed.

zoukka said:

apply pressure? siege tanks do almost as much damage as fungals if not more and it doesn't even cost them energy. They also outrange infestors quite a bit.
Plus, a turtling Zerg lets Terran play greedier too, no? so on 3 base, cloaked ghosts as support for your mainly mech army becomes extremely viable.

zoukka

mescalineeyes said:
apply pressure? siege tanks do almost as much damage as fungals if not more and it doesn't even cost them energy. They also outrange infestors quite a bit.
Plus, a turtling Zerg lets Terran play greedier too, no? so on 3 base, cloaked ghosts as support for your mainly mech army becomes extremely viable.

Yeah Terran has way more things to throw at Infestors.

Still, when you see Destiny beat good players with just mass fucking infestor it feels bad man... feels bad.

Yoshichan

One perfect placed shot in the middle with siege.

9EfdW.jpg

One perfect placed shot in the middle with fungal.

ts4T0.jpg

zlatko

Banned
Clearly the answer is mass blink stalker with carriers. Blink on top of his army surrounding it, then let the carriers sit back and destroy all the ground army.

I'm also 100% sure High templar, archons, and mass void rays is how you win.

My strats are top tier. I even recommend a mother ship to toilet all the infestors you can, then engage what's remaining.

trollface.jpg

V_Arnold

Also, Infestors do not need to Siege up. They just hit and run. Let us not compare the two. If we ONLY look at the damage, Siege tanks are way better. They can be stacked (unlike fungals), they fire "freely", their range is superior (or can be).

But then... let us look at other stuff too.
Infestors are WAAY more mobile.
Infestors can burrow.
Infestors can summon ranged attackers.
Infestors can hurt mass AIR units.

Imagine Siege tanks that would be able to aoe-shoot at mutalisks. And run away if needed, without unsiege time. Now, that is Infestors.

zoukka said:

Still, when you see Destiny beat good players with just mass fucking infestor it feels bad man... feels bad.

the metagame always finds a way.

but yeah, rooting needs to make way for a slow spell.

V_Arnold said:
Also, Infestors do not need to Siege up. They just hit and run. Let us not compare the two. If we ONLY look at the damage, Siege tanks are way better. They can be stacked (unlike fungals), they fire "freely", their range is superior (or can be).

But then... let us look at other stuff too.
Infestors are WAAY more mobile.
Infestors can burrow.
Infestors can summon ranged attackers.
Infestors can hurt mass AIR units.

Imagine Siege tanks that would be able to aoe-shoot at mutalisks. And run away if needed, without unsiege time. Now, that is Infestors.

tl;dir: infestors are pretty good, bro.

Holden

fanboi said:
If you let Stalkers use blink while getting fg, would it help in the bigger battles... I think so atleast.

trust me, you don't want that to happen, that would make protoss fucking OP.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
zoukka said:
Just wait till the Infestor nerf and Destiny will be forgotten instantly. (and dropped from GM).
V_Arnold said:
Agreed. Perfect example of an imba unit-abuser. But at least he talks some shit to everyone in the stream, cause that is 'hip.
t1zo0.jpg

Yoshichan said:
One perfect placed shot in the middle with siege.

http://i.imgur.com/9EfdW.jpg[IMG]

One perfect placed shot in the middle with fungal.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ts4T0.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
one regular ranged 13 attack
one 75 energy 7 range spell.

this might sound crazy, I know, but maybe pure marines are not the be all end all answer.

it's sort-of like if I bitched that my all ling army got raped by colossi.

Yoshichan

Pandaman said:
t1zo0.jpg

one regular ranged 13 attack
one 75 energy 7 range spell.
one is op. one is not.

V_Arnold

mescalineeyes said:
this might sound crazy, I know, but maybe pure marines are not the be all end all answer.

it's sort-of like if I bitched that my all ling army got raped by colossi.

Or you could also realize that the marine screenshot shows damage, nothing else, for easy demonstration. It could have been Colossi lined up there if that helps you, but that is still not the point ;)

mescalineeyes said:
tl;dir: infestors are pretty good, bro.

yeah :D

Yoshichan

mescalineeyes said:
do you play mass marine against mass tanks in tvt? is that viable?
yes. until hellions became op with the latest patch.

V_Arnold said:
Or you could also realize that the marine screenshot shows damage, nothing else, for easy demonstration. It could have been Colossi lined up there if that helps you, but that is still not the point ;)

the point is moot.
Yes, fungal does a shitton of damage. But why take medivacs and unit compositions out of the equation. you can't look at units in a bubble because that's not the way the game works.

V_Arnold

Yoshichan said:
yes. until hellions became op with the latest patch.

Ouch. That is...not good.

mescalineeyes said:
the point is moot.
Yes, fungal does a shitton of damage. But why take medivacs and unit compositions out of the equation. you can't look at units in a bubble because that's not the way the game works.

We could argue about this for hours, ofc. But if mass medivacs are in the equation, they get damaged too, and die to the 2nd or 3rd fungal also :D

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Yoshichan said:
one is op. one is not.
both will sweep an army if left unchecked, one will actually win the game for you. [hint: not the infestor]

zoukka said:

see, it doesn't feel bad here because i know that destiny is also a good player and he's rolling people who are either fucking bad or unfamiliar with the build.

Holden

Pandaman said:
both will sweep an army if left unchecked, one will actually win the game for you. [hint: not the infestor]

see, it doesn't feel bad here because i know that destiny is also a good player and he's rolling people who are either fucking bad or unfamiliar with the build.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

goodone

V_Arnold said:
We could argue about this for hours, ofc. But if mass medivacs are in the equation, they get damaged too, and die to the 2nd or 3rd fungal also :D

so your tanks let infestors get in range to fungal 3 times in a row? that's clearly a different problem.

Holden

fanboi said:
Anyone that goes mass marines against infestors should lose a horrible loss

but, but terran gaffers said that microed marines should win anything!!!!

Pandaman said:
devil can roll you half asleep and chatting during game, talk to me about zvt when you give him a run for his money.

devil been playing since what? day1, i've been playing zerg since? 3 days ago

V_Arnold

mescalineeyes said:
so your tanks let infestors get in range to fungal 3 times in a row? that's clearly a different problem.

So now we are talking about a full tank+medivac+bioball vs sole infestors now? :D
Why not bring other zerg units into the picture then? :D

Hugoboss21 said:
but, but terran gaffers said that microed marines should win anything!!!!

I will never forget when Devil just massed marines against me, and I died to it cause I fell apart sooner or later. It was pre-infestorbuff, but still, the only win I got against him was when I brought Infestors :D

V_Arnold said:
So now we are talking about a full tank+medivac+bioball vs sole infestors now? :D
Why not bring other zerg units into the picture then? :D

sure, why don't we?
or get online and try your oh so beloved infestor army against a competent terran. I ain't scared of that shit.
note: I am not saying I am a competent terran, not by far.

V_Arnold said:
I will never forget when Devil just massed marines against me, and I died to it cause I fell apart sooner or later. It was pre-infestorbuff, but still, the only win I got against him was when I brought Infestors :D

fun fact: Infestors have done the same amount of damage to marines since day 1. the buff doesn't apply.

Striek

I don't think the infestor needs a nerf. I think protoss needs to find a way to be able to secure/defend a third easier to stay up in economy (also feel this vs. terran) - and maybe that needs a patch to happen, maybe not -, but its really slight between PvZ being hard right now, and ZvP being fucking impossible if the blink stalker/archon/templar composition is able to be much more easily reached and protoss players hit their feedbacks.

Terran have the answer to infestors already with tank/marine/ghost and really good ways to limit zerg economy/PFs to secure their own.

fanboi

Banned
mescalineeyes said:
sure, why don't we?
or get online and try your oh so beloved infestor army against a competent terran. I ain't scared of that shit.
note: I am not saying I am a competent terran, not by far.

fun fact: Infestors have done the same amount of damage to marines since day 1. the buff doesn't apply.

But DPS has increased, easier to FG again

V_Arnold

mescalineeyes said:

I know that. Why wouldnt I? :p
Just said when it was so I can explain why I was not getting used to techin' Infestors :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom