• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niblet

EG management knows what they're doing. They wouldn't just send Huk, Idra and Puma to train by their lonesome. They'll be training with koreans, else EG management am stupid.

Btw I love how they're saying its a training facility. When I picture a training facility, I think of USA olympic training facilities. In reality this is probably an apartment in Seoul.

Birdman02

Ikuu said:
Unless EG gets a partnership with a Korean team not sure how having IdrA and HuK in Korea matters, IdrA didn't have anyone to practice with before and HuK only got good due to the oGs house.

Well, they've got Puma too, so at least each race is represented. You're right though...I was expecting some type of partnership with a Korean team, but maybe that will come soon.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Niblet said:
EG management knows what they're doing. They wouldn't just send Huk, Idra and Puma to train by their lonesome. That wouldn't be a smart move.
They signed IdrA and had him there on his own for like 10 months or whatever.

With his Liquid contract expiring, we decided that we didn't want to spend another year looking in from the outside. After receiving permission from Victor "Nazgul" Goossens, the owner of Liquid, we entered negotiations with HuK, and quickly came to a verbal agreement. After several weeks, and multiple discussions with HuK, his new contract with EG was finalized. Subsequently, after speaking with Nazgul, EG purchased the remainder of his current contract from Liquid.

Going to post this every time someone mentions EG "poaching" HuK.

V_Arnold

Idra hell yeah.
I always felt that being alone in an apartment, practicing only in that dumb korean ladder was not the best way for Idra to shine. He was and still is in desperate need for a STRICT coach to laugh at him and scold when he instagg-s after every single dumb loss and teaches him how to go into games.

Imagine Idra in HUK's position in TL/OGS house. Yeah, insane. Not even Devil could honestly deny that Idra would be the best foreigner easily and one of the best with that practice opportunity. And now, if he has proper teammates to pracice with, and maybe some coach even, that is the perfect place to be for Idra.

hamchan

V_Arnold said:
Idra hell yeah.
I always felt that being alone in an apartment, practicing only in that dumb korean ladder was not the best way for Idra to shine. He was and still is in desperate need for a STRICT coach to laugh at him and scold when he instagg-s after every single dumb loss and teaches him how to go into games.

Imagine Idra in HUK's position in TL/OGS house. Yeah, insane. Not even Devil could honestly deny that Idra would be the best foreigner easily and one of the best with that practice opportunity. And now, if he has proper teammates to pracice with, and maybe some coach even, that is the perfect place to be for Idra.

The best foreigner or one of the best foreigners? If "one of the best" I wouldn't disagree but THE best? No one can say anything definite like that.

This guy is going to be happy that his friend is coming back to Korea:

63rQK.png

Zzoram

I wonder how much money EG offered Idra and PuMa. Idra probably got the least because the scene wasn't as developed when he was signed.

I'm assuming Huk got the best deal, maybe $80,000+ salary for one year plus travel expenses.

After all, Huk's salary was described as life changing, so it must be serious bank. As probably the best white guy in the world, I'm sure many teams were looking to acquire Huk. I bet Huk's salary is the highest on EG by a significant amount because he has the most value for drawing white fans.

American/European sponsors have likely been waiting in the wings to make a bigger move into SC2. They've just been waiting for some white players that can consistently rival Koreans so they actually put their money behind someone that isn't regarded as a minor league player.

Idra was supposed to be that guy, but he's been dominated by Koreans non-stop for months now, while Huk has consistently stayed in Code S.

Niblet

ezrarh said:
If the rumors of a 6 figure salary is true, I would really like to know where EG gets their money.
As far as I know, no one in any position to legitimately speculate or rumor drop his salary has done so. The six-figure speculation literally came from radoms in the TL thread. Of course, it could be a 6-figure salary, but we have nothing to go on other than uninformed speculation.

Also, EG draws in sponsors, gets money.

ezrarh

cubicle47b said:
They're called sponsors.

No shit they get sponsors. EG doesn't come off as that popular of a team to justify potentially 500k+ budgets on just the SC2 team alone. I guess the sponsors think the the team has enough market penetration for it to be worthwhile.

Ikuu said:
Unless EG gets a partnership with a Korean team not sure how having IdrA and HuK in Korea matters, IdrA didn't have anyone to practice with before and HuK only got good due to the oGs house.
At least Huk and Puma have connections and good relationship with other pro gamers not like Idra who acted like an idiot and called any one who didn't triple expand against him in stepps of war on ladder a fa***t

V_Arnold said:
I see no basis for this statement at all. Care to share the facts that lead you to this conclusion ?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
That picture = WOW!!!!

Dooraven

It must have been a big lump sum of cash to move out of oGs-TL. Huk on oGs-TL was essentially MC's protege. GL to Huk at EG, hopefully this doesn't detriment his development as a player.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Did they say anywhere that idra will be doing gsl stuff again or is he there just for training/ladder?

Its good that he left America, he wasnt getting what he needed to become better and the EG house wasnt going to improve him much anyway.

Sad to see huk go ;;

Deadly

In terms of environment, yeah, the oGs-TL house will be much better than this EG house they're going to have. The only thing that Huk is gaining from all this is of course the huge salary.

How's Idra going back to Korea going to work anyways? He was Code S when he left but I doubt they're just going to give him back a spot...

Q8D3vil

TheThunder said:
After this that big ass house in AZ seems like a waste
it will fit incontrol big ass perfectly.

fuck idra, zenio is the real deal man.
idra can only wish that he can reach his level now.

V_Arnold

Corran Horn said:
It would be funny if he couldnt get past Code A.

All the koreans are going to whining about his BM again lol

Koreans improved on BM since he has left, the marine/ling dance, the manner mule/nexuses are much more dominant nowadays :p

Q8D3vil

Hugoboss21 said:
hahahahah devil, such an EG hater
i don't just hate eg, i hate all the teams that have useless players they don't deserve to get a paycheck.

so guess i hate all of the foreign teams except mouz and empire.

ezrarh said:
No shit they get sponsors. EG doesn't come off as that popular of a team to justify potentially 500k+ budgets on just the SC2 team alone. I guess the sponsors think the the team has enough market penetration for it to be worthwhile.

You ask a dumb question, you get a dumb answer. EG has more sponsors (and some of the biggest) than any other team in SC2. Apparently they're very good at maintaining business relationships.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom