• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zzoram

This announcement better be insanely huge.

Given that Broodwar contracts are expiring soon...

EGBisu?

EG needs a good Protoss. They have Idra for Zerg and Puma for Terran.

Haunted

The TL thread is a hilarious carnival of stupid, but it's not as fulfilling to troll because they are so many dumb people over there.

It's too easy.

MrKnives said:
Then we just have completely different opinions on what is low profile.

Apparently. A website countdown for something and a message on Twitter from Idra saying "it was fun". I can't fucking contain myself, this better be huge.

nitric0

No luck finding a 2v2 partner :(
Anyone interested? I'm a plat/diamond level protoss

League: 2v2 Platinum/Diamond
Region: US/Canada

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
As an outsider, I have a question. What % of people still playing this game do you think follow the competitive scene?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
867-5309 said:
Must have been your Euro doppelganger... He's probably hanging out with Belle Eve right now.

"Oh Panda, how you've changed..."
ZpxL9.png

HOLD ME BACK BRO.

BO7, NEXT WEEK, NA SERVER.
YOU TELL THAT FOOL HE'S DEAD. DEAD.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Tntnnbltn said:
Panda is US GAF...

And his ID is PandaGAF...

But if it was some scrub Gold leaguer then I can understand the mix-up
it was probably zoukka pretending to me in order to feel some of my glory.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I knew I would be caught sooner or later :(

azmN5.png

Keikaku

jasonng said:
I mean if someone had to imitate one of us NA Gaffers, I would've picked a better zerg.

I know, right? I would have thought that either Elcheris or Moemoland would have been the more obvious choices. Maybe even PhoenixDark.

Q8D3vil said:
i don't think idra will quit sc2, even if he don't deserve it he is getting shitton of money.
hopefully he quit sc2

quitting sc2 would leave a hole in Idra's soul

Seriously though, being an ESPORTS celebrity must be pretty awesome.

Vaporak

jasonng said:
This peace sign shit's got to stop. It's not cute, it makes you look like a weeabo dweeb.

The 2 fingers "peace sign" is an incredibly popular gesture to do in photographs in Asia, he's just fitting in.

Haunted

Reading TL speculation threads is always good for a jolly ol' laff.

The only threads that are even more entertaining are BW vs SC2 and shitting on lol.

Corran Horn said:
I wonder how that word even got the meaning it has today starting from that comic. >_>

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Haunted said:
I wonder how that word even got the meaning it has today starting from that comic. >_>

Origin

The antecedent word “Wapanese” (as in Wannabe Japanese) was most likely introduced in the early 2000s, with the earliest instance on Google search dating back to June 30, 2002.

Wapanese: a slur used to describe a white person who is obssesed with japanese culture. This would include manga/hentai/and anime.

- The Racial Slur Database, 2002

From late 2003 and onwards, usage of Wapanese became alarmingly visible on 4chan, often leading to unpleasant exchanges between anime/manga fans and those who were far less interested in their subcultures.

At the peak of its abuse in mid-2005, 4chan moderators devised a creative intervention using the word-filter, replacing every instance of Wapanese with “Weeaboo,” which was a fictitious term originally coined by Nicholas Gurewitch in his Perry Bible Fellowship comic strip (date unknown, comic #62):

In its original context, the word “weeaboo” doesn’t signify anything but something undesirable and deserving punishment. Since then, many 4chan visitors adopted the word “Weeaboo” in replacement of Wapanese.
n

Ought to do a reality TV show centered on EG that would be rad.

They actually had some in Korea for those teams. I remember one following Yarnc and Luxury's team, Hite SPARKYZ.

Deadman

I dunno if this was posted in the gsl thread (im not going in because ive not watched yet) but saw this on reddit:
[–]Heosat 31 points 1 hour ago

Farewell HuK.
[–]midjet 7 points 1 hour ago

You be trolling?

[–]Heosat 29 points 1 hour ago*

Nope. That was his final game for Liquid.

Edit: Note, I have no idea what EG are doing with their "unknown" page. It is truly bizarre and perplexing and I look forward to their announcement as much as anyone else.

Heosat is TLAF owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom