• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrKnives

So.
Have this been posted already?

HuK to EG, IdrA to Korea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ySMaqXQPgY

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=255528

btwBU.jpg

Q8D3vil said:
i don't just hate eg, i hate all the teams that have useless players they don't deserve to get a paycheck.

so guess i hate all of the foreign teams except mouz and empire.

dignitas says hi.

also, I don't see why the community even cares about this. So HuK has a different clantag. And he makes more money. boo fucking hoo.

MrKnives

mescalineeyes said:
dignitas says hi.

also, I don't see why the community even cares about this. So HuK has a different clantag. And he makes more money. boo fucking hoo.

Because people like to root for teams too? What is there to understand :>

ultron87

mescalineeyes said:
dignitas says hi.

A lot of people identify with TL (since that's where the community is based essentially) and dislike EG for whatever reason (Idra, Incontrol, massive piles of money, etc).

So I could see people being upset about a player they like switching between those two teams.

zargle

If EG were to try to form a partnership with a Korean team, say for the team league or more specific practice partners, which team would be most likely?

Home

mescalineeyes said:
dignitas says hi.

It's just like pro-sports. People hate it when their favourite player leaves their favourite team, even when it's in the best interest of that player.

As long as incontrol keeps his mouth shut I love rooting for EG :p

Q8D3vil

MrKnives said:
He is just a manager, not a player
he is listed as player in their site though.
anyway, i guess they are a decent team too.
TL and EG in the other need to get rid of their shitty players (tyler, haypro, axlav, strifecro, incontrol and lz).

syllogism

Q8D3vil said:
TL and EG in the other need to get rid of their shitty players (tyler, haypro, axlav, strifecro, incontrol and lz).
Why?

MrKnives

Q8D3vil said:

Incontrol is worth a lot to EG, even if he sucks. Hate him or love him but he gets a lot attention to EG so I doubt they will ever get rid of him.

I hate to say it but I agree even on Tyler. I just wish he would get better so they can keep him.
One thing you have to consider is that those player probably don't make a lot of salary and when is the last time you saw strifeco outside of US?
Not like they are spending a lot of money on them.

TL is different though. Haypro is losing in every small event there is.

syllogism said:
And Jinro, TLO and even Sheth...

Sheth just got 2nd in NA battle.net invitational and won a ticket to Blizzcon tournament. He is doing better than Jinro and TLO. Jinro is still in Code A so that's also good.

Q8D3vil

Sheth just got 2nd in NA battle.net invitational and won a ticket to Blizzcon tournament. He is doing better than Jinro and TLO. Jinro is still in Code A so that's also good.
jinro dropped out from code a this season.

dunno, i guess we have to wait and see if eg and tl will renew their contract with these players.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
syllogism said:
And Jinro, TLO and even Sheth...
sheths had one event since joining liquid and he's won $10k and a ticket to blizzcon. >_>

lets not lower him to the tyler, tlo, haypor, jinro levels.

for perspective, in that one event sheth has won more money than jinro in all of 2011.

Deadman

Whenever tylers contract comes up for renew will be interesting. When he joined tl he was one of the best bw foreigners so he will presumably have got a good deal. Now he openly says he doesnt even practice anymore. At least the others try.

Keikaku

If the money behind the contract buyout and new contract is enough to be "life-changing", I can't say I can find any fault with HuK moving to EG. He's looking to maximize the amount of money he can make off a pro-gaming career and if this helps him reach his goal (whatever that is) he should go for it.

EG seems to have done everything right too, so can't say I can find anything wrong with this. So long as HuK's practice doesn't suffer this is a good move all around :D

I'm kind of shocked. I didn't know EG would offer such a large sum; I suppose it's small change to them given their sponsors.

I can't help but think the Ogs house would be better for Huk, but then again if you're driven it might not matter; Jinro has regressed in the Ogs house over the same period of time, even with Terran dominating in Korea. Huk will have one of the best Terrans in Puma to practice with, and I'm sure other Koreans will wind up in the house. Idra will definitely improve with a top Protoss to practice with now.

What happens with the AZ house now? Removing Idra won't help guys like InControl and Machine. They'll have DeMuslim there though, and he's a good Terran despite lackluster results.

TL will be fine with Ret, Sheth, and HerO

MrKnives

Pandaman said:
sheths had one event since joining liquid and he's won $10k and a ticket to blizzcon. >_>

lets not lower him to the tyler, tlo, haypor, jinro levels.

for perspective, in that one event sheth has won more money than jinro in all of 2011.

I think it's safe to say that Sheth won more money with that one win than Jinro, Tyler, Haypro and TLO together?

Jinro won 5k from MLG. Tyler hasn't won anything. Haypro won some small tournament with couple hundred bucks and TLO won couple of grand?

ezrarh

cubicle47b said:
You ask a dumb question, you get a dumb answer. EG has more sponsors (and some of the biggest) than any other team in SC2. Apparently they're very good at maintaining business relationships.

Well maybe I should have phrased it differently because obviously I didn't mean it like that. It was more of a statement on how can they get these sponsors to dish out the big bucks when they apparently can only get good players by buying them out after they get good with another team. I imagine the sponsor meetings go something like this "guys, we aren't very good at making our current players better so we're gonna need more money to get the guys with actual skill." I'm just amazed at the amount of money they can get when it doesn't seem like they have the market penetration to make it worthwhile.

jersoc

sweet that Idra is going back to Korea. I wonder if gom will let him seed into at least Code A then. EG is poised to destroy the foreign scene.

V_Arnold

ezrarh said:
Well maybe I should have phrased it differently because obviously I didn't mean it like that. It was more of a statement on how can they get these sponsors to dish out the big bucks when they apparently can only get good players by buying them out after they get good with another team. I imagine the sponsor meetings go something like this "guys, we aren't very good at making our current players better so we're gonna need more money to get the guys with actual skill." I'm just amazed at the amount of money they can get when it doesn't seem like they have the market penetration to make it worthwhile.

Sponsors does not care how good your players are.
Idra is still the most well-known name in the foreign scene, he still has the biggest fanbase. EG players appear everywhere from shows to VOD's, EVERYWHERE. And they have quite enough controversy also to generate additional views.

They are in the spotlight. And THAT is what matters.

In terms of Team Liquid, TLO is fine because he's still so beloved in Europe and NA to a lesser extent, and has an excuse for his current inability to practice as much. He'll always be a great goodwill ambassador for the team.

Haypro needs to go and something really needs to be done about Tyler. Doing nothing while he's so openly not practicing at all is just enabling his mental state at this point. He's the best player who doesn't play the game at all at this point. Who know's whats going on behind the scenes, though.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ezrarh said:
how you get good players isnt that important.

training a good player and paying him big bucks is no different from buying a big player for big bucks.

either way the sponsors name is associated with a good player with alot of exposure.
and eg does exposure very well.

StopMakingSense said:
In terms of Team Liquid, TLO is fine because he's still so beloved in Europe and NA to a lesser extent, and has an excuse for his current inability to practice as much. He'll always be a great goodwill ambassador for the team.

Haypro needs to go and something really needs to be done about Tyler. Doing nothing while he's so openly not practicing at all is just enabling his mental state at this point. He's the best player who doesn't play the game at all at this point. Who know's whats going on behind the scenes, though.

When will this meme die. If Tyler couldn't win with Toss being overpowered he can't win at all.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
PhoenixDark said:
When will this meme die. If Tyler couldn't win with Toss being overpowered he can't win at all.
hey i was big in bw! ezpz sc2 players are all scrubs! i just dont win because i dont want to!

its the biggest joke nobodies got yet.

PhoenixDark said:
When will this meme die. Tyler is not good.

I meant that more in that there aren't really any other Pro's who don't practice as much as he doesn't. Was not meant to be an actual measure of how good of a player he is now or the hypothetical Tyler that exists now but if he was was practicing.

MrKnives

Awesome Animals said:
Haha, you look dumb :p

Well that's mean :(
Not everyone can care about Jinro's results enough to remember and even that I only remember because he bragged with them in one of the TL thread.

And nobody still answered what Tyler or Haypro won to get the money? I'm actually curious, I know Haypro won something small over MaNa and their inhouse tournament (pity win?) but I don't remember Tyler winning anything or getting close to money spots.

Zzoram

867-5309 said:
If EG were to try to form a partnership with a Korean team, say for the team league or more specific practice partners, which team would be most likely?

I'm going to go ahead and say that no Korean team will partner with EG as they would risk getting their best players poached.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom