• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deadly said:
If he really has that 6 digit salary, he'll have a pretty good sum considering he's 22. It'll depend more on what he does after his progamer career.

It will help make his life easier, but he won't be set. He will still need a decent job to supplement any amount he will have saved from playing Starcraft. Although I think any salary above $40,000 is ridiculous (I'm implying this alone, and not including streaming revenue, endorsements, tournament winnings, etc).

ultron87

Corran Horn said:
artosis.gif

I love how you can see him look down at his screen to find the zoom in button and then back up to make the face.

The video of that moment is already up on Youtube if anyone didn't watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm3z4f0BAwk

hamchan

Dooraven said:
soo apparently Zenex is disbanding. :(

Hopefully Hack, Puzzle and Byun get picked up by good teams

What the hell is going on!?!

Goddamn E-sports is falling apart.

WeMadeFox released Lyn, Moon and Soccer as well wtf.

I just made Platinum with Terran after 1 week of playing.
I am fairly proud of myself. Haven't played Terran almost at all since the beta, where I almost never played.

That being said, I have all the awful Protosses on ladder to thank. So bad.

Dooraven

Forigen teams should really invest in Korean teams. CoL and FXO probably saved MVP and fOu (FXO definitley saved fOu, since fOu were struggling so badly without sponsors).

The teams that are in better fiscal situation are: Slayers, Startale, IM and oGs.

Haunted

Devil still hasn't made the IEM thread yet? dKiller playing vs Kas (and SangHo isn't doing so hot in his group, lost against Select and barely won 2-1 against Socke).

Deadman said:
Its such a strange situation that korea has all the players and none of the money.
we're going to poach their best players and starve out the rest of them muahahahaha

Q8D3vil

Haunted said:
Devil still hasn't made the IEM thread yet? dKiller playing vs Kas (and SangHo isn't doing so hot in his group, lost against Select and barely won 2-1 against Socke).

we're going to poach their best players and starve out the rest of them muahahahaha
you can do it >_>
i don't trust my creating threads ability at all.

zoukka

mescalineeyes said:
I am fairly proud of myself. Haven't played Terran almost at all since the beta, where I almost never played.

I know. Make a few raxes, research stim and kill everything.

Why can't Blizz give us different ladders for each race, I want to play fresh with my off-races too D:

zoukka said:
I know. Make a few raxes, research stim and kill everything.

Why can't Blizz give us different ladders for each race, I want to play fresh with my off-races too D:

It almost seems like it would be a great idea to let people make as many accounts as they want. So they can have a main account, and then a bunch of smurf accounts to mess around with!

Awesome Animals said:
It almost seems like it would be a great idea to let people make as many accounts as they want. So they can have a main account, and then a bunch of smurf accounts to mess around with!
That would break the ladder system with smurfing (yea, I know it's the whole Bnet 1.0 > 2.0 meme).

I think one smurf account would have been more than enough.

Jeff-DSA

mescalineeyes said:

If I lose to a Protoss and I'm not just caught off guard by some stupid cheese, I feel as if I've truly failed. It's crazy how bad the Protoss play is on the ladder right now. I bet you that you could get a 90% win rate by just sitting back and maxing up while waiting for them to push their 200/200 army into you. When it shows, you EMP it, win the engagement, and counterpush.

Maybe Korea needs a Kespsa type organization, this shit is ridiculous. Right now there's little point in renewing contracts since it boils down to hours of practice and no money. Until BW dies or someone decides to take a business risk and start another league, SC2 will continue to flounder in Korea. Which will allow EG and other foreigner teams to sign more talent

Haunted

PhoenixDark said:
Maybe Korea needs a Kespsa type organization, this shit is ridiculous. Right now there's little point in renewing contracts since it boils down to hours of practice and no money. Until BW dies or someone decides to take a business risk and start another league, SC2 will continue to flounder in Korea. Which will allow EG and other foreigner teams to sign more talent
SC2con is trying to be like Kespa, but there is no position of power they can operate from. It's well-known that Kespa exploits BW players and forces their will on all teams/players they "represent" because they can enforce harsh penalties.

SC2con tried to do the same in SC2 (and probably have done so until now) but they suddenly hit a wall when they tried that shit on FXO because it's an international organisation with the money to take a stand.

PhoenixDark said:

Why limit to just Korea?

syllogism

"Umm... guys I was trolling... Zenex isnt dissolving..

You guys should probably learn to stop creating drama into huge dramas ~_~.. Sorry for my poor humour." -fxopen

Q8D3vil

syllogism said:

You guys should probably learn to stop creating drama into huge dramas ~_~.. Sorry for my poor humour." -fxopen

wtf..........

Haunted

syllogism said:

trololol

del got on the company account again, eh?

(._.)

Banned
I'm sorta worried for HuK. Him joing EG is awesome because they have two other really solid player. THing is though will he be able to train well there? MC helped him so much like the rest of the oGs team. Will HuK still be able to hone his skills without the much more skilled oGs team?

(._.) said:
I'm sorta worried for HuK. Him joing EG is awesome because they have two other really solid player. THing is though will he be able to train well there? MC helped him so much like the rest of the oGs team. Will HuK still be able to hone his skills without the much more skilled oGs team?

People don't train with just their teams. I'm sure HuK has friends that would practice with him assuming there were no conflicts.

IceMarker

perryfarrell said:
Mumble has a 75 user limit.

Currently the HoN and LoL contingents are trolling each other, frantically creating sub-groups within the Dota2 channel. Good times
I missed your voice dizzy

SeigO

Banned
(._.) said:
I remember reading from one of the guys that left Korea (TLO or Ret, I think) that the TL guys received less attention in the OGS house. They had a looser regimen and the coaches dealt with them less when it came to scheduled practice partners + coaching.

So maybe it's not that big of a deal if he leaves.

Zzoram

Korea is in disarray. It seems that the people managing most of the SC2 teams don't actually know how to manage a team or run a business. They're failing to get sponsors and they're failing to agree to a code of conduct on how to buy/sell/trade players.

Sad to say it but SC2 might need KeSPA to get things in order.

Zzoram

SeigO said:
I remember reading from one of the guys that left Korea (TLO or Ret, I think) that the TL guys received less attention in the OGS house. They had a looser regimen and the coaches dealt with them less when it came to scheduled practice partners + coaching.

So maybe it's not that big of a deal if he leaves.

The oGs coach wasn't as strict on the TL guys because they weren't his to be strict with.

However, the TL guys had full access to oGs practice partners. Once Huk is out of the house, his access to oGs practice partners will be limited.

It sounds like with the fOu and FXO teams merging into 1, next season of GSTL has room for an EG team. If EG is playing against oGs-TL then Huk certainly won't be able to expect much oGs help with training.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom