• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q8D3vil

Rubashov said:
Slayers_Dragon's stream is too much fun. He's currently trolling through Platinum. I'm not getting shit done today.

http://sv.twitch.tv/slayersdragon
i really don't understand smurfing and trolling lower league players.
if he is man enough he should troll his own league (which i saw him do btw :p), but still i don't understand trolling players that way inferior than you.

BigAT

So I bought a box of Hot Pockets to get on that deal where you get a free HQ stream for MLG Raleigh, but the box I bought wasn't even one of the specially marked ones that contains a code. That was one mistake. My second, and significantly bigger, mistake was actually eating the Hot Pockets.

Haunted

BigAT said:
So I bought a box of Hot Pockets to get on that deal where you get a free HQ stream for MLG Raleigh, but the box I bought wasn't even one of the specially marked ones that contains a code. That was one mistake. My second, and significantly bigger, mistake was actually eating the Hot Pockets.
Did you stick a fork in those buns?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Rubashov said:
Slayers_Dragon's stream is too much fun. He's currently trolling through Platinum. I'm not getting shit done today.

http://sv.twitch.tv/slayersdragon
That felt sooo good. Now HE'S the one getting trolled at by a diamond/masters.

edit: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Rubashov

Yoshichan said:
That felt sooo good. Now HE'S the one getting trolled at by a diamond/masters.

edit: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Yea he must been getting stream sniped like crazy. No way this many people in a row recognize him on this account.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Really doesn't matter, lol... he's micro is insane.

BigAT said:
Good morning! You're about to call in sick.

BigAT

Forgotten_Taco said:
Good morning! You're about to call in sick.
If there isn't blood in my shit later, I will consider it a victory. The worst part is I've since found out that you don't even need to buy Hot Pockets to get the deal, they give away codes for it on their site.

Is there some reason that if you have all of your Hatcheries on one hotkey and you build multiple Queens, the game REFUSES to build any out of the Lair? It will sooner queue up 2-3 Queens from a single Hatch then spread it out to the Lair. This has always come off as real fucking stupid to me.

WedgeX

Banned
BigAT said:
If there isn't blood in my shit later, I will consider it a victory. The worst part is I've since found out that you don't even need to buy Hot Pockets to get the deal, they give away codes for it on their site.

Is there some reason that if you have all of your Hatcheries on one hotkey and you build multiple Queens, the game REFUSES to build any out of the Lair? It will sooner queue up 2-3 Queens from a single Hatch then spread it out to the Lair. This has always come off as real fucking stupid to me.

The game pulls the same shenanigans with building scvs out of orbitals but not planetary fortresses on the same hotkey.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
BigAT said:

it assumes that the lair wil be your first hatchery and belong to your first queen. new bases that need queens will be hatch tech.

Won

WedgeX said:
The game pulls the same shenanigans with building scvs out of orbitals but not planetary fortresses on the same hotkey.

I always forget to hotkey PFs. Good to know nothing was lost because of it.

Yoshichan

Corran Horn said:
Dont want to mix ghosts in with your marines to confuse your T key?
Exactly.

Yoshichan

Yoshichan

Yeah, I really, really need to fix my 2. But I've gotten used to it ._.

bRUhT.png

Yoshichan

forget get ponies, how can someone play the game with a brown hud!

Vaporak

1) Zealots, sentries, immortals, Archons
2) Stalkers
3) important micro unit #1
4) important micro unit #2
5) scouting units
6) forge/cyber core
7) Robo
8) Stargate
9) Gateways
0) Nexus

Striek

Vaporak said:
1) Zealots, sentries, immortals, Archons
2) Stalkers
3) important micro unit #1
4) important micro unit #2
5) scouting units
6) forge/cyber core
7) Robo
8) Stargate
9) Gateways
0) Nexus
o_O how does this setup end up working in an actual game :p

Deadman

T
1 army
4 every production facility, tab between to make stuff
5 cc

P
1 army
4 robo
5 nexus
6 stargate
w gates

z
1 lings
2 banes
3 muta
4 main hatch
5 hatches
6 queens

or in zvz and zvp everything is on 1.

Tntnnbltn

Protoss
1 Army
2 Nexus
3 Forge
Q Warpgates
A Robo Facility
Z Stargates

Terran
1 Army
A CC/Orbitals
3 Rax
4 Factories
Z Starport

Zerg
1 Army
2, 3, 4, etc Queens
A Hatcheries

Standard.
Edit: I don't care if that's not the most efficient way of injecting.

Vaporak

Striek said:
o_O how does this setup end up working in an actual game :p

Very well. I basically never have my zealots, sentries, or immortals bugging out behind my stalkers for one. :p And all the production being on the later half of the number keys is just an old habit from way back in broodwar that I've taken with me to every RTS since.

ezrarh

Front row seats for IPL for 200. You also get VIP access to the players lounge. That and you have to reserve your hotel rooms at Caesar's which is apparently the cheapest around. 50 dollars for normal seats. (no hotel room reservation required) I think that's reasonable for the limited seats. Man, if I had known a tiny bit earlier I would definitely have gone. Starcraft 2 and alcohol and gambling, man that would be a blast.

BigAT

ezrarh said:
Front row seats for IPL for 200. You also get VIP access to the players lounge. That and you have to reserve your hotel rooms at Caesar's which is apparently the cheapest around. 50 dollars for normal seats. (no hotel room reservation required) I think that's reasonable for the limited seats. Man, if I had known a tiny bit earlier I would definitely have gone. Starcraft 2 and alcohol and gambling, man that would be a blast.
That's awesome that IPL is holding this in AC. I think I might drive down for it.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
ezrarh said:
Its a nice environment. Would be cool to see a vegas one too etc.

Or a god damn Bay Area MLG event or big LAN! ;;

Karl2177

I was watching some of the cinematics again, and damn. The voice actor for Arcturus Mengsk is amazing. The lines were a bit cheesy, but he made them sound badass.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
And here I thought only Protoss could do this.

V3Fgx.jpg

Q8D3vil

my hotkey setup

TvT
1 army plus tanks
2 tanks for siege mod
3 Air units
4 cc/pfs
5 Rax
6 Factory
7 Starport
8 Upgrades

TvP
1 army
2 Ghost
3 Air units
4 cc/pfs
5 Rax
6 Factory
7 Starport
8 Upgrades

TvZ
1 army
2 tanks
3 air units
4 cc/pfs
5 Rax
6 Factory
7 Starport
8 Upgrades

Pancakes said:
And here I thought only Protoss could do this.

V3Fgx.jp
korean gm trolling plat players in na, yeah....

hamchan

Control Groups:
1 Bio/Hellions
2 Tanks
3 Air Units
4 CCs
5 Barracks
6 Factory
7 Starport
0 Upgrades

I don't play your crappy protoss/zerg races!

Striek

Gawd, everyone utilising so many hotkeys (except panda, lolz).

1 Army
2 Early on scout then Special Units (air units mostly, occasionally templar/infestor/ghost/medivac drops)
3 Production for Terran/Protoss
4 Queens if Zerg
5 Bases

W Warpgates

Like a boss.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
1 Bulk of Army
2 Key units in early part of game (zealots mostly)
3 Air units / HTs / First Obs / First Scout. (HT move to 2 if I have air and HTs)
4 All Nexus
5 Robo
6 Stargate
7 8 9 I dont really use besides maybe late game obs or structures.
0 Forges

I want to mess around with custom hotkeys but lazy to relearn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom