• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

syllogism

Idra isn't even going to korea until like late october or november, and the current plan is that he only stays for a month or two. I doubt EG will have a gstl team, unless it's another partnership

syllogism said:
Idra isn't even going to korea until like late october or november, and the current plan is that he only stays for a month or two. I doubt EG will have a gstl team, unless it's another partnership
What's the point of going just for a month or two ?

especially since it sounds like he's going after the global tournament season is over so it won't be a real boot camp to anything.

As for Korean teams, oGs, Slayers, Startale and IM seems to be set with good sponsor, the rest are in trouble. Good thing that fou and mvp were saved by foreign teams, It probably wouldn't be a bad deal if EG partnered up with Prime since they don't have a sponsor anymore.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Its sad that Iccup.tv had to disband into a new group outside of Iccup because of blizzard :/

They are now allowed to cover the chinese battlenet tourny, live now.

Deadly

Corran Horn said:
Its sad that Iccup.tv had to disband into a new group outside of Iccup because of blizzard :/

They are now allowed to cover the chinese battlenet tourny, live now.
What? what happened?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Deadly said:
What? what happened?
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=255646

Basically blizzard told Iccup.diamond he could not cover the Chinese battle.net blizzcon tourny due to Iccup being a BW illegal server. Plus I guess iccup didnt support the iccup.tv much.

So I immediately (3am my time) started reaching out the Blizzard branches all over the world: China, Korea, North America, and Europe to try and find a solution to the problem. We came to an agreement that leaving iCCup and the iCCup TV name behind would allow us to return to covering the event.

Deadly

Huh, that's a bummer... At least they still exist in some way though.

Speaking of pirated servers though, what happened to that chinese LAN hack?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Change of plans, looks like I'm missing GAF night again.

Curse you socialization!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Deadly said:
Huh, that's a bummer... At least they still exist in some way though.

Speaking of pirated servers though, what happened to that chinese LAN hack?
it works and was translated to english.

jasonng

Oh hi guys, it's the time of the week again. That's right, it's...

lOAXv.png

I think this is either the last week or maybe next week of the summer before classes start. Perhaps some of you already started classes. Either way, this week and next week is the last chance for some of us to play before our schedules get hectic. Hope you guys can make an appearance and help each other out before we rip our hair out because of the ladder woes. Also, rumor has it that some Team Gaf members may be leaving for another team. Speculations tonight!

For myself, I may need to head out early or not show up at all. I have to finish packing and get up early for my trip to Montreal. Yes, I will hunt down Panda, Mcrae, Splinter, and those fucks and poke holes in their bagged milks.

The Weekly NeoGAF Starcraft II Nights
-Wednesdays starting @ 6pm PDT (9pm EST)
-Game types:
<1v1>
<1v1 obs>
<1v1 coaching>
<2v2>
<3v3>
<4v4>
<FFA>
<Custom Maps>
<Nuclear Arcade>
<Megaton Team Monobattles>
<MorroW's Micro Tournament>

Mumble + Stream
-Corran's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/corran666
-Hazard's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/vggaming
-Vaultrin's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/vaultrin21

MUMBLE INFORMATION:
Main server: IP = chi.eoreality.net and port = 64739
Backup server: IP = 67.23.187.114 and port = 20198
Download Here: http://mumble.sourceforge.net/

Corran Horn said:
Whats karma? I dont really know reddit/etc type shit. I posted the link on the trolltosis thread and its on top.

Reddit points. You get Link Karma for submitting links that get upvoted and Comment Karma for submitting comments that get upvoted.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
jasonng said:
For myself, I may need to head out early or not show up at all. I have to finish packing and get up early for my trip to Montreal. Yes, I will hunt down Panda, Mcrae, Splinter, and those fucks and poke holes in their bagged milks.

Doing god's work my friend.

Corran Horn said:
Whats karma? I dont really know reddit/etc type shit. I posted the link on the trolltosis thread and its on top.

Imaginary internet points used to measure one's e-peen on Reddit.

jasonng

Pandaman said:
me, mcrae and splinter all live within an hour of each other, thats not a huge accomplishment.
Sorry, you'll have repeat that. I couldn't hear you from the sound of milk spilling all over your fridges.

cdyhybrid

Finally beat a Zerg :D First time I've used mech on the ladder and it worked quite well. He expanded pretty slowly so I don't think he was very good, but we're both in Plat so I'll take it! I thought I was so far behind but then I looked back at my base and realized I forgot to set rally points for two of my factories T.T I had like 3 Thors and 5 Siege Tanks just sitting there. Pushed out, killed his third, pushed into the nat and he GGed :D

Heeyyyyyyyy guys.

So I bought Starcraft II at launch, but I sort of gave up when my friends got way more into competitive play than I cared to (and I hated the campaign). Today, I figured I'd reinstall the game, since I genuinely enjoyed the multiplayer outside of the fact that my friends were using me as a punching bag :lol

Anyway, two questions:

1. am I fucked if I try and play online? Is casual play even possible?

2. Is there any goddamn anti-aliasing yet?

BigAT

BigJiantRobut said:
Heeyyyyyyyy guys.

So I bought Starcraft II at launch, but I sort of gave up when my friends got way more into competitive play than I cared to (and I hated the campaign). Today, I figured I'd reinstall the game, since I genuinely enjoyed the multiplayer outside of the fact that my friends were using me as a punching bag :lol

Anyway, two questions:

You should be able to get even ranked opponents on the ladder. You just need to remember that the it might take a few games for it to place you appropriately. Just accept that you will get beat up for a bit, but don't worry about it. You actually might want to purposely lose a few games in a row so you get placed at the bottom.

BigJiantRobut said:
No. Yes, definitely. If things seem rough at first, just hang in there for a bit until Blizzard figures out how terrible you are.

jasonng

BigJiantRobut said:
Heeyyyyyyyy guys.

Anyway, two questions:

I always tell this to newcomers, just join the NeoGaf channel and get mumble. Someone can help you coach. Even then it's better to lose to us because we can review afterwards to see what you did wrong and what you can improve.

If you strictly want to stay casual, then ladder will eventually pit you against evenly matched opponents. There are also custom games so you can't rule out bnet completely.

MrKnives

BigJiantRobut said:
oh :( oh well it's still a fun game even if it looks like legos

What monitor do you have? I have 24" and I use only high/medium and I feel they look fine but then again maybe I'm just used to that. I would assume if you put everything on ultra (if you can) it won't look as bad. Ultra wasn't on release so maybe you haven't experienced it yet.

MrKnives said:
What monitor do you have? I have 24" and I use only high/medium and I feel they look fine but then again maybe I'm just used to that. I would assume if you put everything on ultra (if you can) it won't look as bad. Ultra wasn't on release so maybe you haven't experienced it yet.

Ultra was. Extreme was not -- but extreme only enables SSAO for in-game cinematics.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
KAWAIIIIIIIII so cute :D! Wallpaper, GET! Ignoring that square around Yoshichan-text XD

rpUXu.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
ShallNoiseUpon said:
I was far too lazy to match colors.
And I don't even know how to fix it so FUCK IT XD &#9829;

Yoshichan

&#9829; &#9829; &#9829;

why? I do it all time at work :D
ShallNoiseUpon said:
Edit: I may have...uh....found a better one.
Go!

Yoshichan

The look XD!

Oh my, this is perfect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom