• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonng

One day in and I havent seen any bagged milks. Hmm...

Also poutine is fucking delicious, you Canadians are all right. Schwartz today!

WedgeX

Banned
jasonng said:
One day in and I havent seen any bagged milks. Hmm...

Also poutine is fucking delicious, you Canadians are all right. Schwartz today!

They're waiting to spring the bagged milk on you when you've had one too many quality canadian beers. Watch yo self.

Last night I played like 2 hours of Starjeweled with a friend who doesn't like competitive RTS games.

That is a really awesome map. Had one 20 minute game that was incredibly tense.

zoukka

I wish I had friends who played Starcraft. I'm starting to enjoy laddering less and less. Might have to take a break from this game and casts.

zoukka said:
I wish I had friends who played Starcraft. I'm starting to enjoy laddering less and less.
Laddering by yourself is a proposition that really isn't everyone's cup of tea (including mine). I do ladder occasionally 1v1 but more to fool around than anything else.

2v2 and custom games on the other hand...

Zen

Banned
Hugoboss21 said:
phoenix fucking rape viks

No way.

Pheonix barely beat Vikings 1 on 1 provided the viking gets their first sot off at optimal range. In TvP you almost never have the Vikings away from the rest of the army, so engaging Phenoix lose when they get in close to the vikings and start getting hit by anything else in the Terran army that shoots air. You can also juke the Vikings out a bit to get free shots off on the Pheonix/Void (whe both armies are posturing near one another) and have the Vikings quickly retreat to the main army, where the Pheonix don't want to engage without the rest of the Toss army.

Yeah, in a group of Pheonix get th jump on some vikings, the Pheonix win, but that never happens in a real match.

Holden

phoenix are so much better then vikings, they can do so many more things. out of the problems phoenix has, its def not the viking, its the marine, if only the marine didn't have insta atk animation ( like every other unit in the game ) the phoenix would be a great unit.

edit: and blizzard said that protoss needed a harrasment air unit, only removing insta atk animation of the marine. imo, it would make pheonix that unit, and i think it would make this game alot better. just saying

edit 2 : oh and an other unit that has insta atk anim is the tank. t.t ( im not complaining about it ) i don't think i'm missing any other, am i?

Dooraven

Pheonix are better than vikings as a unit, though going pheonixes is pretty committing to your tech as protoss though and Protoss gateway units aren't that good v stimmed bio. Only MC (and sometimes Kiwi) really uses pheonixes awesomely (but that's MC, give him any unit and he'll probably find a use)

edit: and blizzard said that protoss needed a harrasment air unit, only removing insta atk animation of the marine. imo, it would make pheonix that unit, and i think it would make this game alot better. just saying

Protoss don't need a harass unit v Terran since it's a fairly even match up, it's desperately needed v Zerg though since the quick 3 bases drone drone drone are super hard to punish.

Holden

i don't relly agree that mc is a great player but ya he's won alot of stuff etc. but ya, i think pheonix should be an important unit in most games. so i kinda think he's got an advantage thinking that

V_Arnold

I do not know. Better players have started landing Vikings when they can turn the tide of a battle seriously without losing big amounts of landed Vikings, and that is AWESOME.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
shrugface.jpg

Zen

Banned
Hugoboss21 said:
phoenix are so much better then vikings, they can do so many more things. out of the problems phoenix has, its def not the viking, its the marine, if only the marine didn't have insta atk animation ( like every other unit in the game ) the phoenix would be a great unit.

Sure you only get vikings, really, if you see Colossi, but I haven't seen Pheonix in TvP used in a way that makes effective use of their versatility..

In terms of TvP Pheonix aren't very useful except in the case where you scout the terran going for a 111 timing push where they're low on marines, or buffering Colossi from Viking shots in the old TvP compositions. I've never had a Toss be able to do enough harass with them to make up for the delay they create for the rest of the Tosses army.

Terrans are also getting pretty good an understanding when they can land the vikings for that extra tanking and attack power. I can see potential for Pheonix, but it's no viking atm, which seems to have greater utility in the matchups than we've seen with Pheonix. Another thing that makes Phenoix less 'good' in my opinion is that they commit th Protoss tech more than getting vikings does for Terran.

Zzoram

Hugoboss21 said:
i don't relly agree that mc is a great player but ya he's won alot of stuff etc. but ya, i think pheonix should be an important unit in most games. so i kinda think he's got an advantage thinking that

He's undoubtedly the most accomplished Protoss player in the world, and very likely the best Protoss player in the world.

Zzoram

zoukka said:
I wish I had friends who played Starcraft. I'm starting to enjoy laddering less and less. Might have to take a break from this game and casts.

2v2 ladder is insanely fun. Make a friend who plays Starcraft, it's worth it. I've played over a thousand 2v2 ladder from beta to now, and probably only ~100 1v1 in the same time.

Q8D3vil

In terms of TvP Pheonix aren't very useful except in the case where you scout the terran going for a 111 timing push where they're low on marines, or buffering Colossi from Viking shots in the old TvP compositions. I've never had a Toss be able to do enough harass with them to make up for the delay they create for the rest of the Tosses army.
surprise 5 phoenix can turn the game upside down, at least thats what happen to me today.
5 freaking phoenix killed 10 scv's because my army was way out of position :(
gotta say it was a clever combination between using observer and knowing when to harass.

imo protoss air was awesome against zerg early game, but the spore crawler buff was the end to that.

anyway, warpprism is still underused. jyp defeated drg thanks to it.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
In regards to the Chinese Battle.net invitational

Well in a most frustrating moment we JUST got informed we will need to PAY $30,000-$40,000 to cover this event or we can't cover it, despite talking to Blizz all day, they just informed us.

Very disappointed and I hope this works out before the cast starts, I have reached out to Blizz NA.

from the iccup / esvtv guys who have been covering thist tournament the entire time through qualies and prelims, today is the big lan final

edit:
http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/Day[9] after hours gaming league
The 3rd/4th match will be Google vs. Amazon, and the grand finals will be between Zynga and Microsoft. from facebook HQ, hosted by day 9 :)

zoukka said:

Same problem here, I used to be in a pretty active BW clan back in the day, but WoW broke us apart. Over the years all my old online buddies have either disappeared or started playing other games.

I have one friend who got the game, but after he switched internet providers he is unable to stay on battle.net for more than a few minutes. He's frustrating to play with anyways because he won't focus on the damn game, so it's just as well.

I got into the TOR beta, so what gaming time I have is being sucked up by that right now.

Zen

Banned
Q8D3vil said:
surprise 5 phoenix can turn the game upside down, at least thats what happen to me today.
gotta say it was a clever combination between using observer and knowing when to harass.

imo protoss air was awesome against zerg early game, but the spore crawler buff was the end to that.

True enough, the fact that they can be quickly transitioned into is worth a lot if you catch your opponent by surprise.

Corran Horn

HolyCheck said:
In regards to the Chinese Battle.net invitational

from the iccup / esvtv guys who have been covering thist tournament the entire time through qualies and prelims, today is the big lan final
That sucks. After they forced them to quit from iccup too...

Q8D3vil said:

Jyp beat DRG because his a god damn choker. DRG was far ahead in basically every game and just threw it away with poor play.

Edit:
Pandaman said:
tl open tommorow!
here's hoping i wont sleep through the check in for the third time in a row.

Do you have to be masters to enter? I wouldn't mind going in for shits and giggles.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
bought blizzcon virtual tickets.. let's go!

Corran Horn

MrKnives said:
I would seriously consider buying it if it would be something like $5 but $40 for the weekend? That's insane.
Its his only way to see MKP finally get back to Code S and lose to finals again.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
meh at you both! Blizzard deserves my money

Corran Horn

Yoshichan said:
meh at you both! Blizzard deserves my money
And thats why they get away with what they do. Dont need LAN! Dont need replay with friends! Dont need multi-region play! Oh well blizzard deserves my money for the game and 2 expansions!

:p

Yoshichan

Dont need replay with friends! Dont need multi-region play!
They've said we're getting replay with friends sometime! And they've worked hard on the multi-region stuff! I get to play with Russia AND I get to download trial accounts for other regions :D

♥ you Blizz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom