• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Q8D3vil

look at what i got after testing builds on na.
vdyzu.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Yoshichan

when can I transfer my achievements from eu to us :(

come on blizzzzzzzzz

Q8D3vil

MrKnives said:
For some reason I love meching. Meching really makes me want to play Terran.

Edit: So now TvP ez mode?
depend on the map, some maps are very easy for meching like shakura (because its easy to secure natural very fast). but some maps its hard as fuck.
still, my tvp winrate is garbage.

Q8D3vil said:
depend on the map, some maps are very easy for meching like shakura (because its easy to secure natural very fast). but some maps its hard as fuck.
still, my tvp winrate is still garbage though.

Without seeing any of your games I can safely say you need more ghosts.

jersoc

man, how the hell do you learn how to control your army for an engagement? i swear to god I just get destroyed every damn time because everything comes in so late. like this last game I had a crap ton of units and 6 festors. I move my lings and roaches in and then infestors to fungal and before i got a fungal off shit was dead already. This continues to lose me games.

Im thinking of just going back to ling/bling/muta for ZvT, but then infestors would still be needed for protoss to whatever. Should I just move as a big force then fungal with infestors or what? Maybe my shitty apm doesn't allow me to do this. I don't know.

MrKnives

jersoc said:
man, how the hell do you learn how to control your army for an engagement? i swear to god I just get destroyed every damn time because everything comes in so late. like this last game I had a crap ton of units and 6 festors. I move my lings and roaches in and then infestors to fungal and before i got a fungal off shit was dead already. This continues to lose me games.

Im thinking of just going back to ling/bling/muta for ZvT, but then infestors would still be needed for protoss to whatever. Should I just move as a big force then fungal with infestors or what? Maybe my shitty apm doesn't allow me to do this. I don't know.

First of all start calling them brofestors, they function better that way. Second is you just need to be faster.
Of course you can just put everything in one groupd and A move. Infestors should be the main casters so you can A-move and fungal everything with few clicks.

jersoc

oh my bad, brofestors. guess i just have to keep playing then. sounds like i got the idea must terrible, terrible execution.

Holden

isn't pure mech garb vs toss? don't you get like 2 stargate when you see 3-4 fact and its an auto win?
cause i never play vs a player who does pure mech

MrKnives

Hugoboss21 said:
isn't pure mech garb vs toss? don't you get like 2 stargate when you see 3-4 fact and its an auto win?

Appereantly Mech + Ghost is the new shit. Terrans finally figured out that ghost is guuuuud.

Holden

MrKnives said:
Appereantly Mech + Ghost is the new shit. Terrans finally figured out that ghost is guuuuud.

ya, ghost is the reason i dont get immortals in pvt, waste of money since they dont have the shield anymore.

Q8D3vil

the good thing about mech you have all the tech tree open so if i see stargate i can get viking immediately and kill all of your air.

until we see someone beside goody use it in a real tournament its not that good.
there is a lot of stuff that can be done with mech but a lot of players seems to be happy with bio ( can't blame them for having godly micro).

Holden

Q8D3vil said:
the good thing about mech you have all the tech tree open so if i see stargate i can get viking immediately and kill all of your air.

until we see someone beside goody use it in a real tournament its not that good.
there is a lot of stuff that can be done with mech but a lot of players seems to be happy with bio ( can't blame them for having godly micro).

voids rape vikings,

same for phenix

edit : no wonder goody fucking blows, pure mech does too t.t

V_Arnold

Hugoboss21 said:
voids rape vikings,

same for phenix

You do not have a clue, do you? :)
Mass phoenix can kill smaller number of vikings, but that is it. Against Voids, you just shoot 1-2 down, run away a little, shoot again, run, shoot again. Vikings pwn both.

Q8D3vil

Hugoboss21 said:
voids rape vikings,

same for phenix

but we are not talking about viking alone here, viking + emp + thor = gg void ray.
and like arnold said, you have no clue at all on what are you talking about.

about goody, Tournament Roundup - Aug 1-14 2011
Podium201108.png

Striek

The answer is carriers. Except then they just build 4 rax, get a modest amount of marines, and laugh as all your interceptors die and you have floating piles of garbage.

(Real answer is speedlots+immortals+archons+templar+stalkers, aww yeah, except ghosts ruin your day, but ghosts ruin your day no matter what you have or what composition terrans going if they get the EMPs off)

Q8D3vil

Striek said:
The answer is carriers. Except then they just build 4 rax, get a modest amount of marines, and laugh as all your interceptors die and you have floating piles of garbage.

(Real answer is speedlots+immortals+archons+templar+stalkers, aww yeah, except ghosts ruin your day, but ghosts ruin your day no matter what you have or what composition terrans going if they get the EMPs off)
then just feedback the ghost.
if you let terran emp your hts then he have a better micro than you anyway since feedback is easier to hit than emps.

Vaporak

Q8D3vil said:
if you let terran emp your hts then he have a better micro than you anyway since feedback is easier to hit than emps.

Wait what, I'd like to hear your rational for that.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Hugoboss21 said:
voids rape vikings,

same for phenix

Maybe if you a-move like a idiot.

But with proper control and (usually) a small amount of marines underneath, Vikings dominate every other air unit in the game.

Holden

omg!!!!

goody beat random craftcup#69!! and go4sc2!!
even deezer is up there...

Pancakes said:
Maybe if you a-move like a idiot.

But with proper control and (usually) a small amount of marines underneath, Vikings dominate every other air unit in the game.

phoenix fucking rape viks

Striek

Q8D3vil said:
What is this I don't even.

Range - EMP beats feedback (by 2!). Snipe beats feedback by 1.
Cost - AoE vs. Single-target.
Vision - The big terran advantage. Observers vs. ability to scan for obs/armies and NEVER, EVER be caught off guard by templar. We see the best Korean terrans are for the most part doing this, verrrrry rarely do they get feedback'd now. Bonus points for scanning, killing obs with a couple vikings, cloaking ghosts and emp'ing the whole army like a boss. Combine with sensor tower for additional lulz.

It is 100% the terrans fault if they get feedback'd. Its merely a shame if the protoss gets EMP'd, but there you have it.

Q8D3vil

Striek said:
What is this I don't even.

Range - EMP beats feedback (by 2!). Snipe beats feedback by 1.
Cost - AoE vs. Single-target.
Vision - The big terran advantage. Observers vs. ability to scan for obs/armies and NEVER, EVER be caught off guard by templar. We see the best Korean terrans are for the most part doing this, verrrrry rarely do they get feedback'd now. Bonus points for scanning, killing obs with a couple vikings, cloaking ghosts and emp'ing the whole army like a boss. Combine with sensor tower for additional lulz.

It is 100% the terrans fault if they get feedback'd. Its merely a shame if the protoss gets EMP'd, but there you have it.
feedback can't miss and it will kill the ghost if he have more than 120 energy plus its only 50 energy.
but i can understand, most protosses right now have terrible micro (i've noticed that lately in the gsl).
but check Mana, he is awesome, he always seems to have a full vision of the map with observers and he always feedback the ghosts like crazy.

omg!!!!

goody beat random craftcup#69!! and go4sc2!!
even deezer is up there...
yeah, except most of top EU pro's enter these small tournaments so its not like winning NA tournament because NA pro's rather do coaching lessons than entering small tournament since they get more money from that.

Striek

zoukka said:
you can just click the target with feedback and it autohits unless something kills the templar.
You can do the same thing with queued snipes. You can practically do it with EMP too given how slow templar are and how fast EMP is, unless your talking about HT moving in from very far ranges, which is impractical.

Edit: Fun fact I just learned because it was brought up by MrBitter on the IEM stream. You can minimap feedback, but you can actually use all spells on the minimap. Snipe, feedback, EMP, storm, fungal and neural parasite. And its hard as hell to actually do since you need to click on the small unit dot.

Striek

Phoenix don't beat vikings for cost, phoenixes beat vikings 1v1 by a single shot, but vikings cost 25 gas less. Its pretty much a wash.

Edit: Oh panda already addressed this, but I'm pretty sure phoenixes juuuust survive a 1v1 fight with vikings, whereas its Vikings vs. Corruptors where both die.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Q8D3vil said:
just tried 1v1 and phoenix survive with 20 health.
only happens if both units are moving towards each other. if one is stationary the viking gets one last shot in and both die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom