• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
http://followgrubby.com/articles/50

the level of work that goes into grubbys site is amazing, I really hope he picks up his game and reaches the top level.

Such a good streamer + his site is so well managed.

does anyone know if he qualified for WCG for War3?

Sky, Lyn and Moon all have..

Corran Horn said:
MVP vs Nestea. It starts at 2am pst/5am est.
Man I can't stay up for this shit anymore. Just gonna catch the VODs.

One reason I hope NASL gets their act together and keeps it going for a while.

Dooraven

rGX2w.png

Cannot Unsee :O

Jeff-DSA

What do you do when your opponent goes 17rax?

17rax.jpg

Blue flame Hellions and Siege Tanks, of course. Definitely my most lopsided units killed/lost count ever.

LopsidedCounter.jpg

The dude had over 450 1v1 wins this season. HOW?!!!????!!?!?

BigAT

Jeff-DSA said:
What do you do when your opponent goes 17rax?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/jar155/17rax.jpg[IMG]

Blue flame Hellions and Siege Tanks, of course. Definitely my most lopsided units killed/lost count ever.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/jar155/LopsidedCounter.jpg[IMG]

The dude had over 450 1v1 wins this season. HOW?!!!????!!?!?[/QUOTE]
Was he even able to get marines out of half those rax? It looks like they'd get stuck coming out of the interior ones.

Jeff-DSA

BigAT said:
Was he even able to get marines out of half those rax? It looks like they'd get stuck coming out of the interior ones.

They all came out, but most of the time I had Hellions parked nearby and they just died immediately. It was one of the dumber strategies I've ever seen. I didn't know that if you had your Barracks clumped like that that they'd just rally out normally. So yeah, they popped out just fine along the edges of the big clump.

MrKnives

People make fun of her but in terms of accomplishments, she has more than MC or Nestea put together or many of the current BW to SC2 players. She can actually be very good at this game.

I wonder why did she go as Zerg though. She switched from Protoss to Terran in BW because she had relatively high APM and that favored playing Terran.

Q8D3vil

MrKnives said:
People make fun of her but in terms of accomplishments, she has more than MC or Nestea put together or many of the current BW to SC2 players. She can actually be very good at this game.

I wonder why did she go as Zerg though. She switched from Protoss to Terran in BW because she had relatively high APM and that favored playing Terran.
shame because high apm favor terran the most in sc2 too.

cdyhybrid

Dooraven said:
Tossgirl - Plays Terran in Broodwar and now Zerg is SC2.

Also Huk deserves a long hard break, his schedule is insane.

I was gonna make a joke about letting her infest me, or use Fungal Growth on me, but I realized that would backfire.

MrKnives

Q8D3vil said:
shame because high apm favor terran the most in sc2 too.

I would say not as much as in BW because there it was no competetion but in SC2 it's a little closer.
It kinda depends on what build you are going as Terran really. Meching appereantly can be done with 80 APM ala Goody but MMM's TvZ style recuires insane APM so it's not that simple. Zerg needs a lot of APM to with all the positioning and constantly running your shit around and spreading creep.
So yea I would say that at it's best Terran needs most APM but they are kinda neck and neck with Zerg. At least this is how I feel when I play Terran or Zerg. No offence to Protoss players.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Dooraven said:
rGX2w.png

Cannot Unsee :O
Hmm, where did you find this logo?

Is there a terran one?

Holden

Pandaman said:
LOL.

people, take a look because this is your typical protoss player. an overlord with speed and +3 armour will die passing a turret, but he complains he needs speed and +1 for a warp prism to survive and all the while he will insist that zerg dropships are better.

btw, overlords do not have natural armour.

when you drop as zerg, you will allrdy have 40 dropships ready to drop, and i don't think it relly matters when that 2 zerglings when you drop die in a dropship, and protoss when you drop i don't think u can have afford a robo making constanst warpprism. So ya protoss is clearly a race that can't mass drop.
I just think that since that, why does the warppism have to be so fragile? Cause when a warpprism falls, i can't relly afford getting an other one or i ll just rolled by marines/hydras.

oh and i keep forgetting overlords have no armor mybad

why does blizzard name a unit "Armorded" if it has no armor? (warppism/void/ovie) :(

Q8D3vil

It kinda depends on what build you are going as Terran really. Meching appereantly can be done with 80 APM ala Goody but MMM's TvZ style recuires insane APM so it's not that simple. Zerg needs a lot of APM to with all the positioning and constantly running your shit around and spreading creep.
goody increased his apm greatly, its 130 now :p
but i agree, mech doesn't require at all.

Q8D3vil

when you drop as zerg, you will allrdy have 40 dropships ready to drop, and i don't think it relly matters when that 2 zerglings when you drop die in a dropship, and protoss when you drop i don't think u can have afford a robo making constanst warpprism. So ya protoss is clearly a race that can't mass drop.
6 gateway and 1 warpprism = mass drop.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
shhhhhhhiiiiiiiit

MrKnives

Hugoboss21 said:
I just think that since that, why does the warppism have to be so fragile? Cause when a warpprism falls, i can't relly afford getting an other one or i ll just rolled by marines/hydras.

oh and i keep forgetting overlords have no armor mybad

why does blizzard name a unit "Armorded" if it has no armor? (warppism/void/ovie) :(

You do kinda have to take into account that Overlord can't just hover over enemy's base and create waves of armies.
I do agree that Protoss really isn't the mass drop race but ovies are far from good.

Does anyone even make hydras anymore in ZvP? Last time I saw them was IdrA but even he is gone with the Infestor roach ling play.

Edit: I know I suck but played master toss yesterday who ffe and then just made 6 gates + prism and flew with it into my base. Started to FF my ramp and making units while he was blocked in with 8 cannons behind the wall. I couldn't break his front and I couldn't get up the ramp. I did kill it eventually because he couldn't take all of the units back with the warp prism but that looked kinda sexy.
Also with warp prism you don't have to invest into the "mass drop" if you don't feel like it.

Holden

MrKnives said:
You do kinda have to take into account that Overlord can't just hover over enemy's base and create waves of armies.
I do agree that Protoss really isn't the mass drop race but ovies are far from good.

Does anyone even make hydras anymore in ZvP? Last time I saw them was IdrA but even he is gone with the Infestor roach ling play.

thank god ovies aren't "good" for you, they allrdy give you 8 supply, scout, make you're unit faster, you can hide tech with it, drop, block an expansion for 20 sec or so. What else do you want for a 100 mineral unit? blue flame?

MrKnives said:
Edit: I know I suck but played master toss yesterday who ffe and then just made 6 gates + prism and flew with it into my base. Started to FF my ramp and making units while he was blocked in with 8 cannons behind the wall. I couldn't break his front and I couldn't get up the ramp. I did kill it eventually because he couldn't take all of the units back with the warp prism but that looked kinda sexy.
Also with warp prism you don't have to invest into the "mass drop" if you don't feel like it.

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, that's pretty good when you don't expect it

MrKnives

Hugoboss21 said:
thank god ovies aren't "good" for you, they allrdy give you 8 supply, scout, make you're unit faster, you can hide tech with it, drop, block an expansion for 20 sec or so. What else do you want for a 100 mineral unit? blue flame?

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, that's pretty good when you don't expect it

I want the power of marines for them. Then they are good. Oh and 5 armor. And give them fungal growth.

I can say the same thing for Warp prism though. You can scout with it if you want.. You can create armies with it wherever you want!
Also cant you too hide tech with it in warping mode? :D

V_Arnold

I never really understood people who are acting fucking dumb when discussing overlord drops. Yeah dude, you already have x overlords, yeah, and they even give food. Do not you think that for a 6-7 overlord drop, if you go with the "already there" ones, and they get obliterated, you wont get supply capped? Yeah, you friggin will. So get this idea out of your head, seriously now.

ANY normal zerg INSTANTLY remakes an overlord when it goes to scout, when it goes to war, or when it goes to drop. Those overlords are NOT already there.

Protoss have a MINERAL-ONLY dropship, one that acts as a pylon inside the enemy base, even inside the creep. Deal with it.

Holden

MrKnives said:
I want the power of marines for them. Then they are good. Oh and 5 armor. And give them fungal growth.

I can say the same thing for Warp prism though. You can scout with it if you want.. You can create armies with it wherever you want!
Also cant you too hide tech with it in warping mode? :D

lol --;;; i prefer having collosi then scouting with warpprisms

i'd just build a pylon to hide tech :p

Yoshichan

Guys. Guys.

Fuck the hyperbole about overlords and warp prisms being OP and UP... the REAL problem here is the god damn MEDIVAC. This OP dropship HEALS other OP units, which makes the whole situation imbalanced.

Yoshichan

Hazaro said:
Give me medics
You can have your piece of shit medivac
Dont worry, HotS = Medivacs cost 1 supply, 50/50

Dooraven

Meh, the problem with protoss harassment isn't the warp prism (although it is a paper plane), it's that they don't really have a decent form of harassment unit besides storm drops and mass mass Pheonix. Thankfully it's being fixed in HoTS.

Holden

Dooraven said:
Meh, the problem with protoss harassment isn't the warp prism (although it is a paper plane), it's that they don't really have a decent form of harassment unit besides storm drops and mass mass Pheonix. Thankfully it's being fixed in HoTS.

protoss would have harassement units if they didn't have a "paper plane"

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Dooraven said:
I dont understand why people call Warp Prisms weak.

Look at it's health and shield. It only costs minerals (albeit robo time), and there is a speed upgrade for them.

Holden

Hazaro said:

Look at it's health and shield. It only costs minerals (albeit robo time), and there is a speed upgrade for them.

cause a shuttle had 1 fucking armor, it doesn't seem much but it makes it able to tank 1 more hit and it can pass through a 7 range turret, ofc not a 8 range turret lolol

MrKnives

Hugoboss21 said:
we don't even want to get started with the medivac;;;;;;

i'd just so prefer having a shuttle then a warpprism ;;;;;

They should just change it a little bit. I mean they both have 140hp. Shuttle's build time is 10s faster but Warp prism has larger sight range by 2 and has the abilty to go into warp mode so I mean it's not like "OMG IT'S SO MUCH WORSE"
Everything in SC2 is just so much better at killing stuff so.. Also the armored....

But yea they should tweak it a little bit

Striek

Hazaro said:

Its health is the lowest of the dropships.

But a more major problem with warp prisms/protoss drop play is that toss units are quite frankly awful in small numbers. Especially gateway units. And they are also expensive. Its always fun to see when they're used in games and the opposing player simply is so shocked at seeing drops vs. protoss they don't respond properly, but 99% of the time you don't want to be dropping into terran/zerg armies which by and large are more mobile and much cheaper.

Drops by protoss compared to terran/zerg:

Expensive units + low damage potential vs. cheap units and high damage potential. In the majority of situations it just doesn't make sense for protoss to be dropping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom