• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Yoshichan said:
You rocking the ladder man, league?

Also, sour about that op Z unit composition.
he's gold, that entire list could be explained by him suddenly learning how to time his second supply depot.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Pandaman said:
he's gold, that entire list could be explained by him suddenly learning how to time his second supply depot.
Gold, not copper bro

Jeff-DSA

I only have 6 Terrans in the top 50 of my league. My league last season was even worse with only 4. Gold seems to be dominated by Zerg right now, at least from what I've been seeing. Maybe it's partially because there's so many of them (I see Zerg 3:1 over either T or P). Whatever it is, I rarely see Terrans doing well in the Gold leagues.

And the win streak is because I finally got some non-Zergs into the mix. I very rarely lose to Protoss or Terran. In fact, I pretty much plan on beating any Protoss I see. One of those wins was to a Zerg cheeser that failed in his rush, and other was a Zerg player that quit as soon as the game began. I think he was trying to get demoted. So two of the wins were for free where I probably would have lost to quality Zerg opponents.

syllogism

Softball is pretty good, as in easily the best out of the bunch, and only Inka is really laughable.

e: oh inka was invited due to getting one game away from qualifying

Q8D3vil

Hugoboss21 said:
i just find it funny that a warp prism can't pass through 1 turret without having speed + 1armor upr
i found it funny that you don't need to invest in the "drop army" until start warping units.
its all about risk and reward my friend :)

Holden

soooo, i was in a mood to play sc2 ladder again ( as protoss ) but its getting kinda late, so i'll just ladder tomorow

then i think of the 111 build

work.7378820.1.fc,220x200,white.v3.jpg

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Q8D3vil said:
i found it funny that you don't need to invest in the "drop army" until start warping units.
its all about risk and reward my friend :)
Its all about risk and reward
Meme Image
Resupplies with marines.

Holden

Corran Horn said:
Its all about risk and reward
Meme Image
Resupplies with marines.

hahahgahghaghahg

edit : but like i remember sotg saying that in bw u could pass through turrets alot easier then in this game where you can barely pass through 1 turret ( as toss )

Jeff-DSA

Hugoboss21 said:
hahahgahghaghahg

edit : but like i remember sotg saying that in bw u could pass through turrets alot easier then in this game where you can barely pass through 1 turret ( as toss )

Why would you need to pass through a turret/canon/spore? If you try to pass over one and survive, they'll reposition units to destroy the drop/warp anyway. It's not like a Medivac will have much luck with their drop if they cross over a turret and start landing units either.

Holden

Jeff-DSA said:
Why would you need to pass through a turret/canon/spore? If you try to pass over one and survive, they'll reposition units to destroy the drop/warp anyway. It's not like a Medivac will have much luck with their drop if they cross over a turret and start landing units either.

but like, when a zerg / terran drops have more hp and both have an armor, warp prism doesn't which is a big deal. marines kill warpprism insanly fast

cdyhybrid

Hugoboss21 said:
soooo, i was in a mood to play sc2 ladder again ( as protoss ) but its getting kinda late, so i'll just ladder tomorow

then i think of the 111 build

work.7378820.1.fc,220x200,white.v3.jpg

It's OK there are only Zerg players on the ladder today. That's what it seems like for me, anyway.

Elcheris

Neo Member
I wonder how long the zerg fad will take to fade away and be replaced by terran again. Anyone else getting tired of watching T on Gom TvT?

Holden

Elcheris said:
I wonder how long the zerg fad will take to fade away and be replaced by terran again. Anyone else getting tired of watching T on Gom TvT?

me, i just leave it on and don't even watch the game anymore, cause its so boring to watch...

like i wonder how many non terran are gonna make it to ro8 GSL spoiler
genius had to cheese his way in

Jeff-DSA

Elcheris said:

Hopefully soon. The number of Zergs on the ladder is ridiculous.

And yeah, TvT can be pretty brutal to watch at times. I really don't like watching any of the mirror matches that much, but at least the Protoss ones are over in a few minutes.

cdyhybrid

T are fun to watch when they aren't going for the same build every game in a certain matchup, like 1/1/1 in TvP. Once the metagame isn't revolving around a single build it'll be alright.

Zen

Banned
Elcheris said:

I use to find TvT incredibly boring when it was just marine tank viking and 20+ minute long positional battles.

Then mech play took off.

Then I got bored of everything being just hellion, tank.

But now we've started seeing viable Bio v Mech deviations, with their own strengths and weaknesses and timings based off of what the opponent is doing.

TvT is one of the best matchups atm, at least to me. The last set of TvT code S had so much varation, it was fantastic to watch.

Haunted

Results of the first IPL3 qualifier make me sad.

Sheth and qxc had such good runs but fell one game short. :(

On the positive side, seeing Hero in a tournament should be fun, I don't watch ladder streams so I haven't really seen him play yet.

Yoshichan said:
Gold, not copper bro
Don't forget Panda is on NA.

Q8D3vil

I use to find TvT incredibly boring when it was just marine tank viking and 20+ minute long positional battles.

Then mech play took off.

Then I got bored of everything before just hellion, tank.

But now we've started seeing viable Bio v Mech deviations, with their own strengths and weaknesses and timings based off of what the opponent is doing.

TvT is one of the best matchups atm, at least to me. The last set of TvT code S had so much varation, it was fantastic to watch.
same, i usually find tvt pretty damn boring but the last tvt's in the gsl were amazing especially ganzi vs taeja.

GSL spoiler
he was metagaming his opponent which was very clever.
imo, no 1 rax expand or 1 gate expand should be safe
if you want an expansion you gotta earn it.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Hugoboss21 said:
but like, when a zerg / terran drops have more hp and both have an armor, warp prism doesn't which is a big deal. marines kill warpprism insanly fast
LOL.

people, take a look because this is your typical protoss player. an overlord with speed and +3 armour will die passing a turret, but he complains he needs speed and +1 for a warp prism to survive and all the while he will insist that zerg dropships are better.

btw, overlords do not have natural armour.

Zen said:
It's funny whenever someone posts on TL trashing one of the mirror matchups all the fans of that matchup come out of the woodwork to talk about how amazing it is and how all the other ones are garbage.

Personally for me PvP is the worst. ZvZ and TvT are so unique.

Keikaku

Pandaman said:
LOL.

people, take a look because this is your typical protoss player. an overlord with speed and +3 armour will die passing a turret, but he complains he needs speed and +1 for a warp prism to survive and all the while he will insist that zerg dropships are better.

You are arguing with Holden about balance :|

Trickster

Pandaman said:
LOL.

zerg drops are much easier and convenient because of how the zerg always needs to have overlords no matter what anyway. If a protoss wants to use drops, they have to take time from their robos to build warp prisms that take up supply and cost more than overlords.

There's a reason you don't see protoss making 10 warp prisms, load up their army and fly into the enemy base.

Trickster said:
There's a reason you don't see protoss making 10 warp prisms, load up their army and fly into the enemy base.
Because two warp prisms can do that job sometimes? Not only are the units dropped more deadly, the prisms can be used by the warp gates.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Trickster said:
zerg drops are much easier and convenient because of how the zerg always needs to have overlords no matter what anyway. If a protoss wants to use drops, they have to take time from their robos to build warp prisms that take up supply and cost more than overlords.
and in exchange for costing more, warp prisms are BETTER.

inarguably so. you think its convenient for your attacks failure to also supply cap you?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Ultrabum said:
So are MC and Nestea playing tonight? Can I watch it for free? When is it?

Or am I just clueless ?
MVP vs Nestea. It starts at 2am pst/5am est.

SQ quality stream is free but HQ you have to pay. VODs require you to pay as well. GSL August thread is on the gaming side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom