• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamchan

Obviously Protoss is the most imbalanced and overpowered race but the players are just too bad at the game to exploit the awesomeness.

Holden

MrKnives said:
They should just change it a little bit. I mean they both have 140hp. Shuttle's build time is 10s faster but Warp prism has larger sight range by 2 and has the abilty to go into warp mode so I mean it's not like "OMG IT'S SO MUCH WORSE"
Everything in SC2 is just so much better at killing stuff so.. Also the armored....

But yea they should tweak it a little bit

yes, 1 armor is actually a huge buff to warppism. i'd exchange it for the pylon thingy thing

i'd rather survive with my drop ship and dropping 4 zlots / 2-4 dt / 2 ht then having 4 zlots + 6 stalker in a corner of his base where he didn't scout

Q8D3vil

Pandaman said:
itt people who have been told warp prisms are weak argue warp prisms are weak rather than using them.
seriously, people need to see jyc vs drg again, warp prism usage in game 2 was awesome.
protoss players lack the multitasking, the closest thing they can do to multitasking is warping in zealots to harass or deny new expansions.

Dooraven

I think most people have covered my main points. The lack of armor is pretty huge.

Pandaman said:
itt people who have been told warp prisms are weak argue warp prisms are weak rather than using them.

Lol I used them all the time, though not for dropping, I use them so my HT's don't get EMPed to oblivion. As long as you pay super careful control to it, it's awesome.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Protoss with extra minerals should just warp chargelots everywhere.

Those things clear worker lines and force army retreats so fast.

Q8D3vil said:
seriously, people need to see jyc vs drg again, warp prism usage in game 2 was awesome.

DRG should have won that match but threw it away. It's kind of annoying how you keep using it as some shining light for how protoss should play.

Q8D3vil said:
protoss players lack the multitasking, the closest thing they can do to multitasking is warping in zealots to harass or deny new expansions.

Once you start making comments like this it's kind of hard to take anything you say seriously.

Is it so hard to put aside your bias for even a second?

Q8D3vil

DRG should have won that match but threw it away. It's kind of annoying how you keep using it as some shining light for how protoss should play.
i don't care who won the series, i was pointing out that warp prism harass was very effective.

Once you start making comments like this it's kind of hard to take anything you say seriously.

Is it so hard to put aside your bias for even a second?
if you don't like my comment put me on ignore.

Q8D3vil said:
i don't care who won the series, i was pointing out that warp prism harass was very effective.

Yes and i'm pointing out that the loss had more to do with DRG. Are warp prisms underused? Yes. However i don't think they are suddenly going to save the protoss race like nydus worms did for zerg.

Q8D3vil said:
if you don't like my comment put me on ignore.

What kind of a comment is this? So if i don't like one of your posts i should just put you on ignore?

MrKnives

Dooraven said:
lol I just found out that Snipe had 10 range instead of 9, no wonder why my HT's get sniped before I can feedback.

EMP is also range 10 and radius 2 so he has choices how to make your ht useless/dead

MrKnives

Hugoboss21 said:
but can u time it so u snipe it twice so it dies before feedback? i doubt

I think if you are fast as some of the pro's then maybe, but it's close. Don't know really.
Everyone should just shoot the range 10 EMP 1 tile infront of the incoming HT so the radius 2 kicks in and removes HT's energy before it gets to range 9.

Holden

weirdly enough im managing to land a feedback before snipe...

edit 1: ya i guess the cast animation of snipe is to long but you can land a emp before feedback thow

e 2 : even 2 emps

e 3 : and you can feedback 2 ghost before they try to snipe you

e 4 : even 3 wait to test 4...

e 5 : yup :lol

so ya, dont snipe hts o_O

Dooraven

Hugoboss21 said:
weirdly enough im managing to land a feedback before snipe...

edit 1: ya i guess the cast animation of snipe is to long but you can land a emp before feedback thow

e 2 : even 2 emps

e 3 : and you can feedback 2 ghost before they try to snipe you

e 4 : even 3 wait to test 4...

e 5 : yup :lol

Oh wow, I must be doing something wrong then, probably my reaction time.

Dooraven

Yeah there is a specific way that allows you to 2 shot infestors with snipe (it usually doesn't happen due to the 1hp regen of the infestor) but it's super difficult to pull off.

Dooraven

finalozzo said:
i'm want to use some infestors now, what is a good combination with them? Roach? Banes?

Roach infestor v Protoss (get neural). Broodlords too if you can get them :p

and Morrow's ling bling drop infestor style works too

Q8D3vil

finalozzo said:
i want to use some infestors now, what is a good combination with them? Roach? Banes?
roach/ linngs if you want to take it slowly or just go lings so you can tech faster to tier 3 units.

Awesome Animals said:
That is an extremely large collection of SCII Wallpapers.

I really want the Boxer one, but it is 1024 x 576. What the hell kind of resolution is that?

Edit: The Keep Calm and Build Pylon should just say "Keep Calm and Pylon"

ShallNoiseUpon said:
I really want the Boxer one, but it is 1024 x 576. What the hell kind of resolution is that?

Edit: The Keep Calm and Build Pylon should just say "Keep Calm and Pylon"

that's why the "center" option exists. I wouldn't want my whole background to be red/yellow fwiw.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
damn man, remove some icons!

ShallNoiseUpon said:
I made it my phone background. It's pretty awesome.

with all due respect to android as a platform, it rarely, if ever looks looks even remotely awesome. especially not with that busy ass wallpaper.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
mescalineeyes said:
with all due respect to android as a platform, it rarely, if ever looks looks even remotely awesome. especially not with that busy ass wallpaper.
android wallpapers can look really slick (and that boxer-wallpaper has potential). He should just remove the shortcuts :lol

Holden

wow, has the NA lag changed ever since the LA fusion thing, cause ever since i've been lagging. i think i'm gonna have to go to europe...

edit : lag was one of the big reason why i stop laddering, i just played 3 games and i prob wont ladder on NA again i guess...

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Damn that boxer wallpaper...might change my avatar again lol.

Holden

mescalineeyes said:
do you have a bandwidth cap?

euh i don't think so... but the error is that it wants to starcraft2 is patch something and then gives a me error, i don't know the error cause im useing repair thing and can't run sc2 while its running

ppl on TL seem to have the same error, but they are able to relocate back to the original one, i can't T.T

wow the repair tool takes wayyy to long, im gonna try something else :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom