• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holden

OMG i thought these patch notes were fake cause no bunker tweak but they did it!

5 sec later barrack = 5 sec later bunker!!!!!1111!!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Boken said:
Not sure why you'd want a drastic change or an "exciting" nerf in an extremely competitive game. Especially where balance is already delicate, why would you want an interesting mechanic change before an attempt at changing the numbers was applied?
HotS will bring drastic and exciting stuff to the table. Why should patches be any different?

If some people are still confused over what I dislike about the infestor... it has nothing to do with the damage (and that's why I consider this "nerf" an extremely boring change). Fungal shouldn't cc an army, it should slow it down. If you're reading this David Kim, stop reading mmo-champions patch notes.

Yoshichan said:
HotS will bring drastic and exciting stuff to the table. Why should patches be any different?

Because people don't want the game to drastically change every couple of months? I think everyone knows and expects that there will be drastic changes that come with the expansions and are fine with that because they are so far apart.

I don't think there are many people who want to see drastic changes every single balance patch.

Patches should be for fixing minor imbalances not drastically changing how the game is played.

V_Arnold

Yoshichan said:
Calm down fanboi, did you literally stop reading as soon as you saw that one bolded part?

It's common knowledge for anyone that have played D2, WoW or SCII that Blizzard's bad at changing something drastically. The infestor nerf is one of those "boring" nerfs.

They are most likely a lot better than YOU hurrying any DRASTICAL changes. No need for any drastic changes. And that comes from someone who dislikes Infestors more than possibly anyone in this board. Because they took away my RACE!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
No need to quote you all since everyones post can be answered with one of mine.
AdventureRacing said:
Patches should be for fixing minor imbalances not drastically changing how the game is played.
And fungal is "minor" imbalance at its current state. The game won't drastically change because they change the fungal to a slow spell instead of cc. It'll simply put the game where it should've been from start.

zoukka

Yoshichan said:
And fungal is "minor" imbalance at its current state. The game won't drastically change because they change the fungal to a slow spell instead of cc. It'll simply put the game where it should've been from start.

It's a drastic difference if the spell has been like this from Beta day1. It doesn't matter what you personally think about it.

V_Arnold

Changing fungal to slow is a good idea for HOTS, but for now, it would be like suddenly changing Siege Tank's splash damage to an aoe DOT that does something like 8-10 dps over 6 sec, and then just sitting back and watch people CRY. It is still the same damage, right?

Yoshichan

I guess you might be right.

But I'm just agreeing so that I can have something to look forward to in HotS.

Yoshichan said:

If the change you want is only a minor one than why are you complaining about there being no drastic changes?

You are insulting blizzard for only making minor changes and then in the next post you say that the change you want is only a minor one.

Yoshichan

It was sarcasm, hence the "". I'm a bio-terran. Fungal is not a minor imbalance issue for us, it's a fucking major one.

Yoshichan

Please tell me you're joking

Elcheris

Neo Member
So looking at that Neural Parasite change, does that mean if you NP a warp prism warping dudes in, do they get cancelled because the power radius changes control to zerg? Someone go test this!

Holden

Elcheris said:
So looking at that Neural Parasite change, does that mean if you NP a warp prism warping dudes in, do they get cancelled because the power radius changes control to zerg? Someone go test this!

yo elcheris, stream some games =)

Yoshichan said:
It was sarcasm, hence the "". I'm a bio-terran. Fungal is not a minor imbalance issue for us, it's a fucking major one.
Bio needs hard counters. The sheer mass DPS of a bioball is ludicrous and with marauders and combat shield, it's not nearly as vulnerable as it was in SC1 where it took a lot of micro to use properly.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
MrKnives said:
Same as me saying if you have crapload of banshees you are good to go.
Mutas not air to ground unit? Wat.
Only think I can take from that is you saying mutas are more a harassing unit than a fighting unit to what I can ask you what the hell is a banshee then?
you can decipher my meaning, im sure

if not:

muta: equal damage to air ground

banshee: only attacks ground

bc: + damage to ground

edit: im done arguing on the internet beyond a few posts, its such a bad habit

ultron87

I still contend that the Hydra Roach would fix everything:

uXuxh.jpg

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=153275

Zen

Banned
PhoenixDark said:
Hydras need to be changed or removed from the game. In fact just remove zerg if we're not going to get a decent anti air unit

I hear that Infestors are pretty good.

Dooraven

I think Zerg ground to air is generally fine early game, queens and spores is a pretty good defensive mechanics The only problem with Zerg is the scouting of what they're opponents are doing.

I would like a hydra redesign though.

I would be okay with the removal of the roach, which frankly is boring and uninspired as a unit for "good" hydras with a speed and range upgrade and not light.

ksan

ultron87 said:
I still contend that the Hydra Roach would fix everything:

http://imgur.com/uXuxh.jpg[IMG]

[url]http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=153275[/url][/QUOTE]
I remember that thread :D
but just now I realized that it was actually THE BALLER who made it...
Makes it even greater...

Dooraven

Yeah I would like to see the roach, the colossus and the thor removed and replaced with more interesting units. Roach doesn't really fit the design of Zerg, Colossus is a retarded unit that is too easily countered if the opponents has enough air or destorys armies if they don't. And the Thor doesn't really serve it's proper purpose in game after magic box was discovered.

Jeff-DSA

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU-------

I'm invited to a tournament that starts tomorrow. They made a last minute decision to not seed based on the results from last season's tournament, where I finished 2nd. Now they went with a random draw and I have a Zerg first round, and if I win, I play the winner from last season's tournament, a Master league Zerg. I was hoping to finish in the money again, but it looks like I have a dead end.

I'm irked.

Aaaaand I just checked, if I go down to loser's bracket after my first match, I'm playing the loser of a Diamond Zerg and a Master Protoss. :/

#InOverMyHead

Dooraven said:
Yeah I would like to see the roach, the colossus and the thor removed and replaced with more interesting units. Roach doesn't really fit the design of Zerg, Colossus is a retarded unit that is too easily countered if the opponents has enough air or destorys armies if they don't. And the Thor doesn't really serve it's proper purpose in game after magic box was discovered.

My issue with the Colossus is that it is incredibly mobile while also providing no-skill AoE damage without any drawback other than "gets hit by air." It's ridiculous compared to siege tanks that can't move at all when they do AoE or lurkers in BW or reavers in BW that required large amounts of babysitting to take care of and sometimes reavers just straight didn't work. The colossus is boring and straight anti-hype bullshit that was put in because DBrow thought it looked cool.

Thor is still pretty effective against muta in that it actually forces the zerg to recognize that they either magic box or take great care of them.

ShallNoiseUpon said:
I would be okay with the removal of the roach, which frankly is boring and uninspired as a unit for "good" hydras with a speed and range upgrade and not light.

What would it be replaced by? Zerg would still need an armored ground unit for early/mid game

Elcheris

Neo Member
Hugoboss21 said:
yo elcheris, stream some games =)

Im at work, probably no games streaming tonight =(

Next week I've got off though! You'll have to find some other zerg who is as awesome as me to watch, good luck...haha..ha...=(

ShallNoiseUpon said:
No idea. More infestor?

Roach can't be removed without a similar unit replacing it, and Infestor wouldn't work imo. Unless they basically turned it into a tier one armored unit with the spells, which would really be overpowered lol. Even if the spells were only available with Lair tech, it would still be a problem I bet

Roach would be less prominent if Hydras were viable.

Dooraven

ShallNoiseUpon said:
My issue with the Colossus is that it is incredibly mobile while also providing no-skill AoE damage without any drawback other than "gets hit by air." It's ridiculous compared to siege tanks that can't move at all when they do AoE or lurkers in BW or reavers in BW that required large amounts of babysitting to take care of and sometimes reavers just straight didn't work. The colossus is boring and straight anti-hype bullshit that was put in because DBrow thought it looked cool.

Thor is still pretty effective against muta in that it actually forces the zerg to recognize that they either magic box or take great care of them.

It's not mobile.. one of the core (besides 2 port viking and fungal buffs) reasons why colossus play doesn't really work in prolevels anymore besides a late late game techswitch is because the stalker-colossus deathball was too immobile to protect expansions and therefore Toss got dropped everywhere. But yeah I agree that it's a terribly designed unit and hopefully gets replaced.

Thors are ok, but I would like them to be replaced with the Goliath or something else which Blizzard cooks up.

Q8D3vil

Dooraven said:
this. t3 unit are boring as fuck and not interesting at all.

Dooraven said:
It's not mobile.. one of the core (besides 2 port viking and fungal buffs) reasons why colossus play doesn't really work in prolevels anymore besides a late late game techswitch is because the stalker-colossus deathball was too immobile to protect expansions and therefore Toss got dropped everywhere. But yeah I agree that it's a terribly designed unit and hopefully gets replaced.

Thors are ok, but I would like them to be replaced with the Goliath or something else which Blizzard cooks up.

Colossus ignore cliffs. If there are any terrain features they're more mobile than entire ground armies.

Q8D3vil said:

I think brood lords are interesting and ultras would be good if their models weren't so fucking huge.

ultron87

ShallNoiseUpon said:
Colossus ignore cliffs. If there are any terrain features they're more mobile than entire ground armies.

The cliff walking doesn't really help when it comes to responding to drops and whatnot because a colossus that gets to the base while everything else is running around to the ramp is just asking for the dropped marauders to run up and snipe it.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Q8D3vil said:

Not to mention how easily some of them are countered.

BCs? Vikings
Mothership? Vikings
Ultralisk? Marauders lol

Just to name a few. I also agree with your original point, a-move units in general are boring as hell watch.

ultron87 said:
The cliff walking doesn't really help when it comes to responding to drops and whatnot because a colossus that gets to the base while everything else is running around to the ramp is just asking for the dropped marauders to run up and snipe it.

Well, yes. Its funny because I had cut out the last part of my post that was going to go into why the deathball is immobile because colossus are awful without any units below them to protect them. Yes, you're right.

Jeff-DSA

I don't know why Blizzard doesn't just ban him. He's a waste of bandwidth and he NEVER provides a quality experience for his opponents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom