• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrKnives

-COOLIO- said:
if you have a crapload of mutas youre probably good to go, and mutas arnt even an air to ground unit, or even just a ground focused unit like bcs. a better comparison would be broodlords vs rauders, which works very well. banshees vs rauders also works very well.

Same as me saying if you have crapload of banshees you are good to go.
Mutas not air to ground unit? Wat.
Only think I can take from that is you saying mutas are more a harassing unit than a fighting unit to what I can ask you what the hell is a banshee then?

Dooraven

Hugoboss21 said:
IM JUST SO HAPPY OF THIS PATCH WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

to happy to be real

Shush holden, if david kim reads this he'll undo all the protoss buffs :p

So are you going to go back to protoss after this patch?

Holden

Dooraven said:
Shush holden, if david kim reads this he'll undo all the protoss buffs :p

So are you going to go back to protoss after this patch?

fuckya, i'll be playing on the PTR, hope its live soon.

HSM seems insanely strong now o_O

like barely any protoss unit outrun HSM, only the pheonix, wtf!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wait... why so many pages since I went to bed?

EDIT: MOTHER FUCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PATCH NOTEiojsdfoijnaofpkimaomafasfaf

Dooraven

Hugoboss21 said:
fuckya, i'll be playing on the PTR, hope its live soon.

HSM seems insanely strong now o_O

like barely any protoss unit outrun HSM, only the pheonix, wtf!

I wouldn't worry about it too much it's a pretty big investment. Though it may have it's uses in late game TvP.

MrKnives

Yoshichan said:
Wait... why so many pages since I went to bed?

EDIT: MOTHER FUCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PATCH NOTEiojsdfoijnaofpkimaomafasfaf

What's your opinion on the patch?

MrKnives

Q8D3vil said:
lets see if people will still bitch about 111 >:D

Did they really even change anything for that? slighty slower rax but that's it. Ofc immortal range will help but I wonder if it really changed anything that much.
Now maybe will even see HSM researched before moving out :D would be awesome

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm about to commit suicide, wake up to Yun nerf and this piece of shit patch note? Fuck you Slayers, what have you DONE

Please... PLEASE someone tell me if blue flame will two shot workers still?

Dooraven

MrKnives said:
Did they really even change anything for that? slighty slower rax but that's it. Ofc immortal range will help but I wonder if it really changed anything that much.
Now maybe will even see HSM researched before moving out :D would be awesome

I think the sentry change will help quite a lot too. Though we'll wait and see, Protoss will be doing new builds with the immortal buff. If it's still broken Blizzard will probably change something.

If you upgrade +1 mech it'll two shot Probes and Drones but not SCVs.

Yoshichan

Dooraven said:
If you upgrade +1 mech it'll two shot Probes and Drones but not SCVs.
Holy fucking shit.

I'm outta here, seriously, I'm out of here. I need a long, LOOOOOONG break from this place.

Q8D3vil

I'm about to commit suicide, wake up to Yun nerf and this piece of shit patch note? Fuck you Slayers, what have you DONE

don't say shit about Slayers :mad:

the only thing i don't like is fucking rax nerf, hopefully it doesn't go through.

but i think 111 will still work and protoss will bitch which is awesome.

MrKnives

Yoshichan said:
Holy fucking shit.

I'm outta here, seriously, I'm out of here. I need a long, LOOOOOONG break from this place.

Oh no now terrans need 3 bfh to totally fuck up mineral lines. You still 2 shot lings though.

V_Arnold

Let us be honest, the risk-reward of a mineral-only unit getting to your base and HALVING your income for the next few minutes were not really balanced. Not at all. That is the same for TVT also. Bullshit, just like unnerfed fungal, but in other ways :D

MrKnives

V_Arnold said:
Let us be honest, the risk-reward of a mineral-only unit getting to your base and HALVING your income for the next few minutes were not really balanced. Not at all. That is the same for TVT also. Bullshit, just like unnerfed fungal, but in other ways :D

I do have to say that when I played TvT they were a pain in the ass. I always had sick simcity just because of bfh but they always manage to find a way. Early you can defend ok but later in the game one good drop can change the game completely.

And if he manages to burn your mineral line to a crisp. It's not like you can do some crazy counter attack into his siege line. You just sit there and take it.
I don't like bfh as terran, not as protoss or as zerg. Like you said, they were a silly 100mineral unit that can change the whole game completely around for 200minerals because it's not like losing them does anything, just make more of them.

Yoshichan

Wow Hugoboss, you're normally fucking my nerves up with everything you do. It's time to end this

edit: muuuuuuch better.

Holden

Q8D3vil said:
who need hellions in tvp.
we can still auto win with 111

hmmm, i think the immortal buff helps alot vs the 111 build

Imo the game will be balanced if this final patch, but thats from a protoss view but i dunno what a zerg feels like atm hopefully the ultra buff makes them happy enough.

yoshi ignored me, how cute

lol stop changing ur goddamn avatar devil all the time T.T

Q8D3vil

Hugoboss21 said:
hmmm, i think the immortal buff helps alot vs the 111 build

Imo the game will be balanced if this final patch, but thats from a protoss view but i dunno what a zerg feels like atm hopefully the ultra buff makes them happy enough.

yoshi ignored me, how cute

lol stop changing ur goddamn avatar devil all the time T.T
blame the patch notes :(
will i found this picture of immvp 1 week ago and i think its funny :D

s0W1F.png

Deadman

Interesting patch. I think the drone attack bug being fixed is actually the biggest one, bunker rushes and pylon blocks should now be easier to stop.

Immortal changes makes it even more likely someone will stumble in to the amazing immortal/ht combo in pvz and win every match they play.

Warp prism change probably makes them imbalanced, i expect they will one day pull the shields back to 70 or something.

Terran changes are strange, they dont really achieve that much. 5 Seconds on a rax is not much and i dont know why they did it, maybe 11/11 rax? bfh are still awesome. Seeker missle sounds like a fun change but it draws a big line to the unit its targetted at, its trivial to select that unit and move it away.

Zerg changes: dimaga to win every tournament.

Q8D3vil

Immortal changes makes it even more likely someone will stumble in to the amazing immortal/ht combo in pvz and win every match they play.
i wonder if we are going to see some 3 gate 2 robo builds of two bases then getting coloss when secure a third.
should be interesting

Q8D3vil

zoukka said:
I have never understood the appeal of cheesy timing pushes. Unless there's money on stake.
its fun. i don't want to play against protoss end game so i rather try and win it early game.
sometime crazy things happen and the game turn into 40 minute game.
its much more interesting than long macro die to coloss ht game.

zoukka

Q8D3vil said:
its fun. i don't want to play against protoss end game so i rather try and win it early game.
sometime crazy things happen and the game turn into 40 minute game.
its much more interesting than long macro die to coloss ht game.

lol

Yoshichan

what's lol about that? Terran fucking sucks dick anyway, so why not try to win early?

Q8D3vil

Yoshichan said:
what's lol about that? Terran fucking sucks dick anyway, so why not try to win early?
i've talked to many terran at my level and they all recommended going for all in because you have to be 10 times better your opponent if you want to play a macro game with mmm.
even my high master coach who play all races (protoss on the ladder) said that in tvp terran need to do 10 things and protoss only 2 things to win which which make it way harder for terran (but he said that he think its a balance match).

i even tried full mech in tvp but it only works sometime because most of the protoss players don't know how to handle it.

zoukka

Drops seem to crush any pro Toss every once in a while. It's a nightmare to control them as Toss in my humble mud-league opinion.

Q8D3vil said:
i've talked to many terran at my level and they all recommended going for all in because you have to be 10 times better your opponent if you want to play a macro game with mmm.
even my high master coach who play all races (protoss on the ladder) said that in tvp terran need to do 10 things and protoss only 2 things to win which which make it way harder for terran (but he said that he think its a balance match).

i even tried full mech in tvp but it only works sometime because most of the protoss players don't know how to handle it.

Coach? I'm confused now. Are you trying to get better at this game or rise on the ladder?

Yoshichan

zoukka said:
Coach? I'm confused now. Are you trying to get better at this game or rise on the ladder?
Believe it or not, some people are actually trying to get better at this game. It actually requires you to use your brain to become a good terran, unlike the other races.

Q8D3vil

first i got it as a gift, so i didn't pay for it.
second, my coach didn't tell me to all in just to clear it out.

Yoshichan

Ahh, that was refreshing. Time to get serious.

Unit vision up ramps has been reduced by 1.
This is very, very interesting. I definitely want to see a side-by-side comparison. Anyone got the PTR wanna do us this favor? Interesting to see why exactly Blizzard did this. Did they change it so that preparing to use forcefield at ramp should be harder?

Immortal - Attack range increased from 5 to 6.
3 gate robo just became even safer than it is right now (ignore 111 for a sec). Since marines got 5 range and marauders got 6 range, I jumped into Unit Test Map to see how much difference this will be for the immortal. It's huge:

Tm9Cw.png

This is definitely a big buff and guess what? Immortals needed this. Good for toss-players.

Mothership - Acceleration increased from 0.3 to 1.375.
Hehe. I'm trying to compare it to another flying unit but no other unit is in range of 1.375. The Battlecruiser acceleration is 1.00 so it's slightly faster than that. Interesting change, but this won't change any PvX strategies unfortunately. The Mothership is still a joke.

Stalker - Blink research time increased from 110 to 140.
People saying this is a huge nerf is wrong. Blink timings was never scary. If anything, blink stalkers are really scary late game (when there are 30+ stalkers). One of the few people that will be affected by this is White-Ra who goes 3 gate blink stalkers against 4 gate. I saw his stream yesterday and he barely manages to defend as his blink gets finished. He'll have to reevaluate his anti-4gate now.

Warp Prism - Shields increased from 40 to 100.
I've always, always agreed on the Warp Prism being too weak. It'll now take four hits to completely deplete the shield with a Viking. Shit still needs armor +1 if you ask me. Maybe nerf shield to 70 and put armor +1?

Barracks - Build time increased from 60 to 65.
I'm not going to overreact. I'm mostly just interested to know how this will affect anything except for maybe 11-Rax/Rax. For me, this is just an irritating change because going Orbital Command just as the Rax completes is always perfectly timed (and I end up with exactly 0 minerals). With this change, I'll have some spare minerals over. Woo! ... or something ._.

Hellion - Infernal Pre-Igniter damage upgrade decreased from 10 to 5.
"Bubububu, Yoshi. You mad that you can't instantly win against Zerg now?"

Please shut the fuck up, I'm Marinechan.

0fmMP.png

When BFH became "the shit", I stayed loyal to the true unit of this game. It was inevitable that a nerf would show up. Dropping a bunch of BFH mid/late-game against any race is something I always loved to do and this patch won't change anything since I'll have the +1 or even +2 upgrade by that time of the game (and I'll still be able to 2-shot workers).

Also, no one will go BFH early now considering the cost. It's a huge investment for 5 extra damage, are you kidding me? Please reevaluate your life David Kim. Make it 100/100 or something.

Raven - Seeker missile movement speed increased from 2.5 to 2.953.
Sky Terran is boring as fuck. This won't help the situation.

Infestor - Fungal Growth damage changed from 36 (+30% armored) to 30 (40 vs Armored).
Another uninspiring thing of Blizzard to do. Come to think of it, Blizzard's quite a terrible developer. Whenever there's someone complaining about something in either of their games (be it WoW, SCII or future Diablo III), they will change it to please the angry, sweaty keyboard warriors. But they'll change it in a boring fashioned way, typical Blizzard-style.

Fungal will still two shot marines (ignore medivacs for this discussion) so the nerf won't affect that. I feel this is mostly a TvZ and TvP change. Then again, maybe we'll see a change to Infestor/Brood-combo now that Vikings takes one more fungal to kill.

Overseer - Morph cost decreased from 50/100 to 50/50.
HotS will end up coming and Overseers will disappear from this game... so I don't give a shit. Boring, uninspiring unit.

Contaminate energy cost increased from 75 to 125.
Unnecessary. Or did someone complain that this was imbalanced?

Ultralisk - Build time decreased from 70 to 55.
No comments... except grats to you (three?) people who uses ultralisks?

Repeated control group and selection commands will no longer count as unique actions for APM calculation purposes.
Fucking finally. Now people will actually understand that my high APM is legit APM and not spam bullshit.

Fixed an issue where Drone attacks could be more easily dodged than SCV or Probes.
This is cute, I literally did the :3 smiley IRL when I read this.

syllogism

Without the contaminate energy change and with the new cheaper overseers, you could just spam overseers, at least in ZvZ, and mass contaminate everything.

fanboi

Banned
Another uninspiring thing of Blizzard to do. Come to think of it, Blizzard's quite a terrible developer. Whenever there's someone complaining about something in either of their games (be it WoW, SCII or future Diablo III), they will change it to please the angry, sweaty keyboard warriors. But they'll change it in a boring fashioned way, typical Blizzard-style.

Fungal will still two shot marines (ignore medivacs for this discussion) so the nerf won't affect that. I feel this is mostly a TvZ and TvP change. Then again, maybe we'll see a change to Infestor/Brood-combo now that Vikings takes one more fungal to kill.

REEEEEEEEEEEALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY

Which game are you currently obsseded about to the point you make:

1) your idiol in the world
2) create a long and extremly detailed post about some silly patch notes.
3) posted almost 1000 post in SC2 related threads.

GOD DAMN JUNIORS

wow huge changes !!

I agree on the Immortal and HSM change, both were much needed.

I don't understand the rax change though, feels unnecessary.

Yoshichan

Calm down fanboi, did you literally stop reading as soon as you saw that one bolded part?

It's common knowledge for anyone that have played D2, WoW or SCII that Blizzard's bad at changing something drastically. The infestor nerf is one of those "boring" nerfs.

fanboi

Banned
Yoshichan said:
Calm down fanboi, did you literally stop reading as soon as you saw that one bolded part?

It's common knowledge for anyone that have played D2, WoW or SCII that Blizzard's bad at changing something drastically. The infestor nerf is one of those "boring" nerfs.

Nah, I just love to rage and all your tears fuel my rage.

UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ

Yoshichan

fanboi said:
Nah, I just love to rage and all your tears fuel my rage.
♥

Well, that's enough testing for me.

V6OnU.png

5 hours in Unit Test Map for this patch? brb, getting a life.

Boken

Banned
Not sure why you'd want a drastic change or an "exciting" nerf in an extremely competitive game. Especially where balance is already delicate, why would you want an interesting mechanic change before an attempt at changing the numbers was applied?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom