• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoukka

Watching Destiny vs Dragon, it's apparent who is the better macro/micro player and who has infestors.

EDIT: A succesful battlecruiser rush :D So awesome.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
hamchan said:
omg why is Dragon taking Skype calls. Way too good to his fans lol.
Yesterday, he spoke to this nerd who cried (of happiness) when he talked to him.

It was embarrassing ._.

Pandaman said:
dimaga and ret man...
they're the zergs going somewhere. sprinkle in some destiny ad vVvtitan as needed.

Coca really caught my attention this last mlg though.

When Ret loses he loses horribly, but when he's allowed to do his thing he's insanely good. Still, I'd agree that he's a Zerg on the upswing, with Dimaga and Sen being on top (foreigners).

Idra's play has regressed, and he lacks any imagination or passion seen in the players mentioned above. I had thought that Huk's ascension would provide ample motivation for him, but he almost seems content to beat sub part/decent players and complain anytime he loses to them, all while giving up the minute he's in game with a Korean.

I enjoy watching his games, but in terms of inspiring myself I look more towards Destiny for instance. He's not great, but is clearly providing a blueprint of success for the race.

hamchan

Bleh, damn Aussie in Dragon skype call wasting the opportunity by staying silent.

Alright that Russian troll guy was pretty awesome.

Keikaku

Dooraven said:
Coca's ZvP is amazing, his ZvZ is good, but man, he seriously needs to work on his ZvT. He threw away too many units v Bomber :(
I honestly think that the aspect of his game that he needs to work on the most is his decision making and his micro.

He has really solid strategies and the macro to back them up, but he just doesn't always do the smartest things with his units. His last 2 games against Bomber were pretty damning as far as decision making goes. Game 2 on Shakuras Plateau, he had enough units to stop Bomberss attempts to hold the center but he opted (twice) for backstabs/run-bys that were not as effective as straight up crushing Bomber's force would have been.

I also think a couple of his games against Nestea in the last GSL back up my theory. The game on Xel'naga Caverns, in particular, stood out. He had the Overlord paths and timing mapped out to such a degree that he was able to run his early lings right outside their vision and get all the way to Nestea's base undetected and then, once there, he wasted his advantage in a completely misjudged attack.

Ashhong

zoukka said:

lol.gif

syllogism

Pandaman said:
dimaga and ret man...
they're the zergs going somewhere. sprinkle in some destiny ad vVvtitan as needed.

Coca really caught my attention this last mlg though.
Dimaga and ret are both incredibly inconsistent and overrated. For some reason them habitually going going like 1-4 and 0-3 in major events gets ignored. They don't appear to practice much either so I doubt they'll improve.

hamchan

WOW, Dragon going pure marines the whole game defeating tank + marine from the opponent, then doing a victory dance. Pretty impressive.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
hamchan said:
WOW, Dragon going pure marines the whole game defeating tank + marine from the opponent, then doing a victory dance. Pretty impressive.
I'm still amazed he managed to win that... wtf

edit: and now he's listening to Rainbow (A), best Kpop band :D

syllogism said:
Dimaga and ret are both incredibly inconsistent and overrated. For some reason them habitually going going like 1-4 and 0-3 in major events gets ignored. They don't appear to practice much either so I doubt they'll improve.

Ret has been practicing, and it resulted in some nice results until MLG where he lost game after game due to ridiculous droning. I'm not familiar with Dimaga's practice habits, but he did just win a big tournament.

Q8D3vil

which zerg do you think is better than them in the foreigners scene in the last 3 months ?

syllogism

PhoenixDark said:
Ret has been practicing, and it resulted in some nice results until MLG where he lost game after game due to ridiculous droning. I'm not familiar with Dimaga's practice habits, but he did just win a big tournament.
How are you familiar with Ret's practice habbits though? I haven't seen him grinding much at all on his EU account
Q8D3vil said:
which zerg do you think is better than them in the foreigners scene in the last 3 months ?
I don't rate any of them except Sen highly, but Nerchio/Stephano both still seem better right now than dimaga/ret

Q8D3vil

syllogism said:
How are you familiar with Ret's practice habbits though? I haven't seen him grinding much at all on his EU account

I don't rate any of them except Sen highly, but Nerchio/Stephano both still seem better right now than dimaga/ret
Ret won bnet invitational and dimaga won assembly which is bigger than any tournament that any of these two have won.
sen is good but lack results, did he even win anything ?

syllogism said:

He's always grinding on his US account, and I thought his recent play outside of MLG showed he was in quite a solid place.

On the flip side, how do you know Dimaga doesn't practice/grind?

Holden

Q8D3vil said:
Ret won bnet invitational and dimaga won assembly which is bigger than any tournament that any of these two have won.
sen is good but lack results, did he even win anything ?

Sen wins like every TeSL ( tawain gsl basicly ) or what ever is in taiwan

Dooraven

Hugoboss21 said:
Sen wins like every TeSL ( tawain gsl basicly ) or what ever is in taiwan

...this is season is the first time he's participating in it lol (also the reason why he left fnatic) and the taiwanese server is worse than NA

syllogism

PhoenixDark said:
He's always grinding on his US account, and I thought his recent play outside of MLG showed he was in quite a solid place.

On the flip side, how do you know Dimaga doesn't practice/grind?
Why would he be grinding on the US account though, it doesn't make sense for an EU player who actually is interested in practicing

Obviously he isn't bad at all, and indeed is a "top" foreigner zerg, I just don't think dimaga/ret are evaluated objectively because everyone either likes their personalities or were huge fanboys from BW. When idra goes 2-3 in MLG everyone calls him trash, while no one blinks an eye when ret goes 1-4 and gets eliminated soon after. Similarly Dimaga has quite a few disastrous showings and for instance his games against socke in homestory cup were mindbogglingly embarrassing

MrKnives

syllogism said:
Why would he be grinding on the US account though, it doesn't make sense for an EU player who actually is interested in practicing

Obviously he isn't bad at all, and indeed is a "top" foreigner zerg, I just don't think dimaga/ret are evaluated objectively because everyone either likes their personalities or were huge fanboys from BW. When idra goes 2-3 in MLG everyone calls him trash, while no one blinks an eye when ret goes 1-4 and gets eliminated soon after. Similarly Dimaga has quite a few disastrous showings and for instance his games against socke in homestory cup were mindbogglingly embarrassing

They aren't performing every event they enter but some events they win (Assembly for Dimaga and Bnet EU for Ret)
What has Stephano or Nerchio won lately? Something bigger than some $50 weekend cup?

Holden

syllogism said:

Obviously he isn't bad at all, and indeed is a "top" foreigner zerg, I just don't think dimaga/ret are evaluated objectively because everyone either likes their personalities or were huge fanboys from BW. When idra goes 2-3 in MLG everyone calls him trashi, while no one blinks an eye when ret goes 1-4 and gets eliminated soon after. Similarly Dimaga has quite a few disastrous showings and for instance his games against socke in homestory cup were mindbogglingly embarrassing

Cause people are retards and are happy when people like idra loses. Oh ret, he lost but it can happen! -_-;; Kinda hypocritical cause i hated huk alot before he came "kinda" good but i didn't shove it in the faces of people around all the forums i can find saying "HAHAHAH HUK LOST LOOOL"

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Hugoboss21 said:
Cause people are faggots and are happy when people like idra loses. Oh ret, he lost but it can happen! -_-;; Kinda hypocritical cause i hated huk alot before he came "kinda" good but i didn't shove it around all the forums i can find saying "HAHAHAH HUK LOST LOOOL"
Classy.

Q8D3vil

EU is tough, a lot of top players so its easy to lose to each other.

Why is NA under maintenance? Shouldn't be the patch because SEA nearly always gets it first, would be pretty surprised.
patch is going to hit today ?
doubt that, its probably just regular maintenance.

Holden

Q8D3vil said:
patch is going to hit today ?
doubt that, its probably just regular maintenance.

8 hours for a regular maintenance =/ goddammit blizzard, well its happening while im sleeping :] np oh and i i guess i can use my eu account

syllogism said:

That's simply not true; Ret has received a lot of criticism over poor play. Part of the reason his MLG play was so disappointing is because of his good results recently. Idra doesn't bomb out of tournaments as often, but when he does (like MLG) he sees quite a lot of puzzled responses.

Dimaga has been playing well recently, and is a top foreigner zerg if not the best.

syllogism

Q8D3vil said:
EU is tough, a lot of top players so its easy to lose to each other.
Yes, and that's the whole point. If he is laddering on NA because he hates losing, he obviously isn't playing to practice

and nope on Dimaga

Q8D3vil

syllogism said:
Yes, and that's the whole point. If he is laddering on NA because he hates losing, he obviously isn't playing to practice

and nope on Dimaga
i meant that for the tournament not for ladder.
who give a fuck about ladder anyway.
empire happy is always high on the ladder but he seem to fail to take any decent spot in big tournaments.

MrKnives

syllogism said:
His EU account? He does play customs, but not like mass games them ala morrow

A lot of pro's seem to have more than one accounts they do not share with their fans. I can easily see them playing on them so they won't be harassed 24/7 by fans.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Cheeto said:
What have I missed in the past few months?

A patch, several page long discussions over the warp prism, Terran is imba, Zerg is imba, infestors are hilarious, ponies, MLG, uhhhhhh Idra ACTUALLY raging at MLG and breaking a key on his keyboard.

Vaporak

Cheeto said:

As far as the game goes: the PvT metagame regressing back to what it was in the first month of release, but more refined, and the rise of the Infestor. In the tournament scene: Korean's own white dudes.

Oh and Huk left liquid for EG.

Yoshichan

Cheeto said:
Absolutely nothing.

Yoshichan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom