• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome Animals said:
How do you think that is...hmm...?

BTW, what is that picture posted by nilbog?

Hey, sorry I didn't respond to your Steam messages last night, I think I was already asleep by the time you sent them and left steam on. :(

Tntnnbltn

IMFenix confirmed.

tumblr_lquf6ei2iW1r0bzqlo1_400.png

I actually find this more exciting than foreign teams picking up Koreans.

hamchan

Wow, that's pretty damn good for Fenix!
He definitely showed his worth today lol.

"Unfortunately we need to be striving towards having the best players in the world to match our ambitions for our team. Fenix lately hasnt been able to prove he has what it takes. So its time to part ways to make room for some new talent to enter our team. We will be picking up some players in the near future so stay tuned"
lol

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
First time a foreigner pro player joins a sc2 team. I mean I guess you can count Torch with ST but he was just a figurehead than an actual player.

Q8D3vil

hamchan said:
Wow, that's pretty damn good for Fenix!
He definitely showed his worth today lol.

lol
the qoute explains this
uBV9C.png

would not be surprised if they didn't renew their players and get koreans instead.

MrKnives

Just saaw Destiny doing the Drone - Wall off - Mineral clicking trick. Worked like a charm against a Protoss who was walling him in. The pylons were even finished and he managed to kill that.

Deadly

Q8D3vil said:
would not be surprised if they didn't renew their players and get koreans instead.
Wouldn't be surprising considering Rain is the only player that's been showing results. Maybe Nightend too in Europe? Who would they be able to get though...

Q8D3vil

prodystopian said:
Wow, this is awesome. Are there any really great matches I should check out? I watched off and on, but was stranded with bad internet last weekend and am just catching up on things.
if you are terran check bomber games.

Wouldn't be surprising considering Rain is the only player that's been showing results. Maybe Nightend too in Europe? Who would they be able to get though...
nightend is not showing any good results lately.
they will probably get rid of tt1 and kawaiirice when their contract ends.

Mairu

Damn, that's really awesome that Fenix went to IM. It's cool to see a foreigner joining a Korean team and I remember from way back when Artosis did a tour of the IM house that they eventually wanted to recruit a foreigner.

Keikaku

Made it to Gold League as Terran
mvhxJ.jpg

I have officially hit Gold League with each race. Here's hoping I can continue onwards :)

Awesome Animals said:
What sparked this decision by MLG?

I have no idea, seems like it is just coming to light in the past few hours. No official response or anything yet. Probably because MLG's sponsors don't want competition getting airtime. No on sees the back of your shirt.

fnatic pulled from WCG2010 for a similar issue. FXO is threatening to not go if this rule goes into effect.

ultron87

That... is a really stupid decision.

I guess EG can just produce one Incontrol sized t-shirt to pass around the team whenever any of them play up there.

Rubashov

Hasn't there always been something like this in effect for the Halo "pros"? There was a lot of concern about MLG enforcing the jersey rules on the other players back when they were announcing StarCraft and going after SF4, but Sundance ensured everyone that it only applied to those Halo players who were official "MLG pros." That's bad news if they're talking about every game.

ultron87 said:
That... is a really stupid decision.

I guess EG can just produce one Incontrol sized t-shirt to pass around the team whenever any of them play up there.

I like the part where MLG is like "yo, if you need we can get you generic MLG jerseys." To me that just seems like the pair of sweatpants kids got sent to wear at school from the nurse when they were wearing short skirts or something inappropriate.

syllogism

FXOpeneSports
Umm, what am I reading about #MLG player jerseys... If what it says is true. And I interpret it correctly. I don't think MLG is on the cards

FXOpeneSports FXOpen e-Sports
@mrmlgadam Hi Adam, just to inform you if the shirt policy goes through, I will not be sending Leenock thbest and lucky to Florida.
8 minutes ago
I think FXOboss is usually quite obnoxious, but loving him for this

syllogism said:
I think FXOboss is usually quite obnoxious, but loving him for this

FXOboss doesn't pull punches.

Corran Horn said:
Im more curious about EGs reaction than FXOs.

Hopefully Scoots will say something about it.

Fredrik Reinius
@dignitasNewmaN Fredrik Reinius
Looks like we are gonna have to cover our Alienware logos when going to #MLG , an Alienware sponsored event (!) ;(

Oh dignitas.

Mairu

MLG jersey rules are lame and going to hurt MLG if they decide to put them through :(

Almost all of the existing SC2 jerseys, if not all of them don't abide by their new rules :/

ultron87

I now have funny images in my mind of every player awkwardly shuffling sideways to his MLG booth while keeping his back to the audience as much as possible.

Rubashov

Wow, drama on reddit and TL, and only a few people mention Halo in this. The title of the email is "Updated Jersey rules..." There are no rules for the Starcraft players, as far as I know.

The header of the email: "Message to All Pro Players" Is that for every professional gamer or no? "Pro" has been a term they use for the top Halo players who make it to the main stage. I believe they actually enter a contract together, regardless of what teams they're on. The other games have not worked like this, obviously. So MLG gives them the title of MLG Pro and makes them wear certain jerseys, or a generic MLG jersey if they have none.

Why didn't everyone get this email if it meant the general term of pro player? Well, here's the source of the pic, from Reddit:

Sam Mathews (CEO/Founder of Fnatic) got that image via the Fnatic Halo squad who has been at every MLG event this pro circuit.
This has been on-going issue about jerseys on mainstage for MLG.

sam mathews created fnatic. i believe they sent that email to his halo team.

The mockup supplied is also of a Halo team. So this is probably a bunch of screaming about a damn Halo email.

Mairu said:
In other news viOlet moves from MVP to a Filipino team: http://www.teamazk.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=16&id=64&Itemid=521#64

that's kind of weird

Incredibly weird. I also keep confusing him with the BW player Violet on KT.

Rubashov said:
Wow, drama on reddit and TL, and only a few people mention Halo in this. The title of the email is "Updated Jersey rules..." There are no rules for the Starcraft players, as far as I know.

From the Raleigh rules:

2. Players may not appear on a Main Stage or Feature Station with sponsor insignia that is not approved by MLG or conflicts with MLG sponsors. Players and Coaches may be asked to wear MLG apparel for Main Stage and Feature Station Matches.

Seems like Sundance wants to go public with some information that is somehow related to the sponsor changes, which is why he needs to make a phone call.

I'm calling it. Profit sharing for pool players.

Corran Horn said:

Let's get it done. Now, we need to figure out a sponsor, and we need to submit Corran's stream to TeamLiquid for Wednesday nights. We can bill it as a causal/comedy Starcraft II stream that talks about anything. Every once in a while we get some decent discussion going about race balance and strategy.

Done and done.

Rubashov

ShallNoiseUpon said:
Incredibly weird. I also keep confusing him with the BW player Violet on KT.

From the Raleigh rules:

2. Players may not appear on a Main Stage or Feature Station with sponsor insignia that is not approved by MLG or conflicts with MLG sponsors. Players and Coaches may be asked to wear MLG apparel for Main Stage and Feature Station Matches.
That can still be a legacy rule that applies to the players that have contracts with MLG. But remember when Sundance was on Live on Three a year ago or so, and he was talking about jerseys and sponsors. He made it sound like they had the power to do evil, but it wouldn't make sense to drive away teams because of a rule like this and fracture the league. I guess we'll see if they still have any sense in a bit.

Rubashov said:
That can still be a legacy rule that applies to the players that have contracts with MLG. But remember when Sundance was on Live on Three a year ago or so, and he was talking about jerseys and sponsors. He made it sound like they had the power to do evil, but it wouldn't make sense to drive away teams because of a rule like this and fracture the league. I guess we'll see if they still have any sense in a bit.

Perhaps. I am not at all familiar with pre-SC2 MLG or how it operated.

Holden

apparently the jersey change wont happen this season, starts in 2012 for sc2

Jinro said:
Hm, too bad - I really enjoyed playing MLGs.

Way to fuck your players over.

Sundance said:

Ok - so in a nutshell the post regarding team uniforms that was recently posted was not yet ready for public consumption. The email that was sent out was sent early and out of context. My goal is to work with teams and players to design a standardized uniform jersey that can be rolled out for next season. As in 2012. The uniform that is in the email that went out was originally intended to open up our what happens on the Halo side of things. Not unilateral.

Anyway - My hope is that a company that I run would not release anything this important or impactful via a blanket email. It's simply not OK. I have been spread thin lately and people were trying to follow my directions but some how the intent was lost in translation.

TLDR version -

There will be NO jersey changes for this season other than Halo teams being allowed to add sponsors to the jerseys as presented in the email.

I want to work with teams and players to design a true league uniform that will work for all parties.

Rubashov

You make it sound like that was Jinro's response to Sundance's announcement lol. That comment was half an hour ago, in the pitchfork phase.

This is no big deal, and apparently they're actually adding sponsor logos to Halo. Hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom