• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mairu

cdyhybrid said:
Losing constantly isn't fun =\

If "deciding to get better" means playing 4-5 hours a day then I guess I'll have to quit. I promised myself I would never go back to MMOS :p
watch sc2 play whatever else you want

some day i'll play again

some day...

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
cdyhybrid said:
Losing constantly isn't fun =\

If "deciding to get better" means playing 4-5 hours a day then I guess I'll have to quit. I promised myself I would never go back to MMOS :p

then don't lose, play against the computer, play custom maps.

@ Mairu.. i tell myself that every day, and every day I make up a new excuse.

Oh my laptop overheats after 10 minutes
Oh i need a desk
oh i need a mouse
oh I need to watch the GSL now

YOU ARE WEAK NICK. WEAK

YES SIR OK SIR
WEAK DON TTALK BACK
shjfhdsf

zoukka

cdyhybrid said:

If you really want to get better, you need to analyze your own play, find the biggest flaws in your mechanics and just improve on them. It would help a lot if you could find a sparring partner who can point this stuff out.

Vaporak

cdyhybrid said:

I've never played that much in the entire time SC2 has been out and I'm much higher than bronze.

cdyhybrid

zoukka said:
If you really want to get better, you need to analyze your own play, find the biggest flaws in your mechanics and just improve on them. It would help a lot if you could find a sparring partner who can point this stuff out.

I know that, but it didn't matter what I did tonight. I could hit every inject perfectly, creep up 3/4 of the map, build the perfect units at the perfect time, and still find a way to lose.

Vaporak said:
I've never played that much in the entire time SC2 has been out and I'm much higher than bronze.

I'm actually Plat but I wasn't playing like it tonight. The Very Easy AI could have built nothing for 30 minutes, attacked me with its initial 6 workers, and found a way to kill me even if I were 200/200 on Ultras.

cdyhybrid

zoukka said:
Now that's just angst :)

People here will give you feedback if you post replays.

Well I can either rage through text or give myself a concussion from headbutting my desk :p Where would I upload replays so others can see them?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
ling n roaches ling n roaches ling n roaches ling n roaches

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
guys, I want to buy a laptop... how much are they supposed to be worth? I want a cheap one for basic document uses and basic web-browsing. It must have windows 7.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Do you want to game? If just for word processing and web surfing then you can get one for like 200-300 dollars. I have a netbook (smaller laptop) i got for like 200. I use it for school.

Btw at college there was chalk designs of starcraft 2 stuff and in big words ZERG RUSH! (its rush time for college clubs)

cdyhybrid

Pandaman said:
http://www.mediafire.com/
no login
drag and drop the files
no wait time
unlimited parrallel downloads

I've heard of mediafire before but never actually uploaded anything to it! Pretty convenient.

Ling Infestor loses to Archon Chargelot

ZvT where a-moved SCVs could have killed me

God-awful 4gate defense, beginning of full-on tilt, now with bonus rage and BM!

Air units are the counter to anti-air units/structures

Ling/Bane/Infestor loses to MMM, why do I even bother playing this game

Tell me I am beyond redemption and will never win another game. Off to bed, good night GAF. I hope you guys make me cry when I read the analysis!

So sc2 gaf, what is your personal state of the game looking like?

ZvZ: still bullshit, but I've been having success using Destiny's cheese build. I find it impossible to learn anything in ZvZ, as the majority of matches revolve around some type of cheese or a Roach timing. In other matches I can kind of get excited about seeing certain pushes or all ins, but meh for this shit.

ZvP: Feels good man. Of course if I let the deathball form it's an insta loss, but I've been having fun experimenting with some stuff. From Roach/ling attacks against 3 gate expand to Destiny's Infestor shit. Last game I played was on Shakuras Plateau. The Toss did the typical forge expand, I went Infestors. I used an overlord to get vision of the extractors at his nat, threw a shit ton of infested terrans there, then when he moved his army off his ramp I flooded in with a shit ton of lings.

ZvT: I'm probably winning 10% of my ZvTs, if that. Every game boils down to Hellion pressure which forces me to cut drones, go with Roaches, or try ling/sim city and pray. Then it's followed up with marine/tank and I've got next to nothing. If I live long enough to get Mutas out they don't do much damage. You can kill a shit ton of SCVs and still not cripple Terran at all. Gotta kill those production buildings

zoukka

Pandaman said:
and I'm much higher than vaporak with much less games played!

and i started in silver at release.

I had no prior Starcraft experience when I started SC2.

Got placed gold and instadiamonded.

PhoenixDark said:
ZvT: I'm probably winning 10% of my ZvTs, if that. Every game boils down to Hellion pressure which forces me to cut drones, go with Roaches, or try ling/sim city and pray. Then it's followed up with marine/tank and I've got next to nothing. If I live long enough to get Hydras out they don't do much damage. You can kill a shit ton of SCVs and still not cripple Terran at all. Gotta kill those production buildings

faceoff2.gif

MrKnives

Sorry that I'm going back but let me get see if I got this right.

1. TT1 and Fenix made a deal that no matter who won the finals between them they split the money 50-50. The mexico tournament with 10k or so.

2. TT1 made carriers and stupid stuff like that and just goofed in general so Fenix won.

3. After the tournament Fenix decided he didn't want to share the prize money so TT1 is pissed about it and now whining about it on the forums.

That's like robbing a bank with your friend and then complaining to the police that he run away with the money. I know there's probably a lot of different opinions on the matter but to me that's pretty much cheating. They made fun of the tournament by not playing at their best. I can see TT1 being mad about it but he should just shut the fuck up and not even bring it up.

Yoshichan

Corran Horn said:
Do you want to game? If just for word processing and web surfing then you can get one for like 200-300 dollars. I have a netbook (smaller laptop) i got for like 200. I use it for school.
Thanks! No I'm not planning on gaming. Just writing FAQs

Dooraven

Basically that entire thread on TL has turned into a "pros/esports people" v "spectators".

All I can comment on it is that this stuff isn't really new or anything, it's their prize money that they won and if they decide to split, well it's their choice. As long as pros put up a proper game and play to win I don't really mind. TT1 was an idiot for doing 1 base carrier and complaining about it though. And Fenix was a dick for not honouring an agreement but eh.

syllogism

MrKnives said:
Sorry that I'm going back but let me get see if I got this right.

1. TT1 and Fenix made a deal that no matter who won the finals between them they split the money 50-50. The mexico tournament with 10k or so.

2. TT1 made carriers and stupid stuff like that and just goofed in general so Fenix won.

3. After the tournament Fenix decided he didn't want to share the prize money so TT1 is pissed about it and now whining about it on the forums.

That's like robbing a bank with your friend and then complaining to the police that he run away with the money. I know there's probably a lot of different opinions on the matter but to me that's pretty much cheating. They made fun of the tournament by not playing at their best. I can see TT1 being mad about it but he should just shut the fuck up and not even bring it up.
Not cheating at all. The only questionable part of that was TT1 supposedly not playing entirely seriously against Fenix, but even that isn't that big a deal when there's no betting involved. That is to say, it makes me think less of him, but it's in no way cheating.

Dooraven

Though if this goes further and develops into a match fixing scandal well then anyone who does that ought to be banned from tourneys. And if mfs occur in starcraft 2.. well then we're one step towards being considered a sport..

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Ling Infestor loses to Archon Chargelot
always send the ovie to close air first, the ovie gets there quicker, safer and your opponent is equally likely to be there as he is close by ground.

also, as far as im concerned you deserve to lose this game for not even seeing an enemy building until the 8minute mark. You were out macrod, out scouted and your engagements and fungals were terrible all while having a weaker unit composition. the way you were playing you had no business winning this game.

God-awful 4gate defense, beginning of full-on tilt, now with bonus rage and BM!
where did you think that stalker was going? you know protoss saw you go gas/pool. you know he knows you have speed, so why would he build a weak second unit and suicide it across the map if he was nt planning aggression?

also, zerglings are the go to counter to a 4gate as they build quickly and in overwhelming numbers. you can temporarily retreat with the queen and then aggress again when the lings pop and then follow through the roaches as he adds on zealots to deal with the lings.

the good news about zealots is that he cant micro versus lings. if you get spines up, he cant threaten to poke in because his melee units will just take free damage if he doesn't commit. zealots force toss to stall into an overwhelming push, which gives you the time you need to establish your defenses.

you made mistakes, so you lost. The solution is to just remember why you lost the next time you're in a similair situation and eventually you'll figure it out and laugh off every 4gate.
Ling/Bane/Infestor loses to MMM, why do I even bother playing this game
at the end of the game:
71 drones vs 43 scv's
91 food vs 120 food
10,451 minerals vs 130 minerals
3,642 gas vs 1,674 gas

there were ofcourse some minour problems throughtout the game, for example leaving burrowed units on creep where terran is sure to scan them and pumping lings after muta despite sweeping terrans army and having an unsaturated third as wel as teching to hive despite not pursuing any hive techpaths or utilizing any research unlocks.

but look at those numbers and tell me you had lost that game.
tell me it couldn't be done.

phoenixdark said:
ZvZ is my happy place right now, im enjoying my trip back back into 14/13 away from hatch firsts. ling counters are dynamic and powerful with +1 and im finding ways into hive tech lately.

ZvP I feel like is in a good place but i keep mucking up my games with silliness. I'm not happy where i am with it right now as i shoud be doing much better much more consistently, but the failure is obviousy on my end.

ZvT if he 2raxxes i win, if he goes anything else into bio or vanilla marine/tank, i'm having trouble adapting my tech and getting the unit counts i need on the fly. I think i need a new build for hellion/reaper play with later tech and possibly a refocus on +1/+1 with baneling. I havent really found a build that interests me yet though and with the patch coming i might just find my current build falling back into style. This is probably my hardest matchup at the momemt because i feel im losing because i don't understand something or have a failing in mechanics.

Mairu

Have you seen a ZeNEX player on camera? Their jersey is empty outside of the ZeNEX logo. AWESOME on Puzzle going to a team with the financial ability to support their players.

syllogism

Considering even BW teams struggle to find sponsors, it's hardly surprising. The teams have realized they have to attract multinational/foreign sponsors and thus require a stronger foreign presence. Korean companies aren't interested.

Vaporak

Mairu said:
vYJg3.jpg

SlayerS_Puzzle is official

YAY

SLAYERSFIGHTING

Zenex is definetly a gutted team from this, the probably won't be around too much longer. Slayers however has gotten a MUCH more well rounded line up thanks to getting Coca and Puzzle.

syllogism

Oh Idra beat Rain 3-1 in IEM china qualifiers, about time he beat a korean. Demuslim beat Rain as well and ended up qualifying along with Idra

Holden

syllogism said:
Oh Idra beat Rain 3-1 in IEM china qualifiers, about time he beat a korean. Demuslim beat Rain as well and ended up qualifying along with Idra

i wouldn't relly consider Rain a "korean" gamer, he doesn't play in korea anymore; they have no zerg players on their team...

lol tt1 got temp banned on tl.net, 30 days =P

Dooraven

Am I reading the osl semis preview correctly? Jangbi beat flash? Jangbi beat god? WTF. Come on Jangbi win this OSL. Revive the Legend of the Fall.

Holden

Dooraven said:
Am I reading the osl semis preview correctly? Jangbi beat flash? Jangbi beat god? WTF. Come on Jangbi win this OSL. Revive the Legend of the Fall.

Yo if you knew, players in BW at top are uselly the same level... If flash doesn't practice 12 hours a day, he can lose to anybody.

zoukka

Killing 2rax is super-easy if you just don't let any silly bunkers to finish. Drones op and after patch it's way easier.

My current play against all races is the same. I'm terrible at knowing timings and the metagame (I don't "practice"), so if someone knows a great timing to punish whatever I'm doing, it's very likely I will have hard time defending, if they are successfull at repelling my scouting. (50/50 overseer COCK YES)

If my opponent plays "standard", then I trust my mechanics and my wits.

Jeff-DSA

PhoenixDark said:

TvT - Win like 80% of these. Most Terrans wall off, but they don't keep a good eye out for Hellion drops. Burns 'em up. My siege play is also pretty strong.

TvP - Easiest matchup. I feel really dumb if I lose to a Protoss and it wasn't just some stupid cheese that caught me off guard.

TvZ - I win like 25% of these, which is way up from before. Zerg is just ridiculous. If you fail in your early pressure, you'll never keep up economically and then they have some compositions that are near unbeatable. Too many Mutas? Not coming back. Get Brood Lord/Infestor out? Game over.

I just barely finished a game against a Zerg where I successfully Hellion dropped him early, did a big damage drop a little later, and then finally made a strong siege/marine elevator into his main. Each time he just craps out a million lings to hold pressure, and then he gets BL/Infestor out and it's over. I had 8 Vikings out, but fungals crushed them along with my ground army. It's ridiculous. I have the bigger supply most of the game, I keep pressure on, and he wins because he just has to get a handful of the right units out and I can't do much.

And yes, I had Ghosts out.

MrKnives

Dooraven said:
Basically that entire thread on TL has turned into a "pros/esports people" v "spectators".

All I can comment on it is that this stuff isn't really new or anything, it's their prize money that they won and if they decide to split, well it's their choice. As long as pros put up a proper game and play to win I don't really mind. TT1 was an idiot for doing 1 base carrier and complaining about it though. And Fenix was a dick for not honouring an agreement but eh.

It's their prize money after they win it. Problem is that I don't know how you can have the same "proper" game when you know that no matter what you do or how you play you are going to walk away with the same amount of money.
I don't care what people say but you do give out that extra "umph" when trying to win that 10k instead of 2k 2nd place.

syllogism said:
Not cheating at all. The only questionable part of that was TT1 supposedly not playing entirely seriously against Fenix, but even that isn't that big a deal when there's no betting involved. That is to say, it makes me think less of him, but it's in no way cheating.

I do agree that it's not as bad as cheating or match fixing but it's still highly questionable. Imagine everyone would start doing that. I'm not saying throw them in jail but if I would be a tournament organizer I would think twice before inviting TT1 or Fenix again.

zoukka

Jeff-DSA said:
I just barely finished a game against a Zerg where I successfully Hellion dropped him early, did a big damage drop a little later, and then finally made a strong siege/marine elevator into his main. Each time he just craps out a million lings to hold pressure, and then he gets BL/Infestor out and it's over. I had 8 Vikings out, but fungals crushed them along with my ground army. It's ridiculous. I have the bigger supply most of the game, I keep pressure on, and he wins because he just has to get a handful of the right units out and I can't do much.

And yes, I had Ghosts out.

Delicious imbastors.

Also it's just likely that the zergs at your level are better at macro so you should maybe improve on that.

Q8D3vil

after not playing for 5 days (except 111 against holden) my game sense and timing are poor right now.
i should have played 3 games every day just to keep up :/

Jeff-DSA

zoukka said:
Delicious imbastors.

Also it's just likely that the zergs at your level are better at macro so you should maybe improve on that.

It's not a macro issue. It's a composition issue. Muta/ling/bling is impossible to deal with for bio, and Brood Lord/Infestor is impossible to deal with for mech OR bio. I did go 2-2 against Zergs tonight, but in the two games where Infestors came into play I lost. It's a total easy mode unit.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
marking the 1 year anno of GSL I will make a thread :) it will be a special thread i'll work on over the next few hours.

does anyone have any suggestions for must watch games to list for people?

leenock vs clide
sc vs nestea
foxer vs kyrix

GSL s1 final

any others?

which final had the best spectacle, something to make the new kids go WOH.

and any other suggestions on things to include?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Jeff-DSA said:
It's not a macro issue. It's a composition issue. Muta/ling/bling is impossible to deal with for bio, and Brood Lord/Infestor is impossible to deal with for mech OR bio. I did go 2-2 against Zergs tonight, but in the two games where Infestors came into play I lost. It's a total easy mode unit.
kiGPF.jpg

@holycheck: nasl finals, the terminus game in particular.

Dooraven

HolyCheck said:
marking the 1 year anno of GSL I will make a thread :) it will be a special thread i'll work on over the next few hours.

does anyone have any suggestions for must watch games to list for people?

leenock vs clide
sc vs nestea
foxer vs kyrix

GSL s1 final

any others?

which final had the best spectacle, something to make the new kids go WOH.

and any other suggestions on things to include?

MC v Puma Nasl finals, Game 5 and Game 6 on Terminus and Taldarim. I wish I could recommend the Crevasse game (game 7), but MC basically threw that game away.

Also Trickster v Clide

Jeff-DSA said:

So how much time have you spent playing zerg to know this?

Also in general blaming racial imbalance is a surefire way to ensure that you will continue to lose.

Dooraven

Bah, just reread that. All GSL finals have been pretty terrible.

But I suppose you could put MKP v MarineKing in the GSL WC finals and MC v Rain on his open season (just for the story) oh and yeah Fruitdealer's GSL 1 run

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Vaporak said:
I don't think he wants vod's of NASL in the GSL anniversary thread >.>
why would he want gsl finals in a gsl anniversary thread if the idea is to show off good matchups.

Jeff-DSA

AdventureRacing said:
So how much time have you spent playing zerg to know this?

Also in general blaming racial imbalance is a surefire way to ensure that you will continue to lose.

The fact that Infestors are getting a nerf is telling enough. It's a fact that Infestors are overpowered as they are right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom