• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holden

Rubashov said:
You make it sound like that was Jinro's response to Sundance's announcement lol. That comment was half an hour ago, in the pitchfork phase.

This is no big deal, and apparently they're actually adding sponsor logos to Halo. Hilarious.

swapped it hope it's better :[

syllogism

That just means the discussion is delayed until next season. Now, I don't expect these rules to stand, but the threat is still there

Rubashov said:
You make it sound like that was Jinro's response to Sundance's announcement lol. That comment was half an hour ago, in the pitchfork phase.

This is no big deal, and apparently they're actually adding sponsor logos to Halo. Hilarious.

WAIT! You mean the Starcraft/E-Sports community overreacted without knowing the full story?

Impossible. Implausible. We have such a mild mannered, and understanding community. There is no way they would act unreasonable or irrationally based on a leaked and vague email.

Mairu

I can totally understand how MLG would have the clout to be able to pull off restricting sponsorship visibility on Halo jerseys considering without MLG there is no competitive Halo. I imagine we'll get something pretty different if they are able to finalize a standardized jersey for MLG SC2 considering there's a lot more than MLG to go to for SC2.

Mairu said:
I can totally understand how MLG would have the clout to be able to pull off restricting sponsorship visibility on Halo jerseys considering without MLG there is no competitive Halo. I imagine we'll get something pretty different if they are able to finalize a standardized jersey for MLG SC2 considering there's a lot more than MLG to go to for SC2.
Agreed, I feel like if mlg pushes this to hard or far next season a lot of the teams will take their ball and go play on someone elses court.

V_Arnold

I just love waiting for the next BIG THING that causes shitstorms on TL.
It is amazing.

Like leopards, waiting to pounce on their next prey.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
"My goal is to work with teams and players to design a standardized uniform jersey that can be rolled out for next season"

Why though? Apart from the ability to censor certain sponsors this is just pointless.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Ikuu said:
"My goal is to work with teams and players to design a standardized uniform jersey that can be rolled out for next season"

Why though? Apart from the ability to censor certain sponsors this is just pointless.

Because if the sponsors of MLG are that much bigger than the sponsors of certain teams, they have the power to.

So cool to see Fenix join IM, and this time he'll be a true player not just interviews&pr like Torch was with ST.

Can't wait to see how he, Naniwa and Sase do after couple of months in korea.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
HolyCheck said:
Because if the sponsors of MLG are that much bigger than the sponsors of certain teams, they have the power to.
All it takes are the teams to boycott and mlg is fucked.

Haunted

It's always something.

Don't really care for the jersey thing or TT1 calling Fenix a liar and a cheat, implying that Fenix got thrown off fnatic because TT1 said "either him or me", but Fenix joining IM and IM's expeditionary 4-man squad (including Nestea!) going to EU/NA events is big news.

Loved this one:

fourhorsement1.jpg

IM getting off the airport

jasonng

hamchan said:
Holy crap it's personal time with Day[9] in today's daily.

EDIT: OMG now he's weeping. Love this guy so much.

...I think he's in love with his friend Cambria.
Just saw that daily today, it was a really heartwarming moment. Day9 really is an all around great guy.

HolyCheck

Pandaman said:
nestea, losira, mvp...

what the fuck, GG rest of world.

agreed, and the huge thing with Fenix is IM now have some one who knows all the foreign players, knows their playstyles, knows their weaknesses, no need to fumble about on the internet when they don't speak english that well. they have a source who knows where to look.

We're all doomed and they're going to take our wallets.

Haunted said:
It's always something.

Don't really care for the jersey thing or TT1 calling Fenix a liar and a cheat, implying that Fenix got thrown off fnatic because TT1 said "either him or me", but Fenix joining IM and IM's expeditionary 4-man squad (including Nestea!) going to EU/NA events is big news.

At least Fenix wasn't a BW hacker. TT1 is and always has been a piece of shit.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
big grats to Keikaku

Striek

Theres basically no worthwhile proscene in the SEA region. SEAs server is dying, and most GM players are mediocre low-masters NA level (or lower, I beat some SEA GMs with my terran last night). I don't think any player of Violets caliber would move to the phillipines. Take a huge sponsorship and stay in Korea, maybe.

For the same reason I don't see how the FXO house in Malaysia will work out.

HolyCheck

Striek said:
Theres basically no worthwhile proscene in the SEA region. SEAs server is dying, and most GM players are mediocre low-masters NA level (or lower, I beat some SEA GMs with my terran last night). I don't think any player of Violets caliber would move to the phillipines. Take a huge sponsorship and stay in Korea, maybe.

For the same reason I don't see how the FXO house in Malaysia will work out.

It's really quite sad too, given how motivated the scene was early on, and still is, theres always tournaments, always news always people rallying to put on events.. the ability to just get better doesnt seem to be there :(

Dooraven

HolyCheck said:
It's really quite sad too, given how motivated the scene was early on, and still is, theres always tournaments, always news always people rallying to put on events.. the ability to just get better doesnt seem to be there :(

Ehhh Most people just play on the NA server to be honest, since we get a free one and the competition is much better there.

Striek

HolyCheck said:
Theres a few really good players in SEA, but they mostly play on NA. I blame the juvenile nature of most of SEAs teams (actually more like clans). Little to no sponsorship, run by immature managers, recruiting anyone with a pulse who is willing to put the clan tag in front of their battle.net ID, all while having no structured training.

I did intend to stay on the SEA servers but long wait times, facing the same people too may times in a row and just the lower quality overall made me switch.

That plus most of GAF plays on US.

hamchan

I'm sure most of us SEA folk play on NA. I've barely touched the SEA server since they let us enter NA (can't believe they locked us out at launch).

ultron87

Awesome Animals said:
I was going to try a moba game today, but I was to impatient to dl the client

The fact that I've played some VS Cpu League of Legends matches in the last week makes me feel like a horrible traitor.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
HolyCheck said:
damn it people! sumarise it ;_; i'm still at work for another 4 hours
Basically she was unprofessional. At one point before the start of a dota game she put down her headset and took out her phone leaving her co-caster alone, then later she just left mid game having everyone observe, at the event, a non-moving screen until someone jumped in.
SC2 wise she dated Moonglade for awhile and dumped him before his first GSL game then later in the day went into Huks booth and hugged him (plus other rumors if im reading it right).

Deadly

PhoenixDark said:
Wow, what she did to Moonglade...cold blooded. jesus..
Yeah fuckin terrible. "First game", when was that? Was it a Code A game?

Safe to say Huk probably nailed her? :lol

HolyCheck

cdyhybrid said:
Someone remind me why I bother to continue playing this game when I'll never be better than bronze level.

Because you play games for fun, not to be able to impress people.

zoukka

cdyhybrid said:
Someone remind me why I bother to continue playing this game when I'll never be better than bronze level.

You need to decide to get better instead of deciding not to.

Or just quit and play less stressfull games :)

cdyhybrid

HolyCheck said:
Because you play games for fun, not to be able to impress people.

Losing constantly isn't fun =\

zoukka said:
You need to decide to get better instead of deciding not to.

Or just quit and play less stressfull games :)

If "deciding to get better" means playing 4-5 hours a day then I guess I'll have to quit. I promised myself I would never go back to MMOS :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom