• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooraven

Q8D3vil said:
loner winning that tournament doesn't make sense at all. he even 2-0 everyone.
he must have been practicing hard.

There were close positions apparently, which would make more sense. Seriously Bejing stop having close positons :/

Though 2-0ing everyone is quite impressive.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Happy 31st Birthday Boxer!

(Guy still looks like he's in his early 20s, secret Asian aging techniques)

Im4as.jpg

Holden

Pancakes said:
Happy 31st Birthday Boxer!

(Guy still looks like he's in his early 20s, secret Asian aging techniques)

[G]http://i.imgur.com/Im4as.jpg[/IMG]

stop killing esports, i allready posted that a page or 2 ago!

zlatko

Banned
So, can someone give me the 411 on this Idra debacle? I haven't been following SC2 for like 2+ months, but the last few pages of funny pics got me curious.

So he GGed right at the start of a game? What tournament was this? How far in it was he? Who was his opponent? Why in the fuck did he do it?

<3

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Hugoboss21 said:
stop killing esports, i allready posted that a page or 2 ago!

Boxer deserves more than just 1 page.

Q8D3vil

zlatko said:
So, can someone give me the 411 on this Idra debacle? I haven't been following SC2 for like 2+ months, but the last few pages of funny pics got me curious.

So he GGed right at the start of a game? What tournament was this? How far in it was he? Who was his opponent? Why in the fuck did he do it?

<3
he lost game 1 to nerchio and decided not to play the second game.
it was in tl open.

Q8D3vil

zlatko said:
Not sure who Nerchio is. Did Idra ever state his reasoning?
he didn't
nerchio is a top zerg from eu (second place in ign pro league2 and he defeated idra in that tournament).
probably something to do with the imbalance in zvz.

Deadly

syllogism said:
Almost all players leave teams to join "better" ones at some point of their career. Basically the only exceptions to this are players who are already famous from BW/WC3 and thus get good teams immediately. Sometimes players happen to leave their old team for a reason unrelated to not being happy with salary/whatever, but this is very rare and sometimes it's just an excuse. The only difference is that TL has a bunch of fanboys who think players should be satisfied with whatever they are offering and anyone who dares to offer their players better opportunities and salary are hurting Esports(TM). Huk's contract was about to expire and he wanted to get offers from other teams and asked nazgul for a permission to negotiate with other teams. He got a better offer.
I think he's talking about the Puma fiasco and not Huk.

Does anybody who watched that TL Open think Idra was playing at or anywhere near Nerchio's level in general, throughout the course of the tournamentl?

Contracted, salaried, comfortable, fan-favorite (and therefore sponsor favorite) NA "bad boy" Zerg Idra compared to the relatively low-profile (though extremely successful in smaller online tournaments) Nerchio? A 100%, full-time, professional American dude against a Polish kid who plays, practices, and kicks ass at SC2. . . insofar as his studies allow?

Idra looked like shit in every regard compared to Nerchio from the beginning of the tournament to their respective exits. Just awful, and not just because he gave up a game before it even started. Nerchio was playing on a higher level in every respect: micro, macro, game and map awareness, in every matchup and every game either of them played.

Somebody flame me, tell me I'm wrong here.

syllogism

slidewinder said:
Does anybody who watched that TL Open think Idra was playing at or anywhere near Nerchio's level in general?

Contracted, salaried, comfortable, fan-favorite (and therefore sponsor favorite) NA "bad boy" Zerg Idra compared to the relatively low-profile (though extremely successful in smaller online tournaments) Nerchio? A 100%, full-time, professional American dude against a Polish kid who plays, practices, and kicks ass at SC2. . . insofar as his studies allow?

Idra looked like shit in every regard compared to Nerchio. Just awful, and not just because he gave up games before they even started.

He isn't playing at nerchio's level, but that game was a very standard zvz in which idra got an early advantage due to nerchio's worse opening and ling #s. Idra made two mistakes; not moving his overlord to scout (nerchio didn't either btw) and didn't have both of his queens at ramp in time. Otherwise neither player had time to demonstrate anything. Nerchio looked somewhat shaky in the finals, despite eventually winning 2-3

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
One of idra's strengths was a strong bw background but players are now catching up. ^^

Remember he would at times practice for only a few hours a day with better results.

ezrarh

slidewinder said:
Does anybody who watched that TL Open think Idra was playing at or anywhere near Nerchio's level in general?

Idra looked like shit in every regard compared to Nerchio. Just awful, and not just because he gave up games before they even started.

No you're right. Idra's play has regressed and his BM doesn't come off as funny anymore. It's just sad, especially if you saw his remarks in his games against BlastKalin. Also, his poor mental attitude is catching up to him even more now that other people's mechanics has improved.

Yeah. But fuck, syllogism, even that 1 Idra v. Nerchio game, that situation with Idra's lings chasing that mixed ling+bling of Nerchios back up Idra's ramp. That right there is HARDCORE STRAIGHT TO THE MARROW ZVZ SHIT.

And Nerchio was smart and a little faster and he won. Good for him.

Nerchio has a perfect record against Idra in sets, so I think it's safe to say he's a better player. I honestly think we're seeing Idra even out skill wise, and he seems to have little interest in getting significantly better. He'll train in Korea for a month or two, long enough to come back to the US and start owning scrubs again. But I don't get the impression he wants to dominate in general. He'd rather hide behind excuses until Zerg is "significantly" buffed.

Nerchio pulled off some impressive shit in the finals yesterday (alongside some sloppy play, true). Idra is being lapped by guys like Nerchio, Dimaga, Sen, and Stephano. Hell even Sheth has improved dramatically since the showmatch fail he had with Idra some months ago.

Zen

Banned
syllogism said:
Oh right, EG didn't follow Korean Code of Honorable Conduct or some nonsense

You mean that they under cut the team and management itself and directly snipped a player without entering in to formal negotiations? That's not just considered poor form in SC2/BW esports. You're suppose to go through the official channels and not blind side the organizations.

V_Arnold said:
Haha. Greedy "not paying their players" korean coaches must have been shocked.
Armchair generals on TL forums whose main hobby is "being shocked" or "being offensed" or "worrying over esport" instead of playing must have been shocked.

Everybody else? Not so much.

Hm, about that:

"A significant part of the players' (tester, FD) testimonies were false. Their statements were inconsistent with the truth regarding missed salary payments + copyright issues regarding use of their image. TSL does not want any punishment given to FD and tester, and thus their wish will be respected, and it is expected from these two players that they act in a more moral way in the future."

They also released details on how this misunderstanding occurred, and that KR Won Ki 'FruitDealer' Kim and KR Ki-Soo 'Trickster' Seo, might have not been completely true in their statements:

"The claim that coach lee visited the team house about twice a month was exaggerated.

We had agreed beforehand that tester, as the team captain, would shoulder some responsibilities of coach. We recognize that coach lee was indeed busy with the running of his pc bang and associated tournaments and other schedules.

After checking with the sponsor regarding their payments to TSL, we recognize that our first salaries were paid on the correct date. Although initially we were told different things by the sponsor and by coach lee, we now know that coach lee was not lying. There were also no problems regarding salary payments prior to the pair leaving TSL.

It is because of my rash decision that there was harm done to coach Lee. In their last month at TSL, tester and FD only showed up on less than 10 days, and they hold themselves accountable for their team atmosphere harming activities and refusal to participate in official TSL events/schedules

Regarding image usage rights, coach lee first said that he would pay for the use of FD and tester's photos (this was right after FD and tester left)
"but later, after finding out these details, we have agreed not to give/accept any payment.

We apologize for only thinking about our team's rights, and not thinking from coach lee's perspective and the potential relationship between our team and TSL. In conclusion, much of the details used in the original arbitration by the SC2 Committee was falsified. Exaggerations by FD and tester were due to their lack of information on the situation. There was a lot of emotional decision making on our part, which we regret"

http://www.sk-gaming.com/content/34335-TSL_returns_to_Starcraft_2_Committee

Zen said:
You mean that they under cut the team and management itself and directly snipped a player without entering in to formal negotiations? That's not just considered poor form in SC2/BW esports. You're suppose to go through the official channels and not blind side the organizations.
I'm not by any means an EG fan but Puma was non contracted, i.e. free agent, the only only official channel you need at that point is the player himself.

syllogism

I don't know how the "negotiation process" exactly went, but given the fact he wasn't even contracted, there was nothing to negotiate. I'm sure they informed the management at some point and it's possible they didn't do it early enough in the process, but what exactly can TSL do when the player isn't under a contract?

Zen

Banned
TheThunder said:
I'm not by any means an EG fan but Puma was non contracted, i.e. free agent, the only only official channel you need at that point is the player himself.
It's still expected that you actually inform the team that you are speaking to one of their free agents, if you are serious about acquiring them.

It's considered bad form to blindside another organization by not giving them time to factor it in to their ongoing plans.

There's blame with Puma and EG for not giving TSL a heads up. That's poor form and bad business. Can you imagine if Huk was technically a free agent and Liquid hadn't been informed until Huk essentially walked out with an EG shirt? Puma isn't that big to the NA scene so I think it was seen as more excusable, but really it shouldn't be.

Zen

Banned
syllogism said:
You don't actually know when TSL was informed and I've a hard time imagining that Puma didn't bring it up even

Actually I do.

Puma brought it up days after winning GSTL, and from the TSL coaches perspective, when Puma had already made up his mind. Only after the TSL coach had repeatedly asked him what was wrong over a period of time because Puma seemed stressed out for some time.

The way the PlayXP article reads, it seems like the conversation where TSL found out was one in the same where PUMA left the team.

syllogism

Zen said:
Actually I do.

Puma brought it up days after winning GSTL, and from the TSL coaches perspective, when Puma had already made up his mind. Only after the TSL coach had repeatedly asked him what was wrong over a period of time because Puma seemed stressed out for some time.

The way the PlayXP article reads, it seems like the conversation where TSL found out was one in the same where PUMA left the team.
So when is the appropriate time? If EG made inquiries about Puma's willingness to join and then waited until Puma had made up his mind, would this be the appropriate time? There is nothing to negotiate with TSL and if Puma doesn't want to join, there is no point in informing TSL

btw the playxp article proves nothing

Puma was not under contract. That should end this conversation for most sane people. If you want to treat esports like a real sport, it shouldn't be hard to see why EG picking up a free agent is no big deal.

fanboi

Banned
Awesome comment from a friend:

IM revelead their 4 players that will go play in internatiol events
Nestea - MVP - Losira - Fenix
which stands out?
It's like the four horsemen of the apocalypse but it's actually three and their retard brother
damn it must seem I hate fenix I dont. I'm just wondernig. All those players are like 10x better than him

Zen

Banned
syllogism said:
So when is the appropriate time? If EG made inquiries about Puma's willingness to join and then waited until Puma had made up his mind, would this be the appropriate time? There is nothing to negotiate with TSL and if Puma doesn't want to join, there is no point in informing TSL

btw the playxp article proves nothing

Sometime sooner than when it happened.

The play XP article gives a statement of time frame from the coach of TSL, something that he'd have no reason to lie about, not even EG has disputed the statements in the PlayXP article.

But we can continue to say that the outcry from the community was solely 'koreans being weird" and a Liquid/EG rivalry, I guess.

nilbog21

Banned
Hugoboss21 said:
Everybody
who wants to be good
should try out this micro trainer , cella was using it earlier, its relly good it has all 3 races with 10 challenges each and it gets harder more you play, its alot better better then the sc2 challenge thing

http://www.sc2mapster.com/maps/dargleins-micro-trainer/

but you need to change the gamespeed to fastest:

file - preference - test document - gamespeed ( Fastest )

I've been using it for protoss and its really good.

how many levels can you go? this shit is getting ridiculous T_T

ACE 1991

So what kind of performance do you guys get? I'm usually between 40-60 with i5 2500K (OC'd to 4.0ghz), 1gb 6950, and 8gb of ram. For some reason I thought this new build would sustain SC2 at max settings while rarely dipping below 60, but I guess it's a more demanding game than I realized.

Speaking of Puma, why hasn't he played in the last 2 code A qualis if his plans is to stay in korea with huk ?

Seems like a waste sitting there and doing nothing.

ACE 1991 said:
So what kind of performance do you guys get? I'm usually between 40-60 with i5 2500K (OC'd to 4.0ghz), 1gb 6950, and 8gb of ram. For some reason I thought this new build would sustain SC2 at max settings while rarely dipping below 60, but I guess it's a more demanding game than I realized.
It's not, the game is just not properly optimized at all.

MrKnives

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/home/what_kind_machine_will_run_starcraft_ii_we_find_out

and benchmarks show that you should be crushing SC2 at max settings

The machine we tried it out on is running a 2.67GHz quad-core Core i5 with a GTX 295 and 4 GB of RAM. In other words, it’s definitely no dream machine, but it’s got a lot of life left in it. How does StarCraft play? Amazing. With all settings maxed out at 1900 X 1200 this computer still plays Starcraft with an average 70 fps. Even in intense battles with lots of units, the game rarely dips below 60 fps.

Zen

Banned
I've found that reducing mouse lag does live up to it's warning and indeed reduces FPS. Do you notice a tangible benefit with that option enabled?

Q8D3vil said:
loner winning that tournament doesn't make sense at all. he even 2-0 everyone.
he must have been practicing hard.

Great for Loner, I hope we get to see him in some high profile stuff again soon.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Zen said:
I've found that reducing mouse lag does live up to it's warning and indeed reduces FPS. Do you notice a tangible benefit with that option enabled?

Great for Loner, I hope we get to see him in some high profile stuff again soon.
didn't qualify for wcg or blizzcon. so prob not

ACE 1991 said:
Weird. Why am I not getting FPS that high? Could it be because I have reduce mouse lag enabled?
Could be. That can be a big performance hit (and the game plays way better with it on, unfortunately).

How many CPU threads does this game make good use of?

Corran Horn

TheThunder said:
Speaking of Puma, why hasn't he played in the last 2 code A qualis if his plans is to stay in korea with huk ?

Seems like a waste sitting there and doing nothing.
He is in America. Probably to help train incontrol to play instead of looking at his tl pm's and teach idra gg timings.

Deadman

Maybe they have no place for him to stay either. It would seem tsl dont want him to live in their house and huk lives in the ogs house still.

Trickster

People insta leaving once the game starts in team games piss me off to no end, why the fuck do you queue up to a game if you're just gonna leave right away >_<

Corran Horn

Trickster said:
People insta leaving once the game starts in team games piss me off to no end, why the fuck do you queue up to a game if you're just gonna leave right away >_<
Yes they should gg before the game starts like a boss. :D

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
today I played 24 2v2s...

brb, something worthy of my life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom