• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooraven

Trickster said:
People insta leaving once the game starts in team games piss me off to no end, why the fuck do you queue up to a game if you're just gonna leave right away >_<

Perhaps they're emulating their role model :p?

Zen

Banned
Trickster said:
People insta leaving once the game starts in team games piss me off to no end, why the fuck do you queue up to a game if you're just gonna leave right away >_<

I think some people just like to troll, or they may even quit because they don't like the team composition they got. A dick move, either way.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
pretty sure people quit because they're achievement / win hunting.

lots of people who have their team mates quit still play and sometimes win. the person who quit still gets this recorded as a win

Trickster

HolyCheck said:
pretty sure people quit because they're achievement / win hunting.

lots of people who have their team mates quit still play and sometimes win. the person who quit still gets this recorded as a win

It's still possible to get free wins like that? You'd think that after over a year, blizzard would get a clue and implement some kind of prevention for things like that

HolyCheck

Trickster said:
It's still possible to get free wins like that? You'd think that after over a year, blizzard would get a clue and implement some kind of prevention for things like that

not too sure, some one here would know but I know it was still possible a few months ago, ie it wasnt patched out right away.. might still be an option. corran would know :p

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wait... why quit on purpose?

jasonng

Yoshichan said:
Wait... why quit on purpose?
Mass quits doesn't mean the games you were in are necessarily a loss if your teammate wins the game for you. Therefore you can potentially get a free win for a game you didn't play.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
jasonng said:
Mass quits doesn't mean the games you were in are necessarily a loss if your teammate wins the game for you. Therefore you can potentially get a free win for a game you didn't play.
But the odds of my teammate actually winning 1vs2 (they're masters, not high GM) through macro and micro seems almost impossible. Maybe win 1/5 of all the games...

Yoshichan said:
But the odds of my teammate actually winning 1vs2 (they're masters, not high GM) through macro and micro seems almost impossible. Maybe win 1/5 of all the games...

When you're mass entering and quiting games even a low percentage of wins will quickly add up over time.

Also you'd be surprised at how effective a tactic this can be. When a player quits it gives the other players money that they should never be able to get at that point in the game (which is why you have to wait 5 minutes before trading minerals). It allows for things like being able to almost instantly put down a spawning pool.

jasonng

I'm not questioning the odds. The logic behind I would assume is that you can place yourself in 10+ games within 5 minutes. Say you got two wins from that selection, that's better than playing a regular 15+ minute team game with a 50% win rate.

Edit: Fuck you, beaten.

Yoshichan

But... wait a second. I'm so confused now.

Let's say I play 10 games that I quit instantly in. We get two wins from these 10. We get -10 points for the losses and +20 for the wins. That's -40 points?

At least with a 50% win rate if you stay, you go up in points? What the hell am I not understanding here :/

Yoshichan said:
But... wait a second. I'm so confused now.

Let's say I play 10 games that I quit instantly in. We get two wins from these 10. We get -10 points for the losses and +20 for the wins. That's -40 points?

At least with a 50% win rate if you stay, you go up in points? What the hell am I not understanding here :/

It isn't about points. It is about wins. They want portraits.

Yoshichan

ShallNoiseUpon said:
It isn't about points. It is about wins. They want portraits.
Oh my God... that's all they're looking for? Fuck me, that's almost the dumbest thing I've read in this thread. And I've read many of my own posts.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
XZmUU.png

SC2 is like high school, drama everyday. Sixjax looks like a shitty team atm lol

hamchan

BigAT said:
Looks like there is a bug on Tal'Darim where you can determine a Zerg's position without scouting. It doesn't seem to be as obvious as the Lost Temple one was, but it is still doable.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=262438

Well this is gonna be useful for my laddering today.

FieryBalrog said:
Man why are all the vods on GomTV not working =/

Dear GOMTV.net Users:

We deeply apologize for our tech issue causing the users unable to watch any of the VODs.
We’ve discovered that our VOD server has been shut down itself at Sept 5th 0600KST due to overload issue.
We are at our best to fix the problem.

Operation time: Up to September 5, 2011 1300 KST.

*Please note that the operation time is an estimated time and is subject to change.
We will do our best to fix the problem.

Thank you for your understandings.
GOMTV.net

HolyCheck

FieryBalrog said:
Ah that's a shame.

Hopefully they're up soon.

Yeh hopefully, Knowing mr Chae too they'll probably extend the free VODs, because they're awesome like that.

seriously, Looking at the flash player on their site now / the site compared to earlier, EVERY SINGLE complaint ever made has been resolved
Auto play vods? hide calender on front page? schedule shows the actual schedule and doesnt resort to the first week because I'm a precious flower who can't handle getting spoiled when I could just go to another page to view the vods? hide comments under VODs?

sooo many more. and I might add their websites layout is actually not that confusing!

Corran Horn

HolyCheck said:
Yeh hopefully, Knowing mr Chae too they'll probably extend the free VODs, because they're awesome like that.

seriously, Looking at the flash player on their site now / the site compared to earlier, EVERY SINGLE complaint ever made has been resolved
Auto play vods? hide calender on front page? schedule shows the actual schedule and doesnt resort to the first week because I'm a precious flower who can't handle getting spoiled when I could just go to another page to view the vods? hide comments under VODs?

sooo many more. and I might add their websites layout is actually not that confusing!
Yep was like the only website you could watch VODs for a tournament that wasnt confusing lol.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Drop the watch towers?
I don't see any place for them to really be moved, and a center one would reveal all gold mining bases and high ground.
Area of view especially for someone with map control seems a bit large considering the early paths most units go.

Also screw rocks on expansions.

Q8D3vil

PhoenixDark said:
I kind of want to stay up for GSL but I know it's just going to be a long, boring TvT followed by a Terran crushing a Zerg
july is so unpredictable so he have a chance to win.

Corran Horn

LOLOLOL Destiny figured out how to stop deezer for the time being.

He uses is stream watcher army to spam deezer with chat and he DCs. But the new patch should fix that :/

Holden

Corran Horn said:

He uses is stream watcher army to spam deezer with chat and he DCs. But the new patch should fix that :/

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL that's so f-ing funny

V_Arnold

Corran Horn said:

Wow, would be awesome if both would get banned from SCII by blizz, honestly.

V_Arnold

Hugoboss21 said:
^ LOL why hating on destiny?

Well, regardless whether I dislike him or not ( I think his play is highly overrated and he lacks any real tournament achievements), that is still not acceptable behavior. If you want to stop stream cheaters, just do most of the stuff with hotkeys and instead of staring your army in idle times, stare a spot on the map where nothing is happening ;)

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
V_Arnold said:
Well, regardless whether I dislike him or not ( I think his play is highly overrated and he lacks any real tournament achievements), that is still not acceptable behavior. If you want to stop stream cheaters, just do most of the stuff with hotkeys and instead of staring your army in idle times, stare a spot on the map where nothing is happening ;)
Nah

Can still see important blips on mini map and army position
and food
and mineral / gas count
and when they take gas
and when they expand

Corran Horn

V_Arnold said:
Most times I would have an issue if he used this against certain people but not Deezer. Fuck that dude
He earns everything he gets.

V_Arnold

Hazaro said:
Nah

Can still see important blips on mini map and army position
and food
and mineral / gas count
and when they take gas
and when they expand

Still, fuck stream cheaters, report them, etc, delay stream, but do not use bannable stuff ingame, obviously.

I think the Korea PvT stats will look a little better than last month. Terran for the most part seem to not want to do 111. I pretty much didn't even see it during the qualifiers.

Edit:Although they got demolished in code S.

Q8D3vil

AdventureRacing said:
I think the Korea PvT stats will look a little better than last month. Terran for the most part seem to not want to do 111. I pretty much didn't even see it during the qualifiers.

Edit:Although they got demolished in code S.
most protoss figured it out by now and terran probably want to keep it as an option instead of throwing it off every game.

Holden

Q8D3vil said:
most protoss figured it out by now and terran probably want to keep it as an option instead of throwing it off every game.

no they haven't;;;;; Most protoss still lose to it, mvp 3-0 huk puma 3-0 mc, etc. only genius solved it by doing an all-in which is a pure coinflip. Huk got extremely lucky to get to ro8, by having 2 pvp in groupe play and then nada who played terrible. Same for genius who got lucky by doing a coinflip allin

Q8D3vil

Hugoboss21 said:
no they haven't;;;;; Most protoss still lose to it, mvp 3-0 huk puma 3-0 mc, etc. only genius solved it by doing an all-in which is a pure coinflip. Huk got extremely lucky to get to ro8, by having 2 pvp in groupe play and then nada who played terrible. Same for genius who got lucky by doing a coinflip allin
the build itself is pure coinflip from the terran perspective.
if its a free win why didn't we see it in the qualifiers ? they are playing for code a spot which is extremely important in korea.

mvp doing it to huk because he asked for it lol.
puma is in eg now and he can do whatever the fuck he want without being questioned trolololol :p

syllogism

Corran Horn said:

What a hypocrite, given his DDOS issues

HolyCheck

Dispelling Some Rumors Surrounding Juan Lopez's Release

The community has done a great deal of speculating about the details of Juan 'Terran' Lopez's release from our team yesterday. Since Juan and Alex 'Skew' Brola have decided to go public about certain things, we feel that it is appropriate to respond.

First, a deal was reached last month to send Juan to South Korea. He wasn't sent after the following events occured:

Juan showed up to MLG Anaheim without either of the two jerseys (which his contract requires him to wear) he was provided with at MLG Columbus. When confronted about the jerseys he lied to the team manager and said he had given them away to fans at the previous event. A pro-player Juan was close to came forward and informed us Juan left them in his room at the previous MLG.
Juan, after losing a series, swore at the pro-player WBC at MLG Anaheim. He caused such a scene that MLG Admins were forced to give him a techincal foul.

In a streamed online tournament shortly after MLG Columbus he swore at his teammate DDE over the course of a few games. DDE personally contacted team management about the issue as he thought it was signifcant enough to warrant bringing to our attention.

With those issues in mind we decided not only to not send him to Korea, but to terminate his contract as addressed yesterday.

In regards to the rumors that we have threatened to sue Juan:

Shortly after MLG Columbus Juan approached the team's management wanting a raise. The team's upper management felt it was inapproriate to raise his salary at the time; we told Juan we would be willing to entertain the conversation if he performed similarly at the next MLG. Juan did not respond well when informed that his salary would not be raised. He began immediately shopping around for other teams, and let our organization know that he was leaving. Juan had signed a fifteen month contract with Sixjax. He was contractually obligated to play for our team. Juan put up a fight for the next half week, refusing to play in clan wars and insulting management when contacted. After several days Sixjax's upper management contacted Juan personally and let him know that both he and his mother had agreed upon a fifteen month contract when he signed, and that it would be legally impossible for him to leave and join another team without being released from his contract. Juan resented the position of the team management, and insisted that he would find a way out of his obligations. He began mentioning to his teammates that he felt threatened. It wasn't until our team captain, Artosis, spoke to him that he gave up his position.

This is all documented.

In regards to Alex 'Skew' Brola's statements today: it really hurts us that he left the team with such a sour perception of our organization. We believe he had a fairly good deal when he was still employed here, and even when he left we thought it was on a good note. He wanted to leave the organization as he didn't think it was the right fit, and we accommodated his wishes almost immediately.

We are sorry that internal issues that should have remained internal have had to be discussed in this fashion. Our team was planning on not making any remarks about things, but rumors and allegations have gotten out of hand. We want our organization and our thoughts on these matters to be represented as the community's dialogue continues.

Oh Major.

Artosis did SO much for this kid, and he clearly respected artosis.. yet ugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom