• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrKnives

IdrA reminds me of Hudson from Aliens

aliens_hudson_game_over.jpg

Dooraven

I think PvP is much much better than than ZvZ after the 1.4 patch though. Less Coinflips and 4 gate is much more defendable now.

zoukka

Dooraven said:
I think PvP is much much better than than ZvZ after the 1.4 patch though. Less Coinflips and 4 gate is much more defendable now.

We'll see. A lot of people said the same when they made the Warpgate research longer and sentry build time shorter. Didn't change shit.

I don't think ZvZ is a coinflip at all, you get more scouting information in ZvZ than any other matchup. I love how ZvZ is right now to watch and play although i understand i have weird tastes.

Vaporak

Dooraven said:

That's really not going to change that much. It's still going to be the first one to expand dies which is the real problem with PvP.

Dooraven

Vaporak said:
That's really not going to change that much. It's still going to be the first one to expand dies which is the real problem with PvP.

Well you can't really fix that without changing the entire Protoss race due to warp in mechanic, but I think we'll get a stable 1 base 3 gate robo with a few immortals into blink build which will be less coinflippy than ZvZ

syllogism said:
Playing in $100 tournaments isn't his job. It might as well been a ladder match

still, don't you think it's bad form from a professional to forfeit a game in a tournament for no good reason?
Also, it makes him look bad. Not sure what sponsors etc. would think of such a move.

Mairu

mescalineeyes said:
still, don't you think it's bad form from a professional to forfeit a game in a tournament for no good reason?
Also, it makes him look bad. Not sure what sponsors etc. would think of such a move.
I doubt they give a shit what he does considering sponsors care about exposure and there's no player in the foreign scene who gets as much exposure as he does, it doesn't matter if he wins or loses

I don't really like him anymore, cheer for him, or expect him to do well though!

syllogism

mescalineeyes said:
Well, yeah, EG doesn't seem like the kind of team that needs its players to do well. Am I right, Machine, incontrol, axslav?
Yes, same with TL. Luckily they bought some success with Hero

syllogism

Dooraven said:
I seriously don't understand you're hate with TL.
I love TL, but I'm implying that you've to be consistent with your hate. If you hate EG for having players who don't perform and buying a good korean, you've to realize the same applies to TL, to a lesser extent

mescalineeyes said:
Well, yeah, EG doesn't seem like the kind of team that needs its players to do well. Am I right, Machine, incontrol, axslav?
They've obviously got a really good business team. I would assume those guys are just on contracts such that it's cheaper to let them run out than to attempt to cut them loose.

Mairu

TL acquired a player who did practically nothing in Korea before joining Liquid. Okay, maybe he was a Code A player for a week considering he got knocked out in the round of 32. EG got a player who won the biggest (in terms of prize pool) tournament in North America.

I don't really care about either of them since I have no problem with players making more money but it's a little different.

syllogism

slidewinder said:
They've obviously got a really good business team. I would assume those guys are just on contracts such that it's cheaper to let them run out than to attempt to cut them loose.
No, it's much more likely that they've cheap contracts and it's better to just keep them around as, despite their lack of success, they are quite popular and/or get a lot of exposure

V_Arnold

I was scared, horrified, and amazed at the same time by Team Liquid's sheningans regarding EG's Puma acquisition.

Seriously, like a spoiled child who gots his wallet stolen in the big city when he is alone in a pub for the first time. I can see their arms crossed at their chest, trying to look as grim as possible, saying "buh dat team is desthooooying e-sport aaand is unprofessionahh!"

The fact that even the players were allowed to voice their quite biased opinion on that matter made things even worse.

Ever since then, I just cant respect TL as a team.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
MisterAnderson said:
Is gomtv different or something? It's not opening the gom player anymore and it just imbedded in the browser...

Code A Qualifiers (aka Code B) they do it on twitch TV

Holden

Everybody
who wants to be good
should try out this micro trainer , cella was using it earlier, its relly good it has all 3 races with 10 challenges each and it gets harder more you play, its alot better better then the sc2 challenge thing

http://www.sc2mapster.com/maps/dargleins-micro-trainer/

but you need to change the gamespeed to fastest:

file - preference - test document - gamespeed ( Fastest )

I've been using it for protoss and its really good.

hamchan

Hugoboss21 said:
Everybody
who wants to be good
should try out this micro trainer , cella was using it earlier, its relly good it has all 3 races with 10 challenges each and it gets harder more you play, its alot better better then the sc2 challenge thing

Thanks for the link.

Q8D3vil

Hugoboss21 said:
Everybody
who wants to be good

this is amazing but i can't figure out how to change the speed :/
thanks

Zen

Banned
syllogism said:
Yes, same with TL. Luckily they bought some success with Hero
TL has had plenty of success without buying it, the same can't really be said for EG. A quick glance at each teams respective acquisitions shows the similarities really end with 'they acquired players'.

V_Arnold said:
I was scared, horrified, and amazed at the same time by Team Liquid's sheningans regarding EG's Puma acquisition.

Seriously, like a spoiled child who gots his wallet stolen in the big city when he is alone in a pub for the first time. I can see their arms crossed at their chest, trying to look as grim as possible, saying "buh dat team is desthooooying e-sport aaand is unprofessionahh!"

The fact that even the players were allowed to voice their quite biased opinion on that matter made things even worse.

Ever since then, I just cant respect TL as a team.

How ever you slice it, what EG did was considered low by almost the whole community, not just Team Liquid. I can see that letting the players comment on it might be poor form, but what happened was a bit of a shit storm through every layer of the SC2 scene.

fanboi

Banned
Zen said:
TL has had plenty of success without buying it, the same can't really be said for EG. A quick glance at each teams respective acquisitions shows that the only similarities are that they squired players.

hmm, EG with idra did good, (2nd highest placement in GSL?) MLG victory among others I belive.

Well, that was old idra...

Zen

Banned
fanboi said:
hmm, EG with idra did good, (2nd highest placement in GSL?) MLG victory among others I belive.

Well, that was old idra...

I think Jinro actually has that (Round of 4), or he and Idra were tied for it?

V_Arnold

Zen said:
How ever you slice it, what EG did was considered low by almost the whole community, not just Team Liquid. I can see that letting the players comment on it might be poor form, but what happened was a bit of a shit storm through every layer of the SC2 scene.

Haha. Greedy "not paying their players" korean coaches must have been shocked.
Armchair generals on TL forums whose main hobby is "being shocked" or "being offensed" or "worrying over esport" instead of playing must have been shocked.

Everybody else? Not so much.

syllogism

Zen said:
Almost all players leave teams to join "better" ones at some point of their career. Basically the only exceptions to this are players who are already famous from BW/WC3 and thus get good teams immediately. Sometimes players happen to leave their old team for a reason unrelated to not being happy with salary/whatever, but this is very rare and sometimes it's just an excuse. The only difference is that TL has a bunch of fanboys who think players should be satisfied with whatever they are offering and anyone who dares to offer their players better opportunities and salary are hurting Esports(TM). Huk's contract was about to expire and he wanted to get offers from other teams and asked nazgul for a permission to negotiate with other teams. He got a better offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom