• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

V_Arnold

Oh my god, such respect by Destiny!

"Apparently this guy has been sniped by these dumbfucks for a while, too. Several games later, low and behold, Motivate shows up in a fucking PvZ to cheese me. I actually DIDN'T tell my fans to spam this guy, they took it on themselves to do it. He didn't lag horribly and he didn't get disced from the game because I didn't actually tell anyone to go spam him. Several times I actually stated that I was pretty sure this piece of shit wasn't Deezer."

Wow. He really needs a fucking reality check, RIGHT now.

Dooraven

Jinro is trying some marine tank raven expansion type thing v hero and he's getting roflstomped every single time. Hero's just playing cute with colossus drops now lol.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
syllogism said:
He encouraged his fans to spam Deezer, making him unable to play. He is scum. Whether Deezer was stream sniping at the time is completely irrelevant.
V_Arnold said:
Exactly. I do not get how easily you can have fanboys if you act weird on stream.
right...

You guys do realize that deezer spends hours doing nothing but sniping destiny 5-10 times in a row? and that he cheats in all of these games? He should have been banned a year ago, anything that gets deezer off battle.net is a good thing.

Aylinato

So what reason do u guys think is responsible for idea choking week after week?
(I think his girl is preggo) (or he's stressed cause of school?)

V_Arnold

Aylinato said:

Idra? Or Idea? The former I think his mindest is caught up in a "zerg cant win" state, which is obviously not the case anymore. I dunno about Idea though.

For Idra, he either needs to be agressive like July, but with better backbone, or switch race to one that favors his playstyle more.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Aylinato said:
he's... become bad.

he practices in the snarf house [when puma/huk isnt there] and he patently refuses to try different builds. also the builds he does do require a sensitivity for the game he doesn't have.

Q8D3vil

Aylinato said:
he have school ?
i heard he broke up with his gf a while ago.

i think his main problem is that the term "Metagame" does not exist in his mind, anything new or out of the ordinary is considered imbalance by him.

I think Idra's biggest issue is that he expects every opponent to be just as good as he is, mechanically. He thinks that any mistake is unrecoverable because if him and his opponent play at his level, he can't win.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ShallNoiseUpon said:
I think Idra's biggest issue is that he expects every opponent to be just as good as he is, mechanically. He thinks that any mistake is unrecoverable because if him and his opponent play at his level, he can't win.
if he wants every game to be decided by the first engagement, he should play competitive coin flipping.

Keikaku

Aylinato said:
Really? Aimless speculation about personal issues doesn't help anything.

Idra chokes because he's rather blame game imbalance than consider that he might be thinking about the game in a manner that is either outdated or completely wrong. He's good and he has the analytical skill to progress, but I honestly think that he believes he's taken the game as far as anyone can with Zerg and everyone who beats him is doing it because of faction imbalance or luck.

syllogism

Jinro is 0-15 against Hero, though it's practice so in some games he used experimental builds. Regardless, I wonder if he has been winning any games at all in in-house practice

e: 0-15, not 15-0 obviously

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
zoukka said:
Hey all you need to do is to have high grandmasters mechanics and infestors won't be trouble anymore.
typical protoss diamond: why cant i beat this grandmasters zerg? imba, imba!

Keikaku said:
Really? Aimless speculation about personal issues doesn't help anything.

Idra chokes because he's rather blame game imbalance than consider that he might be thinking about the game in a manner that is either outdated or completely wrong. He's good and he has the analytical skill to progress, but I honestly think that he believes he's taken the game as far as anyone can with Zerg and everyone who beats him is doing it because of faction imbalance or luck.

Exactly. Idra stuck with Roach/Hydra/Corrupter long after other Zergs began having success with more aggressive builds and Infestors. Also, his opinion on who is and isn't good at SC2 is based entirely on who was good or bad at BW (at least when it comes to foreigners). Yes, losing to build orders sucks. But having the best mechanics does not guarantee a win at SC2, nor should it.

It becomes even harder to take him seriously when you see guys like Dimaga, Sen, etc beating solid Protoss players. But of course Idra dismisses that because those toss players "aren't good." Yea ok

MrKnives

zoukka said:
Hey all you need to do is to have high grandmasters mechanics and infestors won't be trouble anymore.

But he didn't play against some random scrub from diamond? GM vs GM mechanics so why can't it transfer to Diamond vs Diamond.

It's not like his build is super micro intensive. He just blinked around.

syllogism

Dimaga's ZvP is only 56%, lower than Idra's, and hasn't really been going up recently, so he is hardly a good example of a zerg who is good at the matchup. Nerchio and Stephano are much better

syllogism said:
Dimaga's ZvP is only 56%, lower than Idra's, and hasn't really been going up recently, so he is hardly a good example of a zerg who is good at the matchup. Nerchio and Stephano are much better

We're going to do this every time I bring up Dimaga? jesus

I'm referring to Dimaga's more recent, impressive Assembly win, Sen's NASL match with MC (which he lost but was still impressive) mainly. But yes, Nerchio comes to mind as well; I haven't seen all of his IPL finals, but the games I did see were impressive (even though he lost)

syllogism

PhoenixDark said:
We're going to do this every time I bring up Dimaga? jesus

I'm referring to Dimaga's more recent, impressive Assembly win, Sen's NASL match with MC (which he lost but was still impressive) mainly. But yes, Nerchio comes to mind as well; I haven't seen all of his IPL finals, but the games I did see were impressive (even though he lost)
Yes I'm going to keep bringing it up whenever Dimaga (or Ret...) gets overrated. Sen? Sure.

zoukka

Idra is just a solid pro gamer now. It's just that at some time people used to think of him as the king zerg, and now that everyone catched up, he seems awful compared the old image of him. It doesn't help that he has his own views about how the game balance should be and waits until Blizzard makes the perfect game for him. Meanwhile other players study and take advantage of the mechanics.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
"only 56%"
tough crowd.

Dimaga's still a better player than Nerchio and Stephano though. his winrate just doesn't have the advantage of hundreds less games.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
syllogism said:
He is obviously good, you know there are levels beyond THE BEST FOREIGNER ZERG and never-wins-anything
But PD already said Sen.

so that gives us the best
and not the best
and nerch/steph in never wins anything.

woo, three levels!

syllogism

Pandaman said:
so that gives us the best
and not the best
and nerch/steph in never wins anything.

woo, three levels!
Then there's the bottom level, scum of the earth which includes Destiny and the like

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
syllogism said:
I only disputed the notion that Dimaga's ZvP is anything special, not the part about Sen
Dimaga has one of the most varied approaches to the matchup you could ever find, he's the perfect person to absorb a ton of matchup knowledge from.

syllogism said:
Then there's the bottom level, scum of the earth which includes Destiny and the like
i dont like this guy personaly so therefore he's terrible!

channeling reddit now, are we? :p

Q8D3vil

out of all the zerg players mentioned the only one who didn't win anything is sen.
stephano, nerchio and dimaga have won tons of small cups.

syllogism

Pandaman said:
Dimaga has one of the most varied approaches to the matchup you could ever find, he's the perfect person to absorb a ton of matchup knowledge from.

i dont like this guy personaly so therefore he's terrible!

channeling reddit now, are we? :p
Are you suggesting he isn't bad, by progamer standards?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Yes, dimaga is not bad by progaming standards.

as far as zergs go, he's easily top 10.

stephano doesn't even have 100 recorded ZvPs. every game he plays heavily swings his matchup record.
Q8D3vil said:
out of all the zerg players mentioned the only one who didn't win anything is sen.
stephano, nerchio and dimaga have won tons of small cups.
sen has won tournaments bigger than small online cups.

syllogism

Pandaman said:
Yes, dimaga is not bad by progaming standards.

as far as zergs go, he's easily top 10.
Destiny

I love Dimaga, doesn't mean I've to consider him a top 3 foreigner zerg. I actually dislike Nerchio.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
syllogism said:
he's average. he beats feeders like incontrol and has a good mindset approach to zerg, but he is unwilling to do the boring work on his mechanics when his stream pays him for hijinks. he's also distracting himself alot with server switches and protoss offracing/team games. his interest in progaming might just be weening.
I love Dimaga, doesn't mean I've to consider him a top 3 foreigner zerg. I actually dislike Nerchio.
dimaga is top 3 foreigner zerg, its just there are a lot of koreans in the top 10.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
PhoenixDark said:
I doubt Destiny's interest is waning, given the money he pulls in.
in progaming, not in streaming.

teamgames, skype drama, server jumping and playing different races are all good for streaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom