• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Thanks guys, it helps!
ksan said:
WHAT THE FUCK
What shit isp do you have?
Glocalnet man... never, ever go with Glocalnet.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
jasonng said:
Sup traitor. I heard you guys BM each other hard during IH games. :D

There's a lot of good natured banter mixed in with tips. The vast majority of the talking goes between the upper tier players, and all of the mad comes form the lower ones.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
ksan said:
oh wow, sucks man :(
adsl I guess?
Yeah, ADSL :/

Gonna start reading Harry Potter again.

Yoshichan

Awesome Animals said:
Read something different. I can give you recommendations if you'd like.
Go. Not too rare though, I should be able to borrow it from my library :/

ultron87

V_Arnold said:
Wheel of Time, man. Best fantasy ever.

artosis.gif

(I am incredulous regarding your recommendation)

V_Arnold

ultron87 said:
artosis.gif

(I am incredulous regarding your recommendation)

Artosis gif works with everything :D

But I am clearly biased: I am rereading every WOT book ever since I know the series, I am currently at my 4th reread of the whole 1-12 volume, currently at Knife of Dreams. And it is still amazing.

Yoshichan

Game of Thrones... not yet, not until the hype chills the fuck out.

Yoshichan said:
Go. Not too rare though, I should be able to borrow it from my library :/

Well, I'll assume you read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, being Swedish and all. But I wouldn't recommend the second too. Just end with that one.

Additionally, if you prefer epic stories, get Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet. It is a large read, but you spend the entire time riding wave after wave of emotions be it sheer ectacsy, or utter turmoil. This (paired with it's sequel) is the only book that has ever made me cry tears of happiness and sadness. I can't recommend this book enough.

It is based in England, during the middle ages, around a small community that decides it wants to build the greatest cathedral in England. The story spans many decades, as it follows a quartet of main characters, and amongst other supporting characters.

If you can find a copy at your library, I recommend you check this book out.

Also, I haven't read WoT, but I have heard good things, but it can be slow at time. I have read, and loved Game of Thrones and it's successors.

ultron87

V_Arnold said:
Artosis gif works with everything :D

But I am clearly biased: I am rereading every WOT book ever since I know the series, I am currently at my 4th reread of the whole 1-12 volume, currently at Knife of Dreams. And it is still amazing.

I have read all the way up through all Robert Jordan WoT books. The sense that he completely lost control of the story was a little too strong for me at points.

I'll give the Sanderson ones a shot one of these months. I'm reading the first Mistborn book right now and I like his style.

Q8D3vil

player_reveal_5.png

easy money for dimaga so far

Wheel of Time, man. Best fantasy ever.
i love the blind guardian song for this series so much.
too bad i don't like reading and if i want to read something i'll read song of fire and ice :/

V_Arnold

ultron87 said:
I have read all the way up through all Robert Jordan WoT books. The sense that he completely lost control of the story was a little too strong for me at points.

I'll give the Sanderson ones a shot one of these months. I'm reading the first Mistborn book right now and I like his style.

When I first read it, I was lost too. But when rereading, everything makes sense. Suddenly books that people deemed as "skippable" become FUCKING IMPORTANT.

The Gathering Storm and Tower of Midnight are both very good books. Not only because the importance of the events, but because Sanderson's style works for the quickened pace.

Q8D3vil

Pandaman said:
was that the tournament destiny skipped mlg to practice for?

>_>

lol.
doubt it. its sad if its true though.
the price pool is quite huge for 8 players tournament and with destiny involved TB is going steal a lot of esport money this time around.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Q8D3vil said:
doubt it. itss ad if its true though.
the price pool is quite huge for 8 players tournament and with destiny involved TB will steal a lot of esport money this time around.
well... i guess he figures he can maybe get a tyler/tlo bracket.

Q8D3vil

Pandaman said:
well... i guess he figures he can maybe get a tyler/tlo bracket.
he have a good chance to win against dde too since he already defeated him in a show match.

if only dde uses hotkeys :/

Q8D3vil

MrKnives said:
*Oh Dimaga vs HasuObs is going!*

*Opens stream*

*Nerchio...*

*Closes stream*

Too EZ
you mean too retarded.

why would anyone handicap himself when playing a game professionally and they know its going to effect them in the long run.

Yoshichan

Thanks for the tip Awesome Animals!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
*watching totalbiscuit stream ladder games*
40minute game, hellion, tank, raven, planetary fortress
not a brood lord in sight.

my heart tears.

jasonng

Pandaman said:
*watching totalbiscuit stream ladder games*
40minute game, hellion, tank, raven, planetary fortress
not a brood lord in sight.

my heart tears.
Theoretically speaking, one can produce enough zerglings to deal with the threats mentioned except for the raven. Just saying.

Deadman

Full lineup for the dreamhack valancia invitiational is out:

Lucifron
Rain
Hero
Thorzain
DRG
Idra
Huk
Naniwa

Starts 17th of sept.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Deadman said:
Full lineup for the dreamhack valancia invitiational is out:

Lucifron

Rain
Hero
Thorzain
DRG
Idra
Huk
Naniwa

Starts 17th of sept.
why did they give a slot to the guy whose only sc2 claim to fame is getting 6pooled by actionjesus?

jasonng

Yo ampere, you signed off before I looked at the dude who cannon cheesed you. I've seen that guy's name before, in fact I've played him. He 6raxed me even. I think SuperCereal is someone's smurf account.

jasonng said:
Yo ampere, you signed off before I looked at the dude who cannon cheesed you. I've seen that guy's name before, in fact I've played him. He 6raxed me even. I think SuperCereal is someone's smurf account.

So mad. I tried to take a ninja third and busted his contain with banelings (wut?). Too bad protoss just 1a'd all over my ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom