• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
That TeamLiquid article is a joke. Protoss may have problems and need buffs but this "Protoss has never been good" crap is laughable, especially when talking about an event where 3 out of the top 4 were Protoss.

Q8D3vil

Hugoboss21 said:
Don't waste your cash BRO.

what rig you got
i7 920 (first i7 model bought it nearly 3 years ago).
2xgtx 570 ( gonna keep those).
2gb of ram (i had 6 gb but 4 gb died 2 days ago, so i can't play deus ex which is making me a very sad person :( ).

i just want to upgrade to i7 sandy bridge (maybe 6 cores ?) and lga 2011 mobo.
i also need to buy laptop because my last one got crashed to the ground when i was solving a quiz last semester lol.

so yeah, need to save up tons of money.

MrKnives

Q8D3vil said:
2gb of ram (i had 6 gb but 4 gb died 2 days ago, so i can't play deus ex which is making me a very sad person :( ).

i also need to buy laptop because my last one got crashed to the ground when i was solving a quiz last semester lol.

Today I read a comparison/benchmark they did on the upcoming AMD Bulldozer vs Sandy Bridge's and the Bulldozer got smacked around, badly. Kinda sad that AMD is so far behind now. I still remember how Athlon XP was the shit.

Q8D3vil

MrKnives said:
Today I read a comparison/benchmark they did on the upcoming AMD Bulldozer vs Sandy Bridge's and the Bulldozer got smacked around, badly. Kinda sad that AMD is so far behind now. I still remember how Athlon XP was the shit.
i don't know anything about the cpu wars between amd and intel but i thought the bulldozer was going to be a good competitor...
are they a lot cheaper than sandy bridge though ?

Upgrade PC, play on lowest settings.
not lowest setting, but i don't play sc2 on ultra (mix between medium high and ultra texture).
need the extra fps for the 200 army battles.

Holden

Q8D3vil said:

So much...
20100108063328!Exploding-head.gif

Q8D3vil

Hugoboss21 said:
So much...
20100108063328!Exploding-head.gif
its ok, i'm not one of those fanatics who buy the new iphone every year, i don't even have a smart phone lol.

i used to upgrade mobiles like crazy 3 years, then i returned to pc gaming thanks to a friend and i'm happier spending my money on pc parts rather than a shitty ass phones that i will only use for texting and talking ( any mobile can do that anyway :p).

Holden

Q8D3vil said:
its ok, i'm not one of those fanatics who buy the new iphone every year, i don't even have a smart phone lol.

i used to upgrade mobiles like crazy 3 years, then i returned to pc gaming thanks to a friend and i'm happier spending my money on pc parts rather than a shitty ass phones that i will only use for texting and talking ( any mobile can do that anyway :p).

i don't even have a phone t.t

i'm happy with my computer and internet :D

Q8D3vil

Hugoboss21 said:
i don't even have a phone t.t

i'm happy with my computer and internet :D
yeah i agree but i need it because we don't have internet everywhere and its easier to reach a specific person.
16, i'm prob the only human being in france who doesn't have a phone, including 7 year old kids. France fucking love cellphones
i'm the only person in my family who don't have an iphone, even my little 14 years old brother have one.

fanboi

Banned
Q8D3vil said:
yeah i agree but i need it because we don't have internet everywhere and its easier to reach a specific person.

i'm the only person in my family who don't have an iphone, even my little 14 years old brother have one.

You live in Kuwait... oil money?

Q8D3vil

fanboi said:
You live in Kuwait... oil money?
still, i'm in private college and i rather spent my remaining money on pc parts/games.
even laptop, i don't need one if it wasn't for college (online quiizes and homeworks :/)

BigAT

Q8D3vil said:
still, i'm in private college and i rather spent my remaining money on pc parts/games.
even laptop, i don't need one if it wasn't for college (online quiizes and homeworks :/)
1. Go into your backyard.
2. Stick a shovel into the ground.
3. ???
4. Profit!

Holden

ShallNoiseUpon said:
Has he improved his mechanics at all? I remember in TSL3 he was max queuing his production all the item.

*beats nestea anyway*

Lol that website streamer partner "Wowza" looks like neogaf logo

Q8D3vil

Has he improved his mechanics at all? I remember in TSL3 he was max queuing his production all the itemtime.
yes, but still way behind the curve.
his saving grace is his very unique mech style which a lot of pro's are having problems with because they can't practice against it. he also discovered some extremely good timings that may look weird but very effective.

edit: just found an awesome video from 7 years ago with goody and socke pre-metal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8Z9HZNbHeE&feature=player_embedded#!

Ashhong

Hugoboss21 said:
atleast when i rage i don't do that T.T

yea its pretty sad. it was a team game too. dude starts raging about imba terran and then PMs me after quitting about how I had a low score. i was afk for a lot of the game and was only using blink stalkers to snipe bases without hitting the armies. of course I had a low score
lol.gif
so sad.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Only if you play customs with me.

BTW thank god sc2 is free online...school is owning my wallet this semester. SC2/Disgaea 4 shall last me for awhile lol

Dooraven

Updated Patch Notes:

Infestor’s Neural Parasite can no longer target Massive units.

Lol WTF? What exactly are you meant to use Neural Parasite on now? It's pretty damn near useless.

hamchan

Dooraven said:
Updated Patch Notes:

Lol WTF? What exactly are you meant to use Neural Parasite on now? It's pretty damn near useless.

>_>;

So no more Thor/Collosus Neurals wtf... Blizzard better be sure of this.

ultron87

This will just be like the fungal doesn't work on air units change where everyone was like "the fuck?" and Blizzard was like "jk you guys!"

Dooraven

hamchan said:
>_>;

So no more Thor/Collosus Neurals wtf... Blizzard better be sure of this.

It Kind of makes sense in PvZ, neuralling the colossus/archon/mothership and laughing at the protoss army may have been a bit broken but I don't support this nerf at all.

But yeah huge mothership and protoss buff.

a176

Banned
Q8D3vil said:

im waiting until next year for ivy bridge

you know
3d transistors and all that jazz

ultron87

So that would make Neural actually useful pretty much only against sieged tanks?

I can't think of any other unit where it wouldn't be more useful just to fungal it and the units around it. Unless you're doing something ridiculous and unreasonable like Neuraling a Templar and storming.

Q8D3vil

a176 said:
im waiting until next year for ivy bridge

you know
3d transistors and all that jazz

what socket does ivy bridge use ?

it might be the same one i'm waiting for ( i'm kinda confused with the whole ivy and sandy lol).
Updated Patch Notes:

wow, mech will be viable again and it will counter infestor build.
fuck yeah....

edit: i think blizzard whole idea is not letting infestors counter every unit and force zerg to get air units to deal with coloss.

Dooraven

Q8D3vil said:
what socket does ivy bridge use ?

it might be the same one i'm waiting for ( i'm kinda confused with the whole ivy and sandy lol).

wow, mech will be viable again and it will counter infestor build.
fuck yeah....

edit: i think blizzard the whole idea is not letting infestors counter every unit and force zerg to get air units to deal with coloss.

I think so too, but It could have been done better eg giving the colossi, mothership and carrier a passive.

Noob question: with the neural parasite change, what would be the answer to mass thors as zerg? Whatever I throw at such a ball melts instantaneously.

Hugh Buelow said:
Noob question: with the neural parasite change, what would be the answer to mass thors as zerg? Whatever I throw at such a ball melts instantaneously.

Roach Hydra Ling into Broodlord probably? Hydras probably aren't best unless you are super ahead in bases, as he can transition easily to mass Tanks and own the Hydras, but Hydras do really well against Thors. Roach Ling would probably be safer though, due to siege tanks.

And that neural parasite change...LOL. Wtf are you supposed to Neural if not massive units? The only thing I can think of is high templars and quickly getting off some storms against the enemy...which is an extremely rare opportunity.

Q8D3vil

Hugh Buelow said:
broodlord roaches, its super hard for mech terran to get a fourth on most of the maps and he won't be able to do drops too so its way easier to get more expansions and start banking and doing tech switches.

MisterAnderson said:
Roach Hydra Ling into Broodlord probably?

And that neural parasite change...LOL. Wtf are you supposed to Neural if not massive units? The only thing I can think of is high templars and quickly getting off some storms against the enemy...which is an extremely rare opportunity.
tanks, immortals, ghost and ht.

Thanks. I forgot that thors don't deal much damage to armored air.

It happened twice to me on the ladder and both times, it caught me by surprise; I was not expecting 10 thors from 2 bases and I didn't have the tech for the broodlords. Neural parasite was interesting because I didn't have to do any change to my army composition.

It'd be ok if fungal didn't root massive, and if NP didnt effect archons but this feels like a huge nerf. Having to make corruptors against Protoss again would be balls.

Voids aren't massive, right? At least Infestors could still neural voids...but that's looking on the bright side for sure.

Was neural even really considered to be that big of a problem? I thought most people thought fungal was too powerful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom