• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrKnives

V_Arnold said:
It should happen. Joke that n number of Infestors are a viable counter to n number of -costing more- massive units.

For 10 seconds at least. But what do you really neural if not massive units? Immortals I guess? Tanks to some extent but with the range 12 against range 9 tanks aren't the best unit to neural.
Are battlecruisers and carriers massive? how about mothership. I mean what can we neural now :eek:
Ghost have longer range with EMP and with Snipe and with that stupid slow ass tentacle to get something you will be fedbacked like 3 times before it reaches the desired HT.

V_Arnold

Pandaman said:
so instead, let's give np no viable usage at all!

Hyperbolic statement is hyperbolic.
NP is an optional tool, should always have been. Not a hard counter to massive units.
You dislike fungaling 3-10 siege tanks when going in to break that defensive position at the gold? You dislike fungaling masses of archons/immortals against a P?

Then do not use it. It is not like Infestor is not good enough for being used solely for Fungal.

Edit: archons are now massive, ofc. So no more Np. Now that part is bad. :p

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Dooraven said:
They're falling over backwards because Protoss and to a lesser extent Zerg are terribly designed races with so many gaps in flexibility of the options they have. The Protoss tech tree is so stupidly designed and the race is unfortunately balanced around forcefeilds. Zerg scouting is pretty terrible and they have pretty crap anti air, Zerg was decent for a while because of the overcompensation to the roach and the infestor but the neural change is going to hurt a bit.
Zerg was never decent according to the winrate charts toss love so much

MrKnives

I play Terran on the ladder too and from that perspective I have to say I can't wait to go mass thors again. 3 3 thors oh yea baby :D

Don't neural me bro

V_Arnold

MrKnives said:
Be my guess. I'll add a pinch of marines there and won't have to worry about the mutas >_>

I still remember when I flew into 4 Devil thors with my 30+ mutas. Fucking madness. Bullshit.

MrKnives

fanboi said:
We should play tonight again...

Missed that... :|

We definately should. Also I want some 2v2 or 3v3 if zoukka and you are up to it.

And at least we can still neural parasite the marines, best unit in the game anyways. Hope this doesn't fuck up things too badly. It's not like screwing around with the mothership, people actually use neural a lot :>

Edit: What's the ratio of races in Code T?

zoukka

Why not, I play Colossi you play infestor.

Edit: The patch takes forever to load.

And was aborted because of "_x_x_tutorial protoss texture"... wtf, all I've messed with my SCII is to changing the voice acting language.

Dooraven

MrKnives said:
We definately should. Also I want some 2v2 or 3v3 if zoukka and you are up to it.

And at least we can still neural parasite the marines, best unit in the game anyways. Hope this doesn't fuck up things too badly. It's not like screwing around with the mothership, people actually use neural a lot :>

Edit: What's the ratio of races in Code T?

Protosses actually used the mothership effectively before it was nerfed to oblivion (I know it was imbalanced lol).

20 T, 7 Zergs, 5 protosses.

zoukka

Yeah it was the replaced sound pack that denied the patch... bummer. No more german marines and zealots being manly :(

KNives, what is your nick in the ptr?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Haven't played for 2 months but I think I'm still Gold/Plat level with just basic mechanics.

Holden

would this fix the 111 build..?

25653.jpg

zoukka

Playing toss in ptr with a new keyboard I feel I'm fresh again :3

Also the strats in PTR are straight from beta...

The new UI looks ace.

Rubashov

BigAT said:
Well, after two weeks of not playing, it's time to see how awful I've gotten.
I'm surprised at how bad I've become after a few weeks of not playing. I was promoted to diamond at the start of season 3, but I haven't played much since and i feel like I'm back to gold level.

MrKnives

Dooraven said:
Protosses actually used the mothership effectively before it was nerfed to oblivion (I know it was imbalanced lol).

20 T, 7 Zergs, 5 protosses.

The difference is that MS was the little extra protoss did to win easier. They didn't need to win.
Infestor in the other hand was made a core Zerg unit by blizzard and now they are slowly taking it away again.

zoukka said:
KNives, what is your nick in the ptr?

I'm not on EU PTR yet. Going to do it today.

Also yea I like the new UI

Holden

MrKnives said:
The difference is that MS was the little extra protoss did to win easier. They didn't need to win.
Infestor in the other hand was made a core Zerg unit by blizzard and now they are slowly taking it away again.

I'm not on EU PTR yet. Going to do it today.

Also yea I like the new UI

what's the new UI, i can't login in EU PTR says its "not available right now"

Holden

syllogism said:
There's no EU ptr, there's only one global ptr

so i need an US account or what i'm confused? Cause my main comp GFX card is on RMA and i only have EU on this computer i'm on... t.t

syllogism

Hugoboss21 said:
so i need an US account or what i'm confused? Cause my main comp GFX card is on RMA and i only have EU on this computer i'm on... t.t
No, what I'm saying is that there's one "cross server" PTR, or so it appears

Haunted

Hugoboss21 said:
worst part is that they send crossfire winners to grandfinals, haghahgahgahg
To be fair, WCG USA probably doesn't have the money to send anyone, the trips of the crossfire and lol players are financed by the respective companies (Lyto and Riot).

At least that's what they're saying in the TL thread.

a176

Banned
Dooraven said:
They're falling over backwards because Protoss and to a lesser extent Zerg are terribly designed races with so many gaps in flexibility of the options they have. The Protoss tech tree is so stupidly designed and the race is unfortunately balanced around forcefeilds. Zerg scouting is pretty terrible and they have pretty crap anti air, Zerg was decent for a while because of the overcompensation to the roach and the infestor but the neural change is going to hurt a bit.

mothership says hi!

67869.jpeg

can't neural me anymore! lol maybe people will build me in zvp now! mothership colossus stalker cuz i will just kill all your overseers LOL

Holden

Q8D3vil said:
goody is not my favorite player by any stretch but watching him playing is mind blowing because you see him do insane weird combinations and timings so you expect him to fail but he wins it like a genius.

You talk about goody, all the FUCKING TIME.

Goody isn't good, he just plays a diffrent play style, like jinro he got into ro4 twice cause he played a diffrent style that people didn't know how to beat, look at him now.

edit: he has a relly low apm... oh wait that's why he's playing mech terran, nvm then

and still queueing the fuck out of his factorys.

sc2 pure mech is as dumb as it was in BW T.T

Q8D3vil

Hugoboss21 said:
You talk about goody, all the FUCKING TIME.

Goody isn't good, he just plays a diffrent play style, like jinro he got into ro4 twice cause he played a diffrent style that people didn't know how to beat, look at him now.

edit: he has a relly low apm... oh wait that's why he's playing mech terran, nvm then

and still queueing the fuck out of his factorys.

sc2 pure mech is as dumb as it was in BW T.T
i like goody, he is one of my favorite players, but that's it.

goody have like 130 which is not low by any margin, he just don't spam because of mech lol.
he have his own mech timings and he know how to execute them well.

and he just mindfucked a protoss lol

edit: edited some mistakes in the first line :p

Holden

Q8D3vil said:
i like goody, but he is not my favorite players, that's it.

goody have like 130 which is not low by any margin, he just don't spam because of mech lol.
he have his own mech timings and he know how to execute them well.

and he just mindfucked a protoss lol

pretty sure he barely touched 100 apm in that game he just played. Which is pretty low...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom