• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pancakes said:
(In case you're being serious)

Why do you say that? Just because people stop playing Starcraft doesn't mean they'll stop watching it.

While this is true, I think the pro scene will stagnate a small amount, and I do think people are going to be less willing to pay to watch MLG or GSL when they could stick with the free streams, and Diablo 3. I don't think it is going to ruin or end eSports, but I do think it will hurt it a little.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
PhoenixDark said:
looks like SC2 is dead. It was a good run
It died when 8 seconds automatically became 4 seconds of dps

MrKnives

PhoenixDark said:
looks like SC2 is dead. It was a good run

Few times I have thought so but SC always pulls me back. I doubt anything changes except people will spend rest of their free time playing Diablo

Q8D3vil

MrKnives said:
Few times I have thought so but SC always pulls me back. I doubt anything changes except people will spend rest of their free time playing Diablo
i know i won't
sc4life :)
ok ok, i admit not playing a single game in the last 3 days :(

MrKnives

Q8D3vil said:
i know i won't
sc4life :)
ok ok, i admit not playing a single game in the last 3 days :(

2 times I haven't played for a month. It's ok to skip days and not feel the game is dead. I think even progamers take more breaks from the game than most people here.

Too bad I can't play diablo 3 with gaf though. sigh

a176

Banned
jasonng said:
Well then...

lOAXv.png

He has spoken for Ultron's word is law. Tonight's theme will consist of nonstop KOTH matches where two unfortunate souls will spar to their deaths while the rest of us enjoys and chat about Diablo 3 streams, beta key begging, and coming up with a plan that requires the least amount of penises we must orally please for all of us to get in the beta. Discussion about which class is better is mandatory.

Also, talking about Torchlight 2 will get you stream banned
because I'm willing to bet it'll be better than Diablo 3

and playing of my new map

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Corran Horn said:
Wish Incontrol played more games than checking his PMs on TL on his stream :/

In my opinion.

The only reason he's still on EG is because he makes a good face for the team. That, and he provides a good counter example to the typical skinny nerd stereotype for their sponsor's ads.

The only time I remember him actually doing good in a tournament was the first MLG (which had no Koreans and he placed 4th).

I don't hate the guy but he's just not a good player.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Pancakes said:
In my opinion.

The only reason he's still on EG is because he makes a good face for the team. That, and he provides a good counter example to the typical skinny nerd stereotype for their sponsor's ads.

The only time I remember him actually doing good in a tournament was the first MLG (which had no Koreans and he placed 4th).

I don't hate the guy but he's just not a good player.
He might be good if he played the game more. He might not be a top tier player but honestly not too many foreign players are yet still get good results from time to time. Incontrol said that Day9 told him to stop posting so much on TL lol.

Its got to a point where his good manners are just annoying lol. I need more protoss streams ;; Based White-ra where are you.

Haunted

Not sure why people are getting so antsy to see the D3 beta.

I'm sure it'll be a good game. Play it when it comes out?

It's not like SC2 where there's constant balance changes integral to the experience which make the beta worth following.

It's just a regular beta, guys.

jasonng

Haunted said:
Not sure why people are getting so antsy to see the D3 beta.

I'm sure it'll be a good game. Play it when it comes out?

It's not like SC2 where there's constant balance changes integral to the experience which make the beta worth following.

It's just a regular beta, guys.
What the fuck is this I don't even

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Pancakes said:
(In case you're being serious)

Why do you say that? Just because people stop playing Starcraft doesn't mean they'll stop watching it.

The only part of Terran that somewhat annoys me is that hellions don't cost any gas. So you can lose a bunch of them but so long as 1-2 make it into a mineral line you're almost guaranteed to destroy probes.

It's a low risk high reward maneuver.
Give me vultures that cost 75 minerals and can lay 65 to light and 125 to armored AoE mines and can move faster than phoenix.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Wont be here for gaf night next week. And not sure if ill be stream anytime soon...either Xsplit updates has turn my stream into shit or my isp doesnt want me too...cuz this looks bad :/

Birdman02

Corran Horn said:
Wont be here for gaf night next week. And not sure if ill be stream anytime soon...either Xsplit updates has turn my stream into shit or my isp doesnt want me too...cuz this looks bad :/

Did something happen after gaf night? It looked fine when I was watching...when you guys were playing some custom game with Phantoms.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
When I'm GM is his second best song :) Mostly because Flash is a fucking boss

Zen

Banned
Does anyone else think that it was a mistake to let the 'Starter Edition' players play on the same server as the regular players? I mean, shit. sometimes I just feel like facing a random guy of decent skill in a customs 1v1, and I just assume that they check my record before go time.

Next thing I know I'll rolling some poor guy that's 99% certainly playing the started edition, and rolling him in such a way that I know it will do nothing for his confidence or enjoyment of the game, meaning that he will be less inclined to buy SCII.

I try to be friendly and give people tips when this sort of thing happens, but it was a bit of an oversight on Blizards part to not give the poor starter edition noobs the option of playing in their own safe environment.

I fondly remember my days of 1v1 marine wars with the Starcraft demo. :p

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Zen said:
Does anyone else think that it was a mistake to let the 'Starter Edition' players play on the same server as the regular players? I mean, shit. sometimes I just feel like facing a random guy of decent skill in a customs 1v1, and I just assume that they check my record before go time.

Next thing I know I'll rolling some poor guy that's 99% certainly playing the started edition, and rolling him in such a way that I know it will do nothing for his confidence or enjoyment of the game, meaning that he will be less inclined to buy SCII.

I try to be friendly and give people tips when this sort of thing happens, but it was a bit of an oversight on Blizards part to not give the poor starter edition noobs the option of playing in their own safe environment.

Would be nice if it let you know if your opponent was starter edition, I would play a nice game of one base battlecruiser turtling with him!

Vaporak

Zen said:

Do the starter edition guys not get the practice league before their placement matches?

Yoshichan

Vaporak said:
Do the starter edition guys not get the practice league before their placement matches?
Starter edition doesn't get to place placement matcher or league games.

Yoshichan

hungry... lonely... and cold :(

fanboi

Banned
AdventureRacing said:
I'm warm and having spaghetti bolognese with my partner, well once i finish cooking anyway.

I'm wam, sweathy and newly ejaculated from having sex!

Who am I kidding forveralone.jpg

Dooraven

Watching EGMC vods and I stumbled across this little gem by idra:

"KawaiiRice has the worst mindset in all of professional gaming ... he is self-defeating"

lmao.

Q8D3vil

Dooraven said:
Watching EGMC vods and I stumbled across this little gem by idra:

"KawaiiRice has the worst mindset in all of professional gaming ... he is self-defeating"

lmao.
egmc ?
lolz about the self defeating thing.
although he is right, KR is very strange and he don't even like sc2.

Been on a losing streak ever since I switched from zerg to terran playing mech each match.

Playing a lot of silvers lately and I smell that demotion.

Dooraven

Q8D3vil said:
lol XD
i need to watch those too.
i just lost 1 hour sky terran tvt and it feels like the worst feeling ever.

Once of the reasons why I'll never switch permanently to terran. TvT is fun to watch but so exhausting to play. PvP is terrible to watch but at least it ends quickly.

Q8D3vil

Dooraven said:
Once of the reasons why I'll never switch permanently to terran. TvT is fun to watch but so exhausting to play. PvP is terrible to watch but at least it ends quickly.
next patch is probably going to make it a long MU( war of the worlds).
good luck with that :/
i always felt that mirrors are way more exhausting than non mirror.
tvt is dumb though because there is a point both players won't be able to attack and begin sacrificing units and massing air which is extremely dumb.

fanboi

Banned
Q8D3vil said:
next patch is probably going to make it a long MU( war of the worlds).
good luck with that :/
i always felt that mirrors are way more exhausting than non mirror.
tvt is dumb though because there is a point both players won't be able to attack and begin sacrificing units and massing air which is extremely dumb.

TvT is, with a fucking country mile, the best mirror matchup.

Most dynamic
Most fun to watch
All units possible
Star Wars

MrKnives

fanboi said:
TvT is, with a fucking country mile, the best mirror matchup.

Most dynamic
Most fun to watch
All units possible
Star Wars

I agree!
I can see it getting tiresome to the players though. Every TvT is like automatically 1h long. It's cool to play it on ladder for me but I don't play Terran that often so I believe Devil when he says it gets though.

I love to watch TvT though. I would almost say that my favorite matchup is ZvT and then TvT. I'm hoping a lot from the GSL finals.
Probably a mistake >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom