• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q8D3vil

cdyhybrid said:
The Infestors will be long dead before they get in range to Neural a tank though.
no, tank with lings and neural with mass infestors.
works against me :(
and i use focus fire but damn bastard got my 3 tanks :X

Q8D3vil

MisterAnderson said:
I'm surprised they haven't pulled a Tal'darim Amulet nerf on the Infestor and just took out the Pathogen Glands research.
dunno, CA was imbalance because of the warp in mechanic. it wouldn't be a problem if the ht had to move from gateway to the army.

Holy shit, 50 min zvz with mass ultras in Code S!!! Oh wait nvm, mass TVTVGOMTVTVTVTVT
they should swap code s casters with code a casters and we are done :p

cdyhybrid

Q8D3vil said:
no, tank with lings and neural with mass infestors.
works against me :(
and i use focus fire but damn bastard got my 3 tanks :X

Gotta focus fire with the tanks! Gotta have pretty good timing to get the Infestors into Neural range between the initial shot on the Lings and the second round on the Infestors.

Q8D3vil

cdyhybrid said:
Gotta focus fire with the tanks! Gotta have pretty good timing to get the Infestors into Neural range between the initial shot on the Lings and the second round on the Infestors.
yeah, he had the watch tower ( the map with the 4 watch towers in the middle). so i unsieged my army to regroup and i had a feeling he was going to attack so i sieged again but first shot was fired on lings then he used neural on tanks and killed my marines. i remember this game because it was my first game in masters and it was against a high master zerg.

Holden

WuNC2.jpg

ghst

thanks for the laugh
i guess the rationale is that neural is now zerg's own anti-caster spell. all those neural'd templar gave david kim some wacky ideas.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Hmm if I bought season 1 through their season 1 and 2 package deal, i wonder if i still get the free ticket. Sucks no free stream though.

jersoc

HolyCheck said:

oh boy, i was about to rant and rave until i saw this:

As a special present we will issue the premium ticket for free to all our loyal supporters who have bought every season ticket since Open Season 1 until now (including GSL October):

you're lucky, gom.

actually, if tastosis aren't doing this the whole thing, fuck the 10 bucks anyways

Q8D3vil

AdventureRacing said:
I hope this nerf really hurts zerg. I don't even build infestors so maybe if zerg start doing bad one of the units i use will get buffed :D.
i didn't expect that from a zerg....
why do you don't like infestors ?

Q8D3vil said:
i didn't expect that from a zerg....
why do you don't like infestors ?

I've just always been more of a muta guy. I've built infestors in like 3 or 4 games ever and i'm trying to find builds to avoid building them if possible. They just don't suit my play style (or maybe they do and i just haven't tried it lol).

I also don't think i've ever built a broodlord and i've haven't built many ultras even though they really fit my style so i'm trying to change that.

It's weird cause when i play toss i love using HT's yet i don't like infestors.

Q8D3vil

AdventureRacing said:
I've just always been more of a muta guy. I've built infestors in like 3 or 4 games ever and i'm trying to find builds to avoid building them if possible. They just don't suit my play style (or maybe they do and i just haven't tried it lol).

I also don't think i've ever built a broodlord and i've haven't built many ultras even though they really fit my style so i'm trying to change that.

It's weird cause when i play toss i love using HT's yet i don't like infestors.
so you favor harass and expand style ?
infestors hit squads are pretty good though >_>

FXOsC to team MVP
strange move.....

Dooraven

I think they'll just make thors unmassive if Mech becomes too hard in ZvT. It shouldnt really affect PvT much, since Mech is pretty useless in PvT.

Q8D3vil

Dooraven said:
I think they'll just make thors unmassive if Mech becomes too hard in ZvT. It shouldnt really affect PvT much, since Mech is pretty useless in PvT.
tell that to holden :p
and goody.

edit: making thor unmassive will make them so much better for tvp since void ray won't be able to counter them.

Dooraven

Q8D3vil said:
tell that to holden :p
and goody.

edit: making thor unmassive will make them so much better for tvp since void ray won't be able to counter them.

Until you realise that the graviton beam can lift thors if they werent massive making them more useless lol

Q8D3vil

Dooraven said:
Until you realise that the graviton beam can lift thors if they werent massive making them more useless lol
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
fuck no then, leave everything alone and remove that neural parasite buff

MrKnives

Dooraven said:
he means nerf. lol

Or he means the "Buff" where they fixed that NP now takes the units upgrades too. I wouldn't call that a buff though, it's a fix. Same as GS protects against splash damage correctly etc.

Q8D3vil

Or he means the "Buff" where they fixed that NP now takes the units upgrades too. I wouldn't call that a buff though, it's a fix. Same as GS protects against splash damage correctly etc.
i think blizzard was concerned by this buff and thats why they decided to test the " you cant np a massive" thing.

its really weird.

fanboi

Banned
If a infestor can't NP massive objects, they really need to revamp some other things (like thor...) for it to be acceptable.

Well I think for NP to be somewhat cost-effective, you should most likely try to neural something that is worth more (gas) than the infestor, which leaves you with very, very few units still worth using NP on. Hell, you might be better off using that energy to get off one more fungal and a few infested terrans.

Q8D3vil

fanboi said:
If a infestor can't NP massive objects, they really need to revamp some other things (like thor...) for it to be acceptable.
i'm sure they just want to test it right now, i don't think they will probably let it through.

or maybe they have extra informations and let it through like the thor nerf.

MrKnives

zoukka said:
Hmm it would be interesting to see Infestor not countering all the builds in this game.

I would love that Infestor wouldn't counter everything if they make that something else in Zergs arsenal can rival T or P armies. Now it was Infestor. Now the ling infestor against toss is pretty much dead as you can't np colossi anymore.

Tntnnbltn

Oh god. I just watched Boxer vs Cruncher Game 1 from the GeForce SC2 Pro/Am.

Whyyyyyy...

Linky: http://geforce.cevo.com/event/geforce-starcraft-2-pro-am/video/49327/

Cruncher had a maxed army of zealot, stalker, colo with 3-1-3 upgrades. Boxer had maxed marine, marauder, ghost, viking with 1-2 upgrades. Cruncher move commanded to a watch tower -- the colo walk straight up the cliff, but the rest of the army gets separated because they have to run around. They get ambushed by marine marauders and get annihalated without the colo. Then there's nothing to shoot the vikings and Boxer slowly kills off every colo as they are running back to the base.

Other than that, Cruncher had been playing fantastically. :/

Tntnnbltn said:
Oh god. I just watched Boxer vs Cruncher Game 1 from the GeForce SC2 Pro/Am.

Whyyyyyy...

Linky: http://geforce.cevo.com/event/geforce-starcraft-2-pro-am/video/49327/

Cruncher had a maxed army of zealot, stalker, colo with 3-1-3 upgrades. Boxer had maxed marine, marauder, ghost, viking with 1-2 upgrades. Cruncher move commanded to a watch tower -- the colo walk straight up the cliff, but the rest of the army gets separated because they have to run around. They get ambushed by marine marauders and get annihalated without the colo. Then there's nothing to shoot the vikings and Boxer slowly kills off every colo as they are running back to the base.

Other than that, Cruncher had been playing fantastically. :/

10/10

Dooraven

a176 said:
blizzard falling over ass backwards trying to fix their dumb game

They're falling over backwards because Protoss and to a lesser extent Zerg are terribly designed races with so many gaps in flexibility of the options they have. The Protoss tech tree is so stupidly designed and the race is unfortunately balanced around forcefeilds. Zerg scouting is pretty terrible and they have pretty crap anti air, Zerg was decent for a while because of the overcompensation to the roach and the infestor but the neural change is going to hurt a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom