• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
ChefRamsay said:
It's weird because IIRC this is how it was at release for probably the first 6 months or so.

Then people started moving to bio for a while.. Now it's right back to tank checkers.

SotG was talking about how happy they were that it is back to mech tank battles. It is interesting to watch at times, but also pretty boring. I'm thinking MVP v Keen from yesterday specifically. lol

Jeff-DSA

V_Arnold said:
Stigmas are hard to erase. Very hard. :(
Especially when some people hate on pro gaming, and in the meanwhile, they spend anything between 5-30 hours per bad game just to 1000/1000 it out. Now THAT is not pro gaming, and is a respectable complex to have :p

Well the article is piss poor at best. Kotaku is notorious for garbage articles, but this one is just flat out awful. Stigmas existent or not, I can't believe they published such a worthless piece.

Oh wait, it's Kotaku.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Jeff-DSA said:
Is anybody else tired of the TvT GSL matches that just turn into slow tank battles? Sometimes waiting for the mistake takes way too long.
Watch a Flash vs FireBatHero TvT
50 minutes.
Real time (not game time)
8 bases each.

Seige lines with 2 supply tanks that span the entire map with 40 turrets per player.

Then one loses because he can't mine from his 9th base.
Shit is crazy.

MrKnives

ShallNoiseUpon said:
That Kotaku thread makes my head hurt.

After page 6 I just couldn't read it anymore.

seinfield.gif

Q8D3vil

reading a lot of awful replies in that thread.
didn't expect many gaffers to be against pro gaming, but then again most of them are console peasants.

Q8D3vil said:
reading a lot of awful replies in that thread.
didn't expect many gaffers to be against pro gaming, but then again most of them are console peasants.

It's okay to not like things, but most people who don't like it in that thread fucking hate it and generally shit on it without even a sense of what progaming actually is.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm ignoring that thread now.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Thank you~!!! ♥ ♥ ♥

Had to add one more post in the thread...

zlatko

Banned
My brain is full of fuck after that thread. I apologize for linking it and didn't know Gaf was full of so many ignorant peeps. :(

It's times like these I wish Idra was a Gaffer, because his 3 page long response that ends in account suicide would be god like.

zlatko said:
My brain is full of fuck after that thread. I apologize for linking it and didn't know Gaf was full of so many ignorant peeps. :(

It's times like these I wish Idra was a Gaffer, because his 3 page long response that ends in account suicide would be god like.

I don't think he would give any shits.

zlatko

Banned
ShallNoiseUpon said:
I don't think he would give any shits.

Oh, he'd give some shits. Many shits. So many shits in fact, it'd be a portipody full of shits. In fact it might reach sewer levels of shits Idra would give.

Yoshichan

XD I'd love to see idra spawn in that thread.

Jeff-DSA

Back to the game...

Would anybody like to see them add in an attack rally command? Basically your units a-move to the rally point? I think that would be nice for many reasons. I've lost too many units to rallied points, so I've started rallying to my front door and then commanding them to a-move to where I want them once they pop. It's a bit more micro, but you don't take uncontested damage during the rally.

Yoshichan

ShallNoiseUpon said:
I'm sure you could pay him his coaching fee to post in that thread for an hour

XD
You would have to lend him your account :D

Yoshichan said:
You would have to lend him your account :D

Probably worth it.

Jeff-DSA said:
Back to the game...

Would anybody like to see them add in an attack rally command? Basically your units a-move to the rally point? I think that would be nice for many reasons. I've lost too many units to rallied points, so I've started rallying to my front door and then commanding them to a-move to where I want them once they pop. It's a bit more micro, but you don't take uncontested damage during the rally.

I think it would be useful in some situations (like if nothing gets in the way of the attack move), but I could see it getting really really unwanted results in others, I'd prefer to just use responsible rallies and go from there.

Edit: I just read V_Arnold's post in that thread. I want to learn more about Go. Anyone have resources?

ultron87

Jeff-DSA said:
Back to the game...

In the beta it used to act as an Attack-Move all the time till they changed it at some point.

I kind of like the extra required micromanagement of your reinforcements that can be required if the enemy decides to harass them.

V_Arnold

zlatko said:

I am responding. I am actually making my time and responding. Who the fuck am I kidding? :D
Nah, it really helps that chess and go are already estabilished as sports. Also a few "muscle-oriented" friends of mine still would not call THOSE "games" sports, but maybe that can be used as a gateway for accepting esports as well.

Q8D3vil

Jeff-DSA said:
Back to the game...

nah, i think the game mechanics are easy as it is.

Yoshichan

DEFINITELY don't want that to change... I love me some more micromanagement in SC2.

Jeff-DSA

I was just curious. I already stopped rallying longer distances anyway simply because Zerglings and Mutas will pick off units streaming across the map. I don't think it would make it too easy though. It's not much harder to rally to a safe spot and then a-move from there.

Jeff-DSA said:
I was just curious. I already stopped rallying longer distances anyway simply because Zerglings and Mutas will pick off units streaming across the map. I don't think it would make it too easy though. It's not much harder to rally to a safe spot and then a-move from there.

I could see it becoming a huge advantage for zerg as well, due to their production mechanic, you can inject and then just forget about it an A-move masses of units that are already going to be on a-move?

On second though, this is an excellent suggestion.

Edit: zlatko and v_arnold are heroes in that thread, far more eloquent and patient than I could ever be. Good job :)

Yoshichan

Hmm, when you warp in units as protoss, can you immediately a click their destination?

zlatko

Banned
Yoshichan said:
DEFINITELY don't want that to change... I love me some more micromanagement in SC2.

Yoshi, lend me your keyboard... that thread has me salty as fuck.

*proceeds to 6 pool everyone on ladder*

Yoshichan

zlatko said:

Just don't bother entering the thread anymore, it boils my blood too but what can you do?

edit: Also, don't we love the fact that everyone usually fights with each other in this thread when it comes to balance, races etc... but when it comes to e-sport, we're all fighting together?

Dramatic epicness, I love it ♥ ♥ ♥

I might write a bought about it someday.

zlatko said:

When I get salty I play Terran in customs and just 2-rax SCV allin people.
or play Blanka online

Yoshichan said:
edit: Also, don't we love the fact that everyone usually fights with each other in this thread when it comes to balance, races etc... but when it comes to e-sport, we're all fighting together?

Dramatic epicness, I love it ♥ ♥ ♥

I might write a bought about it someday.

Make a heroic crown of sonnets

Wedge7

Jeff-DSA said:
Back to the game...

It was actually originally like that in beta. Removed in a patch, though the community opinion was fairly mixed. Many people thought as you did, but I actually prefer it this way. It ultimately boils down to having maximum control. For instance, I would always get so pissed when opponents would be in my production lines as Terran, my units would auto die and just start attacking, at least now they can sorta try and consolidate into a small group and try and fight out. Or tricks like early gateway pressure, as a zerg, if your micro was decent, you could pull away the rallied zealots from 'toss base by dancing a drone or zergling in the rally path.

Yoshichan

ShallNoiseUpon said:
or play Blanka online
I liked you until this point.

zlatko

Banned
Yoshichan said:
I liked you until this point.

I hope SF5 takes one major thing from SC2---the ability to down vote. That way you can pick 3 characters you never have to play against online AKA fuck you Blanka, fuck you Vega, and fuck you El Fuerte.

Also, if I get banned it was from my last post in that thread. :( <3 Gaf.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
zlatko said:

If only there was someway to make all the haters in that thread watch Day[9] daily #100.

Yoshichan

zlatko said:
You're fine man, I've been through worse without getting a ban :p

Also, &#9829; you for editing out Guile with Fuerte.

How many of SC2gaf watch/play Street Fighter/Fighting games?

Also, Tasteless plays Blanka. He's the only Street Fighter character that makes can cannon rush!

XD

zlatko

Banned
Yoshichan said:
You're fine man, I've been through worse without getting a ban :p

Also, &#9829; you for editing out Guile with Fuerte.

Yeah it hit me that Guile isn't nearly as bad as you get knock down once by Fuerte and then it's like watching a shortbus crashing into an erotic fetishes store.

@Shall
I play SC2, SF4, and League of Legends. I also loves me some Gears of War. I watch almost every fighting game tournament and for even fighters I don't play or own.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
ShallNoiseUpon said:

I don't play seriously anymore but I do try to catch EVO each year.

Jeff-DSA

ShallNoiseUpon said:

Also, Tasteless plays Blanka. He's the only Street Fighter character that makes can cannon rush!

XD

I play fighting games, but I'm pretty casual at this point. I know all the standard ideas of what you want to try to do, but I don't practice so my execution is sloppy. I'll still mop up your average player, but "good" players will beat me most of the time unless I'm on fire.

I still watch EVO though.

Yoshichan

ShallNoiseUpon said:
You're not a new GAFer! You should be knowing that!

I played a lot of fighting games competitively for 6-7 years but as SC2 got released I slowly stopped playing them. Now I play them casually (occasionally I go to a tournament) and watch them live.

SC2 is my true bread'n'butter from 2010 and forward though.

edit: I do have a habit of buying super expensive arcade sticks though... love the feel and design of most of them.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Pankaks said:
If only there was someway to make all the haters in that thread watch Day[9] daily #100.
im rewatching it now because of you. :p

i loved playing ssf4, sakura/hakan for life!

Yoshichan said:
You're not a new GAFer! You should be knowing that!

I played a lot of fighting games competitively for 6-7 years but as SC2 got released I slowly stopped playing them. Now I play them casually (occasionally I go to a tournament) and watch them live.

SC2 is my true bread'n'butter from 2010 and forward though.

edit: I do have a habit of buying super expensive arcade sticks though... love the feel and design of most of them.

SF4 is the first fighting game I've ever played and I'm super awful. I don't think we've ever discussed what other games people really play in this thread.

:(

I have that MadCatz SE. It is really bad, I feel like I'm worse when I'm using it. I'm trying to decide now if I want to put good parts in it and dual mod it (recently switched from owning an xbox to a ps3) for a total cost of ~100, or just wait until EVO-time and try to picked up a 2-for-1 on TEs (I think the past 2 EVOs have had 2-for-1 coupon codes IIRC) for a total cost of ~150.

Pandaman said:
i loved playing ssf4, sakura/hakan for life!

Ponies, oily men and schoolgirls. Sounds like a fun weekend.

Yoshichan

From that other thread (sorry to bring it over), I just find it to be the most hilarious thing I've read in quite a while...

X26 said:
Uh...what? Real sports involves both. It's not an issue of brains vs brawn, it's brains and brawn vs. brains (and that is being very generous as pro gaming is mostly memorization)

Q8D3vil

I hope SF5 takes one major thing from SC2---the ability to down vote. That way you can pick 3 characters you never have to play against online AKA fuck you Blanka, fuck you Vega, and fuck you El Fuerte.

i wish they take the patching system. capcom is too fucking greedy when it comes to that.
and thats why i will never go back to fighting games again. way too broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom