• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

fanboi

Banned
So this thread has turned out to post your living space SC2 gaf?!?

Well ok!

270340_10150235900988855_684168854_7527904_3324289_n.jpg

Yes, I have painted that fucker

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
OMFG! I'm gonna go out and take a pic right now

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
O1uXI.jpg

Yes, that's a Blanka t-shirt... don't hate me guys ._.

Yoshichan

fanboi said:
You dont own that house!

From your room!
I'm almost half the size of that house! What are you talking about!

Yoshichan

zargle

Jeff-DSA said:
Living space pic? Well there's only one that I really need to share...this is what I did to one of our basement bedrooms.

5357905847_2977b9de34_b.jpg

Im pretty sure you just won for best basement bedroom. Prolly normal bedroom as well.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Yoshichan said:
Wait... can you tell me this story? PM or something?
i prefer to be open about it, if i don't accept the scorn earned for my bad decisions i risk not learning from them.

two years back i was picking my college and ended up choosing a college in belleville because my grandma lived there and due to the recent death of my grandpa my mother was planning to move up there too, so we figured we'd more or less move the family from hamilton to belleville [with the exception of my older brother].

Anyway, when the school year started i went ahead and moved into my own place in the city and i fucked around. spent classes on the laptop, skipped some days, etc. over the winter my grandma/mother decided belleville was too cold for them and moved to Calgary. at the end of the year i had failed a few courses because of the fucking around and was put on probation, since i didn't have any reason to stick around in belleville anymore, i moved back to hamilton to be close to my brother.

over the summer i lived off what i had left from working in belleville/loans but couldn't find work I eventually ran out of money and because of my brothers situation couldn't move in with him or keep the place i was at off ow, which i wasn't collecting at the time. So i ended up homeless for about a month and a half staying at a shelter until i could get set up with welfare.

Anyway i moved into a boarding house [and btw, starcraft gaffer mcrae who had never met me before drove down to the shelter to help me move, the mans a saint] around October my first roommates were the ones who eventually stole everything i had and pawned it off, i had more trouble finding work and i was kinda down over the whole homeless thing. i ended up getting into this job training/work experience program through a local youth shelter that gets me alittle more spending money and i've kinda been coasting on that into September when I'll be back to college fulltime. the job training thing helps, but pretty much everything i have goes to food and the internet bill. I managed to buy a tablet this month with some savings but it turns out i didn't apply for a gst/hst credit on my 09 tax return, so im not getting the return i expected and I'm already out of money till the 28th, which is my birthday anyway so that'll atleast be a good day.

TLDR; pandas not been a very respectable person.

---

@jeff: i get the arcade machines, but i could never understand the attraction of collecting pinball machines

Jeff-DSA

Pandaman said:
@jeff: i get the arcade machines, but i could never understand the attraction of collecting pinball machines

The ball is wild, never the same game twice, etc.

I actually have a ton more arcade cabinets, but I rotate them in and out from the garage and this room more frequently. I used to be more arcade cabinet heavy down there, but at parties the pinball machines were just far more popular. I love both though.

zargle

Pandaman said:

Because they are both pretty and pretty awesome.

Also, dude that sucks, good luck to you in school this fall.

Keikaku

Jeff-DSA said:
The ball is wild, never the same game twice, etc.

I actually have a ton more arcade cabinets, but I rotate them in and out from the garage and this room more frequently. I used to be more arcade cabinet heavy down there, but at parties the pinball machines were just far more popular. I love both though.

I just remembered that you never got back to me about practicing your TvZ. I was waiting for, like, 2 hours on Mumble. Why do you hate me, Jeff?

MrKnives

Pandaman said:
i prefer to be open about it, if i don't accept the scorn earned for my bad decisions i risk not learning from them.

two years back i was picking my college and ended up choosing a college in belleville because my grandma lived there and due to the recent death of my grandpa my mother was planning to move up there too, so we figured we'd more or less move the family from hamilton to belleville [with the exception of my older brother].

Anyway, when the school year started i went ahead and moved into my own place in the city and i fucked around. spent classes on the laptop, skipped some days, etc. over the winter my grandma/mother decided belleville was too cold for them and moved to Calgary. at the end of the year i had failed a few courses because of the fucking around and was put on probation, since i didn't have any reason to stick around in belleville anymore, i moved back to hamilton to be close to my brother.

over the summer i lived off what i had left from working in belleville/loans but couldn't find work I eventually ran out of money and because of my brothers situation couldn't move in with him or keep the place i was at off ow, which i wasn't collecting at the time. So i ended up homeless for about a month and a half staying at a shelter until i could get set up with welfare.

Anyway i moved into a boarding house [and btw, starcraft gaffer mcrae who had never met me before drove down to the shelter to help me move, the mans a saint] around October my first roommates were the ones who eventually stole everything i had and pawned it off, i had more trouble finding work and i was kinda down over the whole homeless thing. i ended up getting into this job training/work experience program through a local youth shelter that gets me alittle more spending money and i've kinda been coasting on that into September when I'll be back to college fulltime. the job training thing helps, but pretty much everything i have goes to food and the internet bill. I managed to buy a tablet this month with some savings but it turns out i didn't apply for a gst/hst credit on my 09 tax return, so im not getting the return i expected and I'm already out of money till the 28th, which is my birthday anyway so that'll atleast be a good day.

---

How are you going to survive until 28th?
I'm worried Panda, hang in there <3

Jeff-DSA

Keikaku said:
I just remembered that you never got back to me about practicing your TvZ. I was waiting for, like, 2 hours on Mumble. Why do you hate me, Jeff?

I actually got on Mumble, actually found the room, but it was during GSL and I wasn't going to bug anybody during that time. Now I've got in-laws in town and I doubt I'm going to be playing until they leave.

I'm still hoping to play with you, and any other GAF members as well. Timing has just been bad on my side. Normally my life isn't so crazy.

Also, I got invited to a local tournament this morning. It's going to be the last weekend of this month and I took 2nd last time. I lost to a Zerg player who is quite good, but I've improved tons since then. Still, top three are in the money, so even if I finish runner up again I'll be happy. It's a $10 entry, about $150 for first, $100 2nd, $50 3rd.

Deadly

Pandaman said:

---

Wow dude =/ What did all your stuff consist of? I remember you posting a thread in the OT about your roommates and how they freaked you out or something. Are these the same people who stole your stuff?

Yoshichan

&#9829; Panda &#9829;

Hang in there! That is all.

Yoshichan

MrKnives said:
@Yoshichan

Which monitor did you end up buying?
Can't link it from here but it was a Samsung 24" LCD. 1080p, 2ms, 1000:1 contrast and 5000000:1 dynamic. Also HDMI!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
MrKnives said:
How are you going to survive until 28th?
I'm worried Panda, hang in there <3
food banks mostly, if i tap those out the good shepard does cooked meals every day.

deadly said:
Wow dude =/ What did all your stuff consist of? I remember you posting a thread in the OT about your roommates and how they freaked you out or something. Are these the same people who stole your stuff?
no, different people. the freaked me out guy is still my roommate on the 1st floor, the thief disappeared the first chance he got after i found out and he lived with me when i was on the 2nd floor.

Deadly

Pandaman said:
food banks mostly, if i tap those out the good shepard does cooked meals every day.

no, different people. the freaked me out guy is still my roommate on the 1st floor, the thief disappeared the first chance he got after i found out and he lived with me when i was on the 2nd floor.
Ah hope your luck and about everything else goes up from now on!

Garryk

Just finished Day9 #100. That was just amazing. I wish I could say that I was this passionate about gaming. I really hope Sean can achieve all his goals for e-gaming; the people in the other thread just wanna hate. If freaking Texas Hold 'Em, Bowling, and Nine Ball can take up hours of ESPN programming then why not SC2, LoL, etc.

Yoshichan

Just finished watching Day9 daily 100... I cried multiple times.

Just unbelievable.

edit: wow, we started watching it the same time huh? :lol Guess that piece of shit thread was worth it after all.

Garryk

That other thread is pretty funny because my wife and I had that exact argument over the course of a 2-hour trip a couple of weekends ago. We came to settlement that video games can be sports, but pro-gamers are not athletes.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Lol, I finished watching the 100th daily a minutes ago as well.

I can't say that I cried during it but I will say that Sean is amazing story teller.

Edit: @Panda, stay safe Brony. You know SC2 GAF will help you if you ever need it <3.

zlatko

Banned
Garryk said:
That other thread is pretty funny because my wife and I had that exact argument over the course of a 2-hour trip a couple of weekends ago. We came to settlement that video games can be sports, but pro-gamers are not athletes.

How can you have a sport without athletes though? >_>

Jeff-DSA

zlatko said:
How can you have a sport without athletes though? >_>

Fine, don't call it a professional sport, call it a professional game. The term eSports is fine though, because it's a different thing than "sports." There's a differentiation there.

Wow, stupid work decided to unload on me with shit to do and I missed so so much.

So,

• What is Arcana Hearts, and what is Skullgirls? Both sound intriguing, and I love intrigue.
  • I don't play fighting games, but only because I am awful at them. Like really bad.
  • Gamertag for Xbox is 'Awesome Animals' and for Steam is 'DigitalElite'. One of the few things I take out of GAF is the camaraderie of the few communities I partake in, mostly FIFA and SCII. I definitely like the idea of us enjoying other games together.
  • With that said, my Gamecenter (iPhone) id is also Awesome Animals.
  • While the Kotaku article was ugly, the response on GAF was far worse. It really is no wonder I rarely lurk outside the threads I have subscribed. I made one post in there and it was only to state how pointless the thread was.
  • Pandaman, rough tale, but I'm guessing from the short time I've known you that you have taken a lot out of that experience, and experiences make the person. I'm sure many of us would be willing to help you out if you ever need it, just like mcrae did.
  • It's GAF night!!!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Sharing Steam id's eh?

Mine is just Pankaks, feel free to add me.

As for my workdesk...

F8pISl.jpg

zlatko

Banned
Corran Horn said:
Golf does just fine.

OH I see what you did thar. I guess it's the hot "tough guy" thing to do is to shit on one mans competitive likes and boast about his. ( I know you were just joking, and that isn't directed at you) that's what a lot of that thread has been though. "OH you think Golf is a real sport? Pff bitch football is a REAL sport!" etc.

@Awesome

Ignore Arcana Heart 3. <_< Panda just likes the moe, but as an actually balanced/easy to get into fighter it isn't either of those. Skullgirls on the other hand is a game, if what the developers on Gaf have said can be believed, is aiming for insanely crisp and tip top balance/catering to pro fighting game fans. It will have GGPO(the best way to hide lag/latency in fighters), and the execution for combos will not be hard like Street Fighter which has 1 frame links. (1/60th of a second precise inputs you can't just mash) Don't worry when it comes out on Xbox Live Arcade I'll tell SC2 Gaf to download the demo.

Jeff-DSA

@Awesome Animals

You play FIFA? Man, FIFA 12 is going to be killer. I played about 2 hours of it at E3 and I'm convinced we're finally getting that big jump forward.

Jeff-DSA said:
@Awesome Animals

You play FIFA? Man, FIFA 12 is going to be killer. I played about 2 hours of it at E3 and I'm convinced we're finally getting that big jump forward.

Let me tell you about Awesome playing FIFA

:|

zlatko said:
OH I see what you did thar. I guess it's the hot "tough guy" thing to do is to shit on one mans competitive likes and boast about his. ( I know you were just joking, and that isn't directed at you) that's what a lot of that thread has been though. "OH you think Golf is a real sport? Pff bitch football is a REAL sport!" etc.

@Awesome

Ignore Arcana Heart 3. <_< Panda just likes the moe, but as an actually balanced/easy to get into fighter it isn't either of those. Skullgirls on the other hand is a game, if what the developers on Gaf have said can be believed, is aiming for insanely crisp and tip top balance/catering to pro fighting game fans. It will have GGPO(the best way to hide lag/latency in fighters), and the execution for combos will not be hard like Street Fighter which has 1 frame links. (1/60th of a second precise inputs you can't just mash) Don't worry when it comes out on Xbox Live Arcade I'll tell SC2 Gaf to download the demo.

I'll definitely keep an eye on it. While I have pulled away from big developers for the most part small/indie developers I love.

Jeff-DSA said:
@Awesome Animals

Well, when it does come out, make sure you join the GAF club. Many, many hours we have sunk into it. Although the scene kind of died around January.

ShallNoiseUpon said:
Let me tell you about Awesome playing FIFA

:|

You mean so much win :)

jasonng

lOAXv.png

It's Gaf Night tonight. Number? Don't remember! I'm going to guess 30 or 31. So let's stop wasting our money on the summer steam sale and actual play the games we buy. Luckily for me, the damage to my wallet is minimal this year and I'm quite proud. So perhaps a lot of Gaf doesn't understand e-sport and why we enjoy Starcraft 2 as a spectator sport. Fuck it, who cares? Competitive gaming is growing exponentially and people will eventually see things our way. In the meantime, let's just enjoy a fucking great game that we all get together every week and play, stream, watch, and shoot the shit. Let's just keep proving that SC2 Gaf is BEST Gaf.

The Weekly NeoGAF Starcraft II Nights
-Wednesdays starting @ 6pm PDT (9pm EST)
-Game types:
<1v1>
<1v1 obs>
<1v1 coaching>
<2v2>
<3v3>
<4v4>
<FFA>
<Custom Maps>
<Nuclear Arcade>
<Star Battle>
<City of Tempest>
<Mafia>
<MineralZ>
<Megaton Team Monobattles>
<MorroW's Micro Tournament>

Mumble + Stream
-Corran's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/corran666
-Hazard's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/vggaming
-Vaultrin's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/vaultrin21

MUMBLE INFORMATION:
Main server: IP = chi.eoreality.net and port = 64739
Backup server: IP = 67.23.187.114 and port = 20198
Download Here: http://mumble.sourceforge.net/

RedGamer

Neo Member
GAF Night sounds good. I'll be on in a bit. I joined the Mumble Channel.

Character Code: BloodSeraph - 687

It'd be nice to be added if your doing that GAF Night thing for SC2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom