• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pandaman said:
terran player commenting on ZvP. :p

it makes it seem innocent when he's asking for a thor buff vs muta.

I remember playing around with that style months ago, alongside you with Chaansta. It's a fun build but doesn't take much for a competent toss to break.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
i love how i can have incontrols stream in the background and hear a queen attacking for 30 seconds straight and know that no, incontrol isn't offracing, he was really just watching that queen attack that pylon the whole time.

It's stuff like this that keeps reminding me that many of the "fans" truly don't view this as a sport, it's barely a step up from console fanboys. If someone signs a contract, they have to honor it. None of this "but he's young!" bullshit. He's 18, a grown man. Everytime something like this happens the team gets the blame while the players gets treated as an innocent pawn who didn't know what he was doing (on TL). jesus

V_Arnold

Yeah, like players were immune to any kind of effect of their own stuff.

Like with Destiny. Uproar about his ban? Jesus christ, the guy basically lives off money he makes while Streaming. Boo-hoo, he had to buy a new account. Damn, 50$!
Or players with 10,000$+ in winnings "having to buy multiple accounts" for different regions. Omg, that is 50$+50$+50$! Incredible.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
V_Arnold said:
Yeah, like players were immune to any kind of effect of their own stuff.

Like with Destiny. Uproar about his ban? Jesus christ, the guy basically lives off money he makes while Streaming. Boo-hoo, he had to buy a new account. Damn, 50$!
Or players with 10,000$+ in winnings "having to buy multiple accounts" for different regions. Omg, that is 50$+50$+50$! Incredible.
what about fanboi? knives? ksan? moemo? they aren't winning thousands of dollars but they had to buy multiple accounts to play on different regions.

V_Arnold

Pandaman said:
what about fanboi? knives? ksan? moemo? they aren't winning thousands of dollars but they had to buy multiple accounts to play on different regions.

They were/are all dedicated players who feel that the additional social and/or laddering options worths that money. It is not like having to pay 100$ to be able to play this game on both regions is ...expensive? How many hours have they put into this game? But I feel a slight shift to "fuck Blizzard" territory, so just whistle and Ill close the window :p

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
V_Arnold said:
They were/are all dedicated players who feel that the additional social and/or laddering options worths that money. It is not like having to pay 100$ to be able to play this game on both regions is ...expensive? How many hours have they put into this game? But I feel a slight shift to "fuck Blizzard" territory, so just whistle and Ill close the window :p
so the more you play a game, the more money the developers are entitled to?
you're an excellent customer. :p

Deadly

V_Arnold said:
Considering it's an option that was included for free in every other Blizzard game yes it's expensive.

V_Arnold

Deadly said:
Considering it's an option that was included for free in every other Blizzard game yes it's expensive.

But those are OTHER games with different production values and different amount of people behind it.

Just because they are Blizzard games, it does not make every feature an "auto-include or die" in the next games.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
mcrae said:
stop buying random shit, save your money and buy a stable place to live. then buy an internet connection where you can browse more than gaf. (seriously wtf is up with that?)

learn priorities, how to grow up and be responsible
I assume you know nothing of my current situation. Then again, I don't blame you since I haven't gone out with it publicly. So best thing would be to stfu and don't tell me what to buy and not :)

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
V_Arnold said:
But those are OTHER games with different production values and different amount of people behind it.

Just because they are Blizzard games, it does not make every feature an "auto-include or die" in the next games.
considering the ptr is currently an international server, i dont think there's any prohibitive costs involved here. its not 'auto-include or die', its 'dont cut just so you can control your userbase more'.

cdyhybrid

V_Arnold said:

So Blizzard gets carryover from other games when it comes to positive issues like balance/quality (which is also arguable) but doesn't get carryover when it comes to features being removed or something negative?

V_Arnold

cdyhybrid said:
So Blizzard gets carryover from other games when it comes to positive issues like balance/quality (which is also arguable) but doesn't get carryover when it comes to features being removed or something negative?

What? o_O
If you think SCII's balance is "carried over" from BW, you have no idea about balance and how it works.

Anyways. Usual suspects. Sleep well instead of this :p

cdyhybrid

V_Arnold said:
What? o_O
If you think SCII's balance is "carried over" from BW, you have no idea about balance and how it works.

Anyways. Usual suspects. Sleep well instead of this :p

I'm just saying, if we're giving Blizzard credit as being great developers and balancers based on past games, we also have to hold them responsible for removing features (or making negative changes in general) that were provided freely in past games.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Y'all are funny. The sc2 gaf cycle is funny. Esports drama to balance talk to blizzard talk to ponies. Then maybe some Reddit sprinkled in.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Someone should really make an infographic like the Sonic Cycle one.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
PATCH IS LIVE ON SEA

General
Unit vision up ramps has been reduced by 1.

PROTOSS
Immortal
Attack range increased from 5 to 6.
Mothership
Acceleration increased from 0.3 to 1.375.
The Mothership's Cloaking Field no longer cloaks all units instantaneously, but rather adds units to the cloak field over time (maximum of 25 per second). This should alleviate "Mothership Lag" issue when a Mothership comes online.
Stalker
Blink research time increased from 110 to 140.
Warp Prism
Shields increased from 40 to 100.

TERRAN
Barracks
Build time increased from 60 to 65.
Hellion
Infernal Pre-Igniter damage upgrade decreased from 10 to 5.
Raven
Seeker missile movement speed increased from 2.5 to 2.953.

ZERG
Infestor
Fungal Growth damage changed from 36 (+30% armored) to 30 (40 vs Armored).
Neural Parasite range decreased from 9 to 7.
Overseer
Morph cost decreased from 50/100 to 50/50.
Contaminate energy cost increased from 75 to 125.
Ultralisk
Build time decreased from 70 to 55.

http://sea.launcher.battle.net/patchnotes/?product=S2&locale=en-US

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
gOrP8.jpg

PhoenixDark said:
I remember playing around with that style months ago, alongside you with Chaansta. It's a fun build but doesn't take much for a competent toss to break.

So at what level do you start facing 'competent' toss, because i'm still winning like 70% of my ZvP's and i go mass muta basically every game. It seems to work pretty well on master players as well.

The nerf to blink is only going to make it better and the nerf to infestors is only going to make those strategies worse.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
AdventureRacing said:
So at what level do you start facing 'competent' toss, because i'm still winning like 70% of my ZvP's and i go mass muta basically every game. It seems to work pretty well on master players as well.

The nerf to blink is only going to make it better and the nerf to infestors is only going to make those strategies worse.
the 6gate belt was in mid diamond last i checked, but it might have moved further down since.

Ultrabum

Lol look at the new windows 8 interface. Comes preloaded with neogaf and teamliquid! Seriously, I had no idea these sites were that popular!

lf9xP.png

Edit: Yes it works and links to the correct sites. And no, I did not make it, just added in the two sites I use the most.

Pandaman said:
the 6gate belt was in mid diamond last i checked, but it might have moved further down since.

Well the masters players i've faced don't seem capable of stopping it consistently even with my pathetic mechanics.

I don't think it's some unbeatable style but you guys really make it sound much worse than it is.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
AdventureRacing said:
Well the masters players i've faced don't seem capable of stopping it consistently even with my pathetic mechanics.
are these eu players? that might explain it.

I don't think it's some unbeatable style but you guys really make it sound much worse than it is.
nobody said it was bad, we just said it isn't good enough to be a staple. you can mix it in like a bane drop or a hydra push or something ike that.

Pandaman said:
are these eu players? that might explain it.

NA.

Pandaman said:
nobody said it was bad, we just said it isn't good enough to be a staple. you can mix it in like a bane drop or a hydra push or something ike that.

I guess that's fair enough, i do have games where i'm sort of forced into a different playstyle and where i feel very vulnerable going mutas.

For the most part though mass muta is my staple and i'll keep doing it until i stop winning with it consistently.

That reminds me, not long until fruitdealer :D. Buckle up because this time he won't play like a scrub
or at least when he does it will be a foreigner winning so it's not as bad :D

red731

I am at work and will do my study, but I have problem with the first challange...

I know that helions against zerglings, siege in siege(or not?) againt benelings and marines plus medivacs against mutalisks - but they always kill many marines.
Best I did is five deaths in first wave....in second I had like 11 and at the end of third 21 or so..

I will check the mother of all knowing,
internet,

And change the names after edit...

what I've first used:

fatassboomlings - benelings
flyingfromassshootingongroundthreemoresplashdemagelings - mutalisk

edit: Whaaaa. I must micro alot more, not just let them stand to die and use other units for distractions in the case of mutalisks. Shiii

SO MUCH TO LEARN ;_;
Crying-Dawson-GIF.gif

Girl is starcraft

And I watched the challange done online so will give it a spin again and again when I get home....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom