• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ty4on

V_Arnold said:
Cockroaches are awesome, dude. They survive nuclear war.
Really? :p

Would be kinda awesome if Terran got a radiation spell, but roaches and let's say hydras were immune (because they're otherwise useless against Terran). Maybe I've played too much C&C Generals to know what balance is...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wait, are we talking about cocks or roaches?

V_Arnold

Ty4on said:
Really? :p

Would be kinda awesome if Terran got a radiation spell, but roaches and let's say hydras were immune (because they're otherwise useless against Terran). Maybe I've played too much C&C Generals to know what balance is...

Actually, I think direct radiation is only a small part of this. Potential food comes to mind also...but anyways, big respect knuckles to Fluorbeetles also :D

Ty4on

V_Arnold said:
Actually, I think direct radiation is only a small part of this. Potential food comes to mind also...but anyways, big respect knuckles to Fluorbeetles also :D
It's probably a bit too complicated for me, but I think insects that can handle a lot of direct radiation can eat a lot of radioactive food.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yoshichan said:
I truly wish I could open the link :( My current Internet does not allow anything other than GAF. Seriously.

Almost.

Oh. Bummer. It is that PrimeZzang is opening their store up to foreign orders and how to order from them. They have that fancy new MKP hoodie.

Yoshichan

ShallNoiseUpon said:
Oh. Bummer. It is that PrimeZzang is opening their store up to foreign orders and how to order from them. They have that fancy new MKP hoodie.
OMG! I've had the site in my favorites for what seems to be an eternity, I'll finally be able to buy stuff through Paypal now?! Best news in a long time :D I'll most likely buy 8-9 items from there.

Could you please upload the new MKP hoodie on imgur?

Yoshichan said:
OMG! I've had the site in my favorites for what seems to be an eternity, I'll finally be able to buy stuff through Paypal now?! Best news in a long time :D I'll most likely buy 8-9 items from there.

Could you please upload the new MKP hoodie on imgur?

QtGTf.jpg

Bam.

MrKnives

Posted already? Korea only August stats

Edit: Note that the sample size this time is kinda small for only korean. I think it's ladder, not gsl

Edit: Still who cares, lets jump to conclusions! I need to start watching more GSL and see how the hell Zerg is winning *cough* lolfestor *cough*

HvaeL.png

Yoshichan

ShallNoiseUpon said:
Sexier than sexy can be! Thank you! Can't wait to start buying the stuff :D

MrKnives said:
Posted already? Korea only August stats

Edit: Note that the sample size this time is kinda small for only korean. I think it's ladder, not gsl

Edit: Still who cares, lets jump to conclusions! I need to start watching more GSL and see how the hell Zerg is winning *cough* lolfestor *cough*

http://i.imgur.com/HvaeL.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

n=233 should be in big red letters across the middle of that image. It is all Korean tournament games played. I saw a list earlier. Will find it in a second.

[QUOTE]It's from Team Liquids player database, so all pro games for that time period.
* FXO KotH Korea #5
* 2011 RQTV Korean
* FXO KotH Korea #4
* iCCup Korean Weekly
* 2011 GSL Code S S5
* 2011 GSL Code A S5
* 2011 SuperStar Championship
* GSTL Season 1
* 2011 GSL Aug Qualifiers[/QUOTE]

MrKnives

ShallNoiseUpon said:
n=233 should be in big red letters across the middle of that image. It is all Korean tournament games played. I saw a list earlier. Will find it in a second.

Ok thanks.

Damn that ZvP matchup jumps around.

Yoshichan

MrKnives said:
Ok thanks.

Damn that ZvP matchup jumps around.
Yeah it's insane...

V_Arnold

State of the game was best at 2011 jun.... 51/48, 51/48, 53/46...wonder what happened since then. Guess what: Infestor buff and ghost/archon change?

Dooraven

V_Arnold said:
Wow, ZVP is BROKEN.

It is either Z favored BROKEN or P favored BROKEN.

Basically it's pretty much down to:

P finds a new all in build which wins for a month, zerg finds counter, P finds new allin build etc.

There are three big issues with the Korean stats.

1) Tiny-ass sample size
2) Someone having a beast run is going to throw the stats way off because of 1. If I wasn't lazy I would do some sort of analysis to confirm this
3) Race amounts with the GSL format significantly skew the data - there may only be a few ZvT or PvT TOTAL before GomTvTvTvT starts up

All of these feed back into the sample size being tiny in the end.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Dooraven said:

P finds a new all in build which wins for a month, zerg finds counter, P finds new allin build etc.

Sounds about right.

Dooraven

ShallNoiseUpon said:

1) Tiny-ass sample size
2) Someone having a beast run is going to throw the stats way off because of 1. If I wasn't lazy I would do some sort of analysis to confirm this
3) Race amounts with the GSL format significantly skew the data - there may only be a few ZvT or PvT TOTAL before GomTvTvTvT starts up

Also this has been added:

* 2011 GSL Aug Qualifiers

Which is quite stupid because the GSL Aug Qualis represent a huge diversity in sample size from GM players to mid Masters.

Yoshichan

Dooraven said:

Seems accurate as heck

Dooraven said:
Also this has been added:

* 2011 GSL Aug Qualifiers

Which is quite stupid because the GSL Aug Qualis represent a huge diversity in sample size from GM players to mid Masters.

It could be a good source of data, if only the latter rounds were used, but that would add a bias to the sampling, I would think. Either way, it is a shitty sample.

Q8D3vil

Dooraven said:
If by broken you mean zergs finally having a positive win rate in that matchup, then yes ZvT is broken.
yeah, they shouldn't have positive win rate otherwise terran is not op.
oh wait, does that mean terran is not op ?

Dooraven

Q8D3vil said:
yeah, they shouldn't have positive win rate otherwise terran is not op.
oh wait, does that mean terran is not op ?

lol. Actually I wonder what would happen if you take the Code A qualies out of the equation. That qualifiers were pretty bad for Terran (I dunno why, maybe the maps).

Yoshichan

Dooraven said:
lol. Actually I wonder what would happen if you take the Code A qualies out of the equation. That qualifiers were pretty bad for Terran (I dunno why, maybe the maps).
GSL maps lol

Q8D3vil

ultron87 said:
Obviously every Terran that matters is already in Code S.
and every protoss that matters is in code b.

ShallNoiseUpon said:

1) Tiny-ass sample size

Use that degree son!

Holden

wow a korean stats, i thought MMA and MVP made ZvT impossible to win and Bomber made PvT impossible to win O.O
or everybody else sucks

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Hugoboss21 said:
wow a korean stats, i thought MMA and MVP made ZvT impossible to win and Bomber made PvT impossible to win O.O
or everybody else sucks
233 tournament games, 200 TvT's.

Q8D3vil

wow a korean stats, i thought MMA and MVP made ZvT impossible to win and Bomber made PvT impossible to win O.O or everybody else sucks
terran is a race that requires skill.
skill is what any protoss need in order to win pvz.

MrKnives

GOM seriously needs to go $9.99 for Moletrap + someone duo and $25.00 for Tastosis. Moletrap for live users except if you have the Tastosis premium.

Q8D3vil

indeed, even when "good" terran code S players say that terran is OP and half the players are bad
who said that ?
last thing i remember is bomber saying " protoss and terran are stron but zerg are weak"
although that was from DH

Dooraven

Q8D3vil said:
who said that ?
last thing i remember is bomber saying " protoss and terran are stron but zerg are weak"
although that was from DH

Polt. He said it in the group selection ceremony saying a lot of these players are there only due to the race.

Dooraven

So on a completley different topic, which Teams do you consider to be the innovation house for each race.

My opinons:

Protoss: OGS-TL. This isn't even close, MC has pretty much created nearly every single build modern protosses use, from 6 gate allins, to the modern variation of stargate expands etc. Only Genius can come close to MC's contributions to the protoss race. /

Terran: Slayers for TvZ. Prime for TvP. Can't really comment on this much to be honest, most of Terran innnovation has been really adding ghosts v protoss and adding helions v zerg.

Zerg: IM, ie Losira's roach ling timing for instance, which destroyed the 3 gate sentry expand. Although oGs zergs were the first to use baneling drops against protoss.

V_Arnold

Add July to Zergs, for setting new standards to "being agressive".
And add Idra to Zergs, for setting new standards on how to whine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom