• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcrae

red731 said:
I am at work and will do my study, but I have problem with the first challange...

I know that helions against zerglings, siege in siege(or not?) againt benelings and marines plus medivacs against mutalisks - but they always kill many marines.
Best I did is five deaths in first wave....in second I had like 11 and at the end of third 21 or so..

I will check the mother of all knowing,
internet,

And change the names after edit...

what I've first used:

fatassboomlings - benelings
flyingfromassshootingongroundthreemoresplashdemagelings - mutalisk

edit: Whaaaa. I must micro alot more, not just let them stand to die and use other units for distractions in the case of mutalisks. Shiii

SO MUCH TO LEARN ;_;
Crying-Dawson-GIF.gif

Girl is starcraft

And I watched the challange done online so will give it a spin again and again when I get home....

good luck!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
red731 said:
Thank you, that will come in handy.

Yesterday I've played 1v1 for the first time. I made much less units than I should have when the others army went to decimate me :D
I hope you keep enjoying the game.

fanboi

Banned
red731 said:
Thank you, that will come in handy.

Yesterday I've played 1v1 for the first time. I made much less units than I should have when the others army went to decimate me :D

I didnt see you in the chat channel... come in there.

red731

I will receive the game today as with many other things that I will post in the september bought thread. Can't wait.

And how do I chat channel? :D I have Yoshi as first and now only friend, so if anyone else interested in killing rts newbie online, then send me PM.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
red731 said:
I will receive the game today as with many other things that I will post in the september bought thread. Can't wait.

And how do I chat channel? :D I have Yoshi as first and now only friend, so if anyone else interested in killing rts newbie online, then send me PM.
Should be a join button for chat channel on/next to friends list. Just type in NeoGAF.

MrKnives

red731 said:

That small button next to the clock opens a tab then just write NeoGaf or anything you want.

bnet-chat-sc2.jpg

Edit: Also I know I always say that when you are just starting the game you shouldn't worry about micro that much, just focus on macro first and it will get you far.
But if you want you can try "Darglein's micro trainer" when you get the whole game. There are more challanges.

Edit 2: What race are you preferring?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Darglein's micro trainer is pretty good.

TvZ timing attack (with no stim lol what) is interesting.
*Oh you can toggle creep/stim. Neato.

Any stutter step just makes me hate B.Net. It is killing eSports for sure. That lag is so fucking stupid huge.

red731

Okay. Will join your channel today. Not sure when, maybe later at evening.

MrKnives said:
Edit: Also I know I always say that when you are just starting the game you shouldn't worry about micro that much, just focus on macro first and it will get you far.
But if you want you can try "Darglein's micro trainer" when you get the whole game. There are more challanges.

Edit 2: What race are you preferring?

1. I will try that when I finish the game and get all serious with MP.
2. Now, from the SE, the Terrans - I must wait to play some skirmishes with other races to have some preffered ones.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm really glad seeing red731 dedicate himself so much so early on :)!

Also people don't seem to understand he's in EU. Joining the NeoGAF chat channel is pointless. I've already told him that if he wants to talk in GAF, he'll either have to post in here or talk to us in Battle.net private chat.

fanboi

Banned
Yoshichan said:
I'm really glad seeing red731 dedicate himself so much so early on :)!

Also people don't seem to understand he's in EU. Joining the NeoGAF chat channel is pointless. I've already told him that if he wants to talk in GAF, he'll either have to post in here or talk to us in Battle.net private chat.

Yesterday we where 6 people in there....................................................

And with that attitude jr you are not getting far!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
fanboi said:
Yesterday we where 6 people in there....................................................

And with that attitude jr you are not getting far!
Clearly situational, he'll see eventually.

MrKnives

Yoshichan said:
Clearly situational, he'll see eventually.

It is situational but it's that mentality that is keeping the neogaf channel dead "there isn't anyone there so why would I join".
When everyone thinks that, nobody will ever join. Take the initiative, join there and show others it's worth joining.

fanboi

Banned
MrKnives said:
It is situational but it's that mentality that is keeping the neogaf channel dead "there isn't anyone there so why would I join".
When everyone thinks that, nobody will ever join. Take the initiative, join there and show others it's worth joining.

Knives, stop being so correct all the time.

LINE EM UP

Yoshichan

MrKnives said:
Nah, it's just obvious I don't wanna talk in public. I'm all about private messages.
fanboi said:
LINE EM UP
I'll line everything up for you. With only +5 extra damage you'll barely do any damage anyway.

Yoshichan

Q8D3vil said:
i hope my mech tvp work, i don't want to return to bio :/
Depends on how many hellions your late game unit composition normally looks like :p

ultron87

Wow, I didn't realize a Hive had that crazy an amount of health.

And now the Terrans are going to start researching building armor to throw this whole thing off.

Tntnnbltn

ultron87 said:
Wow, I didn't realize a Hive had that crazy an amount of health.

And now the Terrans are going to start researching building armor to throw this whole thing off.
Banes ignore building armour.

MrKnives

Q8D3vil said:
ling is the most versatile unit in the whole game >_>

I love my little lings but I have to say Marines are the most versatile early unit in the game. About a Marine you could actually say that Marine is a most versatile unit in the game.

Edit:

Millenium's statement on the Stephano situation

Greetings everyone,

As you may now know, it has been announced yesterday that Stephano had been hired by team Complexity, and a few hours later, that he had finally decided to sign a permanent position contract with us, Millenium, under conditions previously fixed with him (without any intermediate overbidding).

Although we are very confident that, from a legal point of view, Millenium isn’t violating any applicable rule or law, we would also like to emphasize our good will to see this situation solved the right way.

We now want to enter a discussion phase with coL to try and find a solution consistent with the professionalism and respectful practices in the growing scene of eSport that both structures wish to promote and support. If anything, this unfortunate series of event has pointed out the impending necessity to ease worldwide communication between structures, and players, to avoid this kind of situation from ever occurring again.

To our fans and to all the people supporting eSport in general, we want to thank you for your everlasting support and for your interest in the values that should be carried by eSport structures.

As for the people who may have been disappointed, shocked or offended, we would like you to understand that Internet gossip is not always ground truth, and that things are often more complicated than they might seem to be. We would like to apologize for the long time it took us to release a statement, but the last two days have been very stressful and exhausting for everyone involved. In addition, very practical difficulties ranging from busy schedules to time differences partially account for some of the mistakes or misunderstandings that might have led to this complicated situation.

Hoping that you will understand us,

The Millenium Staff

Edit:

NaNiwa and Team Dignitas part ways

Today we announce that we have chosen not to extend the contract with our Swedish Starcraft II player Johan 'NaNiwa' Lucchesi. His current contract expires at the end of the month and we have agreed with Johan not to offer a consecutive one.

We wish Johan all the best with his future career.

Makes no fucking sense to me.

Deadly

EDIT:Damn your edit :lol

Yeah wonder why they didn't resign him. I'm guessing he just wants to stay in Korea so he probably didn't want to fly to every tournament which Dignitas would probably force him to do.

Deadman

Announcement of naniwa to another team in 3...2...

Theres no way they just didnt want him anymore, hes one of the best foreigners. Hes off to another team for sure.

MrKnives

Deadly said:
EDIT:Damn your edit :lol

Yeah wonder why they didn't resign him. I'm guessing he just wants to stay in Korea so he probably didn't want to fly to every tournament which Dignitas would probably force him to do.

Last edited by MrKnives : Today at 06:07 PM.

Deadly : Today at 06:08 PM.

So close :p

I guess if he wants to go somewhere else I can understand but just he wording "we decided not to extend..." makes no sense. They don't want to resign an awesome player?

ultron87

I don't really see where there is room for miscommunication between teams in the Stephano situation. If he signed a contract he signed a contract.

And yeah, I have to assume that Naniwa is getting picked up by another team. No reason for Dignitas to just let him go unless he was being an ass or something.

Deadly

MrKnives said:
Last edited by MrKnives : Today at 06:07 PM.

Deadly : Today at 06:08 PM.

So close :p

I guess if he wants to go somewhere else I can understand but just he wording "we decided not to extend..." makes no sense. They don't want to resign an awesome player?
Haha it's cause it took me awhile to remember how to name the URL.

Another team signing him? Who would it be? Naniwa joining the IM foreign force (whatever it was called) as their protoss player?!!? God that would be awesome.

Q8D3vil

that naniwa situation is much more interesting than two mediocre teams lying through their teeth about a mediocre-at-best zerg player.
he is a top foreigner zerg :mad:

maybe naniwa will join Col because they will willing to give him a chance to have a real practice partners (MVP team).

FXopen
We have spoken to NaNiWa and we will not be recruiting him.

Given the financial requirements for a player such as Naniwa, the only korean team who 'may' purchase him would be coL.MvP, but it would be a big investment for them.

My guess would be another foreign team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom