• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooraven

Naniwa leaving Dignitas? pretty wow.

Actually coL might not be too bad for him, considering he's going to be living with the MVP house for a while anyway.

hamchan

I think it would be awesome if complexity just 1-upped the Stephano stuff by acquiring Naniwa.

"Oh that Stephano stuff? Yeah we don't care about that guy anymore, we got Naniwa."

Dooraven

I like how FXO is being pretty open with this, them and coL do seem to be pretty open with the SC2 community. coL does seem to be the best bet for him though, having DRG as a practice partner would be pretty significant and would improve his PvZ dramatically.

ultron87

Q8D3vil said:
they have brains and right now no one in their right mind will purchase a protoss player let alone a very expensive one.

Not picking up a really talented player because of a current imbalance would be a really short sighted decision.

That said, Naniwa might be asking for more than he is truly worth.

Q8D3vil

ultron87 said:
Not picking up a really talented player because of a current imbalance would be a really short sighted decision.

That said, Naniwa might be asking for more than he is truly worth.
i was joking, naniwa probably saw huk deal and asked for something similar.

with his latest scrappy results i don't think he will be getting any similar deals to huk deal with eg.

It would make sense for Naniwa to join EG. He could stay at their Korean house and train with Huk, Puma, and Idra right away.

colMVP would make a lot of sense as well

Played around with the patch, went Ultras against Terran. Felt good man. I was hoping I'd get 2rax'd so I could see how the Barracks timing has changed, but no one did it : /

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Would be interesting if eg could afford him at high price. They just got huk to a large contract. I imagine they did or will resign idra. Then add puma. I want money :(

Mairu

MrKnives said:
I love my little lings but I have to say Marines are the most versatile early unit in the game. About a Marine you could actually say that Marine is a most versatile unit in the game.

Edit:

Millenium's statement on the Stephano situation

Edit:

NaNiwa and Team Dignitas part ways

Makes no fucking sense to me.
I like how Complexity's statement seems transparent with actual information in it and Millennium doesn't really say anything. Go France!

Can't wait to see where Naniwa goes.

Tntnnbltn

Corran Horn said:
Would be interesting if eg could afford him at high price. They just got huk to a large contract. I imagine they did or will resign idra. Then add puma. I want money :(
I hate that people are using the word 'resign' when they mean 're-sign'. Not just here, but on TL too.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Tntnnbltn said:
I hate that people are using the word 'resign' when they mean 're-sign'. Not just here, but on TL too.
Sorry for being on a cellphone while posting on gaf and I dont have perfect english.

Q8D3vil

crushed a zerg with mech but was bitching about how np is not good against thor at all without even trying it.
terran mech dominance incoming :D

ya i have a huge doubt that EG can afford naniwa, he practiced at StarTale, he could join it..?
korean teams don't pay their players and he want a high salary.

Hugoboss21 said:
great! 1.4 broke my game...

Remember it resets your graphics settings, so make sure to change them back. It turned all my shit to ultra, which I handled with moderate lag but decided to turn it back down to just high.

Holden

PhoenixDark said:
Remember it resets your graphics settings, so make sure to change them back. It turned all my shit to ultra, which I handled with moderate lag but decided to turn it back down to just high.

crashes on start saying to update drivers, was allrdy on latest driver and i play on low.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
1.4 broke my game too

Mairu

I'm really disappointed that the Chinese Blizzcon Invitational players aren't going to be able to make it to Blizzcon. It was fairly exciting last year to see Loner manage to make it to the finals even if he didn't win
and slowly faded away after
. We don't really get to see much out of the Chinese scene and it sucks that they won't have any representatives at Blizzcon. I hope Blizzard & the players manage to be able to work something out to get someone to Blizzcon next month :/

Q8D3vil

I'm really disappointed that the Chinese Blizzcon Invitational players aren't going to be able to make it to Blizzcon. It was fairly exciting last year to see Loner manage to make it to the finals even if he didn't win and slowly faded away after. We don't really get to see much out of the Chinese scene and it sucks that they won't have any representatives at Blizzcon. I hope Blizzard & the players manage to be able to work something out to get someone to Blizzcon next month :/
well, he managed to 2-0 everyone in that Chinese recent tournament so i think he is doing pretty good now.

Holden

sadzealot.jpg

can somebody avatar this :eek:?

hmm it seems to be good size... is it?

nvm ;o

i'll revert back when 1/3 of code S is protoss
AKA never

Hugoboss21 said:
sadzealot.jpg

can somebody avatar this :eek:?

hmm it seems to be good size... is it?

nvm ;o

i'll revert back when 1/3 of code S is protoss
AKA never

q3RW1.jpg

The edges will get chopped off if you just upload it that way. Avatars need to be 100w x 120h

Deadly

What are the general thoughts on the patch for toss? Insignificant changes? Or is it the other races that needs changing? Or someone needs to pioneer some new protoss strategy?

Holden

Deadly said:
What are the general thoughts on the patch for toss? Insignificant changes? Or is it the other races that needs changing? Or someone needs to pioneer some new protoss strategy?

over buffed warpprism, all it needed was +1armor
Immortals might be more usefull
pvp is finnaly not bullshit?
I don't relly care about blink
i was planning on building more mothership/carrier so i guess the mothership is just a small bonus

Fungal isn't the problem, its infested terran
Other stuff for zerg are nice

hellion nerf was needed
and HSM is a bit insane ( i don't relly know, but i think its pretty much impossible to dodge now)

and imo, protoss and zerg are fine, its just terran;;;;

jasonng

mescalineeyes said:
actually, it would be nice to bring Protoss and Zerg up to the level of Terran, not drag the only actually good race down. but hey...
This is what I'm hoping the expansions will do. The idea of the dev team focusing purely on one race at a time will eventually give us three fully fleshed out and unique races. It's a long wait but as of right now, zerg and protoss definitely feel incomplete.

Zen

Banned
jasonng said:
This is what I'm hoping the expansions will do. The idea of the dev team focusing purely on one race at a time will eventually give us three fully fleshed out and unique races. It's a long wait but as of right now, zerg and protoss definitely feel incomplete.

Absolutely, and let's not forget how long it took StarCraft/BW to acheive the level that it did. All in good time. It will be interesting to see what is done with all the races in HotS and how much Protoss and Terran will be changed relative to Zerg.

Holden

jasonng said:

hope they remove the uninteresting units ( corruptor / collosus, etc w.e thats just none micro required -_-;;; )

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Deadly said:
What are the general thoughts on the patch for toss?
bullshit tier:
neural nerf.
warp prism shield buff
seeker missile buff
ramp view change

whatever tier:
fungal nerf
barraks nerf
blink nerf
mothership buff

thats nice tier:

hellion bf nerf
immortal buff
ultralisk buff
UI changes
social changes

Holden

damn, thats pretty nice :), hopefully LOTV will have an awesome menu and stuff,
and LAN, BELIEVE

Pandaman said:
bullshit tier:

ramp view change

i do kinda agree but pvp needed to be fixed But i am relly scared of this in PvT causing my lose of stalker when i move up the ramp...;

Rubashov

I'm so close to getting demoted in 1v1. I went from silver to diamond in 200-300 games, only playing the game here and there. But now I can't afford to have any rust or I get blown up. My macro game is killing me.

Anyone down to practice right now? I'm Z, on NA.

fanboi

Banned
Pandaman said:
bullshit tier:
neural nerf.
warp prism shield buff
seeker missile buff
ramp view change

whatever tier:
fungal nerf
barraks nerf
blink nerf
mothership buff

thats nice tier:

hellion bf nerf
immortal buff
ultralisk buff
UI changes
social changes

Agree on most part except WP buff which I think is nice.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
That is a nice list Panda.
fanboi said:
Agree on most part except WP buff which I think is nice.
No. 140hp mineral only is fine. Esp with speed upgrade.
You get the hell out and every other whining Protoss. 200hp is bullshit.

jasonng

The warp prism buff is what boggles my mind. Was it seriously *too* fragile? I understand that it definitely is vs terran. It'll take less than a handful marines to take it down but then again, there will always be enough marines to take it down no matter how much hp it has. From the zerg's perspective, we have to tech to hydras. No question about it, our queens won't make a dent and we can't get spire out in time. Definitely changes the meta game.

The whole point of the warp prism being vulnerable was to make up for the incredible amount of benefits it brings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom