• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corran Horn said:
You know they troll the viewers on purpose lol.

Like how they troll Europeans.

Well yea, but Tyler always does this "such and such isn't good" or "he's good but he's not perfect, therefore he's not very good" shit lol

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
any ideas???? I cant get the player to work, I dont have the option to select my quality now since I've changed it to 240, it just plays the commercial then shows the MLG logo and nothing plays, 4 browsers, caches cleared, computer restarted/

agh

HolyCheck said:
any ideas???? I cant get the player to work, I dont have the option to select my quality now since I've changed it to 240, it just plays the commercial then shows the MLG logo and nothing plays, 4 browsers, caches cleared, computer restarted/

agh

Viewing on TL or twitch?

hamchan

Watching those Tastosis vids from before SC2 came out they were so hyped for it and kept saying how it's going to be the biggest thing in Korea. :-(

hamchan

Whoa did Artosis hook him up to TSL (I currently can't watch SOTG)? If so then Major should be kissing the damn feet of Artosis.

Deadly

I wonder if these players consider the culture and everything when moving over. It's pretty different and I'm sure not everyone likes it.

Sblargh

Banned
I care about MC!
But really, I agree with the dude, players rise, are heroes, then fall and disappear and it's like, woah, it's been only a couple of months.

I agree with InControl that I'd like to see more seasonal/quarterly GSLs, but obviously Artosis is correct in arguing that the format has to be like it is now to sustain the game in Korea. One day the game will be big enough to support itself, but we're not there yet.

Interestingly the format they're craving is more in line with what NASL does, which many people have panned as having too many "meaningless" matches. I'd love to see a GSL where code S features 32 players duking it out for a couple weeks to determine who moves on to the round of 16. Perhaps instead of requiring 2 wins to advance in a group, it required 5 wins or something.

Sblargh

Banned
I don't really know about formats and what would make what better, my problem is that I am kind of a casual fan. There are months where I watch the entire GSL and there are months (like this one) where I don't.
And so the big problem is this: I watch a GSL and some player catches my eye, even if he doesn't win, I just like his style. Then life happens, I come back 2 months later and everything is different. This guy I liked now is a joke, this guy I barely remember the name is awesome and so on.
Like, I first heard of MC, he was already a superstar, I didn't see it happen, he was just awesome. Now, this GSL I am not watching and people are talking about MC as if he is a has-been. If I didn't got this SOTG, I wouldn't even know that, I would just tune in to the next GSL, ask myself why everyone is laughing at MC.
Actually, that happened to Fruitdealer. Seeing he win that GSL was awesome, then I tuned off, when I got back, fruitdealer is just a sad story. WTF?

Not long ago MVP had fallen out of code S and people were focusing on Bomber and later MMA. I think MC will return in a similar fashion. These guys won a shit ton of money; I wouldn't be surprised if they became more laid back and in the aftermath of winning. MC decided to travel around the world and beat foreigners; the game changed a lot while he was gone, and he came back behind. He'll catch up eventually

Fruitdealer...I'm not convinced he was ever very good tbh. Looking at him play now is like seeing a zerg play in Sep 2010 or something.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
PhoenixDark said:
Fruitdealer...I'm not convinced he was ever very good tbh. Looking at him play now is like seeing a zerg play in Sep 2010 or something.
fruitdealer won because people didnt have any timing attacks [4gate was new and still mostly a pvp thing] and he realized that because of that, he could just get everything and win in any lategame.
like if you go back and watch his games... he holds off 'pushes' with a spore crawler and one zergling because his opponent never know when to commit or what to look for.

Q8D3vil

Pandaman said:
fruitdealer won because people didnt have any timing attacks [4gate was new and still mostly a pvp thing] and he realized that because of that, he could just get everything and win in any lategame.
like if you go back and watch his games... he holds off 'pushes' with a spore crawler and one zergling because his opponent never know when to commit or what to look for.
that was nestea.

Q8D3vil

Vaporak said:
Point still remains really, Fruitdealer had a distinct "get everything" moment in his ZvT back in the first season that just wouldn't fly at all anymore.
yeah, i still remember him doing banes drop against every ground army because there was so much eco difference between him and the other terran/toss it won't matter if he is cost efficient or not.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
lol

@TeamDignitas Team Dignitas
We have made a fantastic new signing we will announce that at 6pm CET tomorrow :)

also..
1xDek.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom