• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
AdventureRacing said:
Yeah i was gonna suggest the same thing. Gaf night is alright but it would be nice to just have a night where we just do custom games.

It can be hard to actually get games with gaffers.
Wait, what am I missing here? I thought GAFNight = Custom games frenzy?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
AdventureRacing said:
I mean custom games as in 1v1.
Yeah, that's exactly what I thought you guys did...

jasonng

We also goof off on Phantom Mode or Micro Tournament. Team games are starting to become popular recently. We still do 1v1, I guess people wanna do less KOTHs and multiple 1v1s? I don't know. I don't seem to have trouble getting someone to spar with. Gaf Night is pretty much an excuse to get everyone together for one night.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
we dont noraly do 1v1s because usually it'll just be one or two masters playing vs room full of plat and lower people who usually do team games.

Yoshichan

Oooh, Micro Tournament by MorroW?

Fuck, I miss this game.

G'night! Have fun GAFNight!

jasonng said:
We also goof off on Phantom Mode or Micro Tournament. Team games are starting to become popular recently. We still do 1v1, I guess people wanna do less KOTHs and multiple 1v1s? I don't know. I don't seem to have trouble getting someone to spar with. Gaf Night is pretty much an excuse to get everyone together for one night.

KOTH's are alright as well.

Pandaman said:
we dont noraly do 1v1s because usually it'll just be one or two masters playing vs room full of plat and lower people who usually do team games.

I know this and it's why i don't think GAF should be used for it. It would still be fun to have a time to actually get together and just play 1v1's together. Would probably be a good way for some people to improve as well.

ultron87

KOTHs usually just end up with one of the Masters players running train. Or everyone just cheeses.

Arranging a game between two equal level players works out better.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Hazaro said:
How to be a better Protoss, play abusive. Use warp prisms.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLnVHgU6P-c&feature=feedu#t=6m16s

You want 100 shields on that? Get the hell out. Like I said almost everyone is awful at this game, especially Protoss.

Very nice play by Toss there. The race still needs to go through much more development imo.

They were discussing this on the latest SOTG. Because Zerg has been the weakest race for a such a long time, they've basically been throwing everything and the kitchen sink into developing new and varied builds to defeat Toss players. Whereas Protoss players in recent history have been relying on the handy dandy 4-gate, and other very all-inish builds against Zergs.

Now that the tables have turned, I think (read:Hope) that Protoss players will start trying to innovate more instead of relying on finding the next super duper all-in build.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
GoSuDoa erik lonnquist
Oh SNAP! Patch 1.4 hitting Korea right now! #GSL today just got a whole lot more interesting...

Code A | Round of 16

Z SlayerS_YugiOh vs Liquid_Hero P

Rubashov

AdventureRacing said:
I know this and it's why i don't think GAF should be used for it. It would still be fun to have a time to actually get together and just play 1v1's together. Would probably be a good way for some people to improve as well.
I want to improve all the time, so if it's a set day or whenever someone wants to spar, then I am down. A few pages ago I asked if anyone wanted to practice and I got crickets. But it still stands. Practice night is every night!

Rubashov said:
I want to improve all the time, so if it's a set day or whenever someone wants to spar, then I am down. A few pages ago I asked if anyone wanted to practice and I got crickets. But it still stands. Practice night is every night!

Wait aren't you online? We could get some games going now.

a176

Banned
Rubashov said:

we invite you to games all the time but you never accept. why?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Q8D3vil said:
wow i won 4 games ?
i didn't expect that at all because of i was doing the same thing over and over >_>
yep, you won 2 games vs muta, 1 game vs banering, 1 game vs roach/ultra.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Was great to join you guys for a bit today :)

I actually miss it, I used to join heaps around january and just havent had time since then, so it was nice, and I plan on trying to pop on during my lunch break from now on

MrKnives

Makes me sick that there is lke 9/10 Zergs on the ladder. Are people even playing other races anymore?
I need to start laddering again because it's like playing another game when comparing them to customing with other Gaf people. Don't know if I can get over the zerginess of the ladder though.

cdyhybrid

MrKnives said:
Makes me sick that there is lke 9/10 Zergs on the ladder. Are people even playing other races anymore?
I need to start laddering again because it's like playing another game when comparing them to customing with other Gaf people. Don't know if I can get over the zerginess of the ladder though.

1) Switch to Zerg
2) Get good at ZvZ
3) ?????
4) Grandmaster!

So are protoss back to going mostly colossus on the ladder? Seems like it will do a lot better now with the neural parasite change.

Edit: Panda do you just go pure roach into ultra/brood when facing mech (i mean just that one style you mentioned)? I've wanted to try something like that out but i'm worried i will get demolished by tanks.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
AdventureRacing said:
So are protoss back to going mostly colossus on the ladder? Seems like it will do a lot better now with the neural parasite change.
and the bane drop nerf...

death balls erywhere.

Holden

Zuj35.png

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
We must unite against the Terran oppressors and take our GSL back!

Jeff-DSA

People keep throwing Infested Terrans at bases like they'll bust through everything. They're great at assaulting a 3rd or 4th base when the army isn't there, but they're just going to get destroyed before they can do much when they're thrown at an army. The real strength of that ability is burrowing to a base, tossing them out, and leaving.

zoukka

Jeff-DSA said:
People keep throwing Infested Terrans at bases like they'll bust through everything. They're great at assaulting a 3rd or 4th base when the army isn't there, but they're just going to get destroyed before they can do much when they're thrown at an army. The real strength of that ability is burrowing to a base, tossing them out, and leaving.

You need other units to back up the IT barrage. It can work.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Pancakes said:
You don't have to lie to us, we know you're playing LoL.
Gears of War! COLE TRAIN BABY!

PhoenixDark said:
just admit it, you got a girlfriend and now can't be seen with us :(
;)

Pandaman said:
high fucking diamond? i cant tell the high diamonds from the bronze players. its all the same.
I thought friendship was magic, why so rude! Unless you dont lie...then you are saying you are really an applejack fan. (dont ask me why I know this)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom