• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keikaku

I've played 8 games over the last two days and lost 1.

Things I learned:
- 2-rax is still strong and most Zergs have no clue how to hold it.
- My Terran bros need to learn that just because you take the tower doesn't mean that I forget that you're moving across the map. Your tanks are useless if they're not sieged against a bio force with Medivac support.
- Protoss at Gold or below tends to be pretty bad. Don't 4 gate me if I ain't fast expanding. C'mon now.

EDIT: Additionally, what's this shit of moving out with 4 tanks, 7 vikings and, like, 7 marines? Is this, like, a strategy that I'm completely missing? It seems to fail pretty solidly against a 3-rax opening . .

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
People are still 4-gating? SMH brotoss players.

3 Gate Robo/Expand is the way to go.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Pancakes said:

sJhUy.gif

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Isn't it? I thought it was the safest build Toss could do to get an expansion up.

a176

Banned
Keikaku said:
I've played 8 games over the last two days and lost 1.

Things I learned:
- 2-rax is still strong and most Zergs have no clue how to hold it.
- My Terran bros need to learn that just because you take the tower doesn't mean that I forget that you're moving across the map. Your tanks are useless if they're not sieged against a bio force with Medivac support.
- Protoss at Gold or below tends to be pretty bad. Don't 4 gate me if I ain't fast expanding. C'mon now.

EDIT: Additionally, what's this shit of moving out with 4 tanks, 7 vikings and, like, 7 marines? Is this, like, a strategy that I'm completely missing? It seems to fail pretty solidly against a 3-rax opening . .

thinks hes a boss because he plays terran now
fucking terrans

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Pancakes said:
People are still 4-gating? SMH brotoss players.

it's safe in that if they 3rax or some other dumb early game all in, you'll be able to hold it easily and have some nice tech.

yet paradoxically this over caution makes it extremely risky, as your economy will be in the toilet if your opponent takes an early expansion and terran 1 base eco>>>protoss 1 base eco. without taking an early expansion, it's unlikely that you'll have enough general shit to hold off certain 10min terran timings.

Dooraven

I consider the 1 gate expo to be the safest choice to be honest. If you do a 3 gate, you don't really have enough production for the 1/1/1 and 1 gate double gas expo can hold off a 2 rax if you play decently. Though it's obvious that it'll get behind a cc first.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
1gate expo into 3gate forge. I'm telling you bros.

take it from a zerg, static detection is the way and the path to get away with econ.

Pancakes

ghst said:
it's safe in that if they 3rax or some other dumb early game all in, you'll be able to hold it easily and have some nice tech.

yet paradoxically this over caution makes it extremely risky, as your economy will be in the toilet if your opponent takes an early expansion and terran 1 base eco>>>protoss 1 base eco. without taking an early expansion, it's unlikely that you'll have enough general shit to hold off certain 10min terran timings.
Dooraven said:
I consider the 1 gate expo to be the safest choice to be honest. If you do a 3 gate, you don't really have enough production for the 1/1/1 and 1 gate double gas expo can hold off a 2 rax if you play decently. Though it's obvious that it'll get behind a cc first.
Pandaman said:

take it from a zerg, static detection is the way and the path to get away with econ.

Hrm, I see.

I'll try it out on the ladder and see what happens.

jasonng

Pandaman said:

5RR/7RR would decimate that easily. Not sure if Roach Rushes are still popular but someone must be still doing it.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
jasonng said:
5RR/7RR would decimate that easily. Not sure if Roach Rushes are still popular but someone must be still doing it.
i haven't seen nor heard of a roach rush without some sort of cannon cheese being the cause in months.

but yea if you're silver/gold your problems are not ramping up your econ anyway soooo.

jasonng

Pandaman said:
i haven't seen nor heard of a roach rush without some sort of cannon cheese being the cause in months.

but yea if you're silver/gold your problems are not ramping up your econ anyway soooo.
Fine, let's forget about roach rushes. Your toss BO requires the zerg to go for a FE, which admittedly is standard. So if I scout 1 gate into forge, then lol 10 ling for an EZ win. On the flip side, toss walls top of ramp with gate, core, and zealot then my lings will deny your natural until you're forced to get 2 more gates anyway before expanding.

You seem to have forgotten that with a 10/11 pool, a zerg has the option to either expand or put early pressure. Forge expands and three gate robo expands are considered safe openings for a reason.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Today jason taught me that it is unacceptable for a protoss player to need to scout or take a risk in starcraft 2, only zergs need to risk builds that may just get them killed instantly.

If you cant scout a 14/14 or 11pool before your core goes down, frankly you deserve to stay in whatever lowbie division you're in until you figure that out.

also 1 gate forge is not ez'd by 10lings on any 4 player map.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
a176 said:
baneling bust
you're going to bane bust after opening early hatch? please do so when I'm obsing and we're both in mumble. i wouldn't even do that if he walled his expo with his first core...

weren't we talking about PvT anyway? you guys already have forge first in PvZ so i don't know why you'd even bother looking for different openings. Hell holden used to 1gate 1robo expand.

jasonng

I'm just saying! Also, who says a zerg has to expand after a 14 pool? Toss plants his core way before a zerg plants his 16 hatch. And don't tell me you're not suppose to drone scout if you're going 14/16.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
jasonng said:
I'm just saying! Also, who says a zerg has to expand after a 14 pool? Toss plants his core way before a zerg plants his 16 hatch.
does zerg have a gyser? no? he's 14/16ing.
And don't tell me you're not suppose to drone scout if you're going 14/16.
you're never supposed to drone scout outside of tal'darim. :p

mcrae

jasonng said:

im gold and i normally fubar the 7RR and turn it into a 6RR, but whenever i do 1v1s, regardless of who im against, im most often 1base roach

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Pandaman said:

what the hell? there were like, 3 in code a last week.

Dooraven

Speaking of the GSL, they really need to fix dual sight, that map is nearly impossible to get a third against v Zerg.

Also why Blizzard still hasn't fixed the roach speed and tunneling claws icons is beyond me.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Pandaman said:
i don't watch code snarf but i'd still be somewhat surprised if there were 3 one base roach builds last week.
alright, 2base roach all-ins though.

code snarf>code t.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ghst said:
alright, 2base roach all-ins though.
-.-

if we are specifically talking about 7rr and its variants, why would you bring up a 2base play?
people dont roach rush doesn't mean the same thing as people never build roaches.

red731

qwert grid is godlike. how did I missed that. smh

I dominated the
very easy
zerg on xel'naga caverns!

And the stats at the end of the match are pretty good too. I gather so much material and not use it as I should. The bar should be empty, not full.

Dooraven

The last time I saw a 1 base roach was Huk v Moon at dreamhack. Apparently hero lost to it too in the GSL, but I'm not sure if that was 1 base or 2 base.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Dooraven said:
The last time I saw a 1 base roach was Huk v Moon at dreamhack. Apparently hero lost to it too in the GSL, but I'm not sure if that was 1 base or 2 base.
2 base. hero lost to it, then it became the peak of zerg metagame for all of 3 hours.

Dooraven

Q8D3vil said:
lost tons of tvp's because of the fucking taldarim cross map spawn today so i decided to do 111 and won my last tvp
hooray

lol wtf 1/1/1 on cross positions tal darim should be easily destroyable.. )

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
too many pictures in the thread lately...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
V_Arnold said:
6 picture in the last 100 post :D
And one is a gif ._. to post a reply here, the pictures needs to load completely. Each image takes over 45 seconds, let alone gifs (which can take up to 5-10 minutes depending on size and quality).

Good lord.

Yoshichan

hoooooooow?! I'm using Firefox 5

Yoshichan

♥ SC2 COMMUNITY GAF ♥

I should've explained about my image problem earlier... fuck!

edit: this is a good way of learning all the names and not just looking at those damn avatars...

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Yoshichan said:
And one is a gif ._. to post a reply here, the pictures needs to load completely. Each image takes over 45 seconds, let alone gifs (which can take up to 5-10 minutes depending on size and quality).

Good lord.

This is nothing Yoshi.

Try entering a GSL thread, shit chugs to a halt

Yoshichan

HolyCheck said:
This is nothing Yoshi.

Try entering a GSL thread, shit chugs to a halt
I know, I know... why do you think I haven't posted in GSL threads lately :(? When I clicked the link, my Internet broke for 30 minutes. And I'm serious.

edit: wow, what an improvement in speed this is :D Less than 30 seconds to open a new page = LET'S GOOOOOOOO ♥

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom