• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Q8D3vil said:
lol, ultra always been great but people needed "something" to push them in order for them to use it.
like being able to build them before t's and p's wreck your three most recent bases?

the argument against ultras has typically been one of practicality than usefulness.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Pandaman said:
from last night:
7oJU5.jpg

hz0Eo.jpg

corran, your build lives!

150 vs 200 food? EZ for ultras.
/tear

Glad my build lives on.

syllogism

Q8D3vil since you were curious about lalush BM a while ago

lalush: Could put a trained monkey behind your monitor and no one would notice the difference
lalush has reconnected.
lalush: !@#$ing retard

(to TT1 after losing in tl open)

Keikaku

I love John the translators and all of his trolling. Here's his most recent Twitter update:
John said:
you sprained your ankle and I caught cold. Since artosis is vegeterian none of us are ok. what a gloomy day.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
nilbog21 said:
bumping for new page :D
Keep up at least 1 base and 2 Orbitals.
Add tanks for base defense (1 tank, 2 mard, 2 marines) vs hellions.
Wall your expos with depots and rax.

Move around and punish whenever mech is out of position.
You'll just have a ton MORE SHIT and when you trade your army will be 200% stronger until mech builds up again.

MVP had a good bio vs mech game in the Finals iirc

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
PhoenixDark said:
what happened
destiny rushed ultra and crushed incontrols robo/stalker/sentry/void ball but then couldn't kill any colossus because cliffs and neural range, incontrol spends the next 8 minutes walking between the watch tower cliff and the area behind destiny's 5th and 3rd dodging melee units and spamming zealots and comes back vs a zerg that had doubled his food after the first big battle. and he did all of this on two bases.

edit: LOL incontrols twitter after the game:
"Loving the patch"

Q8D3vil

Pandaman said:
destiny rushed ultra and crushed incontrols robo/stalker/sentry/void ball but then couldn't kill any colossus because cliffs and neural range, incontrol spends the next 8 minutes walking between the watch tower cliff and the area behind destiny's 5th and 3rd dodging melee units and spamming zealots and comes back vs a zerg that had doubled his food after the first big battle. and he did all of this on two bases.

edit: LOL incontrols twitter after the game:
"Loving the patch"
shouldn't he get corruptors and end it or did he continue spamming infestor ultra ?

Starting to get back into laddering after a long hiatus. Man, am I ever terrible! I somehow still managed to land in platinum which is where I left off back in December, but have lost the first 4 games in a row. Need to really work on multitasking and macro, my resources are always floating as soon as anything resembling combat rears its head. Sloppy builds, lack of expanding, scouting is awful, and no production or reinforcing while fighting, just doing everything wrong.

It`s only a matter of practice, I know, but damn if I don't want to just be good without the effort!

EDIT: Also, everyone in the world appears to play Protoss now, and not one of them is interested in expanding. Just 1 base timing pushes over and over, lots of immortals and stalkers. Keep losing because I have nothing resembling proper control and keep balling up my units with stalkers in front and Zealots doing nothing. Easy enough mistake to correct, just a matter of controlling things properly. If I could control my army better I can easily trounce them with the counter and extra economy. Just have to survive those pushes. It`s like learning how to play all over again!

EDIT 2: Great game against a Terran, we both got up to 3 bases, lasted 25 minutes or so. I had him on the ropes once but didnt press my advantage, and then he came back with drops that crippled my economy and I was playing catch up from then on, and didnt rebuild nearly enough probes. Took some hints from my previous couple games and played much better, just didnt quite work out. I will have a victory soon enough!

tip for cheese makers: if you're going to cheese, it's best not to say much of anything outside of "glhf." Got a ZvZ on Shattered Temple and right as the game started the guy was like "my fingers were in ur mom's cunt!" Right then and there I knew I was dealing with some bullshit, so I 9 pooled; a risk because he'd probably beat my timing if we were in close positions. Luckily we were in cross map positions. He did the 6 pool+spine crawler shit, or tried but I stopped him.

Then he rage quit and I proceeded to troll him until he blocked me.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
PhoenixDark said:
tip for cheese makers: if you're going to cheese, it's best not to say much of anything outside of "glhf." Got a ZvZ on Shattered Temple and right as the game started the guy was like "my fingers were in ur mom's cunt!" Right then and there I knew I was dealing with some bullshit, so I 9 pooled; a risk because he'd probably beat my timing if we were in close positions. Luckily we were in cross map positions. He did the 6 pool+spine crawler shit, or tried but I stopped him.

Then he rage quit and I proceeded to troll him until he blocked me.
:lol

Q8D3vil

loooooooool
idra didn't gg to his teammate looooooooooooooool.

i always thought he can't go any lower but apparently he can.

edit: apparently its all an act :/
fucking eg

nitric0

Lmfao is anyone watching the ESWC DeMu/Idra. EG match fixing xD DeMu was up 1-2 on a bo5 and threw away the last 2 games and Idra wins 3-2

Striek

Its pretty bullshit. Example #9998 of why e-sports aren't real sports, and never will be. Immature, blatant match-fixing in whats supposedly a professional tournament involving professional players from a professional team :lol

Q8D3vil

Striek said:
Its pretty bullshit. Example #9998 of why e-sports aren't real sports, and never will be. Immature, blatant match-fixing in whats supposedly a professional tournament involving professional players from a professional team :lol
yeah it was obvious that idra and demuslim were throwing away match's.
i guess idra don't want to go to the lower brackets and play minigun.

Dooraven

Demuslim is easily ahead of idra now. And this match fixing thing is fucking bullshit, both of them should be disqualified (also the whole of EG if they conducted it)

Holden

Q8D3vil said:
loooooooool

fucking eg

hahahahgagaga, SUCH A HATER

30le54i.jpg

syllogism

Q8D3vil said:
loooooooool

fucking eg
Even if it wasn't an act, do you realize idra doesn't gg because he thinks it's a pointless gesture? The only reason he generally does it in tournaments is out of consideration for the hosts/sponsors/team

also http://i.imgur.com/odiGu.jpg

V_Arnold

The sad part is that you are so ready to pounce upon someone else on the internet that you never met :p I do the same, but at least I have to be drunk to do it. What is your excuse ? :p

Q8D3vil

V_Arnold said:
The sad part is that you are so ready to pounce upon someone else on the internet that you never met :p I do the same, but at least I have to be drunk to do it. What is your excuse ? :p
duh, i'm rich :p

not really :(

MrKnives

Striek said:

Yea, F1 teams never do anything fishy in regards to letting someone win. Not that many sports where a teammates compete against each other.

fanboi

Banned
MrKnives said:
Yea, F1 teams never do anything fishy in regards to letting someone win. Not that many sports where a teammates compete against each other.

Yeah, not talking about bribes etc.

Oh and immature? I have never heard a pro athelete make a jackass of him self ouh ouh.

V_Arnold

After switching to zerg:
-Back to platinum
-Enjoying ZVZ again (almost)
-8+ winning streak against plat "opponent favored" opponents in Platinum currently
-I cant lose against T or P. Unable to.

-Knives, I hate you (
no, not really.
)

Q8D3vil

V_Arnold said:
After switching to zerg:
-Back to platinum
-Enjoying ZVZ again (almost)
-8+ winning streak against plat "opponent favored" opponents in Platinum currently
-I cant lose against T or P. Unable to.

-Knives, I hate you (
no, not really.
)
you are a zerg again ?
fuck yeah

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hazaro said:
MKP halfheartedly thanking foreign fans for paying his plane ticket to steal USD.
He also says I love you at the end.
I need to check this video out asap...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom